Windu´s Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jedi fernando

Ushgarak
First ever Jedi lucas created as well. Yeah, we all know he's going to get a decent outing.

Bespin Bart
I'll miss the guy!

*sniffle*

laughing out loud

yerssot
Ush is right, gl quote

DJ Velocity
Yerss...

Ush is ALWAYS right wink

yerssot
well, I once heared something about him being wrong about something related to Holland

peluffo
A long time ago, he thinks that he was mistaken about something but he was wrong. He was right that time. That was the only time when he was wrong. eek! confused

yerssot
uhuh.... feeling alright pel?

King Jedi
I still think Mace is a bad guy.

Dexx
what?

yerssot
he still thinks Mace is a bad guy

Sabrea
how is mace bad??

yerssot
well, he takes a pen and paper and writes B-A-D on it

Sabrea
that doesnt make him bad

yerssot
are you sure about that?

Sabrea
yes, im sure

King Jedi
I'm not saying bad as in "Sith". But I still there is a lot more to him than we know yet.

Sabrea
he is good, not bad...in anyway

King Jedi
And you know this for a fact?

Sabrea
because i have a friends whos uncle works for lucas arts **even though GL never said mace was good or bad**

King Jedi
If there isn't some kind of story or twist involving Mace then why is he there? I don't think he's there just so Yoda has someone to talk to. There has to be something else.

Sabrea
hes there to be a part of the jedi council, its not like hes gonna do anything bad...he cant, he gets killed

King Jedi
Bad guys don't get killed? There are lots of things that point towards Mace being bad.

Sabrea
bad guys get killed, he just doesnt have enough time to turn evil...and what points to him being bad??

King Jedi
I'll tell you tommorow. I need to find Lucas quotes on it.

yerssot
GL made a comment on him being bad?
or you just refer to the interview were he says someone in the JC knows more then (s)he says?

Sabrea
go to:
www.starwars.com or www.lucasarts.com
ill check out lucasarts later (i hope thats the right website, im not quite sure because its saved on my favorites list an im not at my house)

Ushgarak
Mace is there because GL has always wanted that character in Star Wars and yes, simply because he needed a conversational foil for Yoda. So the idea that Mace has to be bad or else he is pointless does not seem to carry; he's no more pointless than, say, Wedge was. Not all characters have to be 100% vital.

Sabrea
thank you...see? hes not bad, hes pointless

yerssot
that's... nice

King Jedi
Wedge was a minor character who was in one scene in all three movies. Mace is a major charcter who's involed in the PT's main plot points. There is a difference.

Mace does nothing in the PT that can't be done by someone else. Storywise, it would probably be better if Yoda confided in Obi-Wan or the entire JC.

Mace has been set up as an important character and he has to go somewhere. Or whats the point? He's good, then he gets killed? That's it? If that happens then he's the most boring main character in all of Star Wars.

Yes Lucas said that in TPM, someone on the JC knew what was going on and that the Sith returned. Then we have Sam Jackson saying "everyone is second to Yoda. We're all struggling to be as good as him. Yoda is incorruptable". Suggesting that every other Jedi, including Mace, was curruptable. He's said that a few times.

Ushgarak
Nah, we've been thropugh that a few times and it doesn't stand up- if Mace is revealed as a traitor now it would just be a pointless twist for its own sake; far more pointless than his character as it stands.

Well, I have no problem with him as it is, and I am sorry you do. But I am pretty sure he is what wesee him as- a heroic good guy who is going to go down. After all, it's nice to have at least one MAJOR Jedi that we are upset to see die, rather than all those background ones we do not care about.

Obi-Wan would have been no good as a foil for Yoda as he would be doing the main plot and addressing the whole JC would not have fitted the personal nature of the conversations in AOTC.

Dexx
yup..i'm not partial on mace swinging side either. He will most probably die...how, and by whom.....and to see how Yoda gets back to dagobah...a defeat perhaps..could it be?

yerssot
already confirmed

Sabrea
he will die!! all jedi cept for obi and yoda die!

