Rune King Thor runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
RKT has two hours of rest between each battle. Where does he stop?

1) Fully confident Gladiator
2) Demi-god Hercules and Zeus in Olympus
3) Mephisto & Blackheart in M's realm
4) Warrior Madness Thor & Red Norvell Thor
5) Pre-Crisis Superman & WW
6) Fully powered Galactus
7) Spectre

tiakocom
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El

7) Spectre

I'm lookin at no2 and wonder if he can pass them, if he can then for sure 3 is his magic number

JohnR
I think RKT would have a tough time getting past Zeus, but if he does, he probably makes it to 6 and either loses to Galactus or at best stalemates him. I don't think RKT can beat a fully-powered Galactus.

outarddwarf
he definetly aint beating precrisis supes. that one would just develop on the spot a power to capture rune king thor.

Darth_Erebus
He makes it to Galactus and then dies.

tiakocom
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
He makes it to Galactus and then dies.

thats being nice galactus gonna first spank him and ask him whos's your daddy before he kills him cool

aliveinboston

7) Spectre

Given that Odin is atleast as or more powerful than any of the guys here and RKT is more powerful than Odin it's pretty silly to make this list.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by aliveinboston
Given that Odin is atleast as or more powerful than any of the guys here and RKT is more powerful than Odin it's pretty silly to make this list.

Odin is not more powerful than Galactus, far from it, even at normal power G's above any Sky Father. The thread starter said full power and that puts him above The Celestials.

Darksaint
Why is Pre-Crisis Superman ranked at 5th? He is way more powerful than both fully powered Galactus and Spectre.........since he is after all Presence.Ver.2.0.

note: Post-crisis is Presence.Ver.2.5.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Darksaint
Why is Pre-Crisis Superman ranked at 5th? He is way more powerful than both fully powered Galactus and Spectre.........since he is after all Presence.Ver.2.0.

note: Post-crisis is Presence.Ver.2.5.

Hey, and I'm Bill gates laughing out loud laughing rolling on floor laughing smokin'

Tassadar
Odins nothing to fully powered Galactus or Spectre with divine backing, and I doubt RKT could beat Meph and Blackheart in hell, considering they would have an army of demons backing them up
Or PC Supes, who is invincible and can have any power he wants, no matter how ridiculous or unfair it might be....
But thats just my opinion....

JohnR
Silver Surfer and regular Thor have done well against Mephisto in his own realm before. Amping Thor's power to Odin's level should give him an easy win.

batdude123

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing Thanks, I needed that laugh! eek!

Adam Warlock
Originally posted by JohnR
Silver Surfer and regular Thor have done well against Mephisto in his own realm before. Amping Thor's power to Odin's level should give him an easy win.

Your right.

But RKT surpassed Odin's power in the Ragnarok Saga. He did what his father failed to do for a millennium.

RKT makes it to Galactus. Then dies at the hands of the mighty Astro God.

PC Supes = Total ass rapage when going against Magic. Supes vulnerabilities to magic and kryptonite seemed to be greater back during the Pre-Crisis Era. Ask Skeletor. He pwned PC Supes.

Odin = Zeus < RKT < Galactus < Spectre

Odin is not more powerful than his RKT son, Galactus, or Spectre.

badabing
This is a tough gauntlet even for RKT.

aliveinboston
Odin is not more powerful than Galactus, far from it, even at normal power G's above any Sky Father. The thread starter said full power and that puts him above The Celestials.

Above the Celestials? Youre kidding right? In case you didnt know, Galactus has already had a go at Odin himself and failed. Odin can fundamentally alter reality. Galactus has not shown too many abilities beyond shooting and punching.

spideycarnage
Above the Celestials? Youre kidding right? In case you didnt know, Galactus has already had a go at Odin himself and failed. Odin can fundamentally alter reality. Galactus has not shown too many abilities beyond shooting and punching.

galactus is aboce odin, it was probally a less than half powered galactus.
and a full powered Big G is above any celestial.

