Villian ages?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atharpina
I was just wondering how old some of Batman's rogues gallery supposedly was when they first began their lives of crime. You know, like, the Joker (if anyone knows), Two Face, Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler, and so on...?

NoFate007
I don't have any official data, but I've always thought the stapled ages were like this:

Batman - 35
Joker - 37
Dent - 36
Kyle - 31
Ivy - 32
Riddler - 40
Scarecrow - 34
Penguin - 45

well basically everyone around their 30s.

Rafkins_Warning
Scarecrow, younger than Batman?

I always figured him older to be a Professor and what not... oh well, maybe he was just young when he took up the teaching job, I can't really remember if they say around what age he was in the comics.... odd.

atharpina
I can see him being younger, especially after watching Cillian. Crane's supposed to be a genius after all, right?

Rafkins_Warning
Yeah that's what I was just thinking, ya know he skipped a few grades... I can totally see him being younger now, its just he always seemed so much older in the comics is all.

smiley8
I suppose that riddler was bout 40 when he first appeared in the comics but he has been made to be alot younger in recent years.

DarkCrawler
Ra's Al Ghul: about 700 years.

NoFate007
Lol yeah Ra's is an exception.

wuTa
I always believed joker to be in his mid 40s

atharpina
No way, that old?

NoFate007
I think a lot of people want the Joker to be older just because he was in Batman '89.

Dark Shazam93
Nicholson's overrated anyway... and Joker shol only be abut Batsy's age...

wuTa
he are some reasons which lead me to believe him to be older than bats.....The joker was a low level criminal for sometime well before bruce wayne ever became batman, than he became redhood and the rest is history, but he it has been implyed that he was a low-level criminal at sometime, that really doesn't give you as much indication of his age as Alan Moore's version in which the Joker already had a engineer degree, a wife, and a son on the way, and once again this is before bruce ever became batman....in this description alone is sounds like the joker is a good 5 years ahead of batman, so maybe not mid 40s but atleast early 40s

Dark Shazam93
Bruce became Batman at 25...

Dark Shazam93
OH, HANG ON! Sorry... I see what you mean...

Utaro
Joker is around...30 I think

Dark Shazam93
A bit older tahn that! 35-40 i would say!

WrathfulDwarf
Interesting topic....I've always consider Bruce and Selina to be in their early 30's. Same with Ivy, Talia and Harvey. Joker is somewhere around his mid 30's. Harley is no doubt in between 21-24. Jason Todd must be 27.

The Older characters:

Mr Freeze is 46 he was in colleage around when of Thomas Wayne was still alive. Hugo Strange in his late 40's. Ra is ancient fossil and Penguin is 44. Riddler must be 40 years old.

Dark Shazam93
Woah.... some precise estimates there, WD... only one I disagree with is Jason!

NoFate007
Dick is older than Jason though isn't he? And isn't Dick's general age around like 21 or 22?

Impediment
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Harley is no doubt in between 21-24.

But wasnt she a doctor/psychiatrist at Arkham when she was treating Joker and fell in love with him and consequently went insane? That seems a little young for a shrink, IMO. I'd say more like early 30's, maybe late 20's.

NoFate007
I always pictured Harley to be just a tad older than Dick. If his age is virtually 21, she'd be like 23. She's relatively new to the Batman mythos, so its not like she has 40 some years of history behind her lol.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Impediment
But wasnt she a doctor/psychiatrist at Arkham when she was treating Joker and fell in love with him and consequently went insane? That seems a little young for a shrink, IMO. I'd say more like early 30's, maybe late 20's.

Well she was young when she started at Arkham, I mean everyone thought she was special to be so accomplished at her age so she was most likely in her early to mid twenties.

smiley8
Dick must be in his mid to late twenties........

HellMaster93
yes Though lots of guys say he's 27, I justb think WTF when they syab that crap... I always think of him as 24!

smiley8
Its only cos he does look 25-30!

jeffrodini
Wait wait wait... Joker was a chemist, not a low-level hood. Yeah, he became the Redhood... but for crying out loud get your origin stories right. He was a chemist, he lost his job and tried stand-up, etc... Read Hush Returns if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'd say Joker was in his late 30's when Batman was in his late 20's.

HellMaster93
That's a bit too old, man... and that origin is not from Hush Returns, it's from the Killing Joke but was also used in HR... though technically, no Joker origin has EVER been confirmed so frankly they could just turn to us all and say "Actually he was a 99 year old rapper who tried to create a cure for acne which... backfired a TEENY WEENY bit!"

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Impediment

Maybe it is...but she's awful young for to be in her mid 20's. Plus, she could be a gifted student and got her phd early.....prolly...

zod-doom
I thought Batman was 29 forever and ever as DC dogma, ten years ago he was 29 and in A.D. 2037 he will be 29. I think that this kind of makes having a timeline and age of supporting characters tricky. So I made up my own time line

Lets say Batman was 24 on January First of the first year of the Dark Knight
DK1 Batman 24, Catwoman 23, Joker 27-30
DK2 Riddler28 Robin 16 Two-Face30
DK3 Scarecrow 30 Penguin 40
DK4 Poison Ivy 25, Robin II 17
DK5
DK6
DK7
DK8 Robin III 16
DK9
So Batman is 32 Catwoman is 31 Joker is anywhere from 36 to 39 Riddler is 36 Nightwing is 24 Two-Face is 38 Scarecrow is 37 Penguin is 47 Poison Ivy is 31 Jason Todd is 23 and Robin is 18 (Robin III just graduated High school right?)

zod-doom
oh and this year would be DK9

HellMaster93
Cool!

01ZERO
in their teens

HellMaster93
Who is? batman?
DIE!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.