Superman vs. The X-Men

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
X-Men:
Wolverine
Cyclops
Gambit
Beast
Angel
Magma
Storm
Rogue
Jubilee
Colossus
Havok

Who wins?

Hulk_Power
Do you really think the X-Men can win against Supes? They could try but they're not winning. The only ones he might have a little bit of trouble with are Colossus and Rogue but even they'll get beat down quickly. The rest of the X-Men are roadkill.

badabing
Superman wins. I'm not sure if Rogue could absorb his powers or if Havoc would be powerful enough to hurt Supes.

Tassadar
X-Men:
Wolverine- Useless
Cyclops- might hurt him with a full power blast if he could hit him
Gambit- might do damage if he lives for more than 3 seconds
Beast- useless again
Angel- same as beast and wolvie
Magma- not sure, dont know enough about him
Storm- same as Gambit
Rogue- could do some damage if she can touch him
Jubilee- useless
Colossus- could go toe to toe with him for a little while, but not long enough
Havok- same as Cyclops

Superman wins

Arachnoidfreak
Jubilee can blow people up from the inside out. She's the only one who stands a chance actually.

Those 'sparks' she makes are miniature explosions of superheated air, or something to that extent. Some sort of plasma. She ripped people apart when she had to rescue Wolverine.

tiakocom
make the fight fair add prof X and jean big grin

grey fox
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Jubilee can blow people up from the inside out. She's the only one who stands a chance actually.

Those 'sparks' she makes are miniature explosions of superheated air, or something to that extent. Some sort of plasma. She ripped people apart when she had to rescue Wolverine.

I think Superman's insides are as Invincible as his outsides...

Ether way the X-men are screwed.

ExodusCloak
Magma is the only wildcard her, her abilities are very impressive as she could just cause this fight to be a stalemate and hide at the centre of the earth. Supes being Supes, will not resort to destroying the Earth therefore this fight becomes a draw. However if this does happen to be a fight to the end then, Supes takes this. I doubt Magma Form can with stand Supes attacks or his ice breath.

The rest of the X-Men die miserably.

Give the team a Telekinetic(Psylocke or Jean or Rachel) or a Telepath(Emma or Jean or Xavier) and they'll take it.

The only time Supes has faced the X-Men was in All Access, and there he was held at bay by Jeans Telekinesis.

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/4976/access2fd.jpg

Hold him at bay then shut his mind down. Supes does not think as fast as the Flash, meaning that it takes time(He has to think) to do a Speed Blitz. Therefore he can be stopped during this window of opportunity by a Telepathic attack or Telekinesis.

Since these attacks happen in less then seconds.

http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/2473/telepathy5ot.jpg

Supes should go down.

However this X-Men roster gets stomped, crushed and disassembled.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Magma is the only wildcard her, her abilities are very impressive as she could just cause this fight to be a stalemate and hide at the centre of the earth. Supes being Supes, will not resort to destroying the Earth therefore this fight becomes a draw. However if this does happen to be a fight to the end then, Supes takes this. I doubt Magma Form can with stand Supes attacks or his ice breath.

Give the team a Telekinetic(Psylocke or Jean or Rachel) or a Telepath(Emma or Jean or Xavier) and they'll take it.

The only time Supes has faced the X-Men was in All Access, and there he was held at bay by Jeans Telekinesis.

Hold him at bay then shut his mind down. Supes does not think as fast as the Flash, meaning that it takes time(He has to think) to do a Speed Blitz. Therefore he can be stopped during this window of opportunity by a Telepathic attack or Telekinesis.

Supes should go down.

However this X-Men roster gets stomped, crushed and disassembled. Jean didn't hold Supes at bay. He ran into the wall she put up. There is no way she can overpower him.

Telepaths are not a sure bet to take Supes down. He held off Mesmero recently and I think he is more powerful than Jean. Even with Jean they die.

batdude123

Supes should go down.

However this X-Men roster gets stomped, crushed and disassembled.

First of all, crossovers between DC and Marvel are not cannon. Second of all, Superman is a guy who has flown out of a double black hole, something in which light cannot even escape. Is Jean's telekinesis as powerful as a double black hole? I don't think so. Second of all, Superman has gotten mind controlled and resisted the effects of it so many times, it's not even funny. So I say, even if I add Jean Grey to this team, they would still get taken out.

GODSCRIBE
Rogue is their best bet really. She could weaken him by her touch, and get on par with him power wise. Past that, the X-Men lose this.

batdude123
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Jean didn't hold Supes at bay. He ran into the wall she put up. There is no way she can overpower him.

Telepaths are not a sure bet to take Supes down. He held off Mesmero recently and I think he is more powerful than Jean. Even with Jean they die.