Mider
1) Fully confident Gladiator- hope glads cries
2) Demi-god Hercules and Zeus in Olympus-demi god hercules is that immortal herc you mean this would be kinda tough though since its a skyfather and a half or what?
3) Mephisto & Blackheart in M's realm-Mephesto is equal to galactus in his realm add blackheart Thor would die
4) Warrior Madness Thor & Red Norvell Thor-dont even know who red thor is but ill guess they die?
5) Pre-Crisis Superman & WW-lol dont they have weakness to magic?
6) Fully powered Galactus-no chance what so ever of beating galactus
7) Spectre-even less of a chance then no chance at all.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by spideycarnage
galactus is aboce odin, it was probally a less than half powered galactus.
and a full powered Big G is above any celestial.

Rubbish. Odin's feats are far beyond anything Galactus has done. The only reason why I even bother speaking of them as equals in this discussion is because of the dramatic depowering and undiginification of the Gods in the 80's and 90's.

Unlike in the older days, even Thor was often portrayed as an arrogant and impotent ass as Marvel started pandering to the "rage" audience who worship one-dimensional characters like wolverine and hulk. This reached it's lowest point (or peaked, depending on your perspective) in a series of hulk vs wolverine battles.

Mider
i never saw odin eat the entire celestial race like galactus did in FF 337-340, or even one celestial for that matter galactus even ate the dreaming celestial. Odin is below galactus he's just an earth god he's a nobody compared to the cosmics.

Mordum
RKT gets murdered at 3 no question. Mephisto and blackheart in their own realm is plain overkill.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Mider
i never saw odin eat the entire celestial race like galactus did in FF 337-340, or even one celestial for that matter galactus even ate the dreaming celestial. Odin is below galactus he's just an earth god he's a nobody compared to the cosmics.

Galactus never ate a single Celestial, his machine did and then fed it to Galactus. Very different. Galactus without his machines has a tough enough time with the Fantastic Four, let alone Celestials.

I'm not sure you ever actually read FF 337-440 as the things you say seem to ignore some basic facts.

aliveinboston

7) Spectre

It should also be noted that the order of this list is about as random as one can get. Apart from having Gladiator (superman) at the very top, who's very inclusion is a joke in and of itself, everything else is wrong.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Mordum
RKT gets murdered at 3 no question. Mephisto and blackheart in their own realm is plain overkill.

Seems some people here get their info from Wikipedia.

Xplosive
Seems some people here get their info from Wikipedia.

It's you who are saying that RKT is beyond Fully powered Galactus and Spectre. I mean, what are you thinking.

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Tassadar
Odins nothing to fully powered Galactus or Spectre with divine backing, and I doubt RKT could beat Meph and Blackheart in hell, considering they would have an army of demons backing them up
Or PC Supes, who is invincible and can have any power he wants, no matter how ridiculous or unfair it might be....
But thats just my opinion....

PC Supes was extremely vulnerable to magic, something both RKT and Odin have in abundance.

Darth_Erebus

Galactus's power level varies greatly. Any time he's up against the likes of Odin he's always hungry and weak. He's been shown at normal power a few times over the years enough to know he's far above any Skyfather. A full powered Galactus has never been seen in comics and The Watcher, arguably the most intelligent being in comics, has stated a full powered G would be capable of destroying the universe. That most definitly puts him above even The Celestials.

Tassadar
PC Supes was extremely vulnerable to magic, something both RKT and Odin have in abundance.

I know, I just like hating on PC Superman, RKT clears PC supes and WW easy

GodofThunder
He makes it to Galactus then prob get eaten whole.....even thou he had a weaker Galactus runnin when Thor had less power could be good both on ther top game

juggernaut66666
stops at 6

GodofThunder
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
stops at 6

agreed thumb up

Mordum
Stops at 3 cmon people he nots that strong.

