Vulcan vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
had to happen sooner or later.

so who wins?

no prep.

fight takes place in space on a giant deserted moon that can sustain life.....

Black Adam
Bump

juggernaut66666
you know how vulcan disables others powers? He switches of the electricity in the brain so he can not use his powers . He did that to marvel girl

grey fox
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
you know how vulcan disables others powers? He switches of the electricity in the brain so he can not use his powers . He did that to marvel girl

Guess what . Marvel Girls a mutant , of course he can do that to his own kind.

Thanos soon shows mr Vulcan how low on the food chain he really is though.

LordKaos
being a mutant has nothing to do with brain chemistry, he could pull it off unless Thanos has a brain that doesn't rely on electrical impulses.

juggernaut66666

can't you understand he just shuts off the electricity in his brain because electricity is energy and vulcan can manipulate all forms of energy

grey fox

can't you understand he just shuts off the electricity in his brain because electricity is energy and vulcan can manipulate all forms of energy

As can thanos .

But Thanos has been doing it for MUCH longer. I also doubt your 'beyond omega' level mutant could stand up to odin.

juggernaut66666
never said anything like that

grey fox
never said anything like that

Look at your sig.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by grey fox
Look at your sig.
because in the comics it is said atleast 3times that he is above omega level it is said by rachel summers 2 times and also said by emma frost

Soujaboy
Well the comic did state he was beyond omega lv, but that doesn't mean he can defeat Thanos.

grey fox
because in the comics it is said atleast 3times that he is above omega level it is said by rachel summers 2 times and also said by emma frost

Oh yes let's really take what the characters say as credible , after all Spider-man once stated that he could take down the hulk.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by Soujaboy
Well the comic did state he was beyond omega lv, but that doesn't mean he can defeat Thanos.
i never said that he can beat thanos i nly sai that he could just shut of his brain because he did that before to others

juggernaut66666
Oh yes let's really take what the characters say as credible , after all Spider-man once stated that he could take down the hulk.
look it is a comic so emma frost or any other characters don't have free will to say what they want Comic book writers make them speak

grey fox
No , what i'm saying is whenever a character refers to another characters strength their usually speaking a crock of shit

juggernaut66666
well when emma frost was using cerebra to search for mutants when he found vulcan her mind got fried and the whole cerebra got fried out

GODSCRIBE
So what if he can maniupulate matter? Thanos has been doing that for centuries. Please, Vulcan dies with a passion.

juggernaut66666
thats not so easy vulcan can adapt to his attacks he can adapt anything can thanos stop time?

juggernaut66666
just tell me how would thanos kill vulcan?

GODSCRIBE
Thanos durability is as good as it gets in comics. The likes of Silver Surfer can't even scratch him. Unless you're telling me Vulcan is above Silver Surfer when it comes to cosmic force. Thanos blasts are enough to knock-down Galactus. Like I said, Vulcan has no chance at all.

Soleran
Thanos is a mutant also.........

juggernaut66666
im not saying vulcan wins just tryin to show you he can't be handled easily vulcan is master of energy manipulating he just reverts thanos blasts at him like he did to cyclops and thw anti omega mutant sentinel he has super adaptive powers that means if you try to drown him he will grow limbs if you tryin t burn him he will become fireproof if you try t hurt him it wn't work cause he just adapts he can als stop time has psionic attcks can copy others powers or stop others from usin there powers an has much more powers geokinesis telekinesis pyrokinesis and he is above omega level

Black Adam
Originally posted by Soleran
Thanos is a mutant also.........

well not a human mutant. no x-gene

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Black Adam
well not a human mutant. no x-gene

basically. well i sure hope someone was just being facetious.

juggernaut66666
m not saying vulcan wins just tryin to show you he can't be handled easily vulcan is master of energy manipulating he just reverts thanos blasts at him like he did to cyclops and thw anti omega mutant sentinel he has super adaptive powers that means if you try to drown him he will grow limbs if you tryin t burn him he will become fireproof if you try t hurt him it wn't work cause he just adapts he can als stop time has psionic attcks can copy others powers or stop others from usin there powers an has much more powers geokinesis telekinesis pyrokinesis and he is above omega level

the Darkone
Thanos is over 10,000 years old he has been manipulating energy for centuries, plus he has cosmic and energy plasma powers and pisonic powers. Since been cursed twice by death, Thanos very well could be a skyfather level being, even Thanos put a normal Galactus on his ass.

Thanos 10/10 to much experience.

Soujaboy
Thanos do's win fairly easy, but Vulcan once he learns how to use his powers better will be a force in the Marvel Universe.

superkronick92
No , what i'm saying is whenever a character refers to another characters strength their usually speaking a crock of shit

batman: supergirl is stronger than superman

Soujaboy
Well ya saying anybody is stronger than Superpenis is a lie.

Crease
I only responded because I saw this thread actually had 28 responses...A mutant human defeating a mutant eternal? Where's spetznaz when you need him.

