What's Your Favorite Zombie Flick???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Comicbook_kid
Here are a few of my favorite and most popular "zombie" movies out there...I know there are as many "zombie" flicks out there as they're vampire and werewolf flicks, if not more...

If there is one that I don't have on the poll that's your favorite, and if you don't see your favorite listed in the list below, please post a comment telling us why your favorite should get honorable mention....well, here goes...

1. Night of the Living Dead (original)

2. Night of the Living Dead (remake)

3. Dawn of the Dead (original)

4. Dawn of the Dead (remake)

5. Day of the Dead

6. Land of the Dead

7. Return of the Living Dead

8. Zombie (Lucio Fulci's)

9. 28 Days Later

10. Resident Evil

I didn't have enough room to put them on the poll, but I also wanted to mention "The Dead Hate the Living" (which I thought was surprisingly good), and "Creepshow" which could also be considered a "zombie" flick due to two of the scenes involving the living dead (and one of my all-time favorite's too)....so, if I left out some honorable mentions, please post them.....

C-Dic
"Shaun of the Dead" or "Biozombie", and "28 Days Later" is NOT a zombie flick.

Dusty
Zombies don't interest me.

'Hocus Pocus' has a zombie in it. That movie has always been a halloween classic.

C-Dic
Classic? Hardly.

Mider
dudes you gotta put gates of hell by fluci lucio, watch part one not two if you wish to see it its excellent TRUST ME!

Wolfie
What? No Dead Alive? Blasphemy!

Dead Alive would get my vote. But of your list, I voted for the original Dawn of the Dead.

Deano
Originally posted by Mider
dudes you gotta put gates of hell by fluci lucio, watch part one not two if you wish to see it its excellent TRUST ME!

gates of hell....is that 'the beyond?

thats a good zombie film, but i dont really class it as a zombie film. it doesnt feel like one. same goes for braindead(dead alive) and 28 days later.

my personal favourites are

night of the living dead
let sleeping corpses lie
dawn of the dead
day of the dead
zombie flesh eaters
undead
return of the living dead

some of my fav asian zombie films are:

junk
versus
bio zombie
wild zero

steverules
Dawn of the dead original. No doubt.

Mider
no its not the beyond its called gates of hell, priest hangs himself causing a severe autrocity to take place, his body comes back and the dead begin to rise sounds boring huh? need to see it you wouldnt think its boring after you sat through that freaky movie

Impediment
From your list, I choose the original Night of the Living Dead, but I also love Shaun of the Dead. BTW, C-Dic is right: 28 Days Later is not a zombie flick. It's about disease ravaged humans run amok.

Zilverz
You guys are crazy ... nothing on that list beats out
Day of the Dead (1985)

BackFire
Gates of hell sucks.

Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead are the best.

Mider
why does gates of hell suck it was excellent not just people running away from zombies but it actually kept you guessing what was happening, and the gore was over the top.

BackFire
It was boring, didn't give a shit what was happening. Had like two good gore scenes, the rest was lame. Zombie and The Beyond are the best of Fulci's zombie movies.

C-Dic
Originally posted by Zilverz
You guys are crazy ... nothing on that list beats out
Day of the Dead (1985)

I love "Day of the Dead" to death (no pun intended), but it's got A LOT going against it. Bad scoring, bad dialogue, bad acting, unlikeable characters, and a bland premise to name a few.

The gore quotient more than makes up for it all, as does well, Joe Pilato's entire performance, but when I compare it to all the other zombie movies I've seen, "SOTD" is the total package.

Originally posted by Mider
why does gates of hell suck it was excellent not just people running away from zombies but it actually kept you guessing what was happening, and the gore was over the top.

Bah. "City of the Living Dead" had one thing goin' for it, which was the gut puking scene for which it'll always be remembered. Fulci was, and still is, insanely overrated, IMO. Most people that can appreciate his work will acknowledge that his scripts were bad, and his actors even worse. He created a lot of memorable scenes, but never really a memorable movie, save "The Beyond", which I still think is average at best, and was written by Dardano Sacchetti, anyway, who wrote two KICK ASS Argento flicks in "The Church" and "Demons".

BackFire
Yep, that was one of the two scenes I remember...the other was the scene where the dad killed the kid with a drill thingy. The rest of the movie was shit, just boring stuff.

