Ion #1 Spoilers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Takion
IMO, i beleive it was alright. What about you guys.

Validus
Fine for what it was (a setup issue).

Takion
Originally posted by Validus
Fine for what it was (a setup issue).
The artwork was terrible, who was the new girl?

Validus
The art for #2 is much better. Tocchini was inking himself and confused the colorist.

Takion
The art for #2 is much better. Tocchini was inking himself and confused the colorist.
You already got no. 2

Validus
No. Ron Marz posted a preview to calm down everyone who was complaining.

http://www.comicbloc.com/images/stories/comics/previews/ion2/ion002021_600.jpg

H. S. 6
Anybody got scans?

I'm interested in Ion...

Takion
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Anybody got scans?

I'm interested in Ion...

The battle was not good at all.

Validus
There was no battle. Just Kyle one shotting some GL's.

Takion
There was no battle. Just Kyle one shotting some GL's. He beat the hell out of them.

Avalonofthewind
I'll be picking this issue soon. I'm highly interested in this.
Validus, why was he one shotting GL's...

and my burning question...where the hell was this guy when SBP was whoopin ***?

Takion
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
I'll be picking this issue soon. I'm highly interested in this.
Validus, why was he one shotting GL's...

and my burning question...where the hell was this guy when SBP was whoopin ***?

The story starts of with a planet burned in a sun. So i beleive he was mourning while SBP was fighting.

Validus
Originally posted by Takion
The story starts of with a planet burned in a sun. So i beleive he was mourning while SBP was fighting.
Kyle was the one who destroyed that planet and it takes place long after IC. Some GL's came to talk him down, his power went out of control and he blew them up. He loses control when he has a spike in his emotions.

Takion
Kyle was the one who destroyed that planet and it takes place long after IC. Some GL's came to talk him down, his power went out of control and he blew them up. He loses control when he has a spike in his emotions.

ooooooooooo, thanks for the info.

Avalonofthewind

Thanks for the info. You're a gentleman and a scholar. wink

Validus
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Thanks for the info. You're a gentleman and a scholar. wink
big grin

Mider
so basically he's back to godlike ion sounds like fun for some future comics.

AcousticDoc
how does he become god like ion again? Wouldn't he need to have taken all the energy he gave to ignite the central battery? IF that happened there wouldn't be a green lantern corps right?

eleveninches
The way I saw it was that when he WAS ion, he gave up a small fraction of his ion powers to give jade her powers back. Then he lost all the rest of his ion powers by bringing the guardians back. But now jade has died and given him back the small fragment of the ion powers he had given to her, and that allowed him to reclaim all of his ion powers back.

Validus
Originally posted by Mider
so basically he's back to godlike ion sounds like fun for some future comics.
Nope. He's not nearly as powerful as before. Beyond Green Lantern in power but we won't know by how much until he fights in Hal in #4.

Takion
Nope. He's not nearly as powerful as before. Beyond Green Lantern in power but we won't know by how much until he fights in Hal in #4.

He is going to defeat him im telling you. This ION is much weaker than the first, this one has only a fraction of the TRUE ION powers.

Avalonofthewind
Agreed. If Ion was as full original power. The crisis would have been over before it started.

Black Adam
No. Ron Marz posted a preview to calm down everyone who was complaining.

http://www.comicbloc.com/images/stories/comics/previews/ion2/ion002021_600.jpg

Looks a hell of a lot better.

Grimm22
Ugh, I hated this book.

Seriously its just not interesting.

If #2 dosent shape it up then im dropping it

AcousticDoc
Jade gave her power to kyle? So in essence, the new ion is just a green lantern x2?

eleveninches
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
Jade gave her power to kyle? So in essence, the new ion is just a green lantern x2? No. JAde got her powers back from kyle when he was ion, so all of this time she had a little bit of his ion power inside of her. When she gave it back to him, he was able to access all of the rest of the ion power

Takion
Originally posted by eleveninches
No. JAde got her powers back from kyle when he was ion, so all of this time she had a little bit of his ion power inside of her. When she gave it back to him, he was able to access all of the rest of the ion power
If it was rest, then ION would be omnipotent and the crisis would have finished.

Mider
yeah but that would be a lame ending.

Mider
......................but then again it was lame that a guy who defeated i dont know how many gl's loses to...................cough...........superman (winces)

Validus
He was powerless when he lost to Superman. Not many 18 year old kids are going to school a 30 year old in hand to hand fighting.

Mider
still a lame ending shouldnt have even made SBP that powerful to beat all those damn GL's now they will say supes can do the same thing, they should have made alex luthor the main villain and he should have offed SBP after being useful but no longer needed and then ALL the heros should have had a hand in defeating him not just two sepermen, they could have done something with that tuning fork to mess him up or whatever.

Validus
Originally posted by Mider
still a lame ending shouldnt have even made SBP that powerful to beat all those damn GL's now they will say supes can do the same thing
You don't seem to understand that SBP was powerless when he lost to Clark.

Dark Shazam93
I really wanna read it so could someonme PLEASE sacn Ion 1? Pleeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee, O Great and Wise Validus!

Mider
i know but its still stupid for ANY supermen to be that powerful

Validus
Maybe DC should go back and redo the art for #1. Ion #2 looks great.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Ion/ION_2_Page_1.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Ion/ION_2_Page_2.jpg

NRAMA: Fair enough. Back into his powers and what he can do now - comparing Ion to as he was as Green Lantern – he’s what…a step above GLs in a similar way to how Manhunters were a step below? That is, and as you suggested he might be - he’s the next evolution of where Green Lanterns are headed?

Ron Marz: That's the real question, isn't it? Kyle is still figuring out what it means to be Ion, exactly. And judging from Ion #1, that process doesn't seem to be going very smoothly. The first story arc is to great extent a mystery, and I know readers walked away from the first issue with more questions than answers. That's intentional, some of what's going on is designed to be confusing, for both Kyle and the readers.

I realize I'm asking quite a bit from readers by choosing the tell the story in this way. It’s not the usual way you go about starting a series, but I wanted the readers to be in the same position as Kyle, to be wondering just what the hell is going on. We're putting the pieces out there, but they don't quite fit together just yet. The big revelation, or at least the first big revelation, comes in issue #4, so if readers can stick with us until then, everything starts falling into place. I think the payoff is worth it.

Takion
Maybe DC should go back and redo the art for #1. Ion #2 looks great.

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Ion/ION_2_Page_1.jpg
http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Ion/ION_2_Page_2.jpg
Woah, does he defest the bounty.

Mider
i heard the gaurdians want all GL's to be like ION

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.