Mider
give me a break everyone here thinks thanos is unbeatable and when someone questions it they jump all over the person like a rabbid dog thats why some of them get dicked off cause they refer to insults and even threats how very lame, thanos is not invincible and if he does have electricity in his brain he can be effected and i believe he does since there is nothing saying he doesnt.

Mider
bump

Mider
this battle would be amazing, vulcan can controll all types of energy, as well as duplicate powers, and use time powers can thanos stand up to this.

bitca730
Have you read ANY of the posts before yours? ...I think its safe to say yes Thanos could...

grey fox
Originally posted by bitca730
Have you read ANY of the posts before yours? ...I think its safe to say yes Thanos could...

Ignore Mider he's a ....

http://www.beadsworldusa.com/images/BW14PCSD---Round-Nose-Plier.jpg

the Darkone
Thanos is a mutant eternal and has all of the eternal abilities plus more, who very well be the most powerful eternal of them all, Thanos has fought Odin to a stalemate and Tyrant, battle Galactus. Thanos feats are greater than Vulcan who has yet to fight anybody of higher status until then Thanos will own his ass like he does wit everybody else including Silver Surfer.

Mider = don't know sh**

Mider
at least i dont have to refur to lame insults every time i hear someone posts i dont like unlike you two and the sad thing is you dont even back up your little insults with proof

the Darkone
please for the sake of all man kind, punctuate.

Mider
for your own sake grow up. Anyway if his powers effect energy guess what thanos has alot of energy going on, and i aint never seen thanos manipulate time unaided or have geokanisis or whatever its called.

the Darkone
Nobody pays attention to you Mider, you are pain in the ass. You make George Bush look like saint . Thanos will kill Vulcan minutes. Thanos has fought sky-father beings, who has Vulcan fought ? nobody, Thanos is one of smartest beings in the universe he will school Vulcan in every way, hell he can't even beat Sersi and she is one of the powerful beings on the planet.

juggernaut66666
jst tell me the way that thanos will kill vulcan

grey fox
jst tell me the way that thanos will kill vulcan

He could physically pull the guy's off of his shoulders , he could fry the guy with PC .....

The list goes on.

Mider
darkone who even glances at your post and doesnt roll there eyes and then moves on to more realistic posts, and gray fox your a thanos fanboy arent you, i mean i could say vulcan has the power to snap his fingers and have thanos sent into total oblivion beyond the realm of death and you'd say oh he'd find a way to come back or something like that, lets see if vulcan can controll all energy he could use thanos powers against him, if he can copy powers he can copy thanos powers as well, so yeah the fight isnt as one sided as they wish to make it.

juggernaut66666
or just fry his mind

grey fox
Originally posted by Mider
darkone who even glances at your post and doesnt roll there eyes and then moves on to more realistic posts, and gray fox your a thanos fanboy arent you, i mean i could say vulcan has the power to snap his fingers and have thanos sent into total oblivion beyond the realm of death and you'd say oh he'd find a way to come back or something like that, lets see if vulcan can controll all energy he could use thanos powers against him, if he can copy powers he can copy thanos powers as well, so yeah the fight isnt as one sided as they wish to make it.

No I'm not a Thanos fanboy , but your a fanboy of sky-fathers. So i suggest you shut your trap toolboy.

A. Has Vulcan been shown manipulating the Power cosmic , if not then he hasn't and can't .

B. Your overestimating his time manipulation.

C. Thanos can take blast's from a god and is insanely strong . Vulcan can move the earth and control energy. He's flavour of the month just like SBP shut up and get over it .

How do we know thanos's mind works with electricity ? For all we know it could simply be the PC. Until i see otherwise this little 'brain fry' stun of your's is null and void.

Mider
energy is energy that includes the power cosmic doesnt it and since when hasnt his brain used electricity, and i dont need to use insults to get my point across all your using is speculation which doesnt help your case at all or hurt it it proves nothing, please point to anywhere where titan bodys are that diffrent from human bodys, can you find one, if so please show us, till think it would be logical that his brain works with electricity since i dont know how else it would work, and thanos cant manipulat time PERIOUD and who cares if he hasnt worked on the power cosmic yet does that mean he cant, if the green lantern tried it do you think he couldnt manipulate it or absorb it?

ExodusCloak
Question- Would the Phoenix Force in Rachel Grey count as her mutation or as a Cosmic Entity?

Because he managed to shut down her powers and a fragment of the Phoenix Force inside of her?

grey fox
energy is energy that includes the power cosmic doesnt it and since when hasnt his brain used electricity, and i dont need to use insults to get my point across all your using is speculation which doesnt help your case at all or hurt it it proves nothing, please point to anywhere where titan bodys are that diffrent from human bodys, can you find one, if so please show us, till think it would be logical that his brain works with electricity since i dont know how else it would work, and thanos cant manipulat time PERIOUD and who cares if he hasnt worked on the power cosmic yet does that mean he cant, if the green lantern tried it do you think he couldnt manipulate it or absorb it?