I don't think Fulci is overrated, most people only recognize him for his gore and make up, which is all he did particularly well for his time, really.

Pad
Original Dawn Of The Dead for sure wink

Comicbook_kid
C-Dic, gotta agree AND disagree with ya man, on a couple of points...First I gotta disagree with ya about "Day of the Dead"...I know it gets looked down on by fans and critics, but I thought the scoring, dialogue, and acting were quite good...and believe me, I've seen A LOT of crappy acting and dialogue in horror. I also thought the characters were very likable especially Sarah, John, and "Bub"....I mean, I found myself actually concerned with what happened to these characters in the movie...
But, I do agree with you about "City of the Living Dead" A.K.A. "The Gates of Hell"....I saw it years ago, and I found myself bored with it also. I thought it was at best an average zombie flick. I too feel that Lucio Fulci and his films are overrated. I find that most of his movies have little to no plot, bad acting, bad sound, and are boring...espcially "The House by the Cemetary". The only film I really care to own of his is "Zombie". I have tried to get into his movies and like them, but no matter how hard I try, I just can't...they just don't do a whole lot for me personally. Lots of blood and gore just aren't as important to me as much as a good plot and good acting; and I feel that that is all his movies really have to offer for the most part.

WrathfulDwarf
Night of the Living Dead (original)

Zilverz
Cinnastix,

I have to agree with comickid entirely. I found (Day of the Dead) acting and dialog extremely arousing, pilato was outstanding. I mean we are talking within the realm of zombie movies here. I also do not know what it is .. but the movie seems to get better and better every time i watch it..

I did really enjoy Shaun. It is a worthy candidate. But I would have to side with a traditional horror zombie film vs a comedic one.

FinalFantsyLord
some of my fav asian zombie films are:

junk
versus
bio zombie
wild zero

I saw That versus i thought it was great so i bought the DVD

johnny cash fan
Dawn of the dead (remake), it was very bloody the zombies werent retarded, and you got to see a zombie baby. Happy Dance

T.M
What About The Evil Dead..

badsymbiote
Day of the Dead. For some reason, when I saw this as a kid, I totally underappreciated it. I remembered the endearing zombie "Bub", but not too much else. I was hard to impress as a kid, I guess. Yet, I did like "The Evil Dead", which I think is pretty ridiculous now.

Both "Dawns" are great.

My friend brought me "Dead and Breakfast"--which was about the dumbest movie I ever seen.

I would call "Shaun" a British comedy rather than a horror film and "Land of the Dead" a gigantic disappointment.

2hdude
"Shaun" is awsome!

But really "Day of The Dead"(remake) and "28 days later"

ladygrim
ive only watched 28 days and shaun of the dead where zombies are concerned

systemshock2
"Dawn of the Dead". Even though the formula has been done so many times already, somehow this movie still made it fresh. I liked how it put so much emphasis on the main characters at the mall. Really good acting too. And it was the little moments that worked, like the sniping of the celebrity-looking zombies, or the touching scenes between that guy and his new baby, albeit a zombie-one. And seeing zombies being able to run fast for the first time (at least the first movie I've seen this happen) makes them so much more threatening. And the ending, where the hero has to do what he has to do with his gun, was very sad and tragic. Plus Sarah Polley is a total babe, IMO.

Big Sexy
Agreed Dawn was great. I was thinking of the Evil Dead but they were more of demons than zombies.

Aziz!
28 Days Later

Dark Assassin
Chopper chicks in Zombietown! Woot!

xblanex
Dawn of the Dead (remake)

youd have to be a retard to choose this..

xblanex
Originally posted by systemshock2
"Dawn of the Dead". Even though the formula has been done so many times already, somehow this movie still made it fresh. I liked how it put so much emphasis on the main characters at the mall. Really good acting too. And it was the little moments that worked, like the sniping of the celebrity-looking zombies, or the touching scenes between that guy and his new baby, albeit a zombie-one. And seeing zombies being able to run fast for the first time (at least the first movie I've seen this happen) makes them so much more threatening. And the ending, where the hero has to do what he has to do with his gun, was very sad and tragic. Plus Sarah Polley is a total babe, IMO.

this was a remake, obviously its been done before.

Espantada23
The Serpent and the Rainbow...it's a zombie flick...why hasn't anyone mentioned it?I know it's all voodoo and what not but it is a zombie flick...and scares the hell out of me.

