NFL Talk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DeNiro
Who urs favorite team?

Mine is the Green Bay Packers. Hopefully next year they can make it all the way to the superbowel.

Also disucss ne thing u want about NFL or NFL players here....

§pearhead
smart Great idea D! Let's talk about the NFL during the off-season! roll eyes (sarcastic)

cgtuna21
Indianapolis Colts!!! There gonna win superbowl next yr

DeNiro
quite spearhead stick out tongue ok then we will talk about this past year then Ill make a new thread once football starts again stick out tongue

total nettlehead
why does everyone follow the Packers nowadays??? confused

SAtown_punk
Because it's trendy to like Brett Favre. I've liked him for years, but he's not my favorite QB. My favorite QB of all time is Dan Marino. Nobody deserved a championship more than him, but he just didn't have the guns around him to make it happen. If he were on any other team he would have been just as great as Joe Montana. He already is, but he needed the championships to solidify that place.

I think the Cowboys are going to give everybody a run for their money next year. Just my opinion.

DeNiro
I have always liked the packers i never liked ne one else i have teams that ill watch but my favorite was always green bay

SAtown_punk
Dallas is getting close to a contract for Keyshawn, and they're looking to get Brian Griese from Miami, and perhaps take Maurice Clarett in the first round. If this happens, I would seriously expect Dallas to make a championship run.

AliasNeo15
I feel that the Packers hav everything working for them. They're offensive line is going to be intact for the 4th straight year and they're all big mo fo's. The recieving core may be the most underrated in the NFL. They hav 4 guys that can make plays- Walker, Driver, Ferguson, and sometimes Freeman. And, who can forget about Ahman Green who was so close of having a 2,000 yard season. If it werent for the 3 games he had in which he ran for less than 50 yards, he woulda been with Jamal Lewis. Well, if u didnt guess yet, GB is my fav. team and they can beat anybody. I said it hear. U can call me a genious next year when i bring this reply up after they win the SBlaughing out loud

DeNiro
^^^^^^^ IS VERY COOL thumb up ^^^^^^^^

AliasNeo15
^^^^^^^^Knows teams when he sees themthumb up^^^^^^^^

AliasNeo15
Dude, If Green gets shut down next year, Favre is gunna hav like the best numbers everlaughing out loud

SAtown_punk
that's funny...'cause Green Bay is going to have almost the exact same team next season as this season, but what happened? Oh yeah, they didn't make it past the first round. Favre and Green will have a good season, but they just won't be able to pull it off.

AliasNeo15
um, actually they made it past the first round, and having the exact same team together creates team chemistry that just wasnt quite there last season. They are also going to hav a number 25 pick. They will be a better team. The question is how good hav their opponents gottenthumb up

DeNiro
GOOD CALL thumb up Its all about team work and knowing ur fellow teamate and I think they are going all the way next year

AliasNeo15
ya, but the thing that im worried about is just the fact that injuries are the only thing that are standing in this team's way. I feel if their are no injuries, this team will do very well. The thing that killed us was Joe Johnson, Antuan Edwards, Mike McKenzie and Donald Driver sat out a few games where the Pack needed them. Injuries will happen, but if they happen to not, the Pack will be back in the SuperBowlthumb up

boxofdeath2.0
Yeah they got that 40 year old quarterback going for them, and without Favre the GB recievers can't even hold my jock, much less compete with the rest of the league. When Favre retires, (or God-willing someone finally puts him out of his misery) I guarantee all of those so-called play-making receivers will fade into obscurity. Look what happened to Freeman, Brooks, etc. without Favre

AliasNeo15
so ur saying every reciever that has played in a GB uniform is useless unless they hav #4 at the helm?laughing out loud
Good God almighty. As long as Ahman Green is in a Packer Uniform, those recievers will be good. Do u even remember the Monday night game? The recievers did all the work and Favre was almost blowing it for them. He was throwing the stupidest passes i hav ever seen and u say that him leaving will hurt the team? laughing out loud Man, i havnt laughed this hard for a long time.