GodofThunder
Stops at 3 cmon people he nots that strong.

wat u smoke wink go read a comic reading put your head down sleep face reality doh then come back and type something that makes sense lamo

Mordum
well well well if it isnt the thor fanboy. Anything you say from this point will mean nothing.

juggernaut66666
well well well if it isnt the thor fanboy. Anything you say from this point will mean nothing.
are you mad how could he stp at 3? he is above odin

GodofThunder

wat r u thinking ......sigh....obviuosly not much i would make an effort to prove my point but umm most of the people here have seen me debate..... I have to prove nuthin because all of the smarter people are on the same page but i would like to see how he is going to stop at 3 please......... enlighten me and if your debate is remotely good then ill post my debate and shut u up wink Happy Dance

doomsday49
It should also be noted that the order of this list is about as random as one can get. Apart from having Gladiator (superman) at the very top, who's very inclusion is a joke in and of itself, everything else is wrong.

agree. Was the order suppose to be from weakest #1 to strongest #8. If it is then the order is wrong.

doomsday49
rkt will most likely get past 1, 5 and possibly 2.

GODSCRIBE
No way he's getting passed 3.

GODSCRIBE

what he said.

Psyquis52
Stops at 3.

Mordum
Mehpisto is his own realm was able to stalemate Galactus so when you throw his son blackheart its just an easy kill for the duo.

spetznaz
The order is kind of off ......Mr Meph and Mr Heart should not be at number 3 ....they should be at number 5 or 6 (I'd actually put them after Galactus ....as long as they are in their own dimension).
I agree with Glad being number one, and with the Spectre being at the top of the totem pole.

Anyways, RKT would find Meph and Heart, Galactus, and the Spectre to be VERY bad medicine .....the fatal kind.
The other characters (including PC Superman with his pull-a-power trick), would fall.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Xplosive
It's you who are saying that RKT is beyond Fully powered Galactus and Spectre. I mean, what are you thinking.

What I am thinking is that the answer to the question posed by the thread is to be determined by 2 things:

1) Actually published marvel comics (not the silly fantasies of fanboys)
2) Actual highest feats and showings in those comics without outside assistance

If we go purely by these then yes, Odin alone (as opposed to Thor with Odin Power who is even more powerful) is above Galactus.

Spectre in this thread is a bad joke.

It's obvious that some of the people here have never actually read marvel comics but spend a good deal of of their opinions from suspect sources like Wikipedia and other sites tainted by fanboys.

Adam Warlock
Crap how could I miss Mephisto and Blackheart. RKT should fall against them. Then again Surfer has put up and normal Thor have put up a good fight aganist Mephisto in his own realm. Warlock did also punk Mephisto in his realm. And a Warrior Madness Thor has punked Warlock twice... So... He could possibly beat both of them. The way he handled handled Mangog still sticks in my mind.

Written to potential, Mephisto and Blackheart should stop him. He gets stopped at 3. If not 3, then 6.

doomsday49
What I am thinking is that the answer to the question posed by the thread is to be determined by 2 things:

1) Actually published marvel comics (not the silly fantasies of fanboys)
2) Actual highest feats and showings in those comics without outside assistance

If we go purely by these then yes, Odin alone (as opposed to Thor with Odin Power who is even more powerful) is above Galactus.

Spectre in this thread is a bad joke.

It's obvious that some of the people here have never actually read marvel comics but spend a good deal of of their opinions from suspect sources like Wikipedia and other sites tainted by fanboys.

Right, because claiming thor and odin being above galactus is definately not a fanboy fantasy wink

Grimm22
1) Fully confident Gladiator- hope glads cries
2) Demi-god Hercules and Zeus in Olympus-demi god hercules is that immortal herc you mean this would be kinda tough though since its a skyfather and a half or what?
3) Mephisto & Blackheart in M's realm-Mephesto is equal to galactus in his realm add blackheart Thor would die
4) Warrior Madness Thor & Red Norvell Thor-dont even know who red thor is but ill guess they die?
5) Pre-Crisis Superman & WW-lol dont they have weakness to magic?
6) Fully powered Galactus-no chance what so ever of beating galactus
7) Spectre-even less of a chance then no chance at all.

