Wild Speculation on Year 7(HBP SPOILERS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

andyb44
McGonagle will have to give up her teaching post so she can concentrate on her new duties as Head Mistress.
McGonagle is/was the Transfiguration teacher.
Dumbledore taught Transfiguration before becoming Head Master.
IF Dumbledore is alive(as I believe he is) what better way to keep an eye on Harry than to teach his old subject???

I think it's more than coincidence that JKR mentioned in CoS that Dumbledore was the Transfiguration teacher before becoming the Headmaster.

I'm probably wrong but I strongly believe that whoever is teaching transfiguration in Book 7 will be Dumbledore in disguise(poly-juice or some spell or Dumbledore is a meta-morphmagis).

Clues: Riddle's mention that "the transfiguration teacher Dumbledore never trusted me..."

Tonks' stating in OotP that "meta-morphmagi are born not made, you have to use a spell or potion to change your appearence"(paraphrase I know).

The numerous mentions of Poly-juice potion and changing physical appearence throughout all of the books since CoS

The odd coincidence that McGonagle and Albus Dumbledore are/were both Transfiguration teachers becoming becoming head of the school.

Comments?

The Phantom
Originally posted by andyb44
McGonagle will have to give up her teaching post so she can concentrate on her new duties as Head Mistress.
IF Dumbledore is alive(as I believe he is) what better way to keep an eye on Harry than to teach his old subject???

I think it's more than coincidence that JKR mentioned in CoS that Dumbledore was the Transfiguration teacher before becoming the Headmaster.

I'm probably wrong but I strongly believe that whoever is teaching transfiguration in Book 7 will be Dumbledore in disguise(poly-juice or some spell or Dumbledore is a meta-morphmagis).

Clues: Riddle's mention that "the transfiguration teacher Dumbledore never trusted me..."

Tonks' stating in OotP that "meta-morphmagi are born not made, you have to use a spell or potion to change your appearence"(paraphrase I know).

The numerous mentions of Poly-juice potion and changing physical appearence throughout all of the books since CoS

The odd coincidence that McGonagle and Albus Dumbledore are/were both Transfiguration teachers becoming becoming head of the school.

Comments? I don't think we need warning on HBP spoilers anymore.

And I dunno. I kinda like the idea of DD being dead, and I highly doubt DD is a meta-morphmagis. And the polyjuice potion theory does seem interesting.

Waterslicer
I think it's a good theory but it's unlikely to happen. After all, Remus Lupin does say they would close the school down
('Lupin said they would,' said Ron) smile

Unicor777
Hm.. interesting, but if DD is back and if he uses polyjoice, then I think he will come back as DADA teacher, who can do the job better then him, he was after all the greatest wizard of our time. ....
But, unfortunaelly, I don't think that this will happen, I'm afraid that was everything that we heard from Albus Dumbledore, he is simply dead, unfortunatelly

tigress
Hmm alas I have to think on these lol

andyb44
Originally posted by Unicor777
Hm.. interesting, but if DD is back and if he uses polyjoice, then I think he will come back as DADA teacher, who can do the job better then him, he was after all the greatest wizard of our time. ....
But, unfortunaelly, I don't think that this will happen, I'm afraid that was everything that we heard from Albus Dumbledore, he is simply dead, unfortunatelly
Only thing tho, is Dumbledore HATES the Dark Arts! He would never become the DADA teacher. That's why I think that IF he is alive he will replace McGonagle as Transfigurations teacher.

Englishpin@pple

Comments?

i thought harry wasent going back to hogwarts.

Unicor777
Only thing tho, is Dumbledore HATES the Dark Arts! He would never become the DADA teacher. That's why I think that IF he is alive he will replace McGonagle as Transfigurations teacher.

Yep, he hates Dark aRts thats why he is the best in defence against DA

div
i think your all going on lost hope...i think the only time we will be seeing Dumbledore...is in a portrait in an office...

willRules
I pretty sure Dumbledore will come back, or at least there will be some grand plan he has already set in motion which his "death" was part of........

I also think Snape's still a good guy..............

I don't agree with everything stated on this site but it raises some interesting points on the subject.....................

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

Icicle
All very interesting theories smile
I hope this book comes out soon!

