Darth Bandon vs. Asaaj Ventress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jollyjim311
I'm sorry that we don't know much about Bandon, but, the forum is running dry and I was in a thread-making mood.

Setting: Naboo plains.

Darth Avis
i would say bandon.

Lightsnake
Bandon butchers the little groupie

zephiel7
They make kinky love and the two skinheads produce another skinhead.

General Kon-El
Bandon.

jollyjim311
Any reasons, or do you guys just like the lack of character depth?

Antediluvian
Let me guess . . .

"B4nd0n winz cuz he is from 4000 years b4 teh ventrusses!11 lmao!"

I'm so sick of that shit. Can anyone provide evidence of Male Pale Bald defeating Female Pale Bald?

zephiel7
He was picked to be the apprentice of the dark lord in an entire order filled with dark Jedi. That speaks for his combat abilities, but I don't know whether he is stronger than Ventress. Given that Bandon was formally trained by the Dark Lord himself (at the time) he probably has more knowledge of the dark side.

Assajj was strong, but she did not benefit from training at a large database. Also given the fact that Assajj was never commented to be a remarkable force user, I find it unlikely that she could self train herself to be stronger than Bandon (who is obviously an above average force otherwise Malak would not chose him above every other force user in his dark jedi academies).

Antediluvian
Originally posted by zephiel7
He was picked to be the apprentice of the dark lord in an entire order filled with dark Jedi. That speaks for his combat abilities, but I don't know whether he is stronger than Ventress. Given that Bandon was formally trained by the Dark Lord himself (at the time) he probably has more knowledge of the dark side.

Assajj was strong, but she did not benefit from training at a large database. Also given the fact that Assajj was never commented to be a remarkable force user, I find it unlikely that she could self train herself to be stronger than Bandon (who is obviously an above average force otherwise Malak would not chose him above every other force user in his dark jedi academies).

What bullshit. You're completely pimpslapping Logic here.

This quote sums up the crap that came from your fingers:

"Bandon has awesome Combat Skills because Malak picked him as an apprentice."

^ Is that your PROOF? That's laughable.

Malak could have chose Bandon for his Force skills, Intelligence or Tactics. Malak choosing Bandon as an apprentice doesn't mean he's good at combat skills. When have you seen him good at Combat skills? He got smashed by Revan and Force pushed one guard, which didn't make him look too tough.

Asajj was a hunter. She destroyed an arena filled with warriors and gladiators and nearly defeated Anakin. She also nearly killed an accomplished Jedi Master and she escaped Anakin with her life.

To be honest, I've seen more from her than Bandon and I can see Bandon dying to Ventress' Lightsaber.

Motoko Sama
I'll give this to Asajj.

She had bouts with Obi-Wan, Anakin, Kit Fisto and a few others on several occasions. Although, Anakin ultimately defeated her, he had to give into the Darkside, because IIRC she had the upperhand in one fight. Not to mention she had killed and defeated several Jedi. As well, her work in the Cauldron shows even more of her combat skills.

Bandon has done...

Um.

Hold on...

Ah, here we go:

And, Asajj was picked up by Dooku.

Anyways, Asajj wins.

Lightsnake
Malak was a strength favoring brute...I don't see him picking someone vicious and cruel as Bandon based on much else

Faunus
Sorgo and Motoko put it nicely. I'm going with Asajj on this one.

Lightsnake
Oh, and Asajj was never meant to be a serious apprentice or find by Dooku...to him, she was a very disposable pawn

DePWNZOR
Very true......

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Oh, and Asajj was never meant to be a serious apprentice or find by Dooku...to him, she was a very disposable pawn

Let me put this out to you:

BANDON WAS A FRIGGIN' APPRENTICE, KILLED BY REVAN AND CO.

Razielim
Revan, with a possible team of two other Jedi or a real hungry wookie. Shortly before the events on the Leviathan.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Razielim
Revan, with a possible of two other Jedi with him. Shortly before the events on the Leviathan.

And?

Put up something for Bandon's side.

Lightsnake
Yeah, being killed by Revan and co is a black mark to a Sith apprentice? This is opposed to Asajj "Whiny puppy" Ventress, twice beaten by Anakin "I hate sand" Skywalker?

Razielim
He was second in a Sith Order where, as shoved down our throats the entire game the strongest rule. Malak, the strongest out of (approx 1/3 of the Order = 3,000 Sith) picked Bandon as his apprentice.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Lightsnake
Yeah, being killed by Revan and co is a black mark to a Sith apprentice? This is opposed to Asajj "Whiny puppy" Ventress, twice beaten by Anakin "I hate sand" Skywalker?