Memhisto is that powerful?!? eek!

Hmm, well that means my theory that Franklin Richards could have beaten Galactus may be true? Yes this is completly unrelated

aliveinboston
Originally posted by doomsday49
Right, because claiming thor and odin being above galactus is definately not a fanboy fantasy wink

Well since you want to go there, why dont you make a list of greatest feats for Galactus and Odin? Afterall, if I'm just a fanboy then the list of greatest feats would make it obvious right?

ps. This requires more than wikipedia or a google search of fanboy sites.

Mider
galactus using his machines to kill the celstials is an embarressment to them its like saying i could use my powers to eat you all but ill just use my machines, can he eat planets with out them yup does he not really but does that mean that the planets are stronger then him nope, and he did eat the dreaming celestial.

aliveinboston
galactus using his machines to kill the celstials is an embarressment to them its like saying i could use my powers to eat you all but ill just use my machines, can he eat planets with out them yup does he not really but does that mean that the planets are stronger then him nope, and he did eat the dreaming celestial.

Did you even read those comics?

Mordum
You mean the one where Franklin Richards becomes Galactus and kills the celestials invading earth?

aliveinboston
You mean the one where Franklin Richards becomes Galactus and kills the celestials invading earth?

Youre talking of Earth X, the non-continuity series where Franklin Richards, dressed up as Galactus, beats up on the Celestials during a not-even-what-if tangent that has no bearing on this discussion.

Mider
no i dont im sorry that im not like the rest of you who have a million freaking comics in my home

doomsday49
Well since you want to go there, why dont you make a list of greatest feats for Galactus and Odin? Afterall, if I'm just a fanboy then the list of greatest feats would make it obvious right?

ps. This requires more than wikipedia or a google search of fanboy sites.

laughing So you feel like i should go on the offense now. No need to negate you're swiss cheese logic and making you look bad. You've hurt yourself enough. wink

aliveinboston
laughing So you feel like i should go on the offense now. No need to negate you're swiss cheese logic and making you look bad. You've hurt yourself enough. wink

Swiss cheese logic? Thats kind of accusation is usually reserved for people who cannot come up with specific examples such as yourself.

You have yet to provide a single example of an unaided feat by Galactus that even approaches the top feats by odin (some which have already been discussed in these forums such as demonstrating the ability to significantly alter both time and space, destroying, then just as easily, restoring trillions of lives, etc...).

Seems you're not up to the challenge.

superbatman86
Swiss cheese logic? Thats kind of accusation is usually reserved for people who cannot come up with specific examples such as yourself.

You have yet to provide a single example of an unaided feat by Galactus that even approaches the top feats by odin (some which have already been discussed in these forums such as demonstrating the ability to significantly alter both time and space, destroying, then just as easily, restoring trillions of lives, etc...).

The complete destruction of galaxies IS COLLATERAL DAMAGE to a normal non full powered Galactus.

doomsday49

Wow, i can't believe this. You actually believe yourself in saying that odin is above galactus. After that, there is no challenge besides your brain.