Unicor777
in a year time if we are lacky

jedi sarah
yea like snape found dumby and the other dumby was actually a deatheater using polijuice potion

HPFAN1992
does it state in the book that anyone looks or sees dumbledore after he has died, whilst Harry is chasing Snape?

I think that Dumbledore knew there was no real Horcrux and planted the potian he drank there. He knew the cave defences very well and the potion could have been the drought of living death. Dumbledore could have planned all this out to every minor detail.

Perhaps he knew that the potion wasn't dangerous because he planted it there himself!

willRules
Originally posted by HPFAN1992
does it state in the book that anyone looks or sees dumbledore after he has died, whilst Harry is chasing Snape?

That's a good point. I checked the books and the Dumbledore's body is only seen by Harry and several people including Hagrid, after his "death". Harry finds his body at the foot of the tower and cries over it befor going to the hospital wing. After this we know that Fawkes (who just hapens to have healing powers) cries over the grounds. After this we never see Dumbledore's body again, not even at the funeral where its covered up in a cloth.

I think that Dumbledore knew there was no real Horcrux and planted the potian he drank there. He knew the cave defences very well and the potion could have been the drought of living death. Dumbledore could have planned all this out to every minor detail.

Perhaps he knew that the potion wasn't dangerous because he planted it there himself!

I have heard this theory on this website as well smile

http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/dumbledoreclues.html

HPFAN1992
When fawkes was singing he could have been crying and restoring Dumbledore to full health? He could have brought Dumbledore back and healed his arm!

Does anyone think that ALL the Hogwarts heads have been transfiguration teachers? Could this be a clue to some part of the plot in Book 7?

Comments Please - ...

thats site is realy good most people that want to defend the case that dumbledore aint dead should go there and look at it but hey who noes mabey he is we will have to find out it comes out next yer 07/07/07 lol what a day to come out on

Opaleye92

That would make sense shifty , but i think Dumbeldore really is dead sad , he was so old messed , i think the whole funeral, with the centaurs, and the merpeople, and Fawkes was just so much, i could hardly see Jo making Dumbeldores death up, the whole thing was just so... final.

jahunt06
I think that Dumbledore is dead. I agree about the funeral being too final, too serious for Jo to not be serious. And while we're speculating about Book 7....

I do believe that Snape was meant to kill Dumbledore, and Dumbledore wanted him too. Remember the conversation in the forest that Hagrid overheard? Dumbledore was saying that Snape had promised to do something, and Snape was questioning it, thinking that Dumbledore was "assuming too much." I think Dumbledore knew that his death was part of the greater scheme of things, and perhaps would be the cause of something good. I just know that Dumbledore would not have let Draco's plans go through unchallenged if there weren't a reason Dumbledore should die. DUmbledore made it very clear at the end of HBP that he knew what Draco was doing all along, and he knew about Snape's Unbreakable Vow. Yet he allowed both people to be in the castle.
Also, I know that Snape is trustworthy. Rowling said that Dumbledore was never very far wide of the mark, and I believe that if Snape was not trustworthy she would not have said this. That would be an assumption very far wide of the mark; to falsely trust your own killer! I believe he knew Snape would end up killing him, and had planned it that way from the beginning.

About Harry being a Horcrux, or his scar being a Horcrux...Based on what JK has said, that Dumbledore is never very far from the truth, his scar really is just that; a scar from the killing curse. I know everyone says "It doesn't leave a marK!" But Dumbledore said in response to that that the killing curse does not usually leave a mark, however the exception is "sitting before me." Harry was, of course, sitting before Dumbledore. Also, the six horcruxes, and Voldemort's soul in his body, are pretty well known. I do not think Dumbledore's guesses were wrong, but he was vague about a relic of Ravenclaw's or Griffindor's. Some say that Harry is a relic of Griffindor, but I think not. He may be related (ie Godric's Hollow) but the idea of putting a Horcrux in Harry presents too many obstacles: "Can a person be killed, then imparted with a Horcrux? Wouldn't killing Harry destroy the soul piece by causing it to flee Harry's body (which is exactly what the Killing Curse does)? It was "mortally painful" for Voldemort to enter Harry's mind, even with Harry's blood. So how would his soul survive being imparted onto Harry?

Anyways, I'm rambling, tell me what you think. And please, challenge it if you have evidence.

jahunt06
Also, why Dumbledore is dead: Harry makes a speciffic comment that the Petrificus totalus spell wore off the moment Dumbledore died. This makes it clear that Dumbledore really did die. However, it does not oppose the theory that his death was planned.

