Champion vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GODSCRIBE
Wonder Woman has the advantage of speed and flight, but can she beat the Champion of the UNIVERSE?

who wins?

Takion
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Wonder Woman has the advantage of speed and flight, but can she beat the Champion of the UNIVERSE?

who wins?

Yes, but not by a lot.

Space M ummy
Wonder woman does not have a speed advantage. All of Champ's physical stats including speed/reaction time are in the "limitless" category. For the record, Champ has no limit to his speed, strength, or stamina. Champ is powered by the power primordial and can fight indefinitely without tiring and does not need sleep, food, or air His durability is so high that only attacks on the molecular level would do any significant damage. He *should* also be a much, much better fighter, having mastered every fighting style that exists in the marvel universe over millions of years.

Problem is, he's almost never written this way and jobs to EVERYONE under the sun. Classic case of performance not matching up to his stats.

Dinalfos
Who is this Champion guy? Is he the one who challenged Earth's superheroes to fight him in a boxing contest?

Space M ummy
Thats the one. He's an elder of the universe along with Runner, Collector, Grandmaster, etc. And as such...can't be killed, also.

who?-kid
She-Hulk kicked Champions ass. Wonder Woman > She-Hulk.

Dinalfos
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Thats the one. He's an elder of the universe along with Runner, Collector, Grandmaster, etc. And as such...can't be killed, also.

No, but he did allow Thing to break one of his ribs laughing

Space M ummy
Originally posted by who?-kid
She-Hulk kicked Champions ass. Wonder Woman > She-Hulk.

That's part of the problem with Champ. Writers routinely ignore his stated abilities and he tends to job where he shouldnt., especially in a humor comic where Gladiator was tricked into fighting by someone "insulting his haircut" and Surfer losing at ALL, especially when he's beaten champ within an inch of his life on several occasions before.

For forum battles, everyone fights to the best of their abilites regardless of any PIS. At full potential, Champ is stronger, as fast, more durable, and a hell of a lot more skilled than wonderwoman is.

Again, part of the problem. Champ can survive blowing up a planet and falling from orbit, but a punch from thing cracks a rib?

who?-kid
Champion isn't that great. He claims to be this top fighter, but hasn't much impressive feats.

Basically, he is just an ordinary Class 100 brawler.

Space M ummy
?

Space M ummy
Champion doesn't claim he's a top fighter, Marvel does via their handbooks. Per Marvel, Champion has been competing for millennia throughout the galaxy before being defeated. I think that puts him just a hair above wonder woman in battle experience.

As for feats, Champ has busted a planet TWICE, with and without the gem and it's arguable it did anything for him anyway since per marvel his strength was infinite before he got it.

And I hate to beat a horse to death, but enough with the "class 100" thing. Anyone with strength levels from 100 tons to a billion tons is "class 100." Hulk is Class 100. Thanos is Class 100. Galactus is Class 100. The living Tribunal is Class 100. If Wonder Woman was in 616, She'd be Class 100, too.

who?-kid
And I hate to beat a horse to death, but enough with the "class 100" thing. Anyone with strength levels from 100 tons to a billion tons is "class 100." Hulk is Class 100. Thanos is Class 100. Galactus is Class 100. The living Tribunal is Class 100. If Wonder Woman was in 616, She'd be Class 100, too.
To be honest, I don't know for sure if he's really Class 100, but I would be surprised if he wasn't.

And I know what Class 100 means : being able to lift much more than 100 tons. That's pretty obvious.

It isn't the best system there is, but it's better than nothing. Wonder Woman still wins though.

Space M ummy
To be honest, I don't know for sure if he's really Class 100, but I would be surprised if he wasn't.

And I know what Class 100 means : being able to lift much more than 100 tons. That's pretty obvious.

It isn't the best system there is, but it's better than nothing. Wonder Woman still wins though.

I'd say it's worse than nothing, since lumping Colossus and Tyrant into the same strength class is more than a little confusing. doing away with "class" altogether and just going via feats like DC does is the better option.

Rather than simply saying "wonder woman will win" and being done with it- why not propose a situation and tactics where she would win? Would she use speedblitz? raw strength? fighting skill?