As compared to Darth "An apprentice is the only thing people can argue for me" Bandon?

jollyjim311
"There he embraced the dark side and the way of the Sith with every fiber of his being. His great strength in the Force, his natural cruelty and his absolute ruthlessness in his quest for power soon set him apart from his fellow students, and drew the calculating eye of Lord Malak himself."

"Many Jedi fell beneath the blade of his lightsaber. Some in the Sith hierarchy wondered if Bandon would someday rise to challenge Malak for the mantle of Dark Lord..."

This is as strong as an argument as you will get for Bandon, and I don't personally believe that puts him above Asaaj.

Razielim
So... people thought Bandon had a chance against Malak?

Hell, that alone could put him above Asajj.

jollyjim311
Did you miss the word "someday"?

Asaaj has shown us more than Bandon.

Razielim
Obviously. We've seen alot more of her.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Antediluvian
What bullshit. You're completely pimpslapping Logic here.

This quote sums up the crap that came from your fingers:

"Bandon has awesome Combat Skills because Malak picked him as an apprentice."

^ Is that your PROOF? That's laughable.

Malak could have chose Bandon for his Force skills, Intelligence or Tactics. Malak choosing Bandon as an apprentice doesn't mean he's good at combat skills. When have you seen him good at Combat skills? He got smashed by Revan and Force pushed one guard, which didn't make him look too tough.

I think your missing something here. He had an entire ACADEMY full of dark Jedi. If he wanted somebody for their tactical skills, HE DOES NOT necessarily have to make them his apprentice. That position warrants somebody of high force potential and skill.

Being handpicked and trained by the dark lord himself, means Bandon's dark Jedi skills were obvious. If he wanted someone who was intelligent or tactical by his side, he had Saul Karath.

Here is a quote

Where on earth does it say anything about tactical skill or awe inspiring intelligence? You have brought forth an assumption however you have not proven it.

Being defeated by Revan and company is not necessarily a bad thing. Revan was a powerful Jedi, and he also required the aid of two other companions at the time to take down Bandon.

Assajj was Dooku's disposable PWN.

Razielim
Not an Academy, and entire Order.

zephiel7
Lol, what I meant

Jonathan Mark
Being defeated by Revan and company is not necessarily a bad thing. Revan was a powerful Jedi, and he also required the aid of two other companions at the time to take down Bandon.
While I agree that being defeated by Revan is not a black mark. You assume that Revan needed help to defeat Bandon. Realisticly the other two party members would have taken on the other two lesser Sith while Revan would have taken on Bandon. Saying that Revan needed help is like saying Bandon is stronger than Revan.

zephiel7
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
While I agree that being defeated by Revan is not a black mark. You assume that Revan needed help to defeat Bandon. Realisticly the other two party members would have taken on the other two lesser Sith while Revan would have taken on Bandon. Saying that Revan needed help is like saying Bandon is stronger than Revan.

Well Revan WAS memory wiped. He hardly remembered his lightsaber forms or force skills at the time. At that point, Bandon who had trained for a long period of time may have been equal to Revan.

I don't know, until somebody publishes some stats for Bandon versus Revan, impossible to find out.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Faunus
Sorgo and Motoko put it nicely. I'm going with Asajj on this one.

Co-signed.

Antediluvian
I think your missing something here. He had an entire ACADEMY full of dark Jedi. If he wanted somebody for their tactical skills, HE DOES NOT necessarily have to make them his apprentice. That position warrants somebody of high force potential and skill.

Being handpicked and trained by the dark lord himself, means Bandon's dark Jedi skills were obvious. If he wanted someone who was intelligent or tactical by his side, he had Saul Karath.

So what if he was handpicked! That doesn't mean he was the best. He proved to fail, so he wasn't the best. We know that much already.

If he was any good, he would have done more than push a guard across a room.

And what ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

So, Bandon could not have been tactical or intelligent in order to be Malaks apprentice?

Karath was an admiral. He had to be strategic and deploy soldiers and destroy opposing fleets. He's irrelevant.

Bandon needed to be tactful and intelligent on the COMBAT GROUNDS, dude.

Tactics and Intelligence isn't just utilized with Admirals or commanders.

Jesus H. Christ.

Are you on crack?

Bandon had more "buddies" with him than Revan did. Hell, how is it canon that Revan had a party with him? I didn't see that anywhere.

For all you know, Revan walked up to him and his friends alone and wiped the floor with them.

Who's making assumptions now? Hypocrite.