But, u r right that the team will be hurt when Favre is gone. I kind of take him for granted sometimes. I dont really look at him like the majority of America does. He has a great arm, but if u had film for every game he played last year, u would see that the 60 yard bombs he throws are usually to a reciever that is triple covered while there's a wide open guy he could hit with a 20 yard pass. I hope he plays a little while longer, and i hope no one puts him out of his misurystick out tongue

By the way, wut misery?laughing out loud

boxofdeath2.0
Green Bay receivers are just like Denver running backs. As soon as those receivers leave Green Bay, they're trash (see Freeman, Antonio; Brooks, Robert). And just as soon as Denver running backs leave Denver, suddnely they're no longer running for 1500 yards a season (see Gary, Olandis). Just wait and see how much Portis' production drops off this year in Washington. And see how well those "play-makers" in Green Bay do without Favre.

Just beacsue you have good stats doesn't make you a good player.

SAtown_punk
First of all, Washinton will be fairly god this year. Secondly, Green Bay will not make it past the first round this season. Thirdly, virtually every team at the start of the season will be contenders, and I can't wait for the season to satrt. Fourth, Cowboys V. Colts in Super Bowl.

AliasNeo15
This is hilarious. GB recievers dont even hav great stats. Its the plays they make. None of them got 800 yards recieving this year. Get ur facts straight before u talkthumb up

AliasNeo15
speakin of the Redskins, the pack are playing them this year. Thats gunna suk. That's a team i dont want to play now. Sure, they lost Champ but in return, they got Portis. Then they already hav arrington at LB and that guy is a stud. And once again, they signed Shawn Springs, and him and Champ are like shutdown corners. So wut they did was they traded the best CB in the NFL and got A top 3 RB and in the mix, got another friggin CB. They are officially the Yankees of the NFL. Oh, and they also got Brunell, who's hometown is in my area, so, ya, thats gunna suceek!

LeAtHerRFace
Really?... D, ur my bud. Thats my fav team too!. Happy Dance

LeAtHerRFace
I liked them for... about 7yrs.

boxofdeath2.0
The Redskins will be better, but they won't be that good. Portis has to prove himself outside of Denver, and I don't think he'll be nearly as good in Washington. They have absolutley no offensive line, while Denver has one of the top 5 in the league. Mark Brunell hasn't been good in about 5 years, and he's 33 years old for crying out loud. Shawn Springs used to be good as well, he used to have talent but hasn't shown any since he went to the Pro Bowl in 1998.

And calling Portis a top 3 RB in the NFL is laughable at best.
Running backs I would rather have than Portis: Holmes, LT, McCallister, Williams, J. Lewis and Faulk are 6 RB's I'd much rather have than Portis.

AliasNeo15
OK box, u hav a point by saying i was wrong about a top three RB, but I'll show u laughable with ur own words;
Williamslaughing out loud Faulklaughing out loud and McCallisterlaughing out loudlaughing out loudlaughing out loud
Ricky Williams has been figured out. He is a vertical runner with a stiff arm while Faulk is in an offensive system that has a problem at the QB position. And y the hell did u bring up Duce McCallister. That piece of trash couldnt lick the dirt off of Rudy Johnson's shoes. I would say the #1 RB is Jamal Lewis and that may only be because he is in a RB system, and he will never reach 2000 yards again cus TO will actually make the offense balanced. The #2 RB would be a tie between LT and Priest Holmes. Priest surprisingly does better because of the offense he is in, which isnt even a running offense, and LT in my opinion could be the best RB but he's in the wrong system with no O-Line. Then Green and Portis are pretty much in the same league when it comes to skill. Green has the all around game and he can read holes like no other, but Portis has the speed advantage. When it comes down to it, the top RB would be:
1. Tomlinson
2. Holmes
3. Lewis
4. Green/Portis - Im soooooo sorrylaughing out loud
6. Alexander
7. McCallister
8. Williams
9. James
10. Taylor
11. Faulk
12. Henry
13. Barber
14. Martin
15. George

DeNiro
yea i have liked them for years also.