Yes, plus I think it's stupid that Superman didn't overpower Jean's force field in the first place. Superman has been shown to be able to bust through GL's force field.

batdude123
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Rogue is their best bet really. She could weaken him by her touch, and get on par with him power wise. Past that, the X-Men lose this.

If she could even touch him. He could easily take her out via ice breath or heat vision. Plus, if she did try and touch him, he could vibrate his moleculse to become intangible.

AJ4LIFE
can u do whole fight plz i got it in comic but not pc

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by batdude123
If she could even touch him. He could easily take her out via ice breath or heat vision. Plus, if she did try and touch him, he could vibrate his moleculse to become intangible.

She could sneak up behind him (which is difficult because of superhearing). But once Rogue initiates contact with you, there's really nothing you can do. It's up to her to let go.

Superherovandal
and i doubt she'd be able to go through his aura.

batdude123
Originally posted by Superherovandal
and i doubt she'd be able to go through his aura.

Yeah, doesn't he have like a skin tight force field around his body? She couldn't penetrate through that.

ExodusCloak
Jean didn't hold Supes at bay. He ran into the wall she put up. There is no way she can overpower him.

You're telling me that Supes was rendered useless for most of the fight because he couldn't get past a telekinetic wall? I call that holding him at bay.
The reason he escaped is because Jean got distracted by MM.
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7240/access13rg.jpg
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/430/access29xu.jpg

As for the telepath thing. Isn't there's a big difference between probing/controlling someones mind and shutting it down/overloading it.
Probing/controlling can be fought by willpower. Shutting someones mind down and overloading it can't because the telepath is affecting subconscience actions.

First of all, crossovers between DC and Marvel are not cannon. Second of all, Superman is a guy who has flown out of a double black hole, something in which light cannot even escape. Is Jean's telekinesis as powerful as a double black hole? I don't think so. Second of all, Superman has gotten mind controlled and resisted the effects of it so many times, it's not even funny. So I say, even if I add Jean Grey to this team, they would still get taken out.

It may not be cannon but it's the closest thing you're getting to a fair fight. Each universe is bias towards their own characters. A.) I have no idea what a double black hole is. But it sounds interesting care to explain how it's formed and what it is? B.) Superman has resisted but like I said having your mind shut down and probing are completely different things.

GODSCRIBE
Yeah, doesn't he have like a skin tight force field around his body? She couldn't penetrate through that.

Then how is he able to get punched and shit like that? And actually feel pain.

snoopdogg
You're telling me that Supes was rendered useless for most of the fight because he couldn't get past a telekinetic wall? I call that holding him at bay.
The reason he escaped is because Jean got distracted by MM. What I am saying is Jean holding Supes at bay is not a accurate portayal of Superman. That's the same series where Venom held Supes at bay by his neck. laughing

As for the telepath thing. Isn't there's a big difference between probing/controlling someones mind and shutting it down/overloading it.
Probing/controlling can be fought by willpower. Shutting someones mind down and overloading it can't because the telepath is affecting subconscience actions.

And your basing this off fact or opinion?

Mesmero>Jean Grey.

batdude123
Originally posted by GODSCRIBE
Then how is he able to get punched and shit like that? And actually feel pain.

Because they deal a great amount of damage to him. Bullets and mortar shells can't even come close to hurting him or even denting the force field for that matter. I don't think a simple touch is gonna be able to make her steal his powers. This is even if she survives the encounter for more than 1 second which I doubt she could. He could easily take her out via heat vision or ice breath. She wouldn't be able to touch him because

A) He's A LOT faster than she is.
B) She couldn't sneak up on him via his superhuman senses.

ExodusCloak
What I am saying is Jean holding Supes at bay is not a accurate portayal of Superman. That's the same series where Venom held Supes at bay by his neck. laughing

And your basing this off fact or opinion?

Mesmero>Jean Grey.

That is true it may not be an accurate potrayl of Superman but it's what both DC and Marvel decided. This is what happens when two different characters from different companies meet.

Well there's the House of M clip I posted a while back of Emma Frost who stopped wolverine and five other people in their tracks in less then seconds not by trying to control them but by screwing with their subconscience reflexes. And Wolverine has shown a very high resistance to telepaths as has Sabertooth and Storm.

diabloman
the xmen would need magneto to back them up if there going at superman

batdude123
Here ya go Exodus Cloak wink :

LISA double black holes: Dynamics in gaseous nuclear discs
Authors: M. Dotti, M. Colpi, F. Haardt
Comments: Minor changes, accepted to MNRAS (11 pags, 14 figs). Movies (.avi) are available at this http URL
Journal-ref: Mon.Not.Roy.Astron.Soc. 367 (2006) 103-112

We study the inspiral of double black holes, with masses in the LISA window of detectability, orbiting inside a massive circum-nuclear disc. Using high-resolution SPH simulations, we follow the black hole dynamics in the early phase when gas-dynamical friction acts on the black holes individually, and continue our