Why not make a new cartoon like this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chucktaylor
We all know about the new "Wolverine and the X-Men" cartoon coming up, and already it has disappointed me. Just looking at the title itslef tells me that its another Wolverine based story. sick

The 90's cartoon was awesome. It had the original X-Men story. Great villains. Great everything, but one thing. We were only limited to a few X-Men, the rest got guest appearances and one liners. erm

The new Evolution cartoon was great. It had a lot of characters. A new style and story. But we want an X-men cartoon about the real X-Men. The Evolution cartoon has given a lot and was great but we want the same old classic X-Men flair. sad

So, I was thinking, why not make a new cartoon with the style of Justice League Unlimited? It had the classic storylines. Classic villains. And better, a grand roster of heroes. Why not implement this on a new X-Men cartoon to make a smash hit? To start off in the starting season would be like a dream team that would start us all off, then once we get midway through, put in all the X-Men! This would rid us of cartoons that would concentrate on one character alone, namely Wolverine. This type of cartoon would give screen time to every X-Men out there without abusing it! wink

What would your starting team be? What do you think about my idea? Or how will the new "Wolverine and the X-Men" stack up against a cartoon like this?

My starting team would be: Professor X, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke.

Thanks for reading my idea on my dream cartoon for the X-Men, I hope that someone would come up with a cartoon like this someday. I hope that you also agree wiht me about this cartoon! big grin

RogueWitch
I haven't heard about a new X-Men cartoon coming out... erm

But all the same I really like your idea, and you're right the 90's cartoon was really great and now that technology and graphics have advanced extraordinarily one can start a cartoon like the 90's but much better pictre and so on. also as you said they should have more of the X-men instead of so many guest appearences. yes

So, yeah I agree with you, very much! big grin

I'd like the starting team to be: Prof X, Iceman, Gambit, Rogue, cyclops, phoenix, nightcrawler wollverine and/or colossus... (wolverine is funny sometimes heh)

chucktaylor
Alright! Thanks for the reply!

Arcane
r u serious about the new wolvie show, he has 3 movies and a forth now his own show, not to mention a few games here n there

seriously get over him, there are way cooler characters out there

i like ur idea my starting team

pr x, jean, cyke, nighty, colossus, iceman, kitty, rogue

sbo
I like your idea more than the wolverine centered theme. I used to like wolverine well enough, but he's not so special that he needs to be the focal point of every single episode. I've gotten sick of the guy because he's everywhere.

I liked the 90's x-men. A new show similar to that one but with better animation would be more to my liking. The japanese version of the opening of the 90s x-men looked great.

i'd also like to see some fsster paced and more vicious fights, like you get in justice league unlimited.

NoFate007
My starting team:

Cyclops (field leader), Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, and Storm. After the first few episodes, Gambit would join the team as well.

Starting Brotherhood:

Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Sabretooth - and they'd be recruiting left and right.

RogueWitch
oh i forgot Storm heh big grin

by the way chucktaylor, tell us a little more about this show that's coming out, the one you mentioned in the beginning...

willRules
I would like a program that shows different teams each episode. So they have the avengers for a few episodes, then the x-men, then the new avengers, then the FF, then more X-men, throw in spidey and black cat and you got one cool show !!!!!

chucktaylor
While making this thread I searched the forum a bit and found this:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=381966&highlight=Cartoon

Law and behold another Wolverine focused X-Men thingy.

RogueWitch
Why? WHY? DO THEY DO THIS!? What the f**k? Can't they listen to us viewers? Wolverine AND the X-Men I mean GEEZ!

oh and thanks for the link! happy

chucktaylor
I know exactly what you feel..

Three X-Men movies about Wolverine, a new movie about Wollverine and apparently a new cartoon about Wolverine.

I'm sick of W's....

NoFate007
Yeah...I mean, Wolverine is probably overall my favorite X-Men character, but he isn't the only one that should be getting any focus. I'm kind of pissed that Cyclops got jipped out of X2 (and probably X3) even though he's the standard leader.

Mainstream
Originally posted by NoFate007
My starting team:

Cyclops (field leader), Professor X, Jean Grey, Wolverine, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, and Storm. After the first few episodes, Gambit would join the team as well.

Starting Brotherhood:

Magneto, Mystique, Pyro, Blob, Avalanche, Sabretooth - and they'd be recruiting left and right.

that sounds good

chucktaylor
Originally posted by NoFate007
Yeah...I mean, Wolverine is probably overall my favorite X-Men character, but he isn't the only one that should be getting any focus. I'm kind of pissed that Cyclops got jipped out of X2 (and probably X3) even though he's the standard leader.

Exactly!

masterkit
Yeah My god IM SO SICK OF WOLVERINE!