Jeff_Atello
dallas just signed Marcellus Wiley...so, they add another great DE to an already amazing defense. My god.

AND they are close to a deal with Drew Henson, plus there is the possibility that they may sign Vinnie Testaverde. Wow.

DeNiro
God the Packers are great all around especilly thee offensive line. I mean Brett Farve is amazing no doubt, he can throw up a 60 yard pass to a packer with double coverage and still land it in the packers hand. But without the offensive line that gives him so much time i doubt he would be as greta as he is. but a say with a better defense the packers would deffintly go all the way next year.

AliasNeo15
yathumb up

AliasNeo15
Id say the Superbowl is guna be between the Pack and New England, but Pats are prolly gunna winthumb up

Cinemaddiction
..and Stephen Davis is where in that list?

Jamal Lewis is a prime example of the wonders of cocaine when you're an athlete. Talk about being a "speed freak". roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't even see how you could put Tiki Barber and his crippling fumblitis in ANY Top 20 list, and exclude Stephen Davis, who was actually, statistically in the Top 10 in Rushing for 2003, as well as led all rushers in the post season.

By the way, Cowgirls won't be back in the hunt until they can sign a decent punter, quarterback, and recieving core.

As for the Packers, same old story. beth will throw just as many TD's as interceptions in one of his last seasons.

I expect the Buccaneers to be contenders once again, after cleaning house and reworking their entire time, dropping Keyshawn and Lynch, adding on some big name talent.

leatherface12
Well I know there are a lot of packer fans on here but personally I like my hometown team the Carolina Panthers. And they could have won the super bowl if it wasnt for that last damn kick. Man that pissed me off so much that I felt like punching the kicker in the face. Well at least we got close and I hope they will be in the next super bowl.

Linkalicious
how about them 49ers? did they Fcuk up or what?! Duh, lets lose our starting quarterback and both of our best recievers.

leatherface12
Yep they screwed up.

DeNiro
U know the Pats are a all around amazing team but I am seriously getting sick of them. I flipped when I saw the playoff game between Raiders and pats when they called that bogus pass call he had the ball he went to throw then he brought it back clear as day. Got his ass tackled and fumbled it I mean how easy of a call was that to make from the sidelines but to miss it after reviewing a play. Come on thats BS

I just think that Farve will be a lil bit smarter after the last game he played and dominate even more next year. And Green is just going to get better with experience.

AliasNeo15
yathumb up
oh and to the 9er fans, im sorry that the post dynasty has ended. They are going to be a sorry team for quite a long timelaughing out loud

DeNiro
I always liked the 9'ers but they are going to suck now

AliasNeo15
yalaughing out loud

Cinemaddiction
Garcia and T.O. weren't all that great. Apparently they weren't working out, and were sent packing. They'll rebound.

Besides, now Terrell is in Philly, where he'll get used even less than he did by the Niners.

AliasNeo15
laughing out loud thats funnylaughing out loud

Jeff_Atello
Cinemadiction...Cowboys have a pretty good receiving unit, and it can only get better when they sign Keyshawn Johnson. As for the quarterbacks...they have just signed Drew Henson to an 8-year deal, and they are in talks with Vinnie Testaverde as well. That seems like a damn good 1st and 2nd string QB line-up to me.

AliasNeo15
ya, NFC is gunna be ok next year, well atleast better than last year. He wont hav a friggin Cinderella team go to the SuperBowl to represent us. God, i hate the AFClaughing out loud

Jeff_Atello
And look at the Eagles! My God! They are definitely a super-bowl caliber team now, with the arrival of Terrel Owens.

botankus
So how does the departure of Taylor, Staley, and Vincent figure into that?
Oh, I forgot. Any halfway-decent team is a super-bowl caliber team nowadays.

Jeff_Atello
I don't know about that, but the loss of those 3 doesn't make a huge difference. They just have to become even more of a throwing team than they already were.