1. Galactus is one of the primal force of nature. Without him, there would be great chaos. odin, even tho a god still oblige to the forces of nature; He still exist within the boundary of nature. It doesn't even matter what feat was presented. I can break someone's arm, does that mean you can't. Nope. You had no reasons to. If there was a movie of my life and it showed me lifting 80 pounds, does that mean you can't lift 100? nope. You never had to prove it. The important factor is that "circumstance" allow him to do it. So besides odin confine to the law of the universe, in which galactus is a vital force of, who said that galactus can't achieve these. Odin blast couldn't even phase the destroyer, and the destroyer was embarrassed by celestials. Celestial power are dwarfed by galactus; i'll let you do the math. Hulk fart and cough, but because you've never see me fart and cough, i guess that means i'm deprived of these life's joy too right. wink

2. LOL...feats in comics are like commercial rappers: it talks loud but doesn't say much. Case in point: Hulk can brace 6 billion pound, but was struggling under the feat of a t-rex and in the coil of a snake? lol...It is dangerous to use feat unless the characters are in the same league. As we all know, comic logic and normal logic doesn't work well together. So when we are discussing character vs characters in comic everything is a matter of theory. It all comes down to evaluation, theory and hypothesis. I'm sure the moderators acknowledge this that's why they rather the characters are discussed in their normal ability, or "natural" state. So let's discussed the "nature" of the character shall we?
Odin belong to an earthly god pantheon(albeit he is the head), galactus belong to a cosmic pantheon. They are just not on the same level.......are you still with me?.....The gap of their nature are too wide to use feat as an argument.

So don't let feats fool you. Galactus personify one of the primordial essence of the universe. Has he been humble by lesser beings? Yep. But the "True" nature of his character, as we are discussing now, is high in the cosmic scale, rendering his defeat "illogical". But since this is comic, you can use that argument against me if you like smile

I hate to type this much, but the fact that you feel odin is above galactus was too disturbing. So before your imagination head towards space, i feel perhaps i should ground you. wink

Mider
and at full power galactus can destroyer eternity as in the universe ten times over as stated by the watcher himself.

Tshern
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Crap how could I miss Mephisto and Blackheart. RKT should fall against them. Then again Surfer has put up and normal Thor have put up a good fight aganist Mephisto in his own realm. Warlock did also punk Mephisto in his realm. And a Warrior Madness Thor has punked Warlock twice... So... He could possibly beat both of them. The way he handled handled Mangog still sticks in my mind.

Written to potential, Mephisto and Blackheart should stop him. He gets stopped at 3. If not 3, then 6.

You speak the words of wisdom, Adam.

Mider
sufer beating mephesto in his own realm pure PIS mephesto stalemated galactus in his own realm only after galactus started eating the realm did he lose.

S.S
sufer beating mephesto in his own realm pure PIS mephesto stalemated galactus in his own realm only after galactus started eating the realm did he lose.
Not really Mephisto's trying to take Surfer's soul which he can't take by force.

Xplosive
1) Fully confident Gladiator - Not even a fight for RKT
2) Demi-god Hercules and Zeus in Olympus - It would be tough, and isn't Zeus equal to Odin, if so or even if not, there shouldn't be so much of a difference in power level between him and Odin and here is also Hercules, but I still think RKT should win
3) Mephisto & Blackheart in M's realm - Mephisto & Blackheart should win this
4) Warrior Madness Thor & Red Norvell Thor- RKT takes this
5) Pre-Crisis Superman & WW- RKT wins this
6) Fully powered Galactus - Well, here I am certain RKT can't do anything anymore
7) Spectre - The same as with Galactus

aliveinboston
Wow, i can't believe this. You actually believe yourself in saying that odin is above galactus. After that, there is no challenge besides your brain.

1. Galactus is one of the primal force of nature. Without him, there would be great chaos. odin, even tho a god still oblige to the forces of nature; He still exist within the boundary of nature. It doesn't even matter what feat was presented. I can break someone's arm, does that mean you can't. Nope. You had no reasons to. If there was a movie of my life and it showed me lifting 80 pounds, does that mean you can't lift 100? nope. You never had to prove it. The important factor is that "circumstance" allow him to do it. So besides odin confine to the law of the universe, in which galactus is a vital force of, who said that galactus can't achieve these. Odin blast couldn't even phase the destroyer, and the destroyer was embarrassed by celestials. Celestial power are dwarfed by galactus; i'll let you do the math. Hulk fart and cough, but because you've never see me fart and cough, i guess that means i'm deprived of these life's joy too right. wink