Opaleye92
Originally posted by jahunt06
I think that Dumbledore is dead. I agree about the funeral being too final, too serious for Jo to not be serious. And while we're speculating about Book 7....

I do believe that Snape was meant to kill Dumbledore, and Dumbledore wanted him too. Remember the conversation in the forest that Hagrid overheard? Dumbledore was saying that Snape had promised to do something, and Snape was questioning it, thinking that Dumbledore was "assuming too much." I think Dumbledore knew that his death was part of the greater scheme of things, and perhaps would be the cause of something good. I just know that Dumbledore would not have let Draco's plans go through unchallenged if there weren't a reason Dumbledore should die. DUmbledore made it very clear at the end of HBP that he knew what Draco was doing all along, and he knew about Snape's Unbreakable Vow. Yet he allowed both people to be in the castle.
Also, I know that Snape is trustworthy. Rowling said that Dumbledore was never very far wide of the mark, and I believe that if Snape was not trustworthy she would not have said this. That would be an assumption very far wide of the mark; to falsely trust your own killer! I believe he knew Snape would end up killing him, and had planned it that way from the beginning.

About Harry being a Horcrux, or his scar being a Horcrux...Based on what JK has said, that Dumbledore is never very far from the truth, his scar really is just that; a scar from the killing curse. I know everyone says "It doesn't leave a marK!" But Dumbledore said in response to that that the killing curse does not usually leave a mark, however the exception is "sitting before me." Harry was, of course, sitting before Dumbledore. Also, the six horcruxes, and Voldemort's soul in his body, are pretty well known. I do not think Dumbledore's guesses were wrong, but he was vague about a relic of Ravenclaw's or Griffindor's. Some say that Harry is a relic of Griffindor, but I think not. He may be related (ie Godric's Hollow) but the idea of putting a Horcrux in Harry presents too many obstacles: "Can a person be killed, then imparted with a Horcrux? Wouldn't killing Harry destroy the soul piece by causing it to flee Harry's body (which is exactly what the Killing Curse does)? It was "mortally painful" for Voldemort to enter Harry's mind, even with Harry's blood. So how would his soul survive being imparted onto Harry?

Anyways, I'm rambling, tell me what you think. And please, challenge it if you have evidence.

Wow... I totally agree with Snape being trustworthy big grin. I however disagree, and believe that Harry's scar is a horcrux. I believe maybe it was an accident that Voldemort put part of his soul into Harry, however i have nothing to go on, no evidence to support this, except for the fact that Harry can sense what Voldy Poo is feeling, and can see some of what Voldy Poo is doing. confused But I guess we will just have to wait and see *sigh*

ndfreak
OMFG OMFG OM FG LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!! DD IS DED KILLED MURDERED BUT SNAPE IS INOCENT BOTH CAN DO OCCLUMENCY AND THEY WER HAVIN A ROW EARLIER WEN SNAPE SED IM BEING WORKED TO HARD OR THAT HES STRESSED OUT TO MUCH BUT DD IS DED. AS FOR HIS BROTHER HOO ALSO IS THE BARMAN OF THE HOGSHEAD HE MIGHT HELP OUT HARRY ALONG WIT SNAPE AND THE OTHER OOTP PEOPLE.!!.. AND IF U THINK BOUT THE THEORIE THAT A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PPL HARRY LOVES HAVE TO DIE UNTIL HARRY CAN DEFEAT VOLDY THEN DD IS DED ALSO IF DD WASNT DED HE WOULD REVEAL HIMSELF TO HARRY BECAUSE HE IS LIKE A FATHER FIGURE TO HARRY AND HARRY WOPULD FEEL A SENSE OF REJOICE AT DD COMING BAK. ALSO IF HARRY FOUND OUT TAT DD WAS HIDIN FROM HIM HARRY'D BE TOTALLY PISSED OFF AT DD. SO NO HES DED WONT COME BAK AND WILL ONLY TALK TO HARRY THRO THE POTRAIT.ALSO I THINK SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN WITH THE MIROR SIRIUS GAVE HARRY.