Ok let's see. Thanos is a Mutant anyway so that put's him at odd's of even being similar to his people.

Eternals are ageless and virtually immortal, and possess numerous superhuman physical and mental abilities, including the powers of flight and energy projection and manipulation. Many have specialized in one particular area, far beyond the average. Sersi, for example, developed to an extraordinary degree the ability to manipulate molecules and atoms; Makkari can attain superhuman speeds; Zuras focused on energy manipulation; and the Forgotten One on strength and durability. Eternals have the ability to merge, physically and mentally, into a collective entity called the Uni-Mind.

Yeah their really similar to the human race Mider , i mean shit . As soon as i was born i could FU*KING MIND RAPE THE ENTIRE ROOM

And again, the Power cosmic is a difficult substance to master control of . None of his bio's or various appearances state that he has 'Absolute control over every form of energy' .

grey fox
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Question- Would the Phoenix Force in Rachel Grey count as her mutation or as a Cosmic Entity?

Because he managed to shut down her powers and a fragment of the Phoenix Force inside of her?

Phoenix force is a 'cosmic entity'. If Vulcan turned it off then their is some grade A PIS right their .

juggernaut66666
Phoenix force is a 'cosmic entity'. If Vulcan turned it off then their is some grade A PIS right their . why ?he can manipulate all forms of energy

grey fox
why ?he can manipulate all forms of energy

The phoenix isn't energy.

ExodusCloak
I'm kind of torn between the whole Phoenix thing, mainly because it means Jean can come back without being boring. However I do agree that the Phoenix Force shouldn't have been shut down.

I was looking back, and about Vulcans intelligence, due to Darwins powers he can be really smart when he wants to be.

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5808/smart4xy.jpg

Tshern
why ?he can manipulate all forms of energy

So you think Quasar could manipulate Phoenix? Righto, mate.

Mider
where in your bio does it say thanos cannot be affected by brain chemestry, even magneto caused hercules problems by messing with his brain and mags is just a mutant, i would think that thano's brain can be manipulated in the same way since no where has it been stated that it cant and the olympians are also virtual immortals so your argument is not good at all.

King KAM
juggernaut66666 is such a fanboy....oh my god...your worst than capt it up......dude....kill yourself...itd be for the greater good.

grey fox
where in your bio does it say thanos cannot be affected by brain chemestry, even magneto caused hercules problems by messing with his brain and mags is just a mutant, i would think that thano's brain can be manipulated in the same way since no where has it been stated that it cant and the olympians are also virtual immortals so your argument is not good at all.

No my argument is better then yours because .....

A. It's spelled correctly and has punctuation .

B. It actually makes sense , after all Thanos is a mutant alien being , for all we know his brain could run on pastrami .

Dayscribe
No my argument is better then yours because .....

A. It's spelled correctly and has punctuation .

B. It actually makes sense , after all Thanos is a mutant alien being , for all we know his brain could run on pastrami .

Maybe it's a bomb! evil face

King KAM
nobody listen to mider, he says that Franklin Richards is stronger than a fully powered Galactus.....

Dayscribe
Originally posted by King KAM
nobody listen to mider, he says that Franklin Richards is stronger than a fully powered Galactus.....

jawdrop Wow. That's bad.

King KAM
Originally posted by Dayscribe
jawdrop Wow. That's bad. he aslo said agreed that with a guy who said that silver surfer was more powerful than galactus.......

Dayscribe
Oh wow.

grey fox
And here i thought he was just ignorant of comics , now i can see he's just ignorant in general

bitca730
I concur...and what has Vulcan done with his time manipulation powers exactly? Besides of course providing some quick flashback illusions for Kitty Pryde, Havok, & Nightcrawler (who, to my knowledge, aren't the most psychic resistent people)...anyway, Thanos is an External and has greatly enhanced strength, stamina, durability, and speed...so unless Vulcan traveled back in time to defeat the what 5 members of the X-Men, then his attempts at "time manipulation" are cancelled by Thanos' super speed...its ridiculous to debate this, as Vulcan has not shown nearly enough powers, tactics, battle knowledge, etc to defeat Thanos...only some potential...

TheKahn
It's late and I can't sleep so that means it's time for a long post.

Cutting to the chase, Thanos should win. At this point Vulcan is little more than hype (ala the Sentry), imo. He may turn out to be omega level, herald level, or skyfather level but we just don't know for sure right now. And I think it is rather premature to claim that he can definitely defeat one of the upper echelon characters in Marvel given his dearth of feats.

Now lets get down to brass tacks so to speak. What can Vulcan do exactly? From the marvel web site:
"Vulcan has thus far demonstrated enormous energy-manipulation, psionic powers, the ability to control other's powers, super-adaptive physiology, and geokinesis. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

Let's look at these powers one at a time and see if they could garner him a victory over the Mad Titan.