DarthMaul9123
Maybe Malak was so sick of horrible sith that he would train the worst for himself, we dont know, this thread doesnt have in depth characters

zephiel7
Originally posted by Antediluvian
So what if he was handpicked! That doesn't mean he was the best. He proved to fail, so he wasn't the best. We know that much already.

If he was any good, he would have done more than push a guard across a room.

And what ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

So, Bandon could not have been tactical or intelligent in order to be Malaks apprentice?

Karath was an admiral. He had to be strategic and deploy soldiers and destroy opposing fleets. He's irrelevant.

Bandon needed to be tactful and intelligent on the COMBAT GROUNDS, dude.

Tactics and Intelligence isn't just utilized with Admirals or commanders.

Jesus H. Christ.

Are you on crack?

Bandon had more "buddies" with him than Revan did. Hell, how is it canon that Revan had a party with him? I didn't see that anywhere.

For all you know, Revan walked up to him and his friends alone and wiped the floor with them.

Who's making assumptions now? Hypocrite.

1. Have you not read the quote. It explains that Bandon was highly regarded for his saber skills, felling "many Jedi." Even if he fell to Revan, read my post. Being defeated by Revan is no shame to his dark Jedi skills. Assajj would probably have been WTFpwned. Revan had companions too.

2. As for Bandon's intelligence, again if it serves him well in battle, thats another thing he has going over Assajj. It relates to his combat abilities, which gives him an advantage over Assajj who is simply "ME ANGRY ME SMASH"

Anyways we have little evidence supporting the fact that Malak chose Bandon due to his intelligence. Here is a quote

Does it say anything about tactical ability or chosen due to his intelligence and impressive strategies? Nope it doesn't, an assumption on your part that has nill proof backing it up.

3. Took more than just Revan to take him out. Well lets see:

So we know that Revan didn't just leap in their and comence with the PWNage. Agents is plural; he had help. Again my point backed up while you continue with assumptions that remain unproven. Prove to me that Revan wiped the floor with Bandon on his own, whilst he was memory wiped.

Also according to my memory, Bandon only had TWO people with him. Again, hyperbole on your part in attempt to dismiss Bandon's abilities.

DarthMaul9123
Revan isn't incredible, i mean he couldn't even sense betrayal much less danger or he wouldv'e gotten off the ship

zephiel7
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
Revan isn't incredible, i mean he couldn't even sense betrayal much less danger or he wouldv'e gotten off the ship

Completely untrue. So your saying Sidious, Exar Kun, and Revan are useless because they could not sense the betrayal of their apprentices.

jollyjim311
Yeah, Revan is good and all, but he isn't uber.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Yeah, Revan is good and all, but he isn't uber.
yes i am saying that, not useless, but not the greatest of all sith, oh and you left out dooks

Faunus
1. Have you not read the quote. It explains that Bandon was highly regarded for his saber skills, felling "many Jedi." Even if he fell to Revan, read my post. Being defeated by Revan is no shame to his dark Jedi skills. Assajj would probably have been WTFpwned. Revan had companions too.

2. As for Bandon's intelligence, again if it serves him well in battle, thats another thing he has going over Assajj. It relates to his combat abilities, which gives him an advantage over Assajj who is simply "ME ANGRY ME SMASH"

1) And Asajj has been shown on panel ''felling many Jedi.''

We have this, this, this, this, this, and some notable Force mastery, among other things. When you can show me evidence of Bandon unleashing the ownage like this, come back.

2) Intelligence? What intelligence? We've seen him fight Trask, then get owned by Revan. If he'd had such admirable mental aptitude, he'd have brought a few dozen Dark Jedi as opposed to. . . two.

And ''me angry me smash''? Your understanding and knowledge base regarding Asajj is truly pathetic.

Plural, yeah, but tell me how much help he had. Revan may have only had Carth with him. Bandon, at the very least, had two renegade Jedi at his side. And he still lost to a mind-wiped, amnesiac Revan.

Hyperbole? Hyperbole? You can't seriously be attempting to accuse someone else of downplaying a character's abilities when your argument against Asajj was ''me angry me smash.''

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
By this logic Sidious sucks ass...

Lightsnake
Malak's move was spur of the moment as they come

Antediluvian

Revan canonically may or may not have had companions. You have no proof. I didn't have my friends with me and I kicked the crap out of Bandon and his two goons.

Asajj was one of the best of her time and she also perfected her Lightsaber form. She survived fights with the greatest (Mace, Dooku, Anakin) and she was also a very fast and powerful fallen Jedi.

Bandon? He pushed a guard across the room, brought two friends to defeat Revan and got smashed. That simple. He has no accomplishments and Asajj looks to have more available surface training than Bandon.