Dexx
u mean xept for luke..and the following generation.

Julie
It's a big galaxy so I'm not certain that ALL the jedi die

yerssot
canon speaking... they die

King Jedi
Well maybe Mace isn't a traitor or maybe he isn't bad but I think there has to be some kind of developement with his charcter in Ep3. Right now I think he's pretty dull.

queeq
HEY!!! KJ's back. Welcome, dude!

Yeah, he's pretty dull. I still hope he gets killed in EP3.

King Jedi
Thank you. I can still see Boba Fett landing Slave1 on top of him.

Ushgarak
He's been a very popular character, though, which would seem to justify him.

yerssot
Let me lighten your day...
*gives queeq a lighter*
big grin

yup, GL already said Mace will die... and with a big bang even

Dexx
guess he will..unfortunatley...don't consider him least bit dull. He's an excellent character.

J-ROC
I can't take him seriously...to me....Sam Jackson will always be Jules. cool

King Jedi
I don't even think "Hey it's Sam Jackson!" which is weird because I do that in nearly every other film he's been in. I just see Mace. Boring old Mace. cool

queeq
Well, I actually still hope Anakin carves him up in thin slices. I forgot to say that.

yerssot
well, could be, script can still change

finti
can they really?

Sabrea
Gl is constantly changing his scripts, he cant stick with one idea..ep.II was originally gonna be totally different than it turned out to be..

yerssot
yes, like Sabrea said, they changed things while shooting

Sabrea
he changed almost every scene..

General Kaliero
Boba needs to kill Mace. Just to avenge his father. Then he can be a bounty hunter in peace.

yerssot
and how do you expact a +/- 15 year old can kill one of the best sabrefighters in the galaxy?

King Jedi
By landing Slave1 on him or firing a rocket in his back. It doesn't have to be a straight or fair fight. It could be anything.

yerssot
and GL promising Mace will die in a "good" way?

Dexx
...pretty shitty. I still think Mace dies in a "fair duel" dooku perhaps..or even sidious...

King Jedi
There are plenty of ways which he could have a "good" death without it being a straight one on one fight.

Sabrea
or he may just run away screaming "mommie!!"

yerssot
I don't know the exact english word so I used "good"

it was about Mace dieing in an honorable way, a good fight, not landing a big ship on him

King Jedi
I know what you meant. Sam Jackson said "I just don't want to go out like a punk". You could easily do that without a one on one fight.

yerssot
no, actually GL said he would give Mace an honorable death

King Jedi
So? That doesn't mean he has to go out in a one on one fight. The X-wing pilots had an hounerable death. So did Obi-Wan and he didn't "lose", he let himself be killed. There are thousands of ways Windu could have an hounerable death without a one on one fight.

And Sam Jackson did say that about "not going out like a punk".

yerssot

King Jedi
Who said "Mace was a cunning warrior and a good friend?"

yerssot
that's just the title of the thingie

King Jedi
Ok.

Dexx
i see

Julie
I don't

yerssot
open your eyes then

Julie
They are open and I'm still not seeing the point1

yerssot
*gives Julie a point*
here you go

Julie
Thank you.....BTW to get back on topic...Mace Windu is a fine character but he isn't my favorite and never was.....

yerssot
perhaps you would change your opinion after EpIII

Ganki
Hey anybody thought about Ani killing Mace? It would be a good fight!

Ushgarak
Yes we have and yes it would.

Arien
windu will have an awesome death, we all know that. just admit it. he's a legend and he'll go down like a legendary hero. no question there

finti
I think it already has been established that mace will suffer a hero's death, maybe he sacrifice himself

Member.
be funny if mace windu gets killed by a protocol droid, or gets killed accidently.

Corran
Nope, not at all.

Member.
you don't think that's funny?:O
well i'm sorry but maybe i should've put "in my opinion" like all my other posts.
actually maybe i should...