Energy-manipulation and psionic powers: Hahaha. Thanos laughs off point blank blasts from the Surfer and has taken, among other things, energy attacks from Odin IN ASGARD. What exactly has Vulcan done that would even suggest that he could match either of these two? As for psionic attacks, Nate Grey wasn't able to beat Thanos while they were trapped in a pocket dimension (thus Thanos was weakened by being cut off from his source of cosmic energy)

Time Manipulation: Now this would seem to give Vulcan a distinct advantage in this fight but this particular power does not seem to be very useful against Thanos. The Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and (formally) Thor can/could manipulate time as well and it has not granted them an automatic win. Also Thanos has been able to reemerge almost immediately after being sucked into an artificially generated black hole which would mean he had some way of countering the slowing down of time that the gravitational field of the black hole would produce.

Geokinesis: Useless as I doubt stoning Thanos will work.

Advanced adaptation: I can't see this as being very useful as Thanos can simply turn Vulcan into a rock if he wanted to or disintegrate Vulcan with a Galactus leveling blast. What I mean is that this ability seems to be dependant on Vulcan surviving the initial attack long enough to adapt. Given the level of Thanos' attacks, this seems rather unlikely to me.

Controlling other beings powers: I believe that this power may still be too undefined to use in a debate. From what I under stand from Deadly Genesis Vulcan seems to be able to gain the mutant abilities to some degree of the individuals around him (ala using telepathy and telekinesis, presumably from Marvel Girl, against her, Wolverine, and Cyclops). We don't know if this power extends to all super-powers (ie non-mutant) or what degree of control Vulcan is granted when he gains them. Keep in mind that Thanos has enhanced himself by both technological and mystical means. While I would rule out Vulcan being able to absorb all of his powers regardless of origin and being able to have complete mastery over their use, I do not think you can assume that based on his present feats.

Mr. Valentine
^ very good post big grin

TheKahn
thanks

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by TheKahn
Advanced adaptation: I can't see this as being very useful as Thanos can simply turn Vulcan into a rock if he wanted to or disintegrate Vulcan with a Galactus leveling blast. What I mean is that this ability seems to be dependant on Vulcan surviving the initial attack long enough to adapt. Given the level of Thanos' attacks, this seems rather unlikely to me.

Vulcans advanced adaptation power is probably the only chance of him winning this fight. And it's not dependent on surviving the first attack. As shown here:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5857/stone5md.jpg

It's not only independent on a Physical Change in the enviroment. All Gabriel needs to do is desperately feel he needs to survive and he'll survive. If you look at the scan Darwin is the one that triggers his power, not the enviroment.
So Gabriel does have a chance. It might be a slim one but it's a chance.

TheKahn
Vulcans advanced adaptation power is probably the only chance of him winning this fight. And it's not dependent on surviving the first attack. As shown here:

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/5857/stone5md.jpg

It's not only independent on a Physical Change in the enviroment. All Gabriel needs to do is desperately feel he needs to survive and he'll survive. If you look at the scan Darwin is the one that triggers his power, not the enviroment.
So Gabriel does have a chance. It might be a slim one but it's a chance.

I was talking about it being used in an defensive capacity when I said it was dependant on him surviving an initial attack. For example, if Thanos uses his matter manipulation power on Vulcan, thus instantly killing him, I doubt Vulcan will be able to adapt to being dead.

When Darwin was placed in the water, he knew that he needed to have some way to breathe to survive as the water would not kill him instantly. The same applies to him jumping off the roof as he had a few moments to realize what was happening and thus time for his body to adapt to survive. The problem is that against Thanos who can, and has, k.o. the Silver Surfer with a couple of punches and has leveled Galactus with an energy blast, I'm not sure if Vulcan would have time to realize the nature of the attack before he is dead.

ExodusCloak
I see where you're coming from, but if you look at that scan I posted, it says Darwins subconscience did it, meaning it wasn't a conscience action it may occur just like Evolution which is naturally.(Hence the codename Darwin) Which would mean that it wouldn't matter if he knew what the attack was based on. As long as he felt the need to survive his body would have adapted to suit the change in the enviroment.
It's the same with the test he took. He desperately needed to do well on the test. His subconscience made him smarter.(He didn't know he had powers). Which means if he desperately needed to survive his subconscience would pull some miracle out of a place where the sun doesn't shine, and he'll survive.
BTW Wouldn't Thanos' Matter Manipulation be Energy based?
Like I said Vulcan has a chance, but it's slim.(Because I haven't seen him fight)

The potential is there however.

TheKahn
I see where you're coming from, but if you look at that scan I posted, it says Darwins subconscious did it, meaning it wasn't a conscience action it may occur just like Evolution.(Hence the codename Darwin) Which would mean that it wouldn't matter if he knew what the attack was based on. As long as he felt the need to survive his body would have adapted to suit the change in the enviroment.
It's the same with the test he took. He desperately needed to do well on the test. His subconscious made him smarter. Which means if he desperately needed to survive his subconscious would pull some miracle out of a place where the sun doesn't shine, and he'll survive.