BTW, Asajj pwned several Jedi, including two Masters.

I said IF he had it.

Asajj is a born and raised anger and raw power machine, ready to fight and destroy. She was brought up fighting and being a Jedi. It isn't just like that.

You tell me ONCE where it says in the Databank that Bandon was chosen because of his Combat skills.

I'll be waiting.

Look! A double negative! You want proof when proof has not been shown on the opposing party! Yay for Logical Fallacy! Woohoo!

You have no proof yourself.

Does it say anything about him being chosen for his Combat abilities?

I smell hypocrisy . . . AGAIN!

Okay.

On my game, Revan walks up to Bandon and his two thugs and smashes them both alone.

There's my proof.

Revan killing Bandon with his party isn't canon. The whole game is expendable.

Oh sorry . . . He needed two helpers to take down Revan.

Wait . . . Did he take down Revan?

DIDN'T

THINK

SO!

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Faunus
1) And Asajj has been shown on panel ''felling many Jedi.''

We have this, this, this, this, this, and some notable Force mastery, among other things. When you can show me evidence of Bandon unleashing the ownage like this, come back.

2) Intelligence? What intelligence? We've seen him fight Trask, then get owned by Revan. If he'd had such admirable mental aptitude, he'd have brought a few dozen Dark Jedi as opposed to. . . two.

And ''me angry me smash''? Your understanding and knowledge base regarding Asajj is truly pathetic.

Plural, yeah, but tell me how much help he had. Revan may have only had Carth with him. Bandon, at the very least, had two renegade Jedi at his side. And he still lost to a mind-wiped, amnesiac Revan.

Hyperbole? Hyperbole? You can't seriously be attempting to accuse someone else of downplaying a character's abilities when your argument against Asajj was ''me angry me smash.''

Ownage.

Lightsnake
Asajj's exact count is 19, I believe.

Faunus
You got this from where?

Lightsnake
Dark Rendevous. Asajj says it herself

Razielim
Remember to count Jai and Maks.

Faunus
Note that there's still a year or two between DR and her supposed ''fall'' at Boz Pity: plenty of time for her later victories.

Jonathan Mark
19 is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Lightsnake
It's 19 with Jai and Maks...and not that much time, about a year...and we know what Ventress was up to practically the entire time

DarthMaul9123
hold on who all was in dooku's circle of dark jedi besides master vos and asajj and all them

Lightsnake
A lot of Dark Jedi

DarthMaul9123
haha

zephiel7
Where is the proof? Proof that he was alone when he fought Assajj. I have at least provided the proof, you are continuing to go with unsupported assumptions.

Um, as I recall, in Obsession she was able to hold of Anakin and Obi wan, and that was solely because Obi wasn't even putting his all into the fight. Remember, Obi wan wanted to save Assajj, it was Anakin who was giving it everything he had.

The description by Bioware places Bandon as a dark Jedi who felled many Jedi. And where is this BS you snapped out of thin air supporting that Assajj received more training? Bandon was trained by Malak himself, considered apprentice to the dark lord. Malak sent Bandon only on THE most dangerous missions, one of which included subduing his old master! Assajj was an expendable tool that Dooku shitted into the field. If this is going to degenerate into feat wars, then I might as well state that Ragnos is a nobody who could do diddly squat because he has never defeated "Jedi masters."

Oh and typical that you put in Bandon's defeat against Revan. Then let me guess, everybody who has ever died against a powerful combatant must be a weakling? See, your entire argument for Bandon's weakness is completely and utterly fallacy ridden.

And because Bandon was never given direct orders by Malak to kill the Jedi Masters (who were very nearly untraceable at the time), you are automatically putting Assajj over him? Ridiculous.

We are not working with IF's. Stop trying to steer the debate into wild goose chases where "ifs" matter. Bandon was chosen by Malak due to his abilitiy in the force. I still await proof for your ridiculous claim, that the brutish and headstrong Malak would choose his apprentice based on his strategic abilities. Malak had admirals to worry about strategy. My proof is later down. Keep reading.

And you dismiss Bandon as Assaj's inferior because he was defeated by Revan? He was chosen by the Malak because of his ability to fight. It is explained in the quote that I brought out earlier in my previous post. It is also stated later down.

Whatever. All bluster and no bite. Way to make a point.

I showed you before and highlighted the passage.

Dont try and deconstruct the meaning to suit what you want. Great strength in the force is just what it means. He was adept at using the force, and he sought power with it. This was to such an extent, that over an ORDER full of Sith, Malak chose Bandon as his own second hand man.