Deano
romeros dead trilogy
shaun of the dead
let sleeping corpses lie
zombie flesh eaters
return of the living dead

Mattomic
Worthy winner of the poll currently if you ask me!!! big grin

Solo
Originally posted by xblanex
Dawn of the Dead (remake)

youd have to be a retard to choose this..
What an ignorant remark.

I choose Shaun of the Dead.

Deano
dawn of the dead remake is no where near the best. ridiculous.

Mattomic
That's because you're stuck in the 70's and 80's Deano wink

We may aswell face it, our horror tastes differ greatly

I wouldn't piss on a film that you like, so why do it to a film I like??

Deano
im happy to be stuck in the 70's and 80's. you know why? because thats where all the best horror films are at. No one can argue that.

im allowed to voice my opinion. its called a discussion forum. all sorts of opinions are welcome. and my opinion is that the remake of dawn of the dead is not the best zombie movie ever. who actually voted for that by the way?

im not pissing on the film, i actually do like it.

Solo
Originally posted by Mattomic
Worthy winner of the poll currently if you ask me!!! big grin
No way in ****.

Mattomic
Originally posted by Deano
im happy to be stuck in the 70's and 80's. you know why? because thats where all the best horror films are at. No one can argue that.

im allowed to voice my opinion. its called a discussion forum. all sorts of opinions are welcome. and my opinion is that the remake of dawn of the dead is not the best zombie movie ever. who actually voted for that by the way?

im not pissing on the film, i actually do like it.

I think the fact that it's winning the poll is enough to support my arguement.....

And there are quite a few 90's movies that are as good as most of the 70's and 80's movies out there

Fair point that you have your own views and stuff......I am a fan of remakes, you are against them in a few cases, that's fine, but the fact remains that there are still some fantastic movies nowadays

It's no good being stuck in the 70's and 80's because then you miss out on all the great films since then

Espantada23
Originally posted by Solo
No way in ****.
Why wasn't the f word starred out?Somebody used the word s.lut and it was starred out,but the f word isnt?What's with that?

Deano
I think the fact that it's winning the poll is enough to support my arguement.....

well all it means is that there are people who havent got a clue about horror films.

never said there wasnt. 70's and 80's are the best decades for horror movies though. simple as that

im not against them. ive liked most the remakes that have come out. but for you to say dawn of the dead remake is the best zombie film ever and hills have eyes is the best horror film ever..well that takes it too far for me.

im not stuck anywhere. im saying that the 70'sand 80'sare the best decades for horror. and ive not missed out on any new films either, i see mostly all the new ones and most of them have been very good.

Mattomic
I can say Hills Have Eyes is the best horror movie ever if I like.....it's my opinion, i'm not asking everyone to agree with me, I can think it because it's the way I feel, simple as that, I just don't think you seem to grasp that

And did I say Dawn of the Dead remake is the best zombie movie ever??

I never said it was, just said it was a worthy winner.....because to me it's up there with the best

Espantada23
OK I think it's time for you all to take a deep breath.

deathbycorn
Shaun of the Dead
Braindead
Undead

Mattomic
Good choices there deathbycorn big grin

deathbycorn
I like comedy zombie movies the most big grin

Zombi 2 and such are cool though...

Deano
I can say Hills Have Eyes is the best horror movie ever if I like.....it's my opinion, i'm not asking everyone to agree with me, I can think it because it's the way I feel, simple as that, I just don't think you seem to grasp that

And did I say Dawn of the Dead remake is the best zombie movie ever??

I never said it was, just said it was a worthy winner.....because to me it's up there with the best

i never said you coudnt say that though did i? im expressing my opinion also. this is a discussion board. thats somethin you do need to grasp.

vintageSW77
This week its Zombie Creeping Flesh

Im sorry if anyone disagrees but the original DAWN OF THE DEAD is the greatest zombie pic ever - always will be - and when we all look like extras from said pic it still will be the f******g BOMB!!
Ive Voted and its a tie now with the remake and though its probably the only decent remake to come out it recently its nowhere near the Romero orig.

And i have to agree with Deano that the 70s and 80s ARE the golden age of horror

FACT

Solo
Originally posted by Espantada23
Why wasn't the f word starred out?Somebody used the word s.lut and it was starred out,but the f word isnt?What's with that?
I used italics around the 'c'.

