Freedon Nadd & Darth Malak vs. Yoda & NJO Luke

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Force battle only. Who wins?

Lightsnake
Nadd dies. He dies hard

tdtd
I'd give it to NJO Luke alone more often than not, adding Yoda is an overkill.

BLAK FOX
NJO Luke would easily defeat him alone. Same with Yoda.

Lightsnake
There's no more often than not, Nadd is woefully outclassed

tdtd
How is he woefully outclassed? Nadd is among the best of the best, even as a spirit. He would curbstomp Yoda into little pieces, luckily Luke is there.

Razielim
Nadd is... cant find a word to describe the outcome.

Darth Kal-El
Ok how about adding Malak to the Nadd's team?

BLAK FOX
Originally posted by tdtd
Nadd is among the best of the best.

And Luke or Yoda aren't.

tdtd
Still. Yoda>Malak

And no, Yoda is nowhere near the level of Nadd.

BLAK FOX
Malak without the star forge never really impressed me too much. Luke and Yoda still easily win.

Lightsnake
...what the hell? Curbstomp Yoda? When was Nadd one of the 'best of the best?' Let me sum up his entire fall:
Masters: You gotta fail once
Nadd: But I'm so cool and brave'n strong and I want to be a Jedi! *Kills Matta Tremayne in a mishap* AAAAH! Gotta run away!
Naga Sadow: *Cough cough* I'm awake...and real old...my hip...it hurts...
Nadd: teach me!
Naga: Ok *Later* Actually, no. no, not gonna give you the real good stuff
Nadd: What?! I haaaaaate yoooou!
Naga:...why do I keep making mistakes with young, whiny humans? *dies*
Nadd: haha, Onderon! *Does force powers*
Primitive natives: Oh, thank you for your help, great on!
Nadd: Heh heh.
Primitive Native group 2: Boooo, we hate you! *Years later*
Nadd: *Killed in uprising* This sucks!

Nadd is outclassed by Yoda completely, Yoda described as the 'strongest foe the darkness had ever known'...and that outclasses Nadd who is nothing compared to what else the darkness can offer

tdtd
Since when is Nadd one of the best? Since being an ancient Sith Lord/Dark Jedi, since learning from Naga Sadow, since driving Kun completely down the dark side, since force pushing Vodo as a spirit.. Yes, he is right behind the ancient sith.

BLAK FOX
Force pushing Vodo as a spirit?

Lightsnake
...Naga refused to teach him the real secrets, and driving Kun down the dark side? why does that mean ANYTHING? He lashed out at Vodo on KORRIBAN, too...seriously, man...try again.

tdtd
Uh Naga refused to teach him everything.. Driving Kun down the dark side means everything. He lashed out at Vodo as a spirit. You're an idiot lightsnake.

Lightsnake
Yes, I've read it. It's where my info comes from

tdtd
Obviously not, read it again.

Lightsnake
*Reads* Nothing about force pushing Vodo...just the once instance when Nadd lashes out at him on Korriban...yeah, nothing else Nadd ever does to show he's powerful

tdtd
Youre right, because all spirits have been able to do something to living users.. Oh wait, just the ancient sith, Kun, and Nadd. And he lashes out at VODO as a spirit, what do you not understand here? That's a testament to his power.

Lightsnake
You missed Palpatine on that list...Ajunta Pall too, who was a human. And yes, Vodo, that's great...that's not the same as defeating Vodo in a straight up battle...Nadd was also killed by an uprising of natives, apparently...and once again, canon calls Yoda the strongest enemy the darkness has ever known. Yoda butchers Nadd

tdtd
Why don't we bring up people we KNOW about Lightsnake. We know nothing of Pall except that he was an ancient sith which would put him up on the list, but besides that fact we know nothing, so I would put him in the unknown category with Tulak Hord. I'm glad that's what "canon" calls that, except the SW has nothing to do with EU, and since GL has never stated that EU contradicts SW, then everybody goes by everything combined, in which Yoda is no match for an ancient dark Jedi/Sith Lord. And show me where another spirit did damage to a powerful force user.