Does it say anything about tactical abilities. NO. Not at all. Keep calling me a hypocrite if it makes you happy. Hypocrite.

Oh great. I mean I am impressed by your willingness to offer proof to back up your assumptions.

I mean everything that "Antediluvian" does must be official Canon. I offered reliable information from databank while you continue to operate on assumptions. I will be waiting.

BLAK FOX
I've gotta say that I'm going with Razielm and Zephiel7 on this. They have made a very strong argument for Bandon which has been very convincing.

Razielim
I didn't really do anything . . .

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Razielim
I didn't really do anything . . .
Be we love you anyway... stick out tongue

Faunus
Where is the proof? Proof that he was alone when he fought Assajj. I have at least provided the proof, you are continuing to go with unsupported assumptions.

Asajj. . . ?

And this is bad for Asajj, how? I don't understand the purpose of this line in your argument.

And you actually have neither an argument for Bandon nor an argument against Asajj.

And Asajj was chosen by Dooku for her baldness.

Hokage Yoda
Lord Bandon

Antediluvian

Um . . . Revan fought Asajj? Did he use a Time Machine?

You're a hypocritical moron, Zephiel. Revan having his friends with him when he defeated Bandon IS NOT CANON.

Learn it, accept it, and deal with it.

Yeah, and Anakin got outmaneuvered right away. He only got a surprise attack on her when she was on the ground and had been shot.

You make so sense . . . and that works in my favor here.

Asajj was chosen by Dooku himself. And you don't think Bandon was an expendable tool? Do you think if Bandon had failed and came back alive Malak would have spared him? He was chosen because of his power and he failed his dangerous mission.

Asajj has tooled at least nineteen Jedi, Zephiel. Bandons number could be five or ten . . . Hell, you don't know if it's more or less. You're just throwing random punches and hoping they'll land.

Not to mention Bandon was defeated by a weak and amnesiac Revan. And he kicked the crap out of his goons.

There's nothing fallible here, you pseudo intellect. Bandon still wasn't good enough and got smashed. Who did Bandon defeat? What did he do that we saw that was important? Oh. All you got is a sentence saying "Bandon felled many Jedi."

And you say my argument is fallacy?

L-O-L!

Untraceable? Bandon had found Revan. I'm sure he just happened to be waiting outside for him with two Dark Jedi NOT KNOWING where he was.

His COMBAT strategics, moron! You think Strategics are just something admirals use? Are you truly that dense and stupid?

I guess in order to use tactics and strategics when defeating my opponents or using a Lightsaber, I have to be an Admiral now, right?

WRONG!

Malak obviously chose the wrong guy. Bandon got beat down. You think just because Malak chose him he is automatically some uber Dark Jedi? Yeah . . . RIGHT!

Malak was a moron who failed perpetually at stopping the group and he died against a memory-wiped Revan when Malak had Republic Soldiers' energy at his disposal. Malak had f*cked up several times. Bandon was just another f*ck up.

^ You've said that already.

Read above. I've already countered that crap.

Blah, Blah, Blah . . . Pointless insults.

Moving on:

You cannot use that as evidence of his defeat against Asajj anymore.

"He was chosen, tho!11"

^ Is that your proof of Bandon defeating Asajj? Fine, Asajj was chosen by Dooku. Oh, and Asajj didn't fail the first mission she was given like Bandon did. She had gone up against powerful Jedi and prevailed. Near the end, she was shot by surprise, not killed because a lack of skill.

^ Pointless post. Moving on:

Hypocrisy and bullshit together equals mayhem on your part, Zephiel.

Here's some of Asajj's databank, which looks much longer and more impressive than Bandons. She was chosen too, Except she's gone up against the best and has survived. She's killed Politicians, Jedi, Warlords, Gladiators and other Force users:

"One of the most deadly and tragic opponents to emerge from the battlefields of the Clone Wars was Asajj Ventress."

"As a result, she had the skills of the Jedi combined with a raw, unfocused talent in the Force. She never controlled her instinctual fury"

"Asajj's rage fueled her power, and she clawed her way up to a position of authority on the lawless world of Rattatak. She conquered and imprisoned most of the remaining warlords, including Osika Kirske, whom she would eventually kill. She could best any of the monstrous combatants in the gladiatorial games held regularly on the world."

"Ventress' raw talent and fierce determination impressed Dooku. The charismatic leader of the Confederacy was able to recruit the young warrior"

"Her raw talents and bottomless well of anger and pain bolstered her dark side abilities. Giving into her rage granted her further powers."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.