By the way, saying THHE is the best horror film ever is just ridiculous. Mattomic, if you honestly think that, you need to broaden your horizons.

Espantada23
THHE...I thought we were doing zombie flicks in here?THHE doesn't have zombies.

Leathergien
Man why isnt EVIL DEAD on there!!!!

Wolfie
Evil Dead isn't a zombie movie. They're possessed, deadites, not zombies.

Espantada23
Yeah,they're deadites.

xblanex
original>remake

pretty much every movie i can think of.

NormaBates
i had a hard time choosing between 'Day of the dead' and 'Return of the living dead' I voted the last one. The humour of this insane movie won against the dark, hard atmosphere of 'Day of the dead'

Espantada23
Return of the Living Dead is the most hilarious zombie movie...cracks me up every time I see it.

Mattomic
i never said you coudnt say that though did i? im expressing my opinion also. this is a discussion board. thats somethin you do need to grasp.

I grasped that......it seems all I ever do is try and justify my opinions to you and i'm pretty much sick of it

I like the movie, it's my favourite horror movie, simple as that and in my opinion the best horror movie i've seen

Discuss away, air your opinions and views by all means......but I don't think you seem to realise that your always airing your opinions, but at the same time it's typed in such a way where you expect me to drop my beliefs and likes, that's why I become so defensive

And everytime I try to make the peace and bring a bit of friendliness, you come back with yet another negative post, let's end it here now

Deano
well no, if you look back, i stated that the remake of dawn of the dead doesnt deserve to be winning. that post wasnt aimed at you was it? no. you assumed it was.

you then went on the defensive saying:

so you see its not me who has the problem with your opinion. its the other way around.

if you want to say the hills have eyes remake is the best horror ever then thats fine. but dont get upset if people question why you made that decision.

Mattomic
I shouldn't have to take the criticism for having my own opinion though

I did not get upset, you know full well what i'm like when someone questions my opinions......it was not a personal attack at your expense, I don't like to get too serious or too personal when it comes to debates like this, but sometimes I get annoyed when people don't "live and let live" so to speak

I apologise if any of my comments have been offensive towards you though, I actually value your opinions because you know your shit when it comes to horror movies and you are a mate too

No harm, no foul......

Dejio
My favorite is Night of the Living Dead (90 remake).

Deano
I shouldn't have to take the criticism for having my own opinion though

I did not get upset, you know full well what i'm like when someone questions my opinions......it was not a personal attack at your expense, I don't like to get too serious or too personal when it comes to debates like this, but sometimes I get annoyed when people don't "live and let live" so to speak

I apologise if any of my comments have been offensive towards you though, I actually value your opinions because you know your shit when it comes to horror movies and you are a mate too

No harm, no foul......

its all cool

anyways.. you still goin to memorabilia on saturday?

Mattomic
Oh yeah!!! It's only a week away, if you hadn't have reminded me, i'd have totally forgotten about it

I am definately still willing to go, fancy tagging along??

Obviously gotta remind Lee and see what he wants to do, but if none of you guys go, I don't think i'm gonna bother

Deano
well i woudnt mind goin. somethin to do innit.

ask lee, see what he says

Espantada23
The Gates of Hell?...Is that City of the Dead?

Espantada23
You know what...yeah...it's City of the Living Dead...that movie is lame.

zslick
RESIDENT EVIL!!!

chris_64256
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r262/chris_64256/dayofthedead.gif

vintageSW77
CHOKE ON EM!!!!!!!!!!!!

RESIDENT EVIL???

Oh dear

Espantada23
I'm not saying it's my favorite at all,but Redneck Zombies is funny as hell.

vintageSW77
Will check it out i remember reading about it but ive never seen it about.
Interesting to see 28 days later at third position.

Deano
resident evil is shite.

Solo
resident evil is shite.

Mattomic
It's a good movie....it just isn't great and could be like a million times better

Deano
i never got the the vibe i got from the video game. thats why i disliked it so much

Mattomic
I hated it when I first watched it.....I still don't like it that much now, but once I stopped comparing it to the video game, I found it to be okay

Buttttt as I stated above, I wish it'd have been like 100 times better

Espantada23
Resident Evil is alright but it definately pales in comparison to other great zombie flicks.

