KOTOR Film(WOULD IT BE GOOD)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

starwars
Who thinks a KOTOR Movie would be good

i definetly do stick out tongue

darth vraya
Originally posted by starwars
Who thinks a KOTOR Movie would be good

i definetly do stick out tongue It would be too hard to do because the director would have to make the assumption of whether you were light side or dark side. And would have to guess upon the appearence of revan. Maybe an interactive dvd would work out but not a movie wink

Captain REX
The movie would be a Light-Sided plot, no doubt. In EU, the Light Side is the canon side.

DarthBanevv
Yeah, Rex is right. The Light Side is canon in KotOR. And Revan would be male. Appearance wouldn't really matter. The person who made the movie would know all he needed to know. Light Side and male.

DarthMaul9123
he could make versions of it with "EXTREME DGIGTAL ARTS AND MASKING TAPE"

DiamondBullets
It's very difficult to convert a video game into a movie.

KOTOR has 40+ hours of gameplay, and to try to compress it into a 2 film would = crap, cuz you're losing so much information.

But it would be cool to see Malak and Revan fight on the Star Forge.

DarthMaul9123
and nihilius as a fat person, Why aren't there any fat force users!!! haha fat people are funny.....sorry jking i just know this guy he always trips and stuff.................sorry!

DiamondBullets
^ Because Jedi training keeps you in shape. raver

Jonathan Mark
A movie on KOTOR would...

1. Never Happen

2. Suck if it did... I mean really how many non-avid SW fans even know what KOTOR is?

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
A movie on KOTOR would...

1. Never Happen

2. Suck if it did... I mean really how many non-avid SW fans even know what KOTOR is?

I think a KOTOR film would be enjoyable (or at least cool to watch) for those who have no foreknowledge.

The only problem would be cramming so much stuff into 2 hours.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by DiamondBullets
I think a KOTOR film would be enjoyable (or at least cool to watch) for those who have no foreknowledge.

The only problem would be cramming so much stuff into 2 hours.
If they did one they should make it like Advent Children all animated and like.

But I suppose it would be cool although I doubt they manage to cram it all into one movie.

Lyoko Saver
i saw the make it in episodes

that or just stick to the main quest

and show less running cause that is like 15+ hours right there
and no load times

Sesse
Interactive DVD?

Why not make a KOTOR game instead? =O

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Sesse
Interactive DVD?

Why not make a KOTOR game instead? =O

Lol.

Mišt
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
If they did one they should make it like Advent Children all animated and like.

Yeah, imagine the potential for animated Star Wars movies, you could do any timeline, any era, any characters and not be restricted by anything. They could make shitloads of animated Star Wars movies without making them into 'Episode 495', they'd all be seperate movies. And if it was something like Kotor, they could make it into its own trilogy or something so its not restrained to a 2hr flick.

I can only wish.

Sesse
Ahh... The dramatic moments ingame....

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/3119/kotor14qt.jpg
http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/9950/kotor20dt.jpg

TheBalance
On the low down for all SW Fanatics out there i have actually contacted George Lucas about the movie and he's busy right now, so it wont happen for a while, but i'm going to america to meet him about it. We have already worked out that its gonna be a Series of six movies and there are some ideas about who the actors. But we're not sure about KOTOR II!!! Questions are welcome!!!

yettoh
it would be good now the saga has ended but i dont know how they will be able to cramp all that game onto a dvd

exanda kane
Depends...if Lucas didn't touch it, it could be good

TheBalance
Originally posted by exanda kane
Depends...if Lucas didn't touch it, it could be good
u f**king bastard, piss off!

exanda kane
Originally posted by TheBalance
u f**king bastard, piss off!

?

Darth Kreiger
Video Games should never become Movies, they always suck as Movies

If the TV Show is a big hit, I'm sure they would make a KoToR ERA(not the game) show.

That would destroy the games if they made one side completely canon, and the other all false.

