shimarra and 5 slayers vs yoda and 15 (may vary)arc troopers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Avis
I think the vong will own. if it is WTF pwnage by the vong i will make it 20 arc troops.

Jonathan Mark
Three words...

F**k Vong threads.

Darth Avis
i like the vong. they rock. mad

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Darth Avis
eer

Darth Avis
we all have our opinions. now can someone say something about the battle?

PurpleSaber
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Three words...

F**k Vong threads.
Omg I know....

Captain REX
Originally posted by Darth Avis

shock

1) I hate the Vong. Sooo lame.

2) Slayers, which can kill Jedi with relative ease, smoosh the ARC troopers into a pulp...

Great Vengeance
The Vong win easily.

Darth Avis
then i did win my bet!

Grand_Moff_Gav
Yoda, wins...end...

Darth Avis
shimmara is equal to if not better than yoda. when the slayers are finished hacking through arc troops they will pwn yoda back into lukes backpack.

Faunus
. . .

Or the ARC troopers do what they're created to do and blast the living sh*t out of the slayers with rocket launchers and grenades, then wait for Yoda to back away from Shimrra to do the same to him. Really, Avis, the Vong aren't that good.

In a different scenario, Yoda's agility and speed allows him to engage and manhandle the slayers on his own while the ARC troopers, being the elite, tactical warriors that they are, blow the Supreme Overlord to hell.

Darth Avis
slayers are very powerful and can resist lightsaber strikes. they are very fast as well, faster than arc troopers. there amphistaffs will cut right through the troops. if they do use the heavy weapons then they will kill some of there own as well.

jollyjim311
Yeah, because ARC troopers don't know how to operate heavy weaponry effectively at all, right?

I agree with Fanus. Yoda hurls debris at them while the ARC troopers hold the line and blast the hell out of them. Once the Vong cover the distance, Yoda enters melee and the ARC troopers back away, retreating slowly while firing. Yoda and friends pull this off.

Great Vengeance
Clone troopers arent as good as your making them out to be, Yoda and Obi-wan owned them pretty hard. A slayer however, is more than a match for any jedi. And I dont see how anything is going to stop Shimmra, he is on the level of NJO Luke.

Swirly Girl
I think that ARC troopers are somewhat better than your average clone...

Mysterious Man
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Clone troopers arent as good as your making them out to be, Yoda and Obi-wan owned them pretty hard. A slayer however, is more than a match for any jedi. And I dont see how anything is going to stop Shimmra, he is on the level of NJO Luke. Those were regular clone troopers. roll eyes (sarcastic)
ARCs are named Advanced Recon Commandos for a reason.These guys are THE elite,1 ARC (according to Insider) is better than a squad of clone commandos.

I say the ARCs overpower the Slayers with hails of heavy blaster rifle fire,reverse-polarity grenades(these explode on contact,so even if a Slayer tries to deflect it with his staff,he risks himself getting blown to pieces),PLEX missle launcher(very light and very accurate and very deadly,from what Ive read).While Yoda fights them up close and then the ARCs and Yoda team up and kill Shimarra.

(ARCs have just about every single high tech equipment ever invented,that and their elite training is why they're so dangerous.)

zephiel7
I am just wondering, given Yoda's small size he would be able to get in close enough that Shimrra, (who is a lumbering oaf) would not be able to use his staff to its full range of motion. It might be easier for Yoda to land a decapitation than Luke.

Anyways I say the Vong take it. The troopers die faster than anything, and given the strength of a slayer, I seriously doubt that the PT guys stand a chance.

DePWNZOR
PT guys win. Yoda will be hacking at the slayers feet, while the ARC guys blow them to smithereens. I doubt Shimmra is gonna survive 15 rockets being shot at him.....

Faunus
To a degree, yeah. But I recall all but one of them being brought down by said lightsabers, so their resistance obviously comes with limits. And have you read Shatterpoint, Avis? An Akk hound is said to be virtually impregnable, lightsaber or not - a shot into its throat at point-blank range simply pissed it off. But what happened when one was hit by a missile? It's skin didn't tear apart, no, but the concussive force made a mush of its insides. Now, reduce the Akk's defenses to the visibly less protective slayers' skin, and you have some serious explosive ownage coming your way.

Tell me again how they're going to reach the clones through a hail of blasterfire and explosive missiles. And Avis, I'm sure the elite soldiers of a galactic army are lacking in skill to the point that they can no longer operate heavy weapons.

Originally posted by zephiel7
I am just wondering, given Yoda's small size he would be able to get in close enough that Shimrra, (who is a lumbering oaf) would not be able to use his staff to its full range of motion. It might be easier for Yoda to land a decapitation than Luke.

Lumbering oaf? Not quite. Shimrra happens to amazingly fast, and his staff is over three meters long. If you've read The Unifying Force, he manages to cage Luke in with lightning lashes of his weapon, preventing him from gaining the advantage of space. I'm sure he can manage to keep Yoda occupied for a bit, but yeah, he'd probably need to work even harder to nail the little guy.

I say you read the Republic series. Specifically, the Defense of Kamino and Obsession. The skill of a slayer is considerable, but ARCs are nothing short of amazing themselves. And while the Vong warriors can take a beating, they certainly won't be able to withstand a head-on collision with a missile.

jollyjim311
Well said, Fanus.

And just to reiterate what I said earlier...

"Yoda hurls debris at them while the ARC troopers hold the line and blast the hell out of them. Once the Vong cover the distance, Yoda enters melee and the ARC troopers back away, retreating slowly while firing. Yoda and friends pull this off."

DePWNZOR
Nice postbig grin I agree

zephiel7
what weapons are the ARC soldiers wielding?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.