Mattomic
Had it been exactly like the first game with the mansion and Tyrant, it wudda been up there with the best for sure, but like so many times in life.....they failed with it

vintageSW77
Resident Evil is beyond a joke..its popcorn horror that shouldve been made by a decent director.The game deserved a good adaption and they ****ed it big time.
Whereas Gates Of Hell aka City Of The Living Dead is a classic...sure its flawed but its gory and creepy and does its job.

LaHaine
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Resident Evil is beyond a joke..its popcorn horror that shouldve been made by a decent director.The game deserved a good adaption and they ****ed it big time.
Whereas Gates Of Hell aka City Of The Living Dead is a classic...sure its flawed but its gory and creepy and does its job.

i still havent seen city of the living dead. is that a fulci film?

anyone got a download of it they can hook up??

Deano
yes it is a fulci film. great atmosphere and good gore. its an ok flick overall

Zilverz
Originally posted by LaHaine
i still havent seen city of the living dead. is that a fulci film?

anyone got a download of it they can hook up??

its got shinning moments.. i actually was really into the movie but was let down with the ending ..

man just get a blockbuster online or netflix account ... itll be like what $2 to rent it

LaHaine
its got shinning moments.. i actually was really into the movie but was let down with the ending ..

man just get a blockbuster online or netflix account ... itll be like what $2 to rent it

i never heard of blockbuster online before. interesting concept. i'm gonna check it out now, thanks a lot dude

hopefully a credit card isnt needed, but that isnt likely. but i am a fan of fulci's movies -- the "cheesiness" of them addss to the nostalgia, to me. its great for atmosphere and makes me feel like i'm stepping back into my childhood when movies actually seemed bizarre and artistic.

vintageSW77
Fans of Fulci/Argento who like the music that features in the aforementioned movies check this for 80 mins of Italo horror themes put together by myself.
Features the outstanding FLASHING from TENEBRE which was ahead of its time.
http://www.uploading.com/en/files/VH0SMSJC/GOBLINITALO.wma.html

vintageSW77
Apologies to those who uploaded the above link and got 30 seconds of music
i posted the aborted upload
heres the full 80 min mix

http://www.uploading.com/en/files/HVH0JEUQ/GOBLINITALO.wma.html

vintageSW77

I read that Fulci didnt like the orig ending which was a happy one with smiles all round so he changed it to f**k up peoples heads.
Its all in a book i bought at the weekend called BOOK OF THE DEAD which is full of Zombie movie info and its great....its lead me to buy my new faveourite horror series the TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD on dvd.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Book-Dead-Complete-History-Zombie/dp/1903254337
It also mentions a zombie flick ive never seen called NIGHTMARE CITY.
Anyone seen this movie??
Is it available to buy??

Zilverz

It also mentions a zombie flick ive never seen called NIGHTMARE CITY.
Anyone seen this movie??
Is it available to buy??

yes i have them .. nightmare city has some cool scenes .. no blockbuster .. but for a zombie fan .. its worth checking out .. if youve started into the zombie literature .. check these out

Zombie Survival Guide , by max brooks
World War Z, by max brooks
Cell, by steven king

vintageSW77
will do and thanks for the recomendation

vintageSW77
i read this today and as ive lent out my Day of the Dead dvd to a pal i cant satisfy my curiosity

i heard that BUB when Dr Frankenstein takes away his walkman whispers.."im not finished"
is this true or a load of crap??

Alfheim
I just saw Dawn of the dead yesterday....yeah, yeah you guys have probably seen it ages ago.

Anyway I thought it rocked. Did you see those zombies they could beat the 100 metres record by making the zombies fast moving it changed the film completely. Well dont want to go into too much detail dont want to spoil anything.

From the moment it kicked off I was on the edge of my seat.

vintageSW77
its the best Horror remake of the past 5 years and yes it truly does rock

LaHaine
for the record, a zombie would not be able to run. rigermortus is a *****

vintageSW77
and furthermore a dead person would not be able to walk let alone run

Alfheim
its the best Horror remake of the past 5 years and yes it truly does rock

I did a bit of reasearch and found out the same person has done a remake of night of the living dead. I gotta see that too! This probably means that savini is going to make a day of the dead.

Interestingly enough he seems to be leaving the same amount of time period between each movie. Dawn of the dead can much later after Night of the living dead, same with the remakes...maybe im thinking too much.

and furthermore a dead person would not be able to walk let alone run laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.