AliasNeo15
wut about dem CB's. Taylor and Vincent were way to much to lose, so they'll be scoring 35 points, but they'll giv up 35 points, cus they hav nothing in the secondary except for Dawkins who is a studwink

boxofdeath2.0
Not that I'm defending the 49ers or anything, but it's always hard to tell with them. After Montana left, people said the 49ers were done. Then Young leads them to a couple NFC Championships and eventually wins a Super Bowl. Then Young retired, and people said they were done, and Jeff Garcia comes out of no where and puts up the best numbers by a 9er QB in history. He may not have led them deep in the playoffs, but they were there nonetheless

Now don't mistake me for a 49er fan or anything, just don't write them off to quick.

boxofdeath2.0
Stephen Davis is on life-support! How old is he now? 41? 42?

boxofdeath2.0
Throwing the ball more wont make up for losing 2 of the top CBs in the league. The only reason the Eagles even got to the NFC Championship the past 3 years is b/c of their D. Signing Kearse will help, but he hasn't been good since his rookie year. If he can stay healthy, he's a monster, but that is a very big "if".

Their only hope on offense is to throw the crap out of the ball, but McNabb's arm isn't that great and he's very injury prone. In addition, TO is their only weapon. They are so one-dimensional that its comical. Nobody is going to repsect their running attack, so TO gets double or even triple-teamed all game. And when TO doesnt get the ball enough, he's gonna start complaining. The fans will turn on him, Reid will turn on him...I'm excited, I can't wait!

And how long will it be until Philly implodes? If McNabb, TO, or Kearse gets hurt, they are pretty much screwed. And all three have a history of being very injury prone.

Cinemaddiction
Life Support? Clever. He just turned 30, in only his 8th season in the league.

You might be confusing Stephen Davis for Emmit Smith.

AliasNeo15
laughing out loud dude, he runs like a 40 year-old alright. That is the story of the O-Line does the workyes

Cinemaddiction
Offensive line has nothing to do with an opposing team's secondary, which he whips past on runs.

He must be doing something right to finish 6th in the NFL in rushing w/ 1,444 yards, rushed for seven 100-yard games in 2003, set a record for 4 straight 100 yard rushing games w/ a new team, as well as have led all rushers in the post season.

The Panthers are a short distance running team. Pounding the ball through the middle, and passing to 2 of the NFL's best recievers the other half of the time.

Guys may want to brush up on your stats before you talk shit, and make yourself look so out of the know.

boxofdeath2.0
just because someone is fast doesnt make him good. and davis isnt even that fast, he's not a speed running back. if anything, he's a power running back.

and it's not like he was always breaking 90 yard runs like your post implies. most of his runs were 4 or 6 yard gains up the middle. so when you pound th ball up the middle and control the clock (like the panthers did), its mainly the offensive line that is doing the work.

and him leading the postseason in rushing yards is completely pointless. a) they played more games than everyone but the patriots b)theyre a running team (b/c they have a good OL), so of course he's going to have a lot of rushing yards

AliasNeo15
whoa nowlaughing out loud
someone wants to get there point really acrosseek!
Um, were not really talking shit when he say Stephen Davis is an old person that is in his early 30's. Dont take it personal buddylaughing

AliasNeo15
smart personyes

boxofdeath2.0
Hey! Speak for yourself! I was talking shit about Stephen Davis! He IS old. big grin

Jeff_Atello
Dallas traded Galloway for Johnson today...it's about time. Great move for them, I think. And with the acquiring of Drew Henson, and the potential acquiring of Vinnie Testaverde, they are contenders this year. Just need to draft a running back...possibly Maurice Clarrett?

AliasNeo15
I know that, but the guy was getting butt hurt about me talking about someone that he's notlaughing out loud

ebarnes
My fav team is the carolina panthers.

Alias_Neo
I think that theyve got a great defense, but this year, i dont know how they're going to do. I think their only chance is to hav a great draft. They lost half their secondary. I root for them though. They get the job donethumb up

leatherface12
Yeah another panthers fan. big grin They are my hometown team and got damn close to winning the super bowl this year.

