free comic book day

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dynamic One
so what cool sh!t did any of you find on this day. I found cool cover art comix nice. Hear from you all.

batdude123
I went to the comic store today, but I didn't get a free one. The selections under the "free" category sucked, so instead a got a new one.

Dayscribe
I didn't find anything I didn't already own. The same damn group of Superman fanboys was there again! One of them said that Batman could take the Silver Surfer because Batman is a ninja.

Worst. Logic. Ever.

FG725
yeah nothing of any interest civil war was sold out so were alot of others so i didnt get any

diabloman
i got 3 free comics at the comicbook store today but there not worth jack i dont think cause it says on them free comicbook day.

Scoobless
Free comic day? wtf??? What the f**k?

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
Free comic day? wtf??? What the f**k?

Yep. Today is free comic book day all over America. You get to choose from any of the shitty comic books they have listed as free for that day. big grin

Dayscribe
Runaways isn't too bad.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
Yep. Today is free comic book day all over America. You get to choose from any of the shitty comic books they have listed as free for that day. big grin

We need these announcements BEFORE it happens. I could've gotten my free comic, darnnit.

erm

batdude123
Originally posted by DigiMark007
We need these announcements BEFORE it happens. I could've gotten my free comic, darnnit.

erm

Well, you didn't miss much. They don't put very good comic out for the free deal. sad Besides, I didn't even know about it until today when I walked into my local comic book store.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by batdude123
Well, you didn't miss much. They don't put very good comic out for the free deal. sad Besides, I didn't even know about it until today when I walked into my local comic book store.

Haha...good for you. Meh, I'll catch it next year.

Lucid Lui
I wanted the X-Men/Runaways crossover, but they were all gone. All the other free comics were crap.

Much better selection last year.

batdude123
Haha...good for you. Meh, I'll catch it next year.

Yep. yes Remember, it's the sixth of May. wink

Grimm22

erm

Well thats why you should go to www.newsarama.com

Your source for all your comic book previews, reviews, interviews, ect..

Yes I am a walking advertisment big grin

Grimm22
mad

Damnit im so mad!

I missed it again for the 2nd year in a row.

If my Local Shop actually did FCBD then I it would be good, but rather I have to go out of my way to the only shop that does it where I live which is about 35 miles away sad

Rick/Genis
Free Comic book day made me end up spending 133 dollars!!!! mad

smiley8
Wow, in the usa you guys get discounted comics, here in the uk, we get a pack of free comics, everyone gets the same ones! they're not that godd, but hey beggers cant be choosers!

AJ4LIFE
yeh we get sucky selections i dont even bother they suck so badly

DigiMark007
Next weekend b*tches! One of my 3 favorite days of the year.

I'm planning to see Iron Man, buy a crap ton of comics at discount prices, update the Authority respect thread (maybe not that day, but as a result of FCBD, since I'm buying a bunch of their cameo appearances that day that I don't currently have).

big grin

chithappens
What day exactly?

spidey-dude
Next weekend b*tches! One of my 3 favorite days of the year.

I'm planning to see Iron Man, buy a crap ton of comics at discount prices, update the Authority respect thread (maybe not that day, but as a result of FCBD, since I'm buying a bunch of their cameo appearances that day that I don't currently have).

big grin reported cause i found that offensive

Priest
Reported for being a idiot.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by chithappens
What day exactly?

Saturday, May 3. It's fairly universal, at least here in the US, so you should be able to walk into a comic shop and get yours. There's generally 6-7 comics to choose from that are specially made by the major companies for FCBD. But for me the big hook is that my local shops have everything on sale, and the one guy lets me take 3 free ones instead of 1, so it's just a great day to buy comics.

Originally posted by spidey-dude
reported cause i found that offensive

K. So pointless attempts at ruffling my feathers aside, have anything to add about FCBD?

Starscream M
the fact that such a day exists is hilarious

Soljer
Originally posted by Starscream M
the fact that such a day exists is hilarious

Why? It's great publicity.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Soljer
Why? It's great publicity. eh...I don't think anyone who doesn't already buy comics knows anything about it at all.

WrathfulDwarf
Instead of having a cheap free comic, why not just give a discount on all comic book purchases day?

Starscream M
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Instead of having a cheap free comic, why not just give a discount on all comic book purchases day? because then the storeowners would lose profit...they don't if they give away comics no one would buy anyways

also, ppl might abuse it by saving up their purchases for that day

Kelmech_Ra
Instead of having a cheap free comic, why not just give a discount on all comic book purchases day?

