Why Batman is the Best

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
I was at my sister's graduation ceremony today at IU, and the inspirational speaker there for that day was Michael Uslan himself! eek! I had no idea that he was an IU alumni before this. Anyways, for the people who don't know who Michael Uslan is, he was the first person ever to create a comic book course at a college in history. He thinks of them as Greek and Roman gods that still exist to this day, except they are in capes and tights. He was also talking about his experience with Stan Lee and all this stuff about how he worked at DC as well. He has written numerous Batman comics over the years. He always wanted to persue his dream, and his dream was to produce a Batman movie that gave him back his birthright. Meaning he wanted to show a darker, scarier version of Batman that Bob Kane wanted to have in the beggining, rather than the tongue-and-cheek version that was portrayed by Adam West. He went to every studio and heard the same thing over and over. "Michael you're insane. People don't want to see another Batman movie that's just a goof off..." etc. After ten years of persistence, he finally caught a break and produced the Batman movie he always wanted to do (Batman 89). Since then, he has produced many other films and also executive produced Batman Begins. His message was to never give up your dreams. You'll be rejected a lot. You're going to have doors slam in your face. The best thing to do, is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and knock again at other doors until your knuckles bleed. He also said to follow your dream and to pick something that you absolutely love for a job. A job that you can wake up to on a rainy Monday morning and say, "Man, I can't wait until I get to work today!" Always follow your dream job and never let a few rejections stop you. Anyways, he threw in there, that Batman is obviously his favorite. He said that "Any comic book geek would tell you that Batman doesn't posses any real super powers. He can't crawl up walls like Spider-man or leap tall buildings in a single bound like Superman. What Batman does posses, though, is a commitment in a belief that 'one person can make a difference in the world.' That's his greatest super power." I thought he was an awesome inspirational speaker and was very interesting. BATMAN RULES! rock

Takion
COOL

batdude123
Originally posted by Takion
COOL

yes

smiley8
Never a truer word spoken!! If you tell someone that batman is your role model then people laugh at you, but it isn't the man that people have admired for decades, it is what he represents and that is the most important!

batdude123
Originally posted by smiley8
Never a truer word spoken!! If you tell someone that batman is your role model then people laugh at you, but it isn't the man that people have admired for decades, it is what he represents and that is the most important!

I agree. yes

Dark Shazam93
I hate those people who take the piss if you read cmics!!!!

Punkyhermy
BATMAN RULES!
big grin

batdude123
Indeed.

Dark Shazam93
Amen to that!

Scarecrow756
Originally posted by smiley8

Wise words indeed Smiley!!!! cool rock

smiley8
Thanks! smile

Alec Brood
Batman is indeed the best there is, best there was and best that ever will be. Bruce "The Batman" Wayne.

batdude123
Originally posted by Alec Brood
Batman is indeed the best there is, best there was and best that ever will be. Bruce "The Batman" Wayne.

laughing

Dark Shazam93
Amen to that, Brother!

batdude123
Originally posted by Dark Shazam93
Amen to that, Brother!

yes

braz
lol. awesome thread. yea, 'fraid to say it, but the Bat is the best. one thing i like is that he's only peak human, and still doesnt rely on guns for example like the punisher, and yet, still remains to be the greatest comic character ever, and up there with the best, as far as fights go.

Dark Shazam93
Uhhh... fighting skill he is one of the best but he would still lose in a one-on-one fight to most heroes... without prep and gadgets!

batdude123
Uhhh... fighting skill he is one of the best but he would still lose in a one-on-one fight to most heroes... without prep and gadgets!

Blasphomer! mad stick out tongue He wouldn't lose to MOST, he'd lose to a lot though.

braz

too bad most of the time, he DOES have prep n gadgets. stick out tongue

Dark Shazam93
That's what I'm saying! But how many times out of 10 is he gonna beat Wonder Woman? Or Superman w/o Kryptonite? Or Goddam Green Lantern?

batdude123
That's what I'm saying! But how many times out of 10 is he gonna beat Wonder Woman? Or Superman w/o Kryptonite? Or Goddam Green Lantern?