And "TheBalance" don't pull a Supershadow

Stripe
On the low down for all SW Fanatics out there i have actually contacted George Lucas about the movie and he's busy right now, so it wont happen for a while, but i'm going to america to meet him about it. We have already worked out that its gonna be a Series of six movies and there are some ideas about who the actors. But we're not sure about KOTOR II!!! Questions are welcome!!!

How did you get to know Lucas?

Supershadow wannabe

TheBalance
i dont even know what supershadow did
so i'm not6 a wannabe
all i did was call his management and convince them to give it a try and they said if i could prove to them it was worth it then they would consider it.
so i went around and got data from surveys, research and canon stories and put it together in a compilation then recorded a video presentation and sent it to them. George Lucas himself responded saying what i have said was feesable and he would like to meet up with me soon to talk things over, but he's busy right now so the movie will take a several years to begin (and no i cant tell u what he's busy on cause he wudn't tell me.) anyway the only reason he considered it was cause of my history and my way of approach, i wasn't "OMG, OMG, OMG" i was simply professional, (i did share my excitement and gratitude for him speaking to me, but not over the top)...

Advent
TheBalance, you're a liar. You said your name was "Tarik Vann", remember? Said you had all these credentials, and knew Lucas. Need I refresh your memory with this thread?

Originally posted by Advent
But let us take a look at IMDB. "Tarik Vann"? Did you spell your name right?

So, plainly - I've proved your a liar. Half of those "credentials" were just listing "Starred in one pro-am movie", not giving a name. The others have no mention of a guy named "Tarik Vann".

The only thing that was certified was on a Google search. Which I seem to have found "Straight Cordial", apparently a radio station hosted by "Tarik Vann", and what's even funnier is - that if you are Tarik Vann, your website sucks horribly, and for anyone who wants to see it click here. Famous my ass. You're website is uglier than all hell, and it's hosted by Tripod for Buddha's sakes.

And, apparently, you have a rat tail! LMFAO! Great haircut.

Then you pulled a dumb stunt saying "Australian google". Explain how I can find names of assclowns that have no film history outside of Japan then? And if you did star in any films, it'd be up on IMDB or somewhere on Google. I'm basing that off the fact you said this:

Have won numerous Awards for TV, Radio and recently Film

Some advice: quit lying, and stealing people's identities.

And plus, you're only sixteen years old. Don't be ridiculous, you're not a genius, you can definitely tell when someone is a genius. They at least type with proper grammar. And as well, they usually don't contradict themselves, and make shit up like this:

I Actually wrote all of that and the only place u'll find is in the Wookiepedia
i didn't write every word but i edited it all vigorously

Which can be found in this thread. You made about three or four posts with character biographies verbatim, meaning "word for word". And plus, you can just check the Wookiepedia editing history - there's several names. None that contain "TheBalance" or "TV".

And please, you can tell that you didn't write them because almost every one of your posts contain at least one improper use of grammar, whereas the biographies are practically perfect. Style and spelling don't change.

You're a bad liar. An online identity thief. You've never met Lucas. You've never talked to Lucas. And did I mention bad liar?

Coleman Trebor
Damn...

f*cked up. Advent, your not for subtlety are you?

((The_Anomaly))
TheBalance, you're a liar. You said your name was "Tarik Vann", remember? Said you had all these credentials, and knew Lucas. Need I refresh your memory with this thread?

So, plainly - I've proved your a liar. Half of those "credentials" were just listing "Starred in one pro-am movie", not giving a name. The others have no mention of a guy named "Tarik Vann".

The only thing that was certified was on a Google search. Which I seem to have found "Straight Cordial", apparently a radio station hosted by "Tarik Vann", and what's even funnier is - that if you are Tarik Vann, your website sucks horribly, and for anyone who wants to see it click here. Famous my ass. You're website is uglier than all hell, and it's hosted by Tripod for Buddha's sakes.