They are doing both at the comic shop I go to!

Free comics, trades and back issues are all 50 percent off. I don't remember if any of the new comics will be on sale or not...

I plan on spending at least 30 bucks on comics saturday!

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Starscream M
eh...I don't think anyone who doesn't already buy comics knows anything about it at all.

You'd be surprised by the extra business they get that day. They're playing it up this year with the release of Iron Man.

And I was talking to my local guy. He says the day costs him about 100-200 dollars that he'd have otherwise, which is peanuts to any legitimate business. If it means they sell a bunch of comics for one day and make a bit less money, so be it.

ScarletSpeed
Originally posted by Dayscribe
I didn't find anything I didn't already own. The same damn group of Superman fanboys was there again! One of them said that Batman could take the Silver Surfer because Batman is a ninja.

Worst. Logic. Ever.

laughing

spidey-dude
Instead of having a cheap free comic, why not just give a discount on all comic book purchases day? every year they have a halloween sale on everything in the store at my comicbooks store. in the spring they have a sale to.

Darth Vicious
I usually dont even look at the "Free Comics" table. Either is something crappy, something I already have, some black and white crap no one wants or something Ive never heard of. They should really give back by giving away brand new issues.

Scoobless
It's fairly universal, at least here in the US.....

This is why the rest of the world hates you.

stick out tongue

Troop
So Digi is American, didn't know that.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Dayscribe

Worst. Logic. Ever.

Thats priceless. laughing

ExodusCloak
Myspace(No I don't use Myspace) has Free Comic Book Day. X-Men/Runaways from last year.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=92159514&blogID=388259447

foresthouse
My bf and I went to Hole in the Wall books in VA. He picked up the free X-Men and an older-era looking one, and I took the Superman one and something called "The Stranded" (Virgin/Sci-fi) that looked interesting.

They also had some older comics from the '90s that they were giving away to clear out some space, and they said to take as many as I wanted, so I picked up...6 issues of "X-Man" (feat. Nate Grey), 3 X-Force, and 2 X-Force & Cable (that's mostly what they had). One of the "X-Man" ones wasn't technically a free one, but when I told the guy I liked Deadpool he went and found one in the back that had Deadpool in it and gave it to me free (yay!). I also bought an old Deadpool (Issue 14 - $1) and a couple of old "Uncanny Origins" ones (they look a bit cartoony, but hey! 50 cents!). The '90s comics might not be, you know, top-of-the-line issues, but still. That's a good haul of free comics.

starlock
Iron man-not sure what issue
Remo Williams set-1-9

DigiMark007
I only took 1 free comic (I could've taken 3) but I made a killing on Stormwatch comics I had been meaning to buy for a while.

willRules
I was given 7 free comics. The X-men one that centred around Pixie was the best, although Hellboy and the free reprint of issue 1 of Cable's new series was OK yes

llagrok
No free comics in Norway sad

WickedDynamite
Just got back....got tons of goodies. One of the assistants try to give me a free Iron Man comic....that's when the store manager told him "No, not him...you don't want to upset him" The assistant look at me and said, Okay.

Silly Noobs! Got my comics and thank the manager....THANKS MARK @ Golden Apple!

smile

Blair Wind
I never know when free comic book day is sad I heard Stuff of Legend was for free. Pretty good (if long between issues) series).

chomperx9
when is there gonna be a free comicbook day with barcodes on the books ?

JakeTheBank
I liked the Iron Man/Thor one

GGS
I missed the X-men Pixie one and was almost reduced to tears by it. I got like 12 other comics though.

still they are worthless compared to

PIXIE

PIXIE

PIXIE

sob.....

I enjoyed The Iron Man/Thor, Cowa by Akira Toriyama and Sixth gun and Archies Jughead comics the most.

GGS
Did anyone get the tiny titans comic? I missed that as well!!!!!!1 ARGHJGjdjd!

Sobs.

Kazenji
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Just got back....got tons of goodies. One of the assistants try to give me a free Iron Man comic....that's when the store manager told him "No, not him...you don't want to upset him" The assistant look at me and said, Okay.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

you and your hate for Marvel......

as for this event i only got the two Iron Man comics, Iron Man/Thor and Iron Man/Nova thats about interest me from this years lot.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.