Darth Sidious versus Mace Windu and Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BLAK FOX
Can Sidious pull it off? Setting is in the middle of a desert on Tatooine.

tdtd
Uh.. If Mace alone could take him adding Dooku is an overkill.

Lightsnake
This has to be a straight saber duel? In a force duel, Mace might not fare too well...and Dooku's liable to kill Mace

tdtd
Uh, this is a tag team fight, they're not going to kill each other in a tag team fight Lightsnake. This is the beauty of the star wars forum.

BLAK FOX
The setting would work in Sidious' favour. We all know that his force powers are what make him uber, and if he fought them in an open space like this battle, I'm pretty sure he could restrict it to a pure force battle. I think it's close anyway.

tdtd
What exactly what Sidious do with the force that would take these two out? Shoot his uber force lightning that Mace so eloquently blocked? Unless this is DE Sidious, he doesn't stand a chance.

DarthMaul9123
i say count and mace

Decay
if sidious can find some rocks or something to throw, and keep it from being a saber fight he has an ok chance. i dont think anybody anwhere anytime has been good enough to handle mace and dooku in a straight saber fight.

DePWNZOR
Sidious gets PWND. He can't even beat one of them, let alone both together.

darthsith19
While I think Sidious could take either Mace of Dooku one on one (in ROTS when Mace beat him Sidious wasn't using the Force) he wouldn't stand long against both of them at once. Add ROTS Vader to Sidious side.

tdtd
Originally posted by darthsith19
While I think Sidious could take either Mace of Dooku one on one (in ROTS when Mace beat him Sidious wasn't using the Force) he wouldn't stand long against both of them at once. Add ROTS Vader to Sidious side.

Not this again.. Ok, Mace BEAT him regardless, and Sidious WAS trying. He is below the duo in saber abilities, and although his force abilities are better than the duo, he doesn't show anything exceptional other than powerful sith lightning.

darthsith19
Originally posted by tdtd
Not this again.. Ok, Mace BEAT him regardless, and Sidious WAS trying. He is below the duo in saber abilities, and although his force abilities are better than the duo, he doesn't show anything exceptional other than powerful sith lightning.
He lost the saber duel. He WAS faking the Force duel, GL said so himself. And if lifting three senate pods at once and chucking them at Yoda at the same time makes him good enough that he could probably toss Mace around just like Dooku tossed Obi-Wan around.

Janus Marius
GL said he was faking being weak. This doesn't translate into "Sidious was seriously uber and could have taken Mace at any time",

tdtd
Yes he faked the "I'm too weak " part.. This was after his lightning did absolutely nothing.. What an uber force user.

darthsith19
Did nothing? Mace was hardly able to hold it back. All he'd have had to do was zap Mace when Mace swung his saber over his head. or just Force pushed him out of the window.

tdtd
LOL... Yes did nothing. Oh you forgot to mention Mace had 1 arm, and no lightsaber. Way to improve your argument.

Lightsnake
That's if we believe Sidious was seriously trying with the lightning the first time

Janus Marius
He was obviously trying against Yoda. It wasn' much different in scale. ROTS Sidious is not as powerful as DE Sidious.

tdtd
Lightsnake, you're not going to contradict GL so quit trying.

Lightsnake
Td, you have a quote from GL saying "sidious was trying his absolute hardest against Mace and was in no way faking that loss?'

Janus Marius
On the flip side of the coin, we should say that Sidious playing weaker than he really is suddenly negates the fact that he was disarmed and backed into a corner. His lightning could not keep Mace back in the end.

Lightsnake
However, that Anakin was in the room and we know Sidious wanted him, especially when Mace made it clear he was just going to arrest Sidious.
It just seems to work out a little too perfectly, especially in a world where luck and coincidences don't exist

tdtd
However GL says Sidious underestimated Mace and as a result, Mace overpowered him. Good try lightsnake

Lightsnake
No, actually GL said Mace overpowers him and then Anakin comes into the room

Janus Marius
Aside from the idea of luck and coincidences not existing (Which is a debate all in itself), you are presuming one thing though: that Sidious couldn't have killed Mace Windu and still played the scenario out.

He could have said "I had to kill the jedi; they were trying to usurp power." Anakin doesn't know any better, he's still wrapped around Sidious' finger, and in any case, Anakin has already shown that he'd choose Sidious over the jedi any ways.

The main assumption for "He faked it" supporters is that Sidious needed to have everything go just like that. I disagree. From his actions against Mace Windu and his mistrust of the jedi, we already know that Anakin wouldn't have turned on Sidious if there were four dead jedi in the room. While it's very likely the case that Sidious was playing Anakin like a drum the moment he barged in, I disagree that he was able to overcome Mace Windu and save himself.

