Why does everyone think that Silent Hill is a great movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jenova
All my friends were like "OMG this is one of teh best horror films, gave me teh creeps and scared teh shit outta me lol" . I was excited about this film and I had high expectations. I went on a Saturday to see this movie that was supposed to scare me shitless or at least creep me out. I was the first one in the theater for this movie. When the movie started, there was only a handful in the theater. I had a bag of M&Ms in my hand and a cup of cola in the other. After the previews were done, the lights dimmed out completely and the movie started. During the very beginning of the movie, I was anticipating when the first "horror" scene will appear. Finally, the "horror" began to ensue. The first creature of unnatural proportions with a grotisque skin texture produced itself onto the scene. I was nearly on the edge of my seat waiting to see how this creature will animate. Then it came. A flood of dissapointment that is. I nearly laughed at how pathetic it was, these creatures. The way they moved so slowly and how the main character was overexaggerating her own panic. I admit, it did creep me out a little, but the sense of laughter that I had in me quickly clouded this over. The moive played through. I continued to laugh in my mind. Then came the only cool and noteworthy part in the whole movie that did manage to creep me out quite a bit for a few seconds. I will not say what this part is due to spoiler reasons but it is right near the end. This was the only part that made me want to stay. Every other part of the movie just dragged on and on and continued at its futile attempts to creep me out. The plot was for the most part "seen it, done it" type of deal that borrowed elements from many other horrow movies and managed to spew out an unintended hours of boredom and humor at how the horror portion of this movie went out the window.

Overall, it was not scary, it did manage to creep me out but not nearly enough especially considering that I was laughing more during this movie and believe me, that does not compensate for the lack of, and the plot was drawn out, too predictable, and just did not keep my interest. The cast of characters were actually decent, though far from spectacular, and yes, I am not counting those horrid CGI "demons" if they can be even called that. Is it worth seeing once? Barely. Twice? Go hang yourself if you think I do...

Comicbook_kid
Yes, I know exactly what you mean...I wasn't exactly "blown away" either....

I am a big fan of the game that the film is based on. Now, I admit I was very impressed with the first half of the film...but the second half was boring, dragged out, had little to nothing to do with the game, had a hard to follow story-line, and the ending was disappointing and confusing too. I thought the character of "pyramid-head" was pretty scary, and I loved how they made some scenes in the movie just like some of the scenes in the game....but overall, I left the theater disappointed. I wish the second half of the film could have been as good as the first half, but sadly it wasn't....and this is another "video game" movie that should have just been left a video game....just like every other movie based on a video game.

Jenova
Originally posted by Comicbook_kid
....just like every other movie based on a video game.
I agree almost full-heartitly except for Final Fantasy Advent Children. That movie was amazing and it was based on a game.

Comicbook_kid
Originally posted by Jenova
I agree almost full-heartitly except for Final Fantasy Advent Children. That movie was amazing and it was based on a game.

I didn't even think about that one because I've never seen it and I've never been a fan of any of the Final Fantasy games....but I can say without a doubt that all of the other movies that I've seen like Doom, Double Dragon, Super Mario Bros., Wing Commander, Resident Evil, Alone in the Dark, House of the Dead, Tomb Raider, etc....they all suck big time in my opinion....

The only one that I did kinda like was the first "Mortal Kombat"....that's kinda a guilty pleasure. I hear there is a movie in the works based on the "Castlevania" games...I hope they don't screw that one up too, because I really like those games...

LizzyT123
Don't expect to be blown away by ANY new horror movies out there. Majority sucks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.