Alias_Neo
ya, i was going for them the whole way. I didnt want Tom Brady to win cus now he's part of those rare breeds of QBs that hav won the SB twice. That pissed me offmad

leatherface12
I got pissed off when the damn kicker made the feild goal at the end of the game.

Hulkster
Wanna know what pisses me off Even more... My Eagles have blew it in the championship game 3 years in a row...

leatherface12
The eagles are pretty good but they arnt the best.

Hulkster
Sorry Hector.... But aren't we allowed to have favorite teams?

Samas-adian
Stephan Davis carried the Panthers through the whole season. They wouldnt be as good if Davis was not on the team. Teams defenses had to worry about him and less on Delhomme.
I cant wait until TO starts complaining that he aint getting enough passes. I cant wait. I might not be this season but it will happen.
The NFC east division is going to be insane with Eagles, and Cowboys and the Skin's. Hopefully the Cowboys will atleast make the playoffs again. A much improved defense and somewhat improved offense. I can see it. and hopefully Dat Nguyen makes the pro bowl and Roy Williams does well. Great players

Alias_Neo
ya, but i think they're coach is wut makes that teamthumb up

Samas-adian
Yes its true, Parcell's made the team alot better.....but they still great players who dont get that public attention. I think Dat Nguyen is a much better linebacker then the suppose great linebackers like Arrington and Urlacher.

ElectricBugaloo
no way is Nguyen better than Urlacher. The Bears have no one else on defense except Urlacher--the opposing offenses will take offensive lineman to block Urlacher on running plays! This is a testament to both his skill and the lack of his lineman's skills... He is great at sniffing out screens, he is a fast, big guy.

Jeff_Atello
Oh well...Dallas all the way baby!

Samas-adian
They do that for Nguyen. He's not huge, his is extremly fast and incrediably smart. Urlacher is good, dont get me wrong, but he's big year, he had extermly talented guys around him.. but last year Nguyen had better stats than Urlacher except that he has only 2 sacks compared to Urlacher's three..

I rather have Nguyen then Urlacher... he is an explosive linebacker with great intensity....and Parcells who enjoys big honking linebackers, loves Nguyen and would rather keep him.

Samas-adian
and for the amount of money Urlacher is making, give me Nguyen.

ElectricBugaloo
Nguyen has a lot more around him than Urlacher.

name another bear on defense

Alias_Neo
well, if u were saying this 2 years ago, id say Mike Brown, but he sucks pretty badbig grin Prolly Jerry Azuma is there next best defensive player

Samas-adian
When he had his big year, where he tackled 152 times. he had alot Colvin, Mike Brown, kieth traylor, ted washinton. McQuarters, Philipe Danials. Those are a few guys there. And also, the had alot better offense the Cowboys. And thats makes a huge difference.

And he got alot of tackles is because he had too huge giants in the front Dt positions and RB's had to run around them.

Alias_Neo
Well now Dat has Wiley to go with his big friend Laroi Glover. Cowboys will get farther but I dont know if they will be able to contend for a Championship this year. I say next year, they will hav a great chance. All they hav to do is believe that Quincy can take them to the promise land. He has the skills to do itthumb up

ElectricBugaloo
Quincy won't be the starting QB in a couple years.

Samas-adian
I do agree with you EB. I actually hate him, i dont trust him at all. He has good spurts where he is great, but then, you screws up and look, the other team has a touchdown from the interception.
To be good, Cowboys obvisualy need to get atleast a QB who is smart and does not give TO, and a great RB. They have the defence to back them up, just need a offence to atleast keep the D off the field.

boxofdeath2.0
The cowboys are already good and they have neither of those.

And to be great (at least great enough to win a super bowl), you don't need both of those. They help, but they arent completely necessary.