Corran
maybe

Dexx
Highly unlikely. It would be a short fight, that's for sure...he's good but not THAt good.
As for the droid thinggie..totally out of the question in my oppinion.
Protocol droids don't even have offensive manouvers.
AS for an accidental death....Mace is too important for him to miss GL's so expected 'death cicle' in ep III

Member.
Protocol droids could be outfitted with weapons.

Dexx
what's the point...fighting droids are more accessible

Corran
Look what happened to C3P0 though.

queeq
Ani killing Mace would be a nice start for Vader.

Alphamale
I think that Bobo Fett will kill him, you know revenge and all!

Corran
He may be a little too young to outsmart a Jedi Master though.

Member.
It will probably be Boba Fett, Anakin Skywalker, or Darth Sidious, or a combination of them.

queeq
Not Fett, not Sidious. Maybe, hopefully Ani... but he might as well get killed in a big battle.

GordonSkywalker
I think Mace Windu is the second-in-command to Yoda,and as such has Yoda's confidence on matters not related to the entire Council. I believe he will go out fighting,probably the converted Anakin Skywalker. I think his character is one of the best in Attack of the Clones,along with the character developments between Anakin and Padme. I do not think he is evil,bad,or a sith. I think people misunderstand the scene just after Qui-Gon's voice is heard by Yoda,as he does not tell Master Windu anything other than"Young Skywalker is in pain". To each his(or her) own,we will just have to wait until all is revealed in the next installment.

Julie
ok.....I'll not argue with you.....just * waits patiently*

GordonSkywalker
Hey, I can hardly wait to see how it all goes down myself! Does anybody know when III is supposed to be released(i.e.Summer 2005 or something)?

Member.
It's around that time.

Julie
Samuel L Jackson is cool, but Windu is not my fav jedi

Evil Windu
Mace isnt no Traitor.. Why would he want to betray the jedi now? And theres no evidence to prove that hes one.. Ive seen speculation on this and some of it does sound legit and beliveable but still hes no traitor, And if so im walking out of the theater without my money !

Anyways I think he will stay behind protecting the Twins and Padme.

Member.
ANAKIN'S THE TRAITOR!!!

Ushgarak
Well, as I believe I menioned before, with Anakin and Dooku both betraying the Jedi we really don;t need any more such people.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah don't we have enough?

Member.
hm...

GordonSkywalker
Speaking of such things I must aplogise Member. I thought I had heard that you were much older than me. I must have got you mixed up with another. Sorry man.

Member.
lol, quite alrightbig grin, i could act much older than i amstick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
Between you and me, I got you mixed up with our man finti! Don't tell anyone! Of course all anyone has to do is read this so it's not too much a secret or anything. Anyway glad we're back on the right track!

Member.
laughing out loud, ez mistake...i guesslaughing out loudbig grin, what was the topic againstick out tongue

GordonSkywalker
We were discussing how Mace Windu is going to die in the next film. smile

Tevesh
ok, i was reading, and this is really aggrevating so i joined the forum.

First of all, Windu is gonna get jacked up and die and he's not gonna go out like punk.

By who?

Anakin? probable, but unlikely. i know the movie supposedly ends with the empire being established and a bunch of jedi being dead. that means that in all likelyhood, anakin just turned all bionical and such at the end of the movie. Besides, we know that it's obi-wans fault for turning anakin into darth vader (ok the image of darth vader, anakin and vader are the same person) by injuring him in a fight somehow. so how would obi-wan be able to hurt anakin and not 2nd to only yoda, windu?

Dooku? this might just happen. it seems way more likely than anakin. Yoda seemed to be winning in the duel with dooku until dooku played dirty and had the pillar deally fall on obiwan and ani. and since windu is 2nd to yoda, this might just happen, especially if dooku plays dirty

Darth Sidious/Emporer Palpatine? another really probably situation. so far, we haven't seen him fight at all, other than the lightning bolts in ep6, but we know that he's hella powerful, both with the force and now the huge clone army at his command.