Well, he's beaten Superman with sonics. But this thread isn't about who can and can't beat Batman, it's to express exactly why Batman is the best of all time. cool

Dark Shazam93
He just IS, man!

batdude123
DAMN STRAIGHT!

Dark Shazam93
Amen to that, Brother Batdude!

batdude123
Well, Batman pwns everybody! rock

Dark Shazam93
yes

batdude123
So, does anybody else have some questions, comments, thoughts, or in-puts?

HellMaster93
Nah, just agreements!

batdude123
Well Knightfall aka Syndicate Lord aka Dark Shazam aka HellMaster, NOBODY'S GONNA ARGUE THAT BATMAN IS THE BEST!!!!!!!! That's because he freakin IS! rock

HellMaster93
yes And I', impressed you remember all my names... unless you checked my profile...

batdude123
Originally posted by HellMaster93
yes And I', impressed you remember all my names... unless you checked my profile...

Nope. I remembered all of your names w/o having to look in your profile. big grin

HellMaster93
Cool...

batdude123
Indeed. yes

Alec Brood
Obsessions...

Batman is just the man.

dawsey28
Why is Batman the best?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050729015439

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/batman.html

http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72032&sid=ec06c34b3aba3f7e2685d775f5a0d9d8

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363873&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

That's why.

batdude123
Originally posted by dawsey28
Why is Batman the best?

http://www.comicboards.com/comicbattles/view.php?trd=050729015439

http://agent0x7.tripod.com/batman.html

http://superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72032&sid=ec06c34b3aba3f7e2685d775f5a0d9d8

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=363873&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

That's why.

rock

HellMaster93
yes Bad assness personified...

batdude123
Wow, I'm surprised that Wrathful Dwarf hasn't posted on this thread. erm

Demoness93
Cool... I prefer X-Men but my fiancee would definitely agree with you. I reckon Batman is just too dark etc. I'm Mrs HellMaster93, by the way...

batdude123
Originally posted by Demoness93
Cool... I prefer X-Men but my fiancee would definitely agree with you. I reckon Batman is just too dark etc. I'm Mrs HellMaster93, by the way...

Well, nice to meet you. big grin I hope you have fun on KMC. wink

HellMaster93
LOL... Bats would thrash teh X-Men single handed with a little prep... MUAH HA HA HAAAAAA!!!!!

batdude123
Damn straight. Hell yeah!!!!!!!! Happy Dance

batdude123
I'm not letting this thread die! mad

Black Adam
Originally posted by Demoness93

welcome to KMC

Black Adam
Originally posted by batdude123
I'm not letting this thread die! mad

like you wont let the cyclops vs wolverine thread die mad

UltimateStryfe
hey, Batman One-Million.
He'll keep this thread alive!

UltimateStryfe
i say:

The Very Persona of Batman is the best.
it doesn't matter which incarnation, version, or person:

"the world will always need a Batman..."

Bruce Wayne

smiley8
What a sentence!

HellMaster93
Nah... it DOES matter which incarnation. Noone beats BRUCE!

batdude123
Originally posted by Black Adam
like you wont let the cyclops vs wolverine thread die mad

stick out tongue

UltimateStryfe
ooooooooooooh burn.
anyway.
when's batman 2 coming out? big grin

HellMaster93
2008...?

sojame
cool me

HellMaster93
What!?

UltimateStryfe
what's what?

HellMaster93
The uy just posted " me"...

UltimateStryfe
oh...

HellMaster93
Indeed... nice new sig!

jandcbat
All I know is that Batman rules and that Batman Begins made me a believer once again. That is without-a-doubt the best comicbook film since Christopher Reeves first appeared as Superman. Batman Rules!!!!!!!!! And he can kick any other hero's @$$!

batdude123
rock

Scarecrow756
Here is a link to Batman tribute speech that I did in English class. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393964&highlight=batman+speech

smiley8
Great speech, your reasons for liking batman are good as they are more than 'he is a good fighter and can beat people up'!

Scarecrow756
It was more centred around hobbies the why Batman is the best.

HellMaster93
Batman just is the best..

... except for Daredevil... shifty

batdude123
Come on people! mad Post some more!

smiley8
What do you want us to say, we all agree that batman is the best!

batdude123
I know, just some other input. Happy Dance

jessigem
why does he need a reason to be the best? he automatically is...