BLAK FOX
What exactly did Nadd do to Vodo? SWcomics is not working at the moment.

Lightsnake
Kun. Palpatine. Pall was capable of fighting and killing intruders in his tomb...

tdtd
Palpatine did what as a spirit? Thanks for brining up Kun and proving my point. Only really powerful beings such as Kun and Nadd could inflict damage on the living as spirits. I wouldn't consider Pall's abilities in KOTOR really canon

Lightsnake
Palp sucked a world dry to feed his spirit on Byss. And slammed Luke around a room...and healed Jeng Droga.

And you fail to 'get it': Nadd was on Korriban, center of dark side power of the galaxy

tdtd
Ah the excuses. "OH well Nadd was blah blah blah". Yes, I really believe BECAUSE he was on Korriban he was able to push a powerful living force user. Where was Kun, oh wait on Yavin IV? You have no point, and DE Sidious was destroyed by a weak DE Luke, enough said.

Lightsnake
he didn't PUSH him, he lashed out with the dark side.

And DE calls Luke 'incredibly powerful' in the narraration. Ok then...and destroyed by Luke? Umm...no, he isn't. And Yavin 4 was a massive site of force energy and the dark side according to the trilogy

tdtd
What's your point here? DE Luke can call whoever he want powerful, what are you trying to prove? Nadd is above Sidious, above Yoda, and above all of the regular Star Wars character. I would put him on par or maybe a little below Kun, if even that.

Lightsnake
Well, that's because you don't know much about SW...DE calls Luke powerful, end of story.

tdtd
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Well, that's because you don't know much about SW...DE calls Luke powerful, end of story.

I don't know much about SW? LOL... Lightsnake, I'd say you know the very least on this forum when it pertains to anything but the movies.. That's why you bring up useless posts like "DE calls Luke powerful". You can verbally fellate Sidious and the DE series later, Sidious isn't even in this thread.

Lightsnake
You brought him up....and refuting your idiot assertion that DE Luke was weak is useless?

Ok, let's measure this:
DE Sidious's spirit drains a world on life....Nadd's turn. Pushes a force user. Ok, Sidious does that too...on Luke, described as 'incredibly powerful' by the narraration itself.

Yoda is described as, survery says: "The strongest foe the darkness had ever known."

tdtd
And again, EU is created to go around SW. And let me see where it says it was Sidious' spirit that drained the whole life, not DE Sidious himself. Either way, Nadd was quite powerful, as he was solely responsible for bringing back the DLOTS in Kun. Oh yea, Sidious never did anything to a force user as a spirit, so draining the lives of the whole planet is very impressive, but not too impressive.

Lightsnake
As a spirit, Sidious healed Jeng Droga and Luke Skywalker...and chucked Luke around a room....and draining a planet of all life isn't 'too impressive', but force pushing a jedi master is? Riiiiight...
And...last time I checked, DE Sidious and Sidious's spirit in DE are kinda the same person...

tdtd
DE Sidious and hs spirit are the same? OH yea, except for the fact that one is alive and one is... Well, a spirit.

Janus Marius
Nadd could likely waste Yoda in a force fight, and given he's in his human form, he'd be MORE powerful than he would be as a spirit. (Note that Nadd himself confirms that he's weaker as a spirit. Hence why he wanted a new body.) Malak might be little more than fodder, but Nadd would probably own Luke.

tdtd
Not NJO Luke I don't think. NJO/DN is a formidable opponent for the most powerful sith..

Lightsnake
Janus, that's some strange reasoning...Nadd got killed in an Onderonian uprising. How could he possibly take Yoda, described as up to ROTS the strongest foe the Darkness had ever had? And own Luke? By NJO? Seriously...

tdtd
He could he take Yoda? He was pretty much an Ancient Sith Lord with Ancient Sith Knowledge. That alone puts him way beyond Yoda, not to mention his Sadow teachings and Sadow Amulet.

Lightsnake
What part of "Strongest foe the Darkness had ever known." Is so hard for you to grasp?

