Superman IC Theories (Possible spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
I put this in the comic book forums cause more people visit here than the Superman forums so I hope the Mods leave it here.

Anyways does anybody have theories on how or why Supes lost his powers? After reading IC #7 when Supes flew through the red sun I believe that may have triggered his power loss.

Any thoughts?

Dayscribe
That and the K-nite. If he didn't permanently lose them, it's gonna be a while. He seemed pretty happy with the way things are now.

snoopdogg
Well he misses being a hero. This is obvious in the "Up, Up and Away" story arc in Superman and Action Comics.

Validus
Well he got his powers back in the latest Action though not yet at his old level.

But yeah, it was the Kryptonite and red sun. The planet fall probably didn't help either.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Validus
Well he got his powers back in the latest Action though not yet at his old level.

But yeah, it was the Kryptonite and red sun. The planet fall probably didn't help either. I didn't read #838 yet. I knew he was gonna get them back soon though.

Validus
Yeah, they sorta gave it away on the cover. stick out tongue

http://dccomics.com/media/covers/5072_400x600.jpg

willRules
Yeah, they sorta gave it away on the cover. stick out tongue

http://dccomics.com/media/covers/5072_400x600.jpg

That doesn't mean anything, my gran can do that stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by willRules
That doesn't mean anything, my gran can do that stick out tongue
Can she do this too?

http://img60.imageshack.us/img60/3629/scan00233ax.th.jpg

I hope she's never hit you before. laughing out loud

Juntai
I just think it's hilarious that Superman flew through a red sun, and stood in Kryptonite that effected only him, and still beat Superboy Prime. lol. He just reaches for that new level when he wants to.

Validus
If the trip in the sun left everyone more or less powerless, Kal-El would have to advantage over...Kal-El Prime. Typically a 30 year will beat an 18 year old in a fight. That's why 60+ year old Kal-L got owned by Prime.

S.S
Or it's just Supes Jobber aura........erm who's the artist on that book?

Juntai
If the trip in the sun left everyone more or less powerless, Kal-El would have to advantage over...Kal-El Prime. Typically a 30 year will beat an 18 year old in a fight. That's why 60+ year old Kal-L got owned by Prime. Kal El was also the first one back to his feet.
lol.

I see your point of view, I just think that Kal El was at the biggest diadvantage, given that he was surrounded by Kryptonite. Although Kryptonite doesn't effect him on Earth as much as one would like, it's usually only in small chunks, where-as in this instance, he was litterally standing in a field of it.

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
Or it's just Supes Jobber aura........erm who's the artist on that book?
I dunno. Kal-L's jobber aura was pretty strong looking at his showing against Doomsday.

And the artist is Renato Guedes as it says on the scan, n00b. stick out tongue

Juntai
Originally posted by S.S
Or it's just Supes Jobber aura........erm who's the artist on that book? Which book? The Crisis?
They change artists every couple panels.

Or do you mean Action Comics?

That's Johns, Busiek Writers
Renato Guedes as the artist, as seen in that scan.

S.S
I dunno. Kal-L's jobber aura was pretty strong looking at his showing against Doomsday.

And the artist is Renato Guedes as it says on the scan, n00b. stick out tongue
embarrasment well I don't like it..............

Validus
The art? I think it's great. Theres one page where Clark looks just like Chris Reeves. big grin

S.S
Originally posted by Juntai
Which book? The Crisis?
They change artists every couple panels.

Or do you mean Action Comics?

That's Johns, Busiek Writers
Renato Guedes as the artist, as seen in that scan.
I didn't even look all the way down on the scan mainly because it said "up up and away".......... sick

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
I didn't even look all the way down on the scan mainly because it said "up up and away".......... sick
You're a hater. mad

S.S
The art? I think it's great. Theres one page where Clark looks just like Chris Reeves. big grin
I think that calls for a scan.......... smile

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
I think that calls for a scan.......... smile
You don't deserve it chump. mad

S.S
You don't deserve it chump. mad
sad I still have Ramon.......... stick out tongue

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
sad I still have Ramon.......... stick out tongue
I heard his apartment exploded. whistle

S.S
I heard his apartment exploded. whistle
cry
I'm leaving you............ mad
scooter

DigiMark007
*sigh*

The thread title is being changed. "Possible spoilers" means nothing if the thing before it IS a spoiler. Some of us still didn't know Supes lost his powers. And my quest to not find out what happens in IC is quickly turning into a losing battle.

erm

Avalonofthewind
Kal El was also the first one back to his feet.
lol.

I see your point of view, I just think that Kal El was at the biggest diadvantage, given that he was surrounded by Kryptonite. Although Kryptonite doesn't effect him on Earth as much as one would like, it's usually only in small chunks, where-as in this instance, he was litterally standing in a field of it.

I agree with you. I've been saying for the longest that Supes weaknesses aren't what they used to be....and damn, that last book sure proved it.

Juntai
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*sigh*

The thread title is being changed. "Possible spoilers" means nothing if the thing before it IS a spoiler. Some of us still didn't know Supes lost his powers. And my quest to not find out what happens in IC is quickly turning into a losing battle.

erm Supes powers have been missing since OYL started a while back now. If people are several months beyond in comics, I don't take that as anyones fault but their own. This was just people hypothesising as to WHY his powers were gone. That part however did include the Crisis.

snoopdogg
Supes powers have been gone for over a year in comic time. But I don't know why. I mean he has been inside of a red sun before and has dealt with high levels of k-nite before. I think there might be more to it.

Avalonofthewind
I believe it's mental at this point. The latest issue says there is nothing wrong with his kryptonian biology. It was like his body just didn't want to be powerful even while retaining it's energy.

It's even shown when he had a GL ring. He was a glowing clark...not Superman. It's something subconscious.

H. S. 6
Supes powers have been missing since OYL started a while back now. If people are several months beyond in comics, I don't take that as anyones fault but their own. This was just people hypothesising as to WHY his powers were gone. That part however did include the Crisis.

That is true.

snoopdogg
Well I just read Act. #838. The ending is kina weird with him stopping the train and all. And at the begininng of the issue his body was resisiting any solar power.

This is getting interesting.

dman2008
Originally posted by DigiMark007
*sigh*

erm
so your getting it as a Trade or you just haven't gotten the chance to buy it yet ? confused

Validus
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Well I just read Act. #838. The ending is kina weird with him stopping the train and all. And at the begininng of the issue his body was resisiting any solar power.

This is getting interesting.
The beginning looked like a flashback to right after IC #7. He was in the red sun, burning up as he said and then the next thing he knows he's in a lab.

Dr.Fate
radiating solar energy? Maybe it the return of SUPERMAN BLUE or too a less extent superman red. well that probablby wouldn't happen and if it did it would before a few months and then he would expel all the excess energy in some sort of climatic battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.