HellMaster93
Snore...

batdude123
Originally posted by jessigem
why does he need a reason to be the best? he automatically is...

He is the best. Happy Dance

01ZERO
THATS CRAZY THOUGH. WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT IT HIS GREATEST FT ISNT MAKING COMICS A COLLEGE COURSE BUT BRINGING BILL FINGER AND BOB KANE BATMAN TO LIFE. NOT TIM BURTON. HES NEVER READ A COMIC BOOK IN HIS LIFE! laughing

HellMaster93
Caps lock...

batdude123
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!! eek!

Jigsaw13
Christian Bale and Val Kilmer were the only good Batman.

HellMaster93
Val... kilmer...? And this thread isn't about the actors, Jigsaw!

batdude123
YEAH! mad stick out tongue

HellMaster93
yes

batdude123
I was at my sister's graduation ceremony today at IU, and the inspirational speaker there for that day was Michael Uslan himself! eek! I had no idea that he was an IU alumni before this. Anyways, for the people who don't know who Michael Uslan is, he was the first person ever to create a comic book course at a college in history. He thinks of them as Greek and Roman gods that still exist to this day, except they are in capes and tights. He was also talking about his experience with Stan Lee and all this stuff about how he worked at DC as well. He has written numerous Batman comics over the years. He always wanted to persue his dream, and his dream was to produce a Batman movie that gave him back his birthright. Meaning he wanted to show a darker, scarier version of Batman that Bob Kane wanted to have in the beggining, rather than the tongue-and-cheek version that was portrayed by Adam West. He went to every studio and heard the same thing over and over. "Michael you're insane. People don't want to see another Batman movie that's just a goof off..." etc. After ten years of persistence, he finally caught a break and produced the Batman movie he always wanted to do (Batman 89). Since then, he has produced many other films and also executive produced Batman Begins. His message was to never give up your dreams. You'll be rejected a lot. You're going to have doors slam in your face. The best thing to do, is to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and knock again at other doors until your knuckles bleed. He also said to follow your dream and to pick something that you absolutely love for a job. A job that you can wake up to on a rainy Monday morning and say, "Man, I can't wait until I get to work today!" Always follow your dream job and never let a few rejections stop you. Anyways, he threw in there, that Batman is obviously his favorite. He said that "Any comic book geek would tell you that Batman doesn't posses any real super powers. He can't crawl up walls like Spider-man or leap tall buildings in a single bound like Superman. What Batman does posses, though, is a commitment in a belief that 'one person can make a difference in the world.' That's his greatest super power." I thought he was an awesome inspirational speaker and was very interesting. BATMAN RULES! rock

For the people who forgot the reason of the original intent of this thread... big grin

HellMaster93
laughing out loud

batdude123
What's so funny? confused

mattador

Nice yes

HellMaster93
What's so funny? confused IDK... just realised that Zero n00b was pema-banned though... Happy Dance

batdude123
IDK... just realised that Zero n00b was pema-banned though... Happy Dance

Oh. laughing

batdude123
Originally posted by mattador
Nice yes

Yup. big grin yes

HellMaster93
YO, NIGGAZ, BATMAN IS DA BEST, INNIT YO YO YO RESPEC BO SEL:ECTA INNIT YO! I'll never understand chav language but it sure is funny... laughing laughing out loud

batdude123
laughing

Scarecrow756
YO, NIGGAZ, BATMAN IS DA BEST, INNIT YO YO YO RESPEC BO SEL:ECTA INNIT YO! I'll never understand chav language but it sure is funny... laughing laughing out loud

The master of sarcarsim does it again. stick out tongue

batdude123
yes

batdude123
thumb up

HellMaster93
Thankyou... thankyou... *bows*

batdude123
laughing

HellMaster93
This thread needs to stay on track... URGENTLY!

batdude123
Yes. yes Anyway, Batman is the best! cool

Sea King
Yes. yes Anyway, Batman is the best! cool

i also like him lots (just incase nobody knew) cool

not as much as Aquaman though

HellMaster93
*cough* Namor rip- off *cough*

batdude123
*cough* Namor rip- off *cough*

laughing However, I like Aquaman more than Namor. erm

HellMaster93
OHG MY GOD!!!!

batdude123
no expression

HellMaster93
Are you serious...?

batdude123
Yes, I like Aquaman more than Namor. However, that's off topic....