I don't see an area where Champ doesn't meet or exceed her abilities, and he definitely has the edge in endurance. Can wonder woman keep up a fight for weeks, months, years, or decades without eating or sleeping or resting to heal? Because Champ definitely can.

Darth Kal-El
Wait how come some people i heard on the forums say Champion has lousy fighting abilities such as when he was fighting THanos but others say he is a superb h2h fighter and knows many fighting skills.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Wait how come some people i heard on the forums say Champion has lousy fighting abilities such as when he was fighting THanos but others say he is a superb h2h fighter and knows many fighting skills.

Because much like precrisis superman, Champion is VERY inconsistent when it comes to his showings. Thanos didn't outfight him though- He tricked Champ into Blowing the planet apart then threatened to strand him in space unless he gave up the Gem.

who?-kid
That's the thing. When you look at his fights, you see a brawler, not this cunning martial artist you'd expect. That's why I don't take him seriously.

Just my humble opinion of course.

the Darkone
Exactly,^^^ Marvel writters jobber him to much, when not jobber he is unbeatable plain and simple.

Darth Kal-El
That's the thing. When you look at his fights, you see a brawler, not this cunning martial artist you'd expect. That's why I don't take him seriously.

Just my humble opinion of course. Some people on the forums claim he has great h2h skills. However Thanos toyed with him as if he's a rag doll.

Dayscribe
Thanos is more skilled than most give him credit for.

Anyway, Champion SHOULD win this.

Space M ummy
Some people on the forums claim he has great h2h skills. However Thanos toyed with him as if he's a rag doll.

It's not the people on the forums, marvel themselves claimed that Champ has mastered all known forms of combat over thousands of years. Since all he's done since the beginning of time (he is one of the oldest beings alive in 616) is fight from planet to planet without incurring a loss, this only makes sense.

The problem is writers choose to ignore this when writing stories that involve him. Thanos didn't beat him in H2H, by the way. He tricked Champ into defeating himself.

Madvillain
lol?

Mr. Slippyfist
WW 10/10...

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
WW 10/10...
stop playing devil's advocate champ 9999999/9999999

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by psycho gundam
stop playing devil's advocate champ 9999999/9999999 no expression

Champion sucks nuts.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Madvillain

who wins?

Didn't Ben Grimm give the Champion a good fight? Didn't She-Hulk beat him? If She-Hulk can beat him, WW certainly can.

SupremeMan
True but feats count more than word balloons. As I understand it, what the Marvel Universe writeups say about someone's power levels are secondary to actual performances which may be less or more than the official story.

That's part of the problem with Champ. Writers routinely ignore his stated abilities and he tends to job where he shouldnt., especially in a humor comic where Gladiator was tricked into fighting by someone "insulting his haircut" and Surfer losing at ALL, especially when he's beaten champ within an inch of his life on several occasions before.

For forum battles, everyone fights to the best of their abilites regardless of any PIS. At full potential, Champ is stronger, as fast, more durable, and a hell of a lot more skilled than wonderwoman is.

Again, part of the problem. Champ can survive blowing up a planet and falling from orbit, but a punch from thing cracks a rib?

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by SupremeMan
True but feats count more than word balloons. As I understand it, what the Marvel Universe writeups say about someone's power levels are secondary to actual performances which may be less or more than the official story. At least some people get it...

Alfheim
Didn't Ben Grimm give the Champion a good fight? Didn't She-Hulk beat him? If She-Hulk can beat him, WW certainly can.

True but feats count more than word balloons. As I understand it, what the Marvel Universe writeups say about someone's power levels are secondary to actual performances which may be less or more than the official story.

Ok here are some feats easily throwing off Collosus, Savage Hulk, Doc Samson, Wonder Man, Namor, Thing, Thor and Sasquacth.

Then after these guys had recieved training he humilated them all. Some of the fights were inconclusive but Champion was still winning as in the case of Thor and would have probably beaten Savage Hulk.

Was beating the crap out of SS and SS had to sue his blasts because he couldnt take him physically. SS does have some MA skill because a severaly weakened SS beat Abomination.

He beat Mantis in 2 seconds flat.

Eventhough She-Hulk beating Champ was PIS she stated Champ would have beaten the other guys without the power gem anyway.

LittleMac
How to change your IP address. It might not work for everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.