QCar is perfectly capable of leading a team to a Super Bowl. He doesn't make too many stupid mistakes, the problem has just been that he is the focal point of the Cowboys offense. If youre a Defensive Coordinator and you know that the Cowboys have nothing that even resembles a running attack, you blitz QCar every single play without fail. If they draft a good RB (I pray that its Steven Jackson from Ore St.) it would take a lot of pressure off of QCar, thereby keeping the defense honest and limiting Quincy's mistakes and turnovers.

Samas-adian
I dont think he has the ability to lead them to the Super Bowl. Parcells decision to sign Henson is because Carter makes a boat load of mistakes each game. But i do agree they need a great RB to make Carter good enough to go to the playoff, but if the running game is shut down...the game is over and Cowboys lost.

But teams need atleast a great player in RB or QB. but if one of them is mediocre...then the team is screwed.

boxofdeath2.0
If Trent Dilfer can win a Super Bowl, Quincy Carter can too. With a good running attack, he will be lightyears better than what he was last season.

If our running attack gets shut down we dont automatically lose. We didnt have a running attack in 2003 and still managed to win 10.

You don't need a great RB or QB to win a Super Bowl. Tampa had an above-average QB in Brad Johnson and a fairly mediocre RB in Michael Pittman and won. The Ravens had Trent Dilfer, the worst QB to ever win a Super Bowl, and who knows who they had starting at RB that year.

You don't need great skill positions to win a Super Bowl. Granted, they help, but they aren't completely necessary.

ElectricBugaloo
Tampa Bay and Baltimore also had great defenses. By great, i mean, compared to the all time defenses. The Cowboys' defense is good, but is no way at that level

Samas-adian
Well true, but if the team faces against a above average defense with a good offense with it....you rarely see the team go to the superbowl.
and Carter is no Brad Johnson or even Trent Dilfer....

Maybe not Baltimore, but Tampa Bay.. i think now Dallas is better.

Jeff_Atello
Dallas has the best defense in the NFL, and if they sign Vinny Testaverde, they will be super bowl material. And there's talk of drafting Kevin Jones or Chris Perry for their RB.

Samas-adian
Patriots, Panthers, Ravens and Dallas are the best defenses.
If Dallas get one more CB...i think they're better then the Ravens.

ebarnes
Yes I like the panthers defense also. Julius peepers is really good on the panthers defense. big grin

Samas-adian
Pepper's is a killer..but i think Jenkins is the key to that D line.
Roy Williams should of been the D rookie of the year...

ebarnes
Yes Jenkins is definately one of the top players on the panthers defense.

Samas-adian
Yep Sir ee.

But i dont think they can get back to the superbowl.

Jeff_Atello
nope

Alias_Neo
I think the Patriots are in one of those rare positions where they are going to hav a dynasty for more time than a dynasty usually lasts. they hav so many players that can play their defensive system and now they are going to hav another good draft with those two 1st round pics. They me off this year and they are going to piss me off for like 10 more yearsmad

ElectricBugaloo
if only my chiefs would go after some defensive players...all they need is a mediocre defense...

Alias_Neo
ya, their offense is something people dont see a lot. i thought their defense was ok this year, but if it was a little better, they would hav been in the Super Bowlyes

ElectricBugaloo
their defense couldn't stop a good high school's offense last year

Alias_Neo
well they were worse the year before thatlaughing out loud

Samas-adian
Yes...Manning killed them...literally....and it would of been a shut out if Indy had any sort of Defense also..
If Indy got a decent defense...they would be unstoppable.

boxofdeath2.0
yes, they would be stoppable. remember the afc championship game when manning threw about 29 interceptions? i dont think the indy defense had anything to do with that.

Alias_Neo
ya, i think it had to do with the Pats being friggin crazy in their defensive schemebig grin

I still hav faith in the Packers though. They hav all 22 starters coming back and most of them are in their prime except for maybe Brett Favreerm
Id say they will get farther than the 2nd round. They could hav beaten Philly and I know for sure they could hav beaten Carolina. They wont win the Super Bowl anytime soon, but i think they can easily be the best in the NFCwink

forumcrew
a lot of people could have beat carolina for sure.. wait turns out not really even the pats had a hard time id be carefull doubting the panthers. packers are good but philly has to step it up finnaly.. and with terrel is it their time? who knows but i bet there in the nfc championship game again

Samas-adian
Well..TO is a hit and miss...if he doesnt like anything..he whines...and that might disrupt Philly. But you never know..he might enjoy Philly and then they would be easily favs.

