"Click to activate" - Active X

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
Alright, I'm sure you guys know about that update that makes it so you have to click on flash and video files before you can do anything (pause, play, stop, skip, what have you).

And I know there's something I can download to get rid of this because I did it before. The other day my computer died and everything had to be replaced, so I obviously don't have that program anymore. I forget what it was called, where I got it, and etc, but I know 100% that there was something I downloaded in regards to this ActiveX activation nonsense that made it so I didn't have to do it anymore.

So do you guys know where I can get said download? Thanks

Alpha Centauri
For some odd reason this has just randomly started happening to me also.

Literally randomly.

-AC

NoFate007
Its been a problem for a while for some people, but I just had my hard drive replaced yesterday so its just a problem for me (again) now.

NoFate007
Got the answer for ya.

http://capitalhead.com/articles/click-to-activate-and-use-this-control---kb912812.aspx

click the link under "Compatibility Patch for Internet Explorer for XP SP2"

I got that and bingo, don't have to click the things anymore. Hope this helps you guys.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.