Opaleye92
Originally posted by ndfreak
OMFG OMFG OM FG LMAO LMAO LMAO!!!!! DD IS DED KILLED MURDERED BUT SNAPE IS INOCENT BOTH CAN DO OCCLUMENCY AND THEY WER HAVIN A ROW EARLIER WEN SNAPE SED IM BEING WORKED TO HARD OR THAT HES STRESSED OUT TO MUCH BUT DD IS DED. AS FOR HIS BROTHER HOO ALSO IS THE BARMAN OF THE HOGSHEAD HE MIGHT HELP OUT HARRY ALONG WIT SNAPE AND THE OTHER OOTP PEOPLE.!!.. AND IF U THINK BOUT THE THEORIE THAT A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PPL HARRY LOVES HAVE TO DIE UNTIL HARRY CAN DEFEAT VOLDY THEN DD IS DED ALSO IF DD WASNT DED HE WOULD REVEAL HIMSELF TO HARRY BECAUSE HE IS LIKE A FATHER FIGURE TO HARRY AND HARRY WOPULD FEEL A SENSE OF REJOICE AT DD COMING BAK. ALSO IF HARRY FOUND OUT TAT DD WAS HIDIN FROM HIM HARRY'D BE TOTALLY PISSED OFF AT DD. SO NO HES DED WONT COME BAK AND WILL ONLY TALK TO HARRY THRO THE POTRAIT.ALSO I THINK SOMETHING WILL HAPPEN WITH THE MIROR SIRIUS GAVE HARRY.

I agree big grin

argesilen
it's interesting theory(but, i think it's just a theory), that Voldemort put the part of his soul in Harry's body, because as someone said that dumbledore put his in phoenix, so that he'll never gonna die, because of the power of rebirth, so that Voldemort thought that if his destiny is to die ONLY by a hand of Harry's he chosen to play safe and put his soul, and since he believes that worst fear of people is dying, and harry would not kill himself or let others do that, that means that actually Voldemort will not die...
confused writing accomplishedsmile

argesilen
Also some q:
In the HBP, near the end, in the cave Dumbl. said that the magical boat measures quantity of magic, so only one magician can pass, and since drinking the potion needs at least two persons, it would have to be or under-aged wizards or something like Filch, or even muggles, so that R.A.B. means few people...
what do you think
p.s. forget my gram. and other mistakes, since english isn't my nativesmile

argesilen
One more thing:-)
In the HBP when Dumbledore and Harry went into memory in which D. speaks with young V. and discovers that y.V. can move thing with his mind(telekinesis) or actualise will(hurting people just by thinking of it), and in some book someone said that D. is equally powerful as V. and it never has anything with his age(Dumbl.) but the power he has within him, it's possible that young D. would also had special powers in youth, probably similar to V. Point is that when Drako used exp. spell and remove wand from D. hand, could D. use some of his special powers and eliminate Drako's wand, then use it in defence...
second point is that he planed it from the start...
but there's some confusing line in which D. seeks help from Snape when Harry and himself saw the Deatheat. mark above the tower, he wouldn't do that if there was a planned scenario between Snape and him...

argesilen
About the petrificus tot. spell:
remember when harry used lumos spell in third book without touching wand, so D. could deactivate his spell but that's just too organized, D. is great but that perfect, i don't think so...

allofyousuckkk
all young wizards have power that just happens, only difference is Voldy could control it.

My god, all of you are asking questions that were already answered.

argesilen
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
all young wizards have power that just happens, only difference is Voldy could control it.

My god, all of you are asking questions that were already answered.

Wow, you've missed the point entirely...

My point was if Vol. could do it, Dumbl.>(more power)Voldem. so Dumbl. also could do it, at the same rate, if not greater, than V.

All wizards, yes, but not with same efficiency, since Dumb. was(hahaha) the greatest wizard, he was supposed to do some non-wand magic on Drako, pull out his wand, use it in his defence etc.

x_hp_fan
I think that all of y'all theories are interesting.
But, personally, I think DD had to die, so that Harry could grow up more. So that he could realize that in the end the prophecy had to be completed. I mean, that in the end, it was just going to be him vs. Voldy, and nothing was going to be standing between them, protecting him.

allofyousuckkk
Dumbledore is dead. Period. His picture frame is up, and he wouldn't keep it secret from everyone. I would loose all respect for JKR if she were to bring him back. DD needed to die so harry could take care of things himself.

And like I said, people ask questions that have already been answered in the books.

