republic vs yuuzhan vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
this is the clone troopers and jedi versus the vong under the rule of shimmara and the leadership of nas choka, who is way smarter than tzavong lah. explain your votes please....

Darth Avis
to get things going i belive the vong will win because of better warships and sheer numbers.

Tangible God
I don't know for certain but... I just can not picture 1.2 million clones, even with the Jedi, taking on the entire Yuuzhan Vong civilization.

Darth Avis
bump

DePWNZOR
Clones win. They have far more Jedi than the New Republic did, and a WAY better organized (and larger sized ground force) military. Now, an intresting match would be the CIS vs the Vong. The Vong would go crazy with hate. The CIS has WAAAAAYYYYY more guys tho, 2 Sith Lords, and a genious robot commander who can devise battle strategies instantly. It'd be close.

Darth Avis
the clones are outnombered AT LEAST 10 to 1. these arent little droids eaither. these are very powerful warriors who have blaster resistent armor. The jedi will get cut to ribbons as well by the vong. the new republic had way more troops than the clone army, the empire to help, and smart statagists and the vong would have won the war to if nen yim was working from the start.

Darth Avis
bump. come on!

Pwned61
hard to say honestly. The clones certainly appear to be superior soldiers than what the new republic had, and a considerably larger amount of jedi (during the NJO there were less than a thousand jedi at the vong invation), but in the end i'd have to give it to the vong. they still have number's not to mention the fact that the republic lacks the individuals that helped turn the tide (the solo's, Luke)

Darth Avis
the generals, the empire, ackbar, ...

Captain REX
Kenobi? Skywalker? Windu? Yoda? Those aren't individuals?

Pwned61
It's not that the republic doesn't have it's own hero's only that they arn't the same people the New Republic had. Jaina's ship that was invisible to the vong, Jacen's 'vongsense' and ability to communicate with the vong equipment, and of course Luke's monsterous power, these are things the Republic won't have because it was these person's unique talents, gifts, and in some cases luck, that granted these advantages. As is, I don't see anyone from the old republic coming up with equivilants to these (excetp maybe make up for Luke through quantity).

Pwned61
also, i'm sorry about the spelling and grammer in that one, didn't really read it over

Darth Avis
they are important rex but the republic has no real stratagy, no huge ships, and few troops in comparison.

DePWNZOR
Republic has an infinite source of guys, unlike the Vong. (Vong are crap tho, that's SO unrealistic to be outside the force and use gay biotech). They can clone their guys, so they'll always have troops. Vong can't do that. The Republic has WAY more Jedi 2. They also have teh Chosen One. 111One!!!! Gay Vong die.

Lightsnake
The second the Vong find Kamino, that limitless supply ends

DePWNZOR
The Vong are too retarded to find Kamino.

Lightsnake
You mean like they were too retarded to find Yavin or turn the galaxy against the Jedi or implement Battle Plan Coruscant?

DePWNZOR
I mean like their too retarded to beat the New Republic even with vastly superior tech and WAY more troops.

Lightsnake
Actually, they DID beat the NEw Republic...the Galactic Alliance was another story

Razielim
Yeah, the Vong had people like Luke and Kyp up their asses. Yet they still took a good 2/5 of the galaxy.

DePWNZOR
Cause their a gay idea. The author who thought of them had no talent whatsoever.....

Darth Avis
still the vong find kamino, pwn it badly and take the galexy. too easy. the republic has no real stratagy at all. there wont be an ebqu (or whatever) 9 nen yim will constantly make new shit an the clones will get owned.

Council#13
Apparently the poll says otherwise erm

Deception
Avis you make the most pathetic arguments, atleast Lightsnake makes sense.

Council#13
No offense Avis, but I really dont see the point of this thread. Apparently you have already figured out the answer. Perhaps you merely want to find out the opinions of others.

Onto topic, I agree that Kamino and Coruscant will be the main targets for the Yuuzhan Vong. The Vong are not weak, and it will take a lot of power to defeat them. However, the Republic consists of ALL the worlds in that galaxy. There must be billions if not trillions of soldiers, thousands of armies, weak and strong. Together, I think that they could boost the power of the GAR to the level nessecary to defeat the Vong. It will not be an easy battle though.

Tangible God
What's with everybody and saying that the Republic has WAY more troops?

1.2 million clones is not alot on a galactic scale. The Vong conquered half the galaxy, took Coruscant, and if it wasn't for the sudden death of Shimrra and Onami(SP?) and Sekot's timely inteference, they would have defeated the Alliance fleet attacking them at Coruscant. And the entire New Republic AND the Galactic Alliance that followed had a hell of alot more men then the Republic. The only advantage the Republic has is the superior number of Jedi. But you could still even that with the argument that NJO Luke "God" Skywalker only defeated the Vong after what? Five years?

The numerical and technological advantages the New Republic and GA had over the Old Republic was immense. And it still took 'em five years to stop the Vong. What the Hell is inferior "uberness" of clone accuracy and numbers going to do against them?

And as a reminder, the Vong took half the galaxy in about 4 years, yet it would still take TEN years to grow a new batch of clones.

Vong pwn.

Darth Avis
thank you, but i think he means that the republic can take people from any planet and make them soldiers, which wont work because they, with no combat experience and no one to train them (there are only 1.2 million clones) they will die in there first battle.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.