And for the final time, Nadd's training was cut rather short

tdtd
What part of "That statement was made with no regard to EU" do you not understand? Yoda would be no match for any of the ancient sith, no matter what your brain tells you to believe.

Lightsnake
It was written IN the EU. It takes full precedence over other EU sources, especiall since none of them say "The Ancient Sith would defeat Yoda."

Janus Marius
Janus, that's some strange reasoning...Nadd got killed in an Onderonian uprising. How could he possibly take Yoda, described as up to ROTS the strongest foe the Darkness had ever had? And own Luke? By NJO? Seriously...

For one, obscene hyperbole doesn't make Yoda better than any other jedi. I certainly didn't see Yoda defeating Dooku or Sidious with his uber badassness. If he's the best the light side has to offer (Which I strongly disagree with), then the jedi ****ing suck.

Two, NJO Luke loses because he doesn't impress me.

Oh wait, where have I heard that lame ass reason before? Let me guess...

tdtd
LOL... Damn lightsnake, if youre going to tell us that Yoda could stand up to the ancient sith, I'm going to tell you to go back to another year of exile from these forums.

Lightsnake
Way to take my comments totally out of context. I see Dooku running away from Yoda though after realizing, to quote "He was not the strongest after all."

And obscene hyperbole? Strongest foe the darkness had ever known is clear cut as they come. Nadd, a half-trained Sith killed in an uprising beats two accomplished Jedi masters, both of whom have clearly shown themselves to possess great power?

hey, Td, out of curiosity...care to argue with the novelization? "Strongest foe." Hm...well, I don't see you proviidng anything to back things up minus your idiot ranting. Citations? ANYTHING?

tdtd
Yes, because the novelization is absolute canon.. Oh wait..

Motoko Sama
One thing, tdtd.

It was in the novelization of the movie. You realize that anything stated in the novelizations, as long as it doesn't contradict the movie, is considered canon right? Therefore the "strongest foe the darkness had known" is true, and nothing in the EU says otherwise either. I don't really think he'd be the strongest (and I'm guessing it was only referring up to his life), but if the novelization states it, it is canon.

Though, Janus does make a good point lol.

Lightsnake
More canon than the comics. At most, it's g-level, just below the films. Film adaptations, where they don't contradict, tend to come quite high on the EU hierarchy...and going by any means:
C-canon, precedence level, Movie relation-wise, Newer sources rule...

tdtd
And if the movies and EU don't contradict, theres nothing that makes the movie more canon then. That's like saying Yoda>NJO/DN Luke.. Let's be serious here, there are plenty of characters that are above Yoda. Lightsnake face it.

Lightsnake
......Nothing...that makes...the movies...more canon?

Dude....dude...movies take first and utter precedence. Do a single search on SW canon

Janus Marius
Way to take my comments totally out of context. I see Dooku running away from Yoda though after realizing, to quote "He was not the strongest after all."

Dooku put up a pretty damn good fight, considering he's a fraction of Yoda's age and experience, and ideally a 900 year old jedi should be able to FUBAR everything. But Yoda can't. And Yoda didn't make inanimate objects resistant against lightsabers, cut off people from the force, create walls of light or any of that, even though he had every reason to do so. Hence, Yoda is not that uber in comparison with people like Vodo and Odan-Urr.

Where's this quote from? Dan Wallace's opinion? Didn't you get burned for buying into NEC hyperbole already?

Correction: Nadd, who was immensely powerful in the force (Enough to taint the planet for hundreds of years, instakill King Ommin, hell, his tomb in KotOR was riddled with darkside power...) and Malak, who regularly pwns jedi with his impressive force stasis ability and force lightning, not to mention top notch saber skills in his own era, put up a tremendous fight and I say- kill Yoda and put NJO Luke out of the fight.

Crystal clear now?

tdtd
Amen

Motoko Sama
It was referring to the most powerful opposition of that point, not everyone that wasn't even around yet, or at the least, wasn't fully trained.

tdtd
Yes I understand that, lightsnake doesn't.

