Which of these is your favorite and least favorite?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Remakes, for the most part, suck big, hairy, donkey-nuts....plain and simple. I feel they're an insult to the original, an insult to the fans who grew up loving the originals, and show that Hollywood is running out of ideas of originality so they feel they need to take a classic and turn it into a shitty remake and cash in on a quick buck. There are a few remakes that I felt were actually superior to the original though, but this is an EXTREMELY RARE case...99.999% of the time, the original is ALWAYS better...but here are some exceptions...

1. The Thing (1982)
2. The Fly (1986)
3. The Blob (1988)

Here's some that I thought were pretty decent and well worth a look, although nowhere near the originals....

1. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
2. Night of the Living Dead (1990)
3. Dawn of the Dead (2004)
4. The Hills Have Eyes (2006)
5. The Amityville Horror (2005)
6. Red Dragon (was a remake of "Manhunter"wink (2002)
7. Thirteen Ghosts (2001)
8. Bram Stoker's Dracula (1993)
9. King Kong (2005)
10. War of the Worlds (2005)
11. The Toolbox Murders (2005) (I enjoyed this one a lot and would love to see the original)

Here's some re-makes that I rolled my eyes at and thought "Ugh...", watch at your own risk (especially if you enjoyed the originals)...

1. House of Wax
2. Psycho
3. The Shining
4. Texas Chainsaw Massacre
5. Salem's Lot
6. The Fog
7. The Haunting
8. House on Haunted Hill
9. Mary Shelley's Frankenstein
10. Godzilla (1998)

I haven't seen the new "When a Stranger calls". I also haven't seen the remake of "Carrie". So I can't comment on those two. I dread "The Omen" remake this summer, it will probably suck. I hear that a remake of "Friday the 13th" is in the works; also a remake of "The Evil Dead" with Ashton Kutcher is also in the works...Good Lord, is nothing sacred anymore??? What's next...? A remake of " A Nightmare on Elm Street" and "Halloween"?...*SHEESH*

Tired Hiker
If they remake 'Evil Dead', I will personally choke Sam Raimi. And Ashton.

Myers Kicks Ass
i liked the salems lot remake and the tcm remake

Mattomic
Absolutely loved the Hills Have Eyes Remake!!! Better than the original in every way, and my favourite horror movie to date!!!

Also liked the TCM remake, Dawn of the Dead remake was fantastic too, Housew on Haunted Hill, Toolbox murders, Amityville Horror (even though the original was better), Night of the Living Dead 1990 was frickin' awesome!!! House of Wax was a pleasent surprise, I really enjoyed it!!! And Thirteen Ghosts was pretty cool too

I can't wait for The Warriors remake and wanna see The Omen remake, and especially looking forward to seeing th Day of the Dead remake, the original was great, has alot to live up to

Roland
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
If they remake 'Evil Dead', I will personally choke Sam Raimi. And Ashton.

Agree no one in the universe can REMAKE Evil Dead, no matter how hard they try. Even if Raimi went back and remade it, it would still suck horribly.

The ending of the remake would involve Ashton popping out of no where and saying "You just got punk'd! I'm Ashton Kutcher, I'm awesome!"

Grimm22
If they try to remake Evil Dead, I will personally hangoutside of my theater and protest it big grin

Dejio
Just saw Hills Have Eyes - Unrated.
I wished I didn't. It's one of those horror movies where the characters are just really stupid.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Dejio
It's one of those horror movies where the characters are just really stupid.

Thats 99% of the characters in Horror Flicks then

Dejio
Good point.

Deano
the thing' is my favourite remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.