I mean he is kool and all but focusing on him made the other characters well...boring like Rogue no flyin no notin. Or Storm once a gain no flyin(even though she will be better in X3 that wasnt my point)

But My Team Would Be- Prof. X, Storm, Cyclops,Wolverine,Jean,Nightcrawler,Rogue, and Psylocke

Brotherhood

Magneto, Sabretooth, Mystique, Toad, Mastermind, Blob, and Pyro. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver would be in there too, but not as long as the rest.

chucktaylor
My Brotherhood would consist of what masterkit said but take our Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and add Avalanche.

Britrogue
Please tell me you're joking "Wolverine and the X-Men"???? That is the single most dire and pathetic sounding title I have EVER heard!
I tell you what? Why don't they just change the name of the X-Men to Wolverine and just have the other characters make cameos? (Which is pretty much what happens anyway). Wolverine is NOT that cool. I have only ever liked him in the movies, I despised him in the 90s series and found him to be an arrogant short arse prat in the comics, who most of the time appeared to be there purely for the sake of being there.
I'm with you guys, totally.

chucktaylor
No lies Brit...

That losuy cartoon is being made...(supposedly...)

RogueWitch
Originally posted by Britrogue
Please tell me you're joking "Wolverine and the X-Men"???? That is the single most dire and pathetic sounding title I have EVER heard!
I tell you what? Why don't they just change the name of the X-Men to Wolverine and just have the other characters make cameos? (Which is pretty much what happens anyway). Wolverine is NOT that cool. I have only ever liked him in the movies, I despised him in the 90s series and found him to be an arrogant short arse prat in the comics, who most of the time appeared to be there purely for the sake of being there.
I'm with you guys, totally.

AAAAAHAHAHAHHAAAHAHA!!! laughing

You're so right, but he was kinda funny in the old cartoons ta be honest... But you get sick of him after this much!

katie_girl09
Wolverine is cool, but he is definitely NOT the only X-man who deserves to be paid attention to.

RogueWitch
you said it girl! happy

Big Sexy
People the thing is wolverine is the money maker I guarentee if you make a movie with cyclops, storm, or beast as the main rule, the damn movie would flop. Don't blame the makers for giving the general population what they want.

RogueWitch
They don't have to have a main rule buddy, that's the thing. they didn't in the 90's cartoon, and they don't have to now.

Besides they can put Wolverine in the show, put him in every episode, no problem, but naming the whole show after him is pathetic, come on!

Big Sexy
Originally posted by RogueWitch
They don't have to have a main rule buddy, that's the thing. they didn't in the 90's cartoon, and they don't have to now.

Besides they can put Wolverine in the show, put him in every episode, no problem, but naming the whole show after him is pathetic, come on!
Yeah that I understand, the name and theme sounds a little dumb but I had no problems with the first two x-men movies even though they were a little wolverine based. People complain cyke was not in it more, but if the characters roles were reversed, the movie would not have sold what it did.

X-Woman
Wolverine gets EVERYTHING already. His own movie is in the works soon. Last time I checked, wasn't Cyke the x-men leader?

RogueWitch
Originally posted by X-Woman
Wolverine gets EVERYTHING already. His own movie is in the works soon. Last time I checked, wasn't Cyke the x-men leader?

Hehehe happy

chucktaylor
I agree 100%.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Big Sexy
People the thing is wolverine is the money maker I guarentee if you make a movie with cyclops, storm, or beast as the main rule, the damn movie would flop. Don't blame the makers for giving the general population what they want.
You sure about that?

....................Storm.............................

is it comprehensible.....

Grimm22
Originally posted by chucktaylor

My starting team would be: Professor X, Cyclops, Phoenix, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, Iceman, Rogue, Gambit and Psylocke.

NO! No Gambit mad

He is a prime example of what is wrong with comics when blatent characters are made.

Im just SO glad he's dead now smile

chucktaylor
I like Gambit! sad

And he's dead?!?!? isnt he Death? Not dead??? erm

RogueWitch
laughing Gambit isn't dead! Yet... confused

chucktaylor
Ok. Maybe he meant Ultimate Gambit eh?

The Pict
there should be a more adult x men cartoon, one that doesn't come on saturday mornings. I don't mean it should have swear words or anything just that characters fight for real. X men evolution was great but wolverine's claws never cut anyone. Plus a huge roster wouldn't work i think. You get disney cartoons with deer bein' shot and guys falling to their death off castles so i don't think parents would complain about it or anything.

chucktaylor
A Huge Roster worked for Justice League. This could help balance the screen time, and not all of them in an episode together.

Wolverine anyone?

allofyousuckkk
ive never liked wolverine..........besides.....yellow spandex? Psh

chucktaylor
His brown costume ruled lol

Big Sexy
Originally posted by InnerRise
You sure about that?

....................Storm.............................

is it comprehensible..... I'm pretty sure. I like wolverine and all but not like the general pop. I just accept it because I know thats what the general public wants. Do you know how many people outside of comic book readers like cyclops, the list is small. Half the time most people outside the comic book community have no idea who my favorites are such as Thanos, or even thor sometimes.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.