Then you pulled a dumb stunt saying "Australian google". Explain how I can find names of assclowns that have no film history outside of Japan then? And if you did star in any films, it'd be up on IMDB or somewhere on Google. I'm basing that off the fact you said this:

And plus, you're only sixteen years old. Don't be ridiculous, you're not a genius, you can definitely tell when someone is a genius. They at least type with proper grammar. And as well, they usually don't contradict themselves, and make shit up like this:

Which can be found in this thread. You made about three or four posts with character biographies verbatim, meaning "word for word". And plus, you can just check the Wookiepedia editing history - there's several names. None that contain "TheBalance" or "TV".

And please, you can tell that you didn't write them because almost every one of your posts contain at least one improper use of grammar, whereas the biographies are practically perfect. Style and spelling don't change.

You're a bad liar. An online identity thief. You've never met Lucas. You've never talked to Lucas. And did I mention bad liar?

That. Was.....OWNAGE. Its not often you get to see pure ownage like that around here. Nice job Advent.

But, to answer the thread question; Video games make crappy movies. However, Video games do make good video games and should be kept as video games. A KOTOR movie is the ultimate in wishful fanboy thinking, despite that if it did happen, it would suck, nor would it make much sense.

Sith Lord Windu

does anyone else smell bullsh*t, smells stong... the balance, youve got some dribbling out of your mouth, you should wipe that off, or better yet, shut the hell up.

exanda kane

Nice post, but you shouldn't be too harsh on the kid, he's just learning wink

Tangible God
Originally posted by exanda kane
Depends...if Lucas didn't touch it, it could be good Wisdom 'ol boy.

And The Balance said his name is Tarik Vann?

That sounds alot like a hunter in Fazza's Lodge on Tatooine in KOTOR, Tanis Vann. I wonder....

Sith'ari
Man I feel bad for the guy.

TheBalance
dont feel bad, i cudn't convince these guys even if i had George Lucas saying he knew me to their faces!

and my name is Tarik Vann and it does sound like a star wars name but there is no taris vann in Fazza's Lodge.
Tarik means Conqueror
William means Valiant Protector (HAHA- cool huh?)
Vann means Bathtub
SO: i'm The Valiant Conqueror of the Bathtub
Now, Would i Make that up?

also just cause i dont end up on google doesn't mean i dont exist
seriously i've got nothing to prove so i'm not gonna bother coming back on this thread, so you just wait to fell ashamed when u see my name in lights...

Advent
Silence, transvestite! You've already lost your case, NO APPEALS.

Score another win for Advent, Ace Attorney at Law.

TheBalance
Silence, transvestite! You've already lost your case, NO APPEALS.

Score another win for Advent, Ace Attorney at Law.

?

I think...

You Need...

Some Serious Help in English and Anger Management!

zephiel7
dont feel bad, i cudn't convince these guys even if i had George Lucas saying he knew me to their faces!

and my name is Tarik Vann and it does sound like a star wars name but there is no taris vann in Fazza's Lodge.
Tarik means Conqueror
Vann means Bathtub

seriously i've got nothing to prove so i'm not gonna bother coming back on this thread, so you just wait to fell ashamed when u see my name in lights...

You are clearly experiencing an identity crisis and are as a much a threat to yourself as you are to everyone else on this forum.

Advent
Let's see:

1.) I didn't attend about a decade of English classes for nothing. I didn't even spell anything wrong in that entire sentence, you dolt. I mean, I'm Japa-friggin'-nese, and I spell English better (Japanese accent kind of turns down the "speaking" part) than hundreds of thousands - probably millions - of people who are American or have learned English throughout their entire lives.

Now, the irony is:

Tarik means Conqueror
Vann means Bathtub

Things in bold:

Proper nouns need to be capitalized, so do thing such as "I've", and "I". You often unnecessarily capitalize letters that have no need, such as "would". "Cause" should be "because", "gonna" should be "going to". And in the last sentence you said "just wait to fell ashamed", it should be "feel ashamed".

Everything else is just obvious, and of course there's more in that post, but hey - I'm not going to fault you on everything. Not to mention, that's only one post. Now, if you'll so kindly find more than two spelling mistakes in my post. Oh? You can't? Yeah, because I rule at English. That's probably the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard to say that I need "English lessons". Don't mind if I "lawlipop" at that one.