2. LOL...feats in comics are like commercial rappers: it talks loud but doesn't say much. Case in point: Hulk can brace 6 billion pound, but was struggling under the feat of a t-rex and in the coil of a snake? lol...It is dangerous to use feat unless the characters are in the same league. As we all know, comic logic and normal logic doesn't work well together. So when we are discussing character vs characters in comic everything is a matter of theory. It all comes down to evaluation, theory and hypothesis. I'm sure the moderators acknowledge this that's why they rather the characters are discussed in their normal ability, or "natural" state. So let's discussed the "nature" of the character shall we?
Odin belong to an earthly god pantheon(albeit he is the head), galactus belong to a cosmic pantheon. They are just not on the same level.......are you still with me?.....The gap of their nature are too wide to use feat as an argument.

So don't let feats fool you. Galactus personify one of the primordial essence of the universe. Has he been humble by lesser beings? Yep. But the "True" nature of his character, as we are discussing now, is high in the cosmic scale, rendering his defeat "illogical". But since this is comic, you can use that argument against me if you like smile

I hate to type this much, but the fact that you feel odin is above galactus was too disturbing. So before your imagination head towards space, i feel perhaps i should ground you. wink

What rubbish. Galactus can barely lift his own leg without his a machine helping him. He's like a cosmic invalid (no offense intended to invalids around the world) and not nearly in the same power class as eternity or infinity. There is no such thing as a "full powered" Galactus, only Galactus who has been spoon fed by his mechanical nanny.

You wax poetic about how Galactus can do this and do that and how he is a fundamental force of nature and blah blah blah but when has he actually done it? Answer ... NEVER! He's just a glorified garbage man (no offense intended to garbage men around the world) who found a VIP ticket in a cereal box he found somewhere.

So, adding it all up, he's a VIP ticket holding garbage man with a crutch and a robot nanny.

So, until you can come up with concrete examples to back up your fantasies it would be too generous to refer your statements as swiss cheese logic as that suggests that the holes in your logic are surrounded by something of substance when, in fact, all you have are holes (no offense intended). wink

Xplosive
What rubbish. Galactus can barely lift his own leg without his a machine helping him. He's like a cosmic invalid (no offense intended to invalids around the world) and not nearly in the same power class as eternity or infinity. There is no such thing as a "full powered" Galactus, only Galactus who has been spoon fed by his mechanical nanny.

You wax poetic about how Galactus can do this and do that and how he is a fundamental force of nature and blah blah blah but when has he actually done it? Answer ... NEVER! He's just a glorified garbage man (no offense intended to garbage men around the world) who found a VIP ticket in a cereal box he found somewhere.

So, adding it all up, he's a VIP ticket holding garbage man with a crutch and a robot nanny.

So, until you can come up with concrete examples to back up your fantasies it would be too generous to refer your statements as swiss cheese logic as that suggests that the holes in your logic are surrounded by something of substance when, in fact, all you have are holes (no offense intended). wink

Well, Fully powered Galactus supposedly should be on par with Eternity, Infinity...
I know we never seen a Fully powered Galactus, but this thread says Fully powered Galactus and we have to use that what he supposedly should be at that level, and that is level around of Eternity (as we could use it, since The Watcher said it), to who RKT is nothing.

The best feat for me of Galactus is when he fought mighty Tyrant, where they devastated galaxies.

aliveinboston
Originally posted by Xplosive
Well, Fully powered Galactus supposedly should be on par with Eternity, Infinity...
I know we never seen a Fully powered Galactus, but this thread says Fully powered Galactus and we have to use that what he supposedly should be at that level, and that is level around of Eternity (as we could use it, since The Watcher said it), to who RKT is nothing.

Galactus is nowhere near Eternity in terms of power. Not even close.

That's it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.