HellMaster93
I can't believe it!!!!

goddess_athena
Some months ago i found it without troubles but now that i really need it, i can't find it...

Could someone tell me how many martial arts does batman knows?

I know he knows a lot, but i need the exact number, does anyone know?

I even found this information in wikipedia back then but now isn't there, i need to know because of *secret*, but yeah i will tell you all why i need it once i know how many ^^uuu

Thanks

batdude123
Originally posted by goddess_athena
Some months ago i found it without troubles but now that i really need it, i can't find it...

Could someone tell me how many martial arts does batman knows?

I know he knows a lot, but i need the exact number, does anyone know?

I even found this information in wikipedia back then but now isn't there, i need to know because of *secret*, but yeah i will tell you all why i need it once i know how many ^^uuu

Thanks

127 styles

HellMaster93
127 is right... smile Hmm... anyone care to name 'em all? Aikido... karate... judo... tai kwon do... boxing... kick boxing... jujitsu... I'm stuck!

batdude123
I don't feel like it. erm

badabing
This might help some.
http://members.tripod.com/agent0x7/dkskill1.html

braz
^dude! that is awesome. wheres the rest of all that.?? does that site give like an in-depth look into all the training bruce went under to become batman.?

goddess_athena
Originally posted by badabing
This might help some.
http://members.tripod.com/agent0x7/dkskill1.html

Thank you very much

HellMaster93
HOLY SHIT!!!

batdude123
Yep. yes

HellMaster93
Batman is best... except for Daredevil... and Spawn... evil face

batdude123
Nope, he IS the best. yes

Alec Brood
Batman and Spawn could own the world. I wonder what Batman would look like if he died and became a Hellspawn.

HellMaster93
The Batspawn! That would be acool Elseworldsy crossover thing!

batdude123
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. yes

HellMaster93
droolio Batspawnm! droolio

batdude123
laughing

batdude123
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

ilovegeeks
wow..i wish i had a dancing banana..thst site is fricken cool! big grin batman is thee man..no doubt about it

Alec Brood
Batspawn or....Hellbat!

vrempire
Batman is the best because he is a normal person that behave like an abnormal person...And that's why I like him..
futhermore, he is billionaire.. smile

HellMaster93
rock cool

batdude123
wacko

Brute predator
batman sucks evil face

batdude123
Originally posted by Brute predator
batman sucks evil face

Wrong, and the predator sucks donkey balls. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alec Brood
Opinions, opinions...

systemshock2
Batman is the best, although my favorite remains Superman =P

One of my favorite Batman moments was from the JLA cartoon. Him and Wonder Woman are in his batplane heading to her island to save some other amazon woman. Wonder Woman is explaining to Batman the history of this woman, and how her parents were killed when she was really young.

Then she says something like "What do you think something like that would do to a person?", and the reflection on the windshield in front of Batman shows him suddenly have a remorseful look, as if he to were pondering what something like that does to a person, like in his case. Great scene.

-------

Another great JLA scene was when Batman was sent to go into some Wonderland looking place that's suddenly in Gotham, all created by some little girl as she's swinging on a swing set. He was sent there to destroy her since Project Cadmus knows she can be some huge threat if she wanted to be.

But of course Batman won't do something like that. So as he approaches her swinging on her swing, he simply sits on the swing next to her and has a quiet conversation with her. She knows he's there to try and stop her, and how she can completely prevent that anytime she wanted, but she realizes that people will always only to continue to see her as a threat. Batman takes comfort in seeing how somebody with such great power can realize this, and when she gives herself up he carefully carries her back to the police and makes sure she is given the best care. Awesome scene.

coolmovies
I like tim burtons batman too the joker is outstanding . Batman begins is very good too

batdude123
Batman Begins was my favorite one.

batdude123
bump

Ha Son
no expression

Captain REX
Pointless bump, closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.