2.) Now, onto the "anger management" issue. How do I need anger management? I wasn't even denoting any anger. It was a joke post with a point: you're wrong. Plain and simple.

You have failed horribly. Please try again next week.

(Some advice: Don't try.)

TheBalance
Let's see:

1.) I didn't attend about a decade of English classes for nothing. I didn't even spell anything wrong in that entire sentence, you dolt. I mean, I'm Japa-friggin'-nese, and I spell English better (Japanese accent kind of turns down the "speaking" part) than hundreds of thousands - probably millions - of people who are American or have learned English throughout their entire lives.

You idiot it was also a joke reply (this is the shitty thing with Posting you cant tell emotions), firstly you probably can't speak or write better English than me because thats what i do professionally. Also the thing i was mentioning was the fact that you called me a "Transvestite" which is confusing seeing that there is not one convo or mention about that in this entire site, but i know it was a joke!

You think i don't know?
i type like that for obvious reasons to accentuate important words cause its a message board and I'm using "Chat Lingo", and need to express myself correctly so i don't get misread like u have! Also i type very fast and don't always get it right so kill me for the one mistake, i feel so sorry that u have resorted to picking up spelling mistakes in people's messages to feel big.

Your not gonna go on because if u do you might as well bag everyone else on this entire site for every spelling mistake they've ever made, like you probably have!

You blind poor lost soul, this whole message of yours has been an example of your poor anger management. But you are funny and determined i give you that. Determined about the wrong things, but what the hey!

Have a nice day!

(Some advice: Don't try me.)

TheBalance
And dont go picking out spelling mistakes in this one that wud just be Pathetic!

Advent
Thanks! Burn in hell, Lazarus!

(Some advice: Cut off your rat tail.)

As for the rest, I've caught you in lies before, so I doubt your "word" holds much value. And don't ever say you can write or spell better than me, well, unless you're doing Stand up comedy. You can tell you don't write "professionally" by simply reading your posts. I find it highly improbable that some expert writer would change their style of typing (grammar, no less) just because they're on the internet.

So, with that in mind:

The People request TheBalance be held without bail. The defendant is a flight risk, and has prior history of lying.

Rampant ox
Its nice not being on the receiving end of Advents mega ownage for once. Not that I was ever on the receiving end... whistle

Advent
The People request TheBalance Rampant ox be held without bail. The defendant is a flight risk, and has prior history of lying being a Christopher Lee fan, can we really trust a man like that on the streets?

Sith'ari
David Boreanaz would make a good Revan.

((The_Anomaly))
Ew, David Boreanaz doesn't even make a good actor.

darthsecretus30
Who teh fuk is David Boreanaz. Is he that fruit cake from "Angel" or "Buffy teh Vampire layer" .. what a noob, But I did love Kotor. I dont think they should make it into a movie though. Theres plenty other EU that I'd rather see in a movie than that.

Tangible God

Tarik means Conqueror
Vann means Bathtub

seriously i've got nothing to prove so i'm not gonna bother coming back on this thread, so you just wait to fell ashamed when u see my name in lights... Um, yes there is. Go play KOTOR again, there's a Tanis Vann in the back of Fazza's Lodge. He's the philandering, ungrateful husband of Marlena, and you can save him from the sabotaged battle droids out in the dunes.

And yes you would make that up, because it's so ridiculous it's a perfect cover story for our "identity."

Captain REX
I'm definitely saving this total pwnage somewhere in my profile and deciding to use Advent as my secret weapon against the OTF. w00t

Darth Kreiger
Originally posted by darthsecretus30
Who teh fuk is David Boreanaz. Is he that fruit cake from "Angel" or "Buffy teh Vampire layer" .. what a noob, But I did love Kotor. I dont think they should make it into a movie though. Theres plenty other EU that I'd rather see in a movie than that.