Fett? please. he's like 10...12 at the most in ep2, and ep3 is only like 2 or 3 years after, so at the most he's 14. what the heck is a 14 year old bounty hunter gonna do against a powerful jedi master? the only thing Fett has goin for him is the fact that he fights as dirty as he can get, and the huge amounts of gadgets and weapons he usually has. and he will NOT land slave I on windu. i'm sorry, but i think you would notice a huge tank of a spaceship getting close and closer to smush you, and just get out of the way.

Obi wan is probably going to be the one gaurding padme when anakin turns all evil and stuff, which is what i believe will be THE fight between the two that i mentioned earlier.

Aright, i know i went off on a crap ton hear, but it's probably gonna be dooku or palpatine if it's a one on one. either that, or like some you mentioned, he's gonna go out in all his glory or sacrifice himself to save a lot of people, or possibly obiwan, yoda or someother jedi, maybe even the twins.

That and he's not evil, the only way he could be bad is if he pulled out a wallet that says: "Bad Ass Mother-F___er" on it

GordonSkywalker
I say Sidious/Palpatine gets him. Great ideas btw, Tevesh!

Julie
Eh I agree he dies....but I dunno by who

GordonSkywalker
Which pretty much sends us back to the proverbial square one. Who kills the Mace master!

finti
Anakin

Julie
so said some....

GordonSkywalker
I say Palpatine/Sidious. He could use some of that force lightning we saw in Episode VI.

Corran
If it's going to be a Noble death, maybe taking down a Sith, Dooku, and dying in the process.

GordonSkywalker
Yes that suggestion has some merit.

Tevesh
i think it'll be palpatine, and windu will probably die protecting obiwan, and padme (pregnant with the twins of course).

GordonSkywalker
Yeah a sad but noble ending for the only jedi who can debate Yoda.

cookies2006
I have a feeling Anikan will be the death of Mace.

GordonSkywalker
it is more than likely it will be him i suppose.

Ushgarak
Latest rumour is that Anakin not only kills Windu but also defeats Yoda.

Wild stuff, of course, but part of the point of this place is to pick up on rumours like that...

Member.
anakin most likely to kill windu, but all we know now is that windu dies in ep3, we all agree on that eh?

cookies2006
sadly Correct.

Tevesh
all i have to say is that windu is the "vader" of the light side of the force and he better not go out like a chump. i mean vader died saving the galaxy, it doesn't get much more noble and heroic than that. that's why windu should have a really noble and heroic death.

Julie
noble...and heroic....well that's a tall order

GordonSkywalker
It can be done.

Ushgarak
Vader didn't actually save the Galaxy, he saved his son. Galaxy was already saved by the Rebels- Death Star was doomed.

Always an error in ROTJ that- the Emperor didn't actually have any bearing on final victory.

Tevesh
Actually, vader did save the galaxy. the emporer had his entire fleet under his control through the force, which is why they had been coordinating with eachother so well. but once vader tossed him, that control was no longer there, sending everyone into a temporary chaotic state, and allowing lando and wedge to destroy the deathstar. thats why the rebels were getting jacked up in the beginning of the battle

besides, the first deathstar was detroyed, but the galaxy wasn't saved. why not? because the emporer still lived. vader is the one that killed the emporer, and thereby saved his son and the galaxy. the rebels just detroyed a big machine that could kill planets like they did last time. and they do this a number of other times almost making it a daily routine in the books, the sun crusher, centerpoint, the prototype deathstar, the droids full of explosives...the list goes on.

anyways, the empire collapses because the emporer died. and vader is the one who killed him

Ushgarak
That is purely supposition, not fact. What we have in the film is that the Death Star was destroyed by the Rebels regardless of the Emperor's plan. Nothing in the film indicates that the Emperor was aiding his forces in any way at all. The books aren't canon and are to be discounted. And the first Death Star example is irrelevent because the Emperor was not ON that one.

