Palpatines Robe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
in rots, when palpatine kills all 4 jedi and anakin turns, he walks into a different room and is seen putting a robe on. it doesnt show where he gets it, and he puts it on over his regular clothes, if you look it doesnt even close properly when he sits down. where did he get it? it seems unlikley that hed have a robe sitting around in his office, considering as chancellor i dont think hes ever been seen wearing one. is it the robe he wore as sidious during eps 1 and 2, or is it one of the dead jedis he stole?

Jonathan Mark
Do you often pay attention to wrinkled old mens' clothing and state of dress?

Decay
not often, but occasionally.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Decay
not often, but occasionally.
shock

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
shock laughing out loud

Sesse
Perhaps he would have looked ridiculous leaping around in his chancellor-outfit

Captain REX
All I saw was him pulling up a hood. I'll have to see it again.

Flammable Fun
Me too. And if you look at his robe in the Palpatine vs Mace fight, it's the same one as the one when he's anouncing the new Empire.

Sesse
A far more interesting question is that where did Yoda get a second robe?

The Jedi temple was in ruins and he fled with Bail to his ship. I doubt that its easy to find midget size jedi robes.

systemshock2
Originally posted by Decay
in rots, when palpatine kills all 4 jedi and anakin turns, he walks into a different room and is seen putting a robe on. it doesnt show where he gets it, and he puts it on over his regular clothes, if you look it doesnt even close properly when he sits down. where did he get it? it seems unlikley that hed have a robe sitting around in his office, considering as chancellor i dont think hes ever been seen wearing one. is it the robe he wore as sidious during eps 1 and 2, or is it one of the dead jedis he stole?

In the novel Palpatine simply points to the ceiling above his desk and a secret panel opens, and he floats the cloak to him and simply puts it in from there.

An interesting note is that while Anakin is watching this, he remembers himself doing a trick like that with Padme in AOTC with the piece of fruit, and remembers that Obi-Wan would've been pissed if he ever saw him do anything like that. And to reiterate just how powerful Palpatine is with the force, after Anakin finishes with his thought Palpatine mentions something to the effect that there is no shame in displaying one's force abilities if they have it.

DarthLazious
What he said.

Blue_Hefner
Originally posted by systemshock2
In the novel Palpatine simply points to the ceiling above his desk and a secret panel opens, and he floats the cloak to him and simply puts it in from there.

An interesting note is that while Anakin is watching this, he remembers himself doing a trick like that with Padme in AOTC with the piece of fruit, and remembers that Obi-Wan would've been pissed if he ever saw him do anything like that. And to reiterate just how powerful Palpatine is with the force, after Anakin finishes with his thought Palpatine mentions something to the effect that there is no shame in displaying one's force abilities if they have it.
What the hell? I never read that. We must have read different books.

Kaithen
Is it really that hard to change youre cloths. It would take up to 10 minutes....

DE Luke
Originally posted by Epsilon
Me too. And if you look at his robe in the Palpatine vs Mace fight, it's the same one as the one when he's anouncing the new Empire. No,it isn't.The robes Palpatine wears when he anounces the new Empire are all red with a gold trim and a hood.The robe he wore when fighting Mace was all red on the outside and no gold trim or hood.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by Captain REX
All I saw was him pulling up a hood. I'll have to see it again.

systemshock2
Another interesting note from the novel is that Palpatine kept his lightsaber in some real heavy statue in his office whose material somehow blocked its presence from the Jedi and security sweeps. Just before Mace and his posse went to confront him, Palpatine must've somehow anticipated it and used the force to deactivate the complex locking mechanism that kept it secure, then quietly tucked it into his sleeve just moments before Mace appeared at his door. He also used the force to turn on a secret recording device in desk that picked up all of the audio concerning the attack on him so that he could present it as evidence to the Senate later on.

Blue_Hefner
He knew Anakin would tell the Jedi.

Sith Lord Windu
Originally posted by Sesse
A far more interesting question is that where did Yoda get a second robe?

The Jedi temple was in ruins and he fled with Bail to his ship. I doubt that its easy to find midget size jedi robes.

Good point, i never realised that. Youd think with all the money Lucus spends on the movies, he could keep it consistant! mad

Blue_Hefner
Maybe they keep spares.

Kraken
you can clearly see that he had it tucked in with the clothes he was already wearing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.