Shadows of the Empire!

darthsecretus30
Now that would be a "Killer Cool" idea Kreiger. I'll call Mickey and see if he could talk to Lucas for us. Jumpy

TheBalance
I really dont get how you can call that ownage

TheBalance
Originally posted by Tangible God
Um, yes there is. Go play KOTOR again, there's a Tanis Vann in the back of Fazza's Lodge. He's the philandering, ungrateful husband of Marlena, and you can save him from the sabotaged battle droids out in the dunes.

My Bad, haven't played KOTOR 1 in a while and thought I'd remember a name like mine. oh and advent if u knew anything about writing u would know its the ultimate to be able to change your style of writing for whatever situation your in, in the book or on the web! and just cause i choose not to right meticulously in every post does not mean I'm shit at English, seriously dude! Plus i have been writing with one less finger cause i bung it while fire-twirling so i really cant be bothered typing everything perfect so you can understand my grammatically rigid friend! Plus you probably use spell-check on everything you right, HA!

very soon i will post my drivers license up and you'll see that i am actually him and I'll even post my RMIT Security Card with my name up on there, and that will be the last thing i post on this thread because i don't see why i have to prove myself to a bunch of Star Wars Fanatic no hoper's with no trusting soul in them.

oh and advent you'll burn in hell for that comment!

Why be so bitter!

Darth Kreiger
If you don't think you have to prove this to them, why are you posting that you will confused

TheBalance
Originally posted by Darth Kreiger
If you don't think you have to prove this to them, why are you posting that you will confused

Cause i tried for a while and it didn't work so i'm letting them have their negative closed minded thoughts and leaving them a little proof that i do exist and that i shudn't be shunned for all the things other wannabees have done and i will still be on this forum so i dont want a false reputation if i can help it!

yettoh
it would look kinda good as kotor 2 film they could do all the lightsaber fights in there its just putting 40 hours worth of gamplay into 2 hours

exanda kane
My point stands, any KOTOR film will be garbage if Lucas touches it.

Adas
No.

Darth Kreiger
Anything Lucas touches these days becomes Garbage.

No KoToR Film, bad idea

Adas
To be fair, the only EU based movies that I think would be decent would be a trilogy based on Ulic Quel-Droma. I just read his comics again, and he's by far my favorite character now. His story is as moving and as interesting as Anakin's imo.

Hewkii_Dude
it would be nice yea

Adas
I mean his story was so moving. The death of his master, his love for Nomi, his attempt at conquering the darkside from within and then being consumed by it, his slaying of his brother, Nomi cutting him from the force, his redemption, his training of Vima and learning how to be at peace with himself, his death at the hands of Hogon and his passing as a true jedi master. His story is incredible imo.

Quinlan_Vos
It'll be hard to make a KOTOR movie. But it's possible. But it won't be great like the normal SW movies, but it will be good.

I think there should a movie about Luke and the NJO, because ppl want to know what happens.

The Ulic idea sounds okay.

exanda kane
Originally posted by Quinlan_Vos

I think there should a movie about Luke and the NJO, because ppl want to know what happens.

I think thats the worst thing that can happen. RotJ, idespite the Ewoks, ended perfectly, and the audience, contrary to what you think, doesn't want to know what happened to Luke.

The Empire is defeated, the Jedi can make a return to the galaxy and Han and Leia are set to get hitched, it's a traditional live-happily-ever-after ending, and any film set afterwards would only make the OT obselete.

Tangible God
To the general audience, (the majority of them being NOT us, the Star Wars lovers) noone gives a rats ass as to what happens after ROTJ. Just like how noone wants to know what happens to Frodo after LOTR. There is a story, but it ain't movie material.

Not to mention that NJO blows.

lord griffin
smokin' i think that a KOTOR movie would be good as long as they made to follow the game, but then how would they know which route in the game would they choose. smokin'

Darth Kreiger
KoToR Universe Show = Yes

KoToR Game(or Universe) Movie = No

Nupe Kill Droma
I could see an animated mini-series, similar to (but longer than) the clone wars cartoons...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.