I understand, but even the subconscious mind is reliant on sensory or other type of information to determine in what way Darwin, and therefore Vulcan, needs to evolve. My concern is that given Thanos' level of firepower, I just not sure that Vulcan will survive long enough for even his subconscious mind to realize he is being attack much less what the nature of the attack is.

Now my opinion can certainly change as we see more feats from Vulcan and are able to determine the precise nature and limits of his powers but as it stands I just don't think he has been proven capable of facing off against what may be a near skyfather level character. Right now I just think it is a bit of a stretch to say surviving fire and a 30 foot fall means that he is able to take attacks that the Silver Surfer cannot.

ExodusCloak
I understand, but even the subconscious mind is reliant on sensory or other type of information to determine in what way Darwin, and therefore Vulcan, needs to evolve. My concern is that given Thanos' level of firepower, I just not sure that Vulcan will survive long enough for even his subconscious mind to realize he is being attack much less what the nature of the attack is.

Now my opinion can certainly change as we see more feats from Vulcan and are able to determine the precise nature and limits of his powers but as it stands I just don't think he has been proven capable of facing off against what may be a near skyfather level character. Right now I just think it is a bit of a stretch to say surviving fire and a 30 foot fall means that he is able to take attacks that the Silver Surfer cannot.

That's true, but Darwins power is all to do with Evolution, so it's possible that his body could transcend to a state where the attack doesn't affect him.(I mean Omega mutants are said to have unlimited potential. Now just imagine what limits an Omega PLUS mutant has).

However again you're right there just isn't enough information to judge only speculate. I think in DG#6 we'll see more of Darwin, Petra and Sway so more about the nature of his powers should be revealed. And in Uncanny I think they're going up against the Shiar. If he struggles against the empire then I'll be really disappointed, however if he trounces the whole empire then it wouldn't be a suprise.

I'll wait for more feats.

TheKahn
That's true, but Darwins power is all to do with Evolution, so it's possible that his body could transcend to a state where the attack doesn't affect him.(I mean Omega mutants are said to have unlimited potential. Now just imagine what limits an Omega PLUS mutant has).

However again you're right there just isn't enough information to judge only speculate. I think in DG#6 we'll see more of Darwin, Petra and Sway so more about the nature of his powers should be revealed. And in Uncanny I think they're going up against the Shiar. If he struggles against the empire then I'll be really disappointed, however if he trounces the whole empire then it wouldn't be a suprise.

I'll wait for more feats.

Agreed, more feat are definitely required. Needless to say, though, the kid does have potential. Depending on how far they want to push his powers (especially his evolving power) Vulcan could certainly prove to be one of the most powerful mutants to ever exist.

GODSCRIBE

Cutting to the chase, Thanos should win. At this point Vulcan is little more than hype (ala the Sentry), imo. He may turn out to be omega level, herald level, or skyfather level but we just don't know for sure right now. And I think it is rather premature to claim that he can definitely defeat one of the upper echelon characters in Marvel given his dearth of feats.

Now lets get down to brass tacks so to speak. What can Vulcan do exactly? From the marvel web site:
"Vulcan has thus far demonstrated enormous energy-manipulation, psionic powers, the ability to control other's powers, super-adaptive physiology, and geokinesis. He has also acquired the abilities of his teammates Petra (geokinesis), Darwin (advanced adaptation), and Sway (time manipulation) after his revival."

Let's look at these powers one at a time and see if they could garner him a victory over the Mad Titan.

Energy-manipulation and psionic powers: Hahaha. Thanos laughs off point blank blasts from the Surfer and has taken, among other things, energy attacks from Odin IN ASGARD. What exactly has Vulcan done that would even suggest that he could match either of these two? As for psionic attacks, Nate Grey wasn't able to beat Thanos while they were trapped in a pocket dimension (thus Thanos was weakened by being cut off from his source of cosmic energy)

Time Manipulation: Now this would seem to give Vulcan a distinct advantage in this fight but this particular power does not seem to be very useful against Thanos. The Silver Surfer, Dr. Strange, and (formally) Thor can/could manipulate time as well and it has not granted them an automatic win. Also Thanos has been able to reemerge almost immediately after being sucked into an artificially generated black hole which would mean he had some way of countering the slowing down of time that the gravitational field of the black hole would produce.

Controlling other beings powers: I believe that this power may still be too undefined to use in a debate. From what I under stand from Deadly Genesis Vulcan seems to be able to gain the mutant abilities to some degree of the individuals around him (ala using telepathy and telekinesis, presumably from Marvel Girl, against her, Wolverine, and Cyclops). We don't know if this power extends to all super-powers (ie non-mutant) or what degree of control Vulcan is granted when he gains them. Keep in mind that Thanos has enhanced himself by both technological and mystical means. While I would rule out Vulcan being able to absorb all of his powers regardless of origin and being able to have complete mastery over their use, I do not think you can assume that based on his present feats.

great post.

