Strategy Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Janus Marius
Thrawn versus Tarkin, Akbar, and Revan.

Thrawn has forces equal to 2/5 of the Imperial fleet as of the OT period. The trio man the other 3/5.

Jonathan Mark
Now this is an interesting thread...

Janus Marius
I'd like to say that the trio owns Thrawn, but it will probably be pretty damn close either way.

Lightsnake
Is Zahn writing?

Great Vengeance
Thrawn I believe.

Jonathan Mark
Sort of interesting throwing those three together...

Tarkin and Revan are the ruthless ones who will consider no sacrifice too great and treat their men as mere peices on a playing board whereas you have Akbar...

Razielim
Hmm. Does Thrawn have the access to Revan/Ackbars/Tarkin's history/notes/favourite artworks/backstory? If he does, he could use 'em to his advantage and make it close.

But these three are all geniuses in their own right. I don't see Thrawn taking this.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Razielim
Hmm. Does Thrawn have the access to Revan/Ackbars/Tarkin's history/notes/favourite artworks/backstory? If he does, he could use 'em to his advantage and make it close.

But these three are all geniuses in their own right. I don't see Thrawn taking this.

I agree. Though, even if Thrawn gets insights to their backgrounds, Thrawn is at a disadvantage with fleets, but as well somewhat an advantage, too.

Since the trio control 3/5, that means each of them can man a third of the Imperial fleet if they wanted to make the burden lesser, however Thrawn doesn't have to worry about working together with anyone, or worry about his plans conflicting, whereas the trio do. So, they'd either have to:

a) work together.
b) try to work together best as possible while each controls a third of their army.

Granted, I still see after a hard-fought, long, and drawn out battle. That the trio wins. Revan and his battle precog. would help a lot, I'd think.

Admiral Akbar
Ackbar is a brilliant strategist with the Republic fleet, but since he did work on the Imperial ships I could see him doing alright.

jollyjim311
Is this just a straight up space battle or do propaganda, and other forms of outside help work. Because if they are the only ones on the field, in all of space, then Thrawn loses a close fight. If they are fighting in a galaxy full of draft able persons, then, they will flock to Revan, and the trio win with sheer manpower.

Janus Marius
Hm. Good question.

Let's say... yes.

Darth_Glentract
It depends on what special weapons each side has. Does Thrawn get Mt. Tantiss? If not, I don't see him winning. With it he has a much better chance, but victory isn't assured.

zephiel7
Very interesting thread

Thrawn is a great tactician. Revan is a great tactician. Ackbar and Tarking are also great tacticians.

Given the propaganda definately Revan with his charisma will be able to attract a lot of recruits. Not to mention his battle precognition will give him insight on his enmies moves. Ackbar was one of the Republic's finest tacticians. Tarkin was pretty good hismelf. Given that the three are geniuses, and they operate the remaing 3/5 of the Imperial fleet, I do not see Thrawn having much of a chance.

Admiral Akbar
Agreed

Blaxican Style
We've seen Thrawn prevail in 3to1 odds. And by that I mean has the one.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
It depends on what special weapons each side has. Does Thrawn get Mt. Tantiss? If not, I don't see him winning. With it he has a much better chance, but victory isn't assured.

No special weapons, btw. Just a standard issue navy.

However, just to make things interesting, each admiral gets an executer-style ship.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.