Yeah..Manning did throw 4 INTS..but they were still in the game until the end...and the D wasnt really stopping New England offence...

ElectricBugaloo
The Colts D only really stopped Denver, it's not like thier D did much against my Chiefs--it's just that the Chief's D managed to somehow do less

ebarnes
I think that the panthers should have won the Super Bowl. smile

Samas-adian
I know, they're d was almost as bad as KC.. Though, Manning was on fire that game, also

Alias_Neo
I think the packers are looking at their team past Favre. When he leaves, that will free 10 million dollars of cap, and right now their LB's are all under 25 years old, so they will hav those guys for a long time. Then they hav a great secondary now with the acuisition of Mark Roman and they already hav Sharper, McKenzie and Harris. I think their main goal will be to get a D-Lineman in the draft, and i bet they could get the 3rd best one cus everyone is looking at the top 4 recievers(M. Will, Reg Will, Roy Will, Fitzgerald) the top 3 QB's (Manning, Roethlisberger, and Rivers) Gallery alone on the O-line and a few people in the secondary by the name of Gamble, Taylor and Hall. If the packers just wanted to get the best player they could in the draft, this is the year to get a great player at #25.

botankus
I disagree as far as the CB position....I would take Williams and Newman over McAllister and Baxter any day.

ElectricBugaloo
Dallas got lucky with a weak schedule again...

boxofdeath2.0
Williams plays safety, not cornerback...

botankus
My bad.

Alias_Neo
Ya, cowboys need another CB. I bet they could get Gamble or Hall if they really try. Deangalo is a little faster but Chris is the hard hitter that the cowboys wantyes

botankus
Hall would be gone by their pick unless they trade up and I think, pardon the pun, Gamble's too much of one to take until late first. They'll have a chance to pick Gamble. God, I hope my team, the Steelers, don't pick him.

Alias_Neo
hmm, i say the steelers go for a CB, so im guessing they're guna himlaughing out loud

ElectricBugaloo
there's talk of the Steelers taking Rivers

Alias_Neo
that would actually be another good move, but i think that the steelers need someone that will make an impact now. Rivers would sit the bench for 3 years before he gets to see the playing fielderm

Jeff_Atello
Draft is here!!!!

Alias_Neo
the packers sucked it up, and the Chargers had the best draft ive seen in a long timeyes

Jeff_Atello
Maybe....it depends on if Rivers works out for them.

Somebody want to tell me what the hell Dallas was thinking by not taking Stephen Jackson when they had the chance? I understand that the Bills are going to suck next year, thus giving Dallas 2 picks in the first round, and possibly one in the top 5, but why pass up the only player you need to fill a gap? They got a mediocre running back at best, and one who did his best work against weak defenses. But I guess this is just Jerry Jones planning for the future.

speiderman
The Redskins are going to be great this year.

ElectricBugaloo
Detroit had the best draft.

Alias_Neo
well, i think Rivers was not the greatest trade for a Manning. They should hav asked for Ben instead. But the real reason the Chargers had the best draft is cus they are going to be set for next year. they got a 1st and 5th for next year. that alone in my opinion is worth Eli after all the crap that went on before he got drafted.

Alias_Neo
For their team's needs, i can agree. They got Roy Williams, who with the likes of Rogers, Hakim and Schroeder at WR. They might hav the best Recieving core in 3 years. If they all stay in Detroit, Harrington might set some Lion records as wellsmile

roz_voxx
who did green bay pick in the fourth round?