Black Adam

oh yeah thats the stuff droolio

TheKahn
Originally posted by Black Adam
oh yeah thats the stuff droolio

is it worth a gif... shifty

grey fox
So thanos whomps him.

TheKahn
So thanos whomps him.

I'd say so, for now anyways.

grey fox
Ahhh , what was once wrong is now right.

the Darkone
Thanos has two upgrades, son know Thanos is to powerful for Vulcan regardless what happen in the future, remember people Thanos greatest weapon is not his strength or his cosmic/mystical powers it's his near omnipotent intelligences, that's his greatest weapon.

Black Adam
is it worth a gif... shifty

it is.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=402745&perpage=20&highlight=shocker&pagenumber=2

Mider
someone prove that vulcan cant manipulate thanos energy please

King KAM
someone prove that vulcan cant manipulate thanos energy please someone prove that he can....

idiot

the Darkone
Thanos can manipulate all forms of energy at a higher degree than Vulcan also Thanos has proven nobody can attack his mind, even Moondragon w/ the mind gem couldn't even phase Thanos, Thanos has shown he can blow a planet with his powers, plus stated by Odin himself says that Thanos can tap into limitless amount of energy like himself. Thanos will make Vulcan his lap dog, end of story. Mider = Forrest Gump, stupid is as stupid does.

Marvel Boy
vulcan will just adapt to the situation. How can you kill someone whos power is counter everything thats throw at them

the Darkone
Thanos will encase him in pure pisonic energy force shield, and only one who broke it was Odin.

bitca730
^^^Hahaha...good point...

Marvel Boy
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos will encase him in pure pisonic energy force shield, and only one who broke it was Odin.

i'm sure he'd find a way around that situation

bitca730
...or not...

Marvel Boy
yeah, but no, but yeah, but no, but yeah.

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by King KAM
someone prove that he can....

idiot
you call others idiot but you sad that captain america can beat hercules

grey fox
you call others idiot but you sad that captain america can beat hercules

If given the correct writer he could.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Marvel Boy
i'm sure he'd find a way around that situation

uh no, Thanos entrape warrior madness thor w/ power gem. Vulcan will not beat Thanos even on his worse day, which will never happen, Thanos absorbs energy like a sponage like the silver surfer. He beat f**k out of him and he is more powerful than Vulcan.

King KAM
you call others idiot but you sad that captain america can beat hercules i said that captain america, was better than hercules in h2h, now can captain america beat a fully powered hercules??? SHIT NO....wait...i never even said that ....i said hercules would win.....

not only are you and idiot, but your also an illiterate...

and ugly

damn, the odds really arent in your favor in this life.....

the Darkone
Thanos =Daddy to Vulcan.

mrichardson45
Anyone have a link to Vulcan's BIO??

mrichardson45

This is what bugs me about VS boards.

Why do you need the writers to tell you the feats of the charcters first, before you can determine how great they are.

Can't you just go on there abilities and make a judgement on your own.
Pretend you are seeing these characters powers on paper for the first time. Let's say they didn't have any previous accomplishments.

Could you still make a agruement on who would win based on there ablities alone.

This is how I argue VS threads.
I can care less what there previous accomplishments are.
I like to pretend I am the writer, knowing only there ablities only.
Then I make a arugement on who would win in a VS thread.

On abilities alone. I think this Vulcan guy can easily hang with Thanos.

the Darkone
Originally posted by mrichardson45

Why do you need the writers to tell you the feats of the charcters first, before you can determine how great they are.

Pretend you are seeing these characters powers on paper for the first time. Let's say they didn't have any previous accomplishments.

Could you still make a agruement on who would win based on there ablities alone.

Easily hell no, Vulcan is a mutant as where Thanos is eternal/titan the most powerful next to his grandfather Chronus. Thanos can manipulate all forms of energy even cosmic as where vulcan can manipulate certain amount of energy. Thanos unleashed blast that was so powerful even the cosmic abstracts took notice, Thanos has feats above vulcan who hasn't have any, yet. Thanos is more like a notch below a skyfather or a sky-father, and Thanos has more raw power than vulcan can dream.

who?-kid

Good post. I also don't care that much what their previous accomplishments are. I take it into consideration of course, but nothing more.

King KAM

On abilities alone. I think this Vulcan guy can easily hang with Thanos. on paper, Thanos is still out of vulcans level.

I put it like this....Can vulcan hang with Thor??? NO, and thor cant hang with thanos. and this isnt ABC logic, im just using raw power comparisons.

Thanos is Class 100 strength.
Class 7/7 durable
class 7/7 speed.
class 7/7 energy projection
class 6/7 intelligence....

Mider
vulcan turns thanos brain off

who?-kid
Vulcan can (or could) control time. He can stop it. What's Thanos gonna do ?

And I don't even like Vulcan. Too boring.

hulk=strength
thanos is gay an can never lose so sayin he can is pointless

Big Sexy
Who could possibly argue this. Vulcan has less showings than Sentry.