The Emperor would have died in any case.

Tevesh
what difference does it make if the emporer was on the deathstar or not?

you made it clear that the death star was destroyed, thereby making the rebelion victorious - having no connection to whether the emporer was aboard the death star or not.

the first death star was also destroyed, but that did not make the rebelion victorious.

the only difference between the two situations, the destruction of the first and the destruction of the 2nd is that the emporer died minutes before the 2nd was destroyed.

HAHA, i just realized, we went from talking about how windu is gonna die, to what made the rebelion victorious in the matter of only 4 posts....hehe...good times...

Ushgarak
OBVIOUSLY my point about the Death Star being doomed is that the Emperor was on it - as Mon Mothma said, that was the reason for the urgency of the attack because it was a chance to destroy the Empire!

In which the rebels succeeded totally irrelevant of what Luke, Vader and the Emperor did.

Tevesh
so then the whole prophecy that anakin is "the chosen one who will bring balance to the force" is a sham?

he kills the emporer and brings balance to the force thereby saving the galaxy, it's been prophesized.

Ushgarak
Yes, but it simply cannot be denied that the events in ROTJ mess this up. It is an error of the film. Some clear connection should have been made on film to show why Luke had to kill Palpatine to make a difference. There was not, and this was probably because of the very late decision to put Palpatine ON the Death Star- Luke originally confronted him on the Imperial Capital World, which would have made far more sense as far as restoring the Balance was concerned as The Emperor would ot have died anyway.

But they did not do that, they moved him to the Death Star, he WOULD have died anyway, and the whole thing was left rather limp.

People can try and make up any number of reasons as to why the Emperor had to die at Vader's hands but it is all supposition; it should have been clear on film.

GordonSkywalker
Yeah I hear what the man is saying. He speaks sense and I have been wondering about that myself.

Tevesh
The emporer had to die at the hands of vader because it was prophesized.

1) Mon Mothma was not pressing the urgency of the attack because the emporer was aboard the death star, she was doing so because she did not want a second, much larger much more powerful death star.

2) It was luke and luke alone that knew the emporer and his father were aboard the second death star

3) the emporer was on the second death star because he knew of the rebel plans to attempt to destory it, which is why he send his best units down to endor to protect the shielding

He was there to see the end of the rebelion. this is why he let luke, han, and leia down to endor, to lay the trap to lure the entire rebel fleet into the system.

showing that he did have control over his fleet. he was there to over see the entire operation and to make sure it ran smoothly. "the entire operation" consisted of him luring the rebel fleet and then crushing it, showing that he had to have full control over his own fleet.

in addition to that, he foresaw luke meeting with vader and wanted to be there to have luke turn into his apprentice and kill vader.

the one thing he did not foresee is luke bringing out the good in his father, anakin. which is why he was taken by surprise and killed. i'm sure if he had forseen it, he would have done something about it. force lightninged vader? maybe, unless vader wasn't MUCH to his inferior

what you're suggesting in your last post is that Lucas made a mistake in return of the jedi. i'm sure if he had done that, he would have definetely altered the scrip in TPM to ensure that there wouldn't be any discrepencies.

Now, just out of curiosity, how do you know that emporere was orginally supposed be at the imperial capital world? that and many of your other facts that you know to support your arguments. where do you get these facts from? i'm just curious

cookies2006
say little at once please. I dont like to read alot at one time. Takes me to long.

justinday15
Anakin will kill mace.

cookies2006
Possibly. Nobody can be for sure.

Tevesh
haha. sorry, cookies2006

Julie
interesting avatar

Member.
lets hope he does. it owuld make a cool battle.

Tevesh
oh he'll die alright. Because if he doesn't......

Member.
we all know that mace dies, i wonder how?

umraan
sidious and mace fight then windu breaks his saber so anakin kills him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.