Lightsnake
That would be possible, but it'd still leave some things unassured: This way, Sidious knew without a doubt he had Anakin who couldn't go back. If he obliterated Mace on the window, there would be lingering doubts...he had to make Anakin realize what losing him really meant. Anakin took a step you couldn't go back from, killing Mace broke him, moreso than if Palpatine just showed him the corpses. Anakin's trust in Palpatine was already very badly shaken with the whole Sith Lord thing.

What better way to break Anakin, than to have him turn on the Jedi personally right there when he realized they were about to murder a prisoner, when Anakin tells Mace 'I need him'...Palp knows how much Padme means to Anakin and what Anakin's done in anger and desperation before, unlike Mace...and it just seems too, too perfect

Razielim
Anakin would be pissed as hell if he walked in on four Jedi corpses.

Palpy had to play on his emotions to turn him to the Dark Side. Anything else... wouldn't have worked. RotS Anakin isn't as dumb and rash as AotC Anakin. He's actually a bit headstrong at times.

Lightsnake
And as Palp had been lying to Ani for...over a decade, Ani may be reluctant to believe his cover story

tdtd
Janus is right and again, Sidious got overpowered and started faking after his initial sith lightning attempt went to shit, sorry lightsnake.

Lightsnake
Do you time these or sometihng?

tdtd
What do you mean time these? You're on these forums 24/7, how could I possibly time it wrong?

Razielim
Actually, the force fight was inconclusive.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Do you time these or sometihng?
Yea he does... and is your MSN messed up or something?

Lightsnake
Not to my knowledge, why?

Jonathan Mark
Not to my knowledge, why?
Well your online, but according to my friends list your offline. You must not be signed in.

Lightsnake
I'm signed in...huh, this's odd...did you block me by accident?

Jonathan Mark
I'm signed in...huh, this's odd...did you block me by accident?
Nope... that's weird.

Deception
Lightsnakes logic seems to be the correct one here..

tdtd
LOL

Janus Marius
What do you mean time these? You're on these forums 24/7, how could I possibly time it wrong?
lmao.

Hell, the both of you are here more than I am.

Lightsnake
Lazy final few weeks of school.

Janus Marius
Wish I had that.

darthsith19
Me too.

LOL... Yes did nothing. Oh you forgot to mention Mace had 1 arm, and no lightsaber. Way to improve your argument.
Say what? Who ever brought up him getting zapped out of the window? I was talking about he was hardly able to hold it back with his lightsaber, before he got his hand cut off.

Razielim
Without a sabre, Mace was effed as we clearly saw.

tdtd
Yup, but that's without a saber.. When is Mace going to fight without a saber?

Janus Marius
Yup, but that's without a saber.. When is Mace going to fight without a saber?

Clone Wars Cartoon. There, he clearly has some Gay Fuel and became a robot smashing machine.

tdtd
Ok well if I was a gay prepubescent child, then I'd pay attention to the cartoons.

Great Vengeance
Lazy final few weeks of school.

Yep.

PurpleSaber
Ok well if I was a gay prepubescent child, then I'd pay attention to the cartoons.
LOL!!!!

*looks around nervously, because I am actually 10 and I watch the cartoons*

Fozzyfan116
Td, you have a quote from GL saying "sidious was trying his absolute hardest against Mace and was in no way faking that loss?'

Oh god, he doesn't need one. Just why, WHY would sidious want to lose to mace? He wanted to kill him just like the other 3 and would have if he were good enough. Shut the hell up already

Flammable Fun
Well, even if he had killed Mace with his lightning before Anakin came, he'd still be cringing next to a broken window on the ground without a saber.

tdtd
lol

Blaxican Style
well, Mace Windu is black. So his chances of winning this by hismelf is about at least 86.93 percent.

Lightsnake
Why would he want to lose to Mace? To have the apprentice he's been shaping for thirteen years take the final plunge towards the dark side and prove to him the Jedi are thugs? Just look at Sidious when he's supposedly utterly weak...he has a small smile on his face and his eyes flick to Anakin.

tdtd
Lightsnake, youre still arguing with GL, therefore you are wrong.

Lightsnake
GL said "Sidious lost and never faked it?"

Great Vengeance
I recently got ROTS on dvd, Im going to watch the commentary and see for myself. I doubt it is conclusive one way or the other, Td just has his head up his ass like usual.

tdtd
Says the one that always gets embarassed on these forums. Good try GV, come back when you have something intelligent to post. And GL said Mace overpowered him, period.

BLAK FOX
Mace overpowering Sidious does not negate the fact that Sidious might not have been trying his hardest.

Janus Marius
It doesn't prove conclusively that Sidious wasn't trying either. Nor does that "I'm too weak" part. GL never said "Sidious would own Mace Windu, and he COULD have overpowered him with the force, he was just playacting." The only part that's clearly acting is when Sidious lays back and says "I'm too weak". That's it.

tdtd
YUp

Jenova
We got off topic here...

zephiel7
Sidious is PWNT

tdtd
Yup

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.