General Kon-El
Even if Vulcan shuts down the electricity in Thanos's mind, Thanos has a mind barrier, you know. And also, if his powers does get shut down, Thanos still has his strength and durability. Which is enough to defeat Vulcan.

the Darkone
Vulcan can't do sh** to Thanos except being a pain in the ass to, and you know what Thanos do to those people who are a pain, he kills them or beats the living sh** out of them. Thanos 10/10.

Avalonofthewind
What feats has Vulcan pulled that can be considered in Thanos class?

King KAM
vulcan turns thanos brain off thanos turns vulcan into stone

King KAM
Originally posted by who?-kid

And I don't even like Vulcan. Too boring. if thanos can phase through dimensions, why shouldnt he be able to break out of that??? and even if vulcan freezes time what would he do to thanos??? nothing that could hurt him.

manjaro
i know we're all supposed to grease up and ease down slowly on thanos's memeber but vulcan is no pushover.

1. he can copy thanos powers
2. i dont care what you say if you have a brain, you have a nervous system, if you have a nervous system it requires electrical impulses...thanos may be super durable and immortal, but he still has humanoid functions, so his brain can be shut down. he only has a mind barrier for telepathy, as he is an accompished telepath in his own right
3. vulcan can manipulate energy to a very high degree...both from his own production and redircting others blasts..but until vulcan copy's a mutant with a super healing factor, , or invulnerabilty i'll still give it to thanos, but we dont have to dick ride him so much...he isnt uttlery invincible

Milkie
I WANNA KILL SOMEBODY!!!

juggernaut66666
Originally posted by manjaro
i know we're all supposed to grease up and ease down slowly on thanos's memeber but vulcan is no pushover.

2. i dont care what you say if you have a brain, you have a nervous system, if you have a nervous system it requires electrical impulses...thanos may be super durable and immortal, but he still has humanoid functions, so his brain can be shut down. he only has a mind barrier for telepathy, as he is an accompished telepath in his own right
3. vulcan can manipulate energy to a very high degree...both from his own production and redircting others blasts..but until vulcan copy's a mutant with a super healing factor, , or invulnerabilty i'll still give it to thanos, but we dont have to dick ride him so much...he isnt uttlery invincible
he does not need healing factor he has super adaptive phisiology that means if you try t burn him he will become fireproof or if you try to brake his bones it will become flexible or unbreakable he can change his body for example can change his skin to diamnd hard or sharp or into any form he can change it into pure energy for example

manjaro
so in that case all he has to do is let thanos wail on him for a spell so his body can develop counter measuresbig grin

TheKahn
Originally posted by who?-kid

And I don't even like Vulcan. Too boring.

it's in here somewhere:

manjaro
if all else fail, let thanos wail

King KAM

3. vulcan can manipulate energy to a very high degree...both from his own production and redircting others blasts..but until vulcan copy's a mutant with a super healing factor, , or invulnerabilty i'll still give it to thanos, but we dont have to dick ride him so much...he isnt uttlery invincible als technically a black hole shouldve killed thanos right??? but he took that just fine.

Rols
Since when can Vulcan copy someones powers? He managed to acquire the mutant ability of his other team because of Krakoa when he was barried in it. He doesnt have the ability to time travel, he can slow it but not go back in it? He does not have telepathic or tK powers, he needed Rachel to get to Prof. X mind to show to the X-men what happened during the fight on the island. Id put him probably even with Jack of hearts or little above it in terms of powerlevel but he cant take on Thanos by himself hes not that powerfull. just my 2 cents.

Also he does not have the ability to adapt anymore, the adaptive guy survive and left his body he was the one who kept him alive.

manjaro
ummm what do you think "enormous energy-manipulation and psionic powers" mean ...especially "psionic"?

Rols
Then why didnt he do it in the Genesis saga? All he did was manipulate energy.

Where did it say psionic powers.

TheKahn
ummm what do you think "enormous energy-manipulation and psionic powers" mean ...especially "psionic"?

about the same thing as "the power of a million exploding suns." In other words it will only mean whatever the writers want it to mean. Until Vulcan displays a level of power significantly above the Surfer (who apparently can now create black holes when he gets really pissed off) then I don't see him lasting 5 seconds against Thanos.

manjaro
thats actually quite a good responsebig grin touche my friend....touche to Rols. pscionic power means anything that involves manipulating things with your mind. so it doesnt have to be"stated"

the Darkone
Thanos makes vulcan his b***h.

darthgoober
What the f**k?

Evil_Ash
The hell?

Was everybody clueless noobs back in 2006?

Vulcan...beating Thanos?

What the f**k?

Aster Phoenix
bump

Bouboumaster
Thanos spank him

Endrict Nuul
Thanos stomps....

AlmightyKfish
Thanos destroys Vulcan.

Lord S
Thanos bitchslaps.