Rampant ox
I agree that Dumbledore is dead. Dont you think all these conspiracy theories a bit to obvious for our cunning Ms Rowling. I mean she has kept us guessing for the last 6 books and has always suprised us, I just dont think that she would give out any hint about what will happen in book 7. Perhaps she planted all this evidence to show Snape is a good guy etc just close enough to the surface for us to find - but just deep enough for us all to think we arent meant to know. However that is just my opinion.

And I just had a thought, could Voldemorts wand be the horcrux? And that something will happen to Harrys wand when it gets destoyed. Or maybe the phoenix, whose tail feather is in these wands was the horcrux, meaning that Harry has part of Vodemorts horcrux in his wand, Voldemort has part of the horcrux in his own wand, and that the phoenix has the other part of the horcrux. Again im just guessing though...

Barker
Originally posted by Rampant ox
And I just had a thought, could Voldemorts wand be the horcrux? And that something will happen to Harrys wand when it gets destoyed. Or maybe the phoenix, whose tail feather is in these wands was the horcrux, meaning that Harry has part of Vodemorts horcrux in his wand, Voldemort has part of the horcrux in his own wand, and that the phoenix has the other part of the horcrux. Again im just guessing though...
What the f**k?

When Harry's is destroyed? confused

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Barker
What the f**k?

What he said.

Rampant ox
Originally posted by Barker
What the f**k?

Haha sorry. Make a mental note to change when to if. wink

allofyousuckkk
hmmm....the wand theory is better than the scar theory

Barker
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Haha sorry. Make a mental note to change when to if. wink
stick out tongue

It's actually pretty good. But It'd have to be Dumbledore's Horcrux, and I doubt he'd make one. confused

argesilen
Does anyone know if it's mentioned somewhere in HP books that animagus wizards while turned can't be detected as magical beings with standard magical procedures. Because if so, R.A.B. maybe is actually initials for they're names in animal form. It would explain need for at least 2 persons for cave horcrux, that can fit lake boat...

p.s. if somebody mentioned this before, sorry...

pinkfloydkor
If you read carefully in the 6th book, It says that Snape and Dumbledore are arguing. I think that Dumbledore was telling Snape to kill him, but Snape didnt want to. also think that Snape said he would not do it, and when Dumbledore was pleading to him in the tower, he was pleading Snape to kill him. I also think that before he died, he made a horcrux. I think that horcrux is Fawkes, because Dumbledore said you could make animals horcruxes.

I also think that I figured out what J.K. Rowling was talking about when she said that Harry looking just like his dad, but with his mothers eyes. She said that is very significant in the last book. In the third book, Lupin told Harry that His mother helped him out in his time of need. The only time of need lupin would have would be his werewolf transformation. I think that Lily was an animagus and her mark was her green eyes. I f you think about it, no other animaguses besides James had kids, and James being an animagus did have an effect on Harry, his Patronus form. I think Lily passed the Animagus ability on because Harry has the same eyes as Lily.

argesilen
So what are you implying? That Lily was or is R.A.B? I can't see connection between my post and yours...
I also think that phoenix has dumbledore's soul inside because when harry think of dumbledore in CoS phoenix appeared, beside that D. and phoenix had weird connection between them, it could only be explained with soul parts, just like Nagini and V.
How does the animagus ability of ones parents affects someone's personality or anything else, in this case Harry's?

allofyousuckkk
you can't pass on an ability. It has to be learned. That's like me being good at math becuase my mom got 100 on a math test in the 70's

pinkfloydkor
well, James being an animagus had an impact on Harry, did it not?

And J.K. has hinted that Harry having his mothers eyes is significant. And besides, its only a theory

argesilen
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
you can't pass on an ability. It has to be learned. That's like me being good at math becuase my mom got 100 on a math test in the 70's

you're maybe right, but please, please don't use metaphors you don't know nothing about. Talent itself in fact can be passed on child from parent in very high percentage, especially math talent...have you ever hear about Pauli family or just read biography of any mathematician, and you'll see that their parents had advanced skills in math...

babysooner13

Comments?

Great minds think alike! wink

argesilen
sorry if somebody said this before...
but, did JKR gave explanaton why the Godric Hollow was destroyed that night, James had fight with V, but the house didn't colapsed during it...so why?

Maybe the entire house is horcrux, just wild speculationsmile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.