Lightsnake
Yoda is stated to be the storngest enemy the darkness had ever known, as well as having mastered all of the greatest and mightiest techniques of the Jedi. He's above Vodo. That's from the movie novelization and several other sources. Not the NEC at ALL. And Dooku';s damn good fight doesn't matter. He realized he was the weaker, he ran. Novelization substantiates it....oh, and a random Jedi in JvS makes a staff resistant to a lightsaber.

Instakill King Ommin? The boneless, dying blob on the floor?

Yes, crystal clear...you're either being intentionally facetious or you've lost the right to call anyone else a fanboy again.

Nadd dies instantly. Either one of these guys kill him on their own. Crystal Clear?

tdtd
Nadd dies instantly? Lightsnake I can see why you left this forum for a whole year or whatever it was, you are completely out of grip with reality, even if it is a Star Wars reality.

Lightsnake
Stop riding Janus's back and just try to back up your opinions.

tdtd
I don't have to, Janus is doing the better work, I can agree with him because he's right, not to mention I already backed up my arguments conclusively a few posts earlier. Just because you tend to ignore the obvious, doesn't mean I don't back myself up. I'm assuming you've been on this forum the entire day, so I'll be back late tonight to destroy the rest of your half assed arguments.

Lightsnake
From the guy who says movies don't override EU, you have no right to talk about bad arguments

tdtd
Sure thing fanboy, I've had fun, I'll be back later, I hope youre in tune with reality then, otherwise the logical people on this forum will tear you to shreds.

Janus Marius
Yoda is stated to be the storngest enemy the darkness had ever known, as well as having mastered all of the greatest and mightiest techniques of the Jedi.

Reference for this? www.supershadow.com/lightsnakesez.htm?

No, he's not. Not even close.

Movie novelistion isn't the best source to go with. It's essentially Stover's take on a character he didn't create. Also, it doesn't make any sense in light of the evidence. But you're Lightsnake; defender of the hyperbolic claim.

What other sources? Specifically?

O rly? This would be a first.

You miss the point- Yoda is supposively according to you the best jedi of all time, yet he can't whack Dooku, his own apprentice, inside of a minute. Sucks to be him.

Prove this. Show the scan. www.swcomics.com. Go find it for us.

Yes, the same guy who held a jedi master captive with relative ease. Nadd's puppet.

I've never been a fanboy, Lightsnake, but you have been. You fit into every possible Fanboy Commandment, and then some. You're the guy who argues "X loses because he didn't impress me".

Yes, your ignorance is. Congrats.

BLAK FOX
lol, there are actually fanboy commandements.

Lightsnake
Oh, give me a break! Your arugment is it isn't valid because it's 'the author's take?' Welcome to the writing world! It's still the novelization, it's in the EU and uncontradicted. So...Ackbar isn't a great tactician because? Guess what, Janus, the source is canon in the EU, you are not.
And isn't SWcomics down? And Torr Snappit, fought with a staff, later substantiated in the Tales of the Jedi. Power of the Jedi also backs Yoda, up, as does Courtship of PRincess Leia, The Visual Dictionary, Insider..

And gee, Dooku is only Yoda's former padawan, practically his SON and Yoda is aiming not to kill him. Dooku runs and realizes Yoda's the far better. Not up for debate who the stronger is.

You're claiming Freedon Nadd, in light of all evidence can stand against two of the strongest Jedi who've ever lived. Like I said, you're either being facetious or...

True or False: Ommin was a powerless blob on the floor after Ulic demolished his life support?

Oh, please, I mentioned that 'didn't impress me bit' unconnected to my main argument when we were discussing the thing.

And yeah, fanboy commandments. That's great. Never minding how I could easily apply the reverse to you here...what's your argument, 'his dark side presence' lingered on? Couldn't have ANYTHING to do with him stashing a shipload of Naga's Sith items on Onderan? Once more, this is the guy killed in a native uprising. Come on, what are these excellent fanboy commandments? 'Argues because he believes so and so is better?' Yep, to you that seems to be it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.