Nihilist
this aint even a fight,thanos stomps

tdazz
Wow those guys in '06 were seriously overestimating Vulcan's powers.

Nihilist
Originally posted by tdazz
Wow those guys in '06 were seriously overestimating Vulcan's powers.

when vulcan started out he looked promising and never delivered,hopefully kingbreaker/war of kings will portray him better.

WhiteWitchKing
So Vulcan's in this fight to get his head punched in by Thanos, right? Looks like so.

tdazz
Originally posted by Nihilist
when vulcan started out he looked promising and never delivered,hopefully kingbreaker/war of kings will portray him better.

Even in Deadly Genisis he didn't do anything to put him even close to Thanos' league.

Lord S
Originally posted by tdazz
Wow those guys in '06 were seriously overestimating Vulcan's powers. This must have been after Deadly Genesis and before Rise and Fall o/the Shi'ar Empire...as in the latter story it was apparent that Vulcan was nowhere near Thanos level. Gladiator was able to KO him with ease.

Still...he's an interesting character with a lot of potential. I'm sure War of the Kings will be great. It'd be interesting to see him square off against the 'new' Adam Warlock.

tdazz
Originally posted by Lord S
This must have been after Deadly Genesis and before Rise and Fall o/the Shi'ar Empire...as in the latter story it was apparent that Vulcan was nowhere near Thanos level. Gladiator was able to KO him with ease.

Still...he's an interesting character with a lot of potential. I'm sure War of the Kings will be great. It'd be interesting to see him square off against the 'new' Adam Warlock.

Yes he is and that would be an interesting fight although I haven't seen Vulcan manipulate mystical energies, so it would be interesting to if he could.

the Darkone
bump

Peterlane
Reported for Bait. Thanos wins

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Peterlane
Reported for Bait. Thanos wins

BAIT??? This damned thread's been up since 2006? Thread starter must be Nostradamus. O_o

Peterlane
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
BAIT??? This damned thread's been up since 2006? Thread starter must be Nostradamus. O_o

He bumbed a DEAD thread just to bait me.

D_Dude1210
He bumbed a DEAD thread just to bait me.

You sure? Maybe he just wanted to get fresh new ideas into the thread.... eek!

The world doesn't revolve around you, y'knw.

Peterlane
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
You sure? Maybe he just wanted to get fresh new ideas into the thread.... eek!

The world doesn't revolve around you, y'knw.

I'm sure, he's been doing it for all the Sentry and Vulcan threads. smile

Creshosk
He bumbed a DEAD thread just to bait me. Bumping old threads is how things are done around here. You're supposed to bump old threads rather than start new ones.

Peterlane
Originally posted by Creshosk
Bumping old threads is how things are done around here. You're supposed to bump old threads rather than start new ones.

To bait someone? Anyway it didn't work Thanos wins

Creshosk
To bait someone? Anyway it didn't work Thanos wins No. If they want to heart current thoughts on a fight between two people they bump a thread. Or at least they're supposed to.

Most people just say they made a search and then post a new thread, which usually gets closed when the old thread is linked by someone who actually searched for it.

Peterlane
No. If they want to heart current thoughts on a fight between two people they bump a thread. Or at least they're supposed to.

Most people just say they made a search and then post a new thread, which usually gets closed when the old thread is linked by someone who actually searched for it.

Who in their right mind would think the status-quo on Vulcan vs Thanos would change? Thanos breaks his face.

Badabing
Originally posted by the Darkone
bump Originally posted by Peterlane
Reported for Bait. Thanos wins dur

Creshosk
Who in their right mind would think the status-quo on Vulcan vs Thanos would change? Thanos breaks his face. When did you join this site?

Have your opinions around here been seen before you joined? I imagine not. and there might be others that have joined since the last post in the thread before it was bumped. perhaps someone figured out a strategy to go against the status quo.

It's always possible that new blood in the forums such as yourself, might have new insight that was not seen before..

Peterlane
When did you join this site?

Have your opinions around here been seen before you joined? I imagine not. and there might be others that have joined since the last post in the thread before it was bumped. perhaps someone figured out a strategy to go against the status quo.

It's always possible that new blood in the forums such as yourself, might have new insight that was not seen before..

But as I have seen on these forums going against the status-quo ends you the label of troll. But w/e Thanos wins 10/10 unless Vulcan survives then its 5/10

Creshosk
But as I have seen on these forums going against the status-quo ends you the label of troll. Only if you engage in troll like behavior. Such as ignoring evidence that's been posted, be it in the form of a citation or a scan. or demanding evidence andd not providing any of your own.

That's just an example of what trolling can entail. If you have legitimate reasoning and can provide the evidence to support your claims, you can go against the status-quo... During a breif time when these forums were open to more characters being involved I proved that Harry Potter could beat Captain America under default settings in a match.

Not a very popular position, let me tell you, but it was accepted because I had a viable tactic and could provide the evidence to support such claims. Plus starting .5 km apart also helped.

Bouboumaster
Thanos one-shot him.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>