Sidious on Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Decay
if darth sidious/ palpatine of tpm was caught up in a rift in time and space and was transported to earth 2006, with his force powers would he be capable of the kind of political manovering here as he was in the galactic republic? he just ends up on earth, say a month before the blockaid of naboo, with his saber and full force powers and is left to figure out where he is, how the system works, what kind of tech is available, what conflicts he can use to his advantage could he pull it off and create the first global empire? he can use political means, direct violence and war, or subtle blackmail to get where he needs to. can he do it?

DarthMaul9123
ummm......

zephiel7
Originally posted by Decay
if darth sidious/ palpatine of tpm was caught up in a rift in time and space and was transported to earth 2006, with his force powers would he be capable of the kind of political manovering here as he was in the galactic republic? he just ends up on earth, say a month before the blockaid of naboo, with his saber and full force powers and is left to figure out where he is, how the system works, what kind of tech is available, what conflicts he can use to his advantage could he pull it off and create the first global empire? he can use political means, direct violence and war, or subtle blackmail to get where he needs to. can he do it?

Self Pwnage

DarthMaul9123
he would get AIDs and die

Deception
He would cry over the fact he lost everything and jump off a building.

JaehSkywalker
... probably possible... i guess...

jollyjim311
Not in the U.S. He has no record of going to college, has never voted, and isn't Christian. But I could easily see him controlling everything behind the scenes. An iron fist in a velvet glove. He wouldn't have to worry about being racist, though. He's pro-human! Yay! Human power!

Deception
jolly do you love Sidious or something?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Deception
jolly do you love Sidious or something?
I see the joke sort of flew past you... like that bullet that flew past my head a few weeks ago.

Akira99
There was actually a very good fanfic about that on fanfiction.net that I read. I'll try to find link if anyones interested

Jam-Jul_Lison
We already got someone like Palpatine in the USA. His name is George Bush Jr. lol

DE Luke
He's no better than the rest of the US Government,they're all a bunch of idiots.

Escape81
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison
We already got someone like Palpatine in the USA. His name is George Bush Jr. lol

Not to bash or anything, and even though I consider President Bush to have a considerable intellect . . . it ain't touching Palpatine's.

=X=

You need to stop making threads

overlord
if darth sidious/ palpatine of tpm was caught up in a rift in time and space and was transported to earth 2006, with his force powers would he be capable of the kind of political manovering here as he was in the galactic republic? he just ends up on earth, say a month before the blockaid of naboo, with his saber and full force powers and is left to figure out where he is, how the system works, what kind of tech is available, what conflicts he can use to his advantage could he pull it off and create the first global empire? he can use political means, direct violence and war, or subtle blackmail to get where he needs to. can he do it? Sidious doesn't have jedi mind trick abilities so he'd have to try his best lying like Hitler and Bush. Since he doesn't have an elite group of warriors (jedi) to fool or a massive army of clones at his disposal, he'd probably fail.

Jam-Jul_Lison
Originally posted by overlord
Sidious doesn't have jedi mind trick abilities so he'd have to try his best lying like Hitler and Bush. Since he doesn't have an elite group of warriors (jedi) to fool or a massive army of clones at his disposal, he'd probably fail.

Actualy a mind trick with the force can be done by someone using either side of the force. Here is a couple of lines from ANH to support this.

Luke: I don't understand how we got by those troops. I thought we were dead.
Obi-Wan: The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

I can only recall one person ever calling it a Jedi Mind Trick. That was Watto in TPM. It is commenly known that Jedi can do them. The Sith are forgotten by most of the people. Not everyone has heard of a Dark Jedi either. But everyone has heard of the Jedi. Remember Anakin's comment in TPM when he said that no one could kill a jedi. Heck even the Trade Federation leaders that were in charge of the blockade did not like the idea of having to deal with jedi. It seems that no matter where you were at that time that everyone knew about the jedi. So it is safe to assume that most thought that only a jedi could ever do something like a mind trick so they just refer to it as a jedi mind trick.

Sorry if I rambled on a bit. I got a habbit of doing it. But I think I managed to make the point that I was trying to make.

DE Luke
You forgot about Jabba saying that it was an 'Old Jedi Mind Trick',he was the first non-force user to use that 'term'.wink

Jam-Jul_Lison
i forgot all about that. lol. Still it just shows further how well known the jedi were. In paticuler it seems for that techinque. Which is a surpise considering messing with someone's mind seems kind of wrong thing to do. You are messing with their free will. Remember when Obi-Wan used it in Episode 2. lol

Elan Sleazebaggano: You wanna buy some death sticks?
Obi-Wan: You don't want to sell me death sticks.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I don't want to sell you death sticks.
Obi-Wan: You want to go home and rethink your life.
Elan Sleazebaggano: I want to go home and rethink my life.

I saw no real reason for Obi-Wan do that. Seems more like he did not feel like being annoyed so he did it to make him go away. Seems more like something a Sith Lord might do if they did not feel like killing the person. lol

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by Jam-Jul_Lison

QFT

Tangible God
If Sidious was on Earth, he'd kill Hue Hefner and masquerade as him for a while while learning about American politics. Then he'd strike.

Legion_of_Maul
Originally posted by overlord
Sidious doesn't have jedi mind trick abilities so he'd have to try his best lying like Hitler and Bush. Since he doesn't have an elite group of warriors (jedi) to fool or a massive army of clones at his disposal, he'd probably fail.
he decieved a whole republic and you think he couldn't do a simple mind trick

overlord
No, only jedi can use jedi mind tricks, Sidious can only lie and decieve.
And I do think that that was easier in the SW galaxy than on earth because of Gungans being in charge and massive resources.
Sidious would need the leader of China as sith pupil and start a war to get the power he wants and an army of non-questioning soldiers to kill all those who resist. He'd also need all the leaders of the world to be as corrupt as possible.

HK69
Sidious knew pretty much every known technique of the dark side. He would know a dark side mind control.

felix111
if sidous was on earth i can imagine him and steven hawkins lol lol being best friends the taking over the world lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.