Alias_Neo
they traded their 4th round picks away. This is wut they drafted:

1st- CB Ahmad Carrol
3rd- CB Joey Thomas
3rd- DT Donnell Washington
3rd- P B.J. Sander
6th- DT Corey Williams
7th- C Scott Wells

Samas-adian
Dallas needed improvements in other area's also. The guy they picked aint that bad. It was too good of a chance to miss.

Alias_Neo
well, i think they felt they were getting jipped by getting the first RB, so they prolly wanted to wait till the second round. i think they got a couple more picks becus of that trade to go downthumb up

Thee_superman
Raiders
Raiders
Raiders..
That's all I'm going to say

Samas-adian
Also, Cowboy's had Jackson, and the 2nd rounder RB, high on thier draft boards and felt the 2nd rounder RB was a better deal because he was a hardworker and good guy without any injuries to him.

Alias_Neo
he kinda runs like Emit Smith too. I dont think thats a good thing. My little sister runs like Emit Smith

ElectricBugaloo
anyone could run behind that offensive line that Emmitt Smith had...

Jeff_Atello
Yes, but not everyone would fight for extra yards like Emmit would on every down.

The Cowboys did make a good move because Buffalo is not going to be very good, so dallas may have gotten a top 5 pick next draft.

Alias_Neo
yeswink

wuTa
thats right detriot baby detroit!...now all we gotta do is get rid of that ****er millen and we might acually win some games

Samas-adian
Who?

wuTa
matt millen who the president...are team was 9-7 and one game away away from the playoff so whats he do...fire the coach amd gives away our defense and best reciever and bam detriot hasnt won more than 5 games since

Samas-adian
Ahh.. but thier were probably reasons for that.

Alias_Neo
I say Detroit will be the most improved team in the NFC North, but it wont be enough to get them in the playoffs. i say they'll go 7-9 while Chicago is gunna be the worst team in the NFL. I think the Pack will be number one in the North again. Ever since the new format of divisions, the packers hav won the north every year. But the friggin Vikings might pull it off. They are going to hav a good line for a long time now that they got Kenechi Udeze who i like a lot since he's from USC, my birthplace.

LanİeWindu
As always, I am going to be the ex-home team lover and say the Tennessee Titans are going to be pretty good this year. Hopefully making it to the Superbowl, but nothing is for certain.

Alias_Neo
well, they lost Jevon Kearse, so thats gunna hurt, but he never played anywaysstick out tongue

Hulkster
I'm a eagles fan and I hope that Jevon is going to play a big part in there game. But I am more exited to see Terral Owens. I don't care for his attitude but he sure is a hell of a player.

shellie
just a carolina panthers fan here

Samas-adian
Yeah, Owens can play but look what he did with the 49ers. Kearse is a tough call.. he might not be what he was when he was a rookie.

Alias_Neo
laughing out loud u dont here that a lot. not wut he was when he was a rookielaughing

Samas-adian
Yah. he is a killer player. but this year he had 9.5 sacks....not great for a guy worth that type of money.

Alias_Neo
i say he'll hav like 8 sacks after 5 games, then he'll be out for the seasonerm

Samas-adian
Yeah maybe. I wouldnt risk money on this guy. Each time is gets injured, the less likely he will become as dominant as he was before.

Alias_Neo
ya. i think the Eagles needed to put most of their money trying to keep their defense up to date. They wont make it to the Super Bowl now cus they dont hav that defense that they were so known for. The secondary only has Dawkins now. Eagles should hav kept one of those corners and just forget about Kearse.

Clark_Kent
i'd like to see the Redskins..i watched them fail all the years with a expensive coach, expensive team..but this year i can't wait to see my former fav player Clinton Portis, and i bet Clinton will blow away the NFC east, in yards and wins...i wish the Broncos and Redskins would met in the NFL season.

Samas-adian
Their still some questions mark about the Redskins.
Springs might not be what he was.
Portis might not be as a good as he was in Denver
and Brunell, well he is getting pretty old.

But they do have a better team then last year. NFC East is going to be insane.

Alias_Neo
i think the redskins would need an O-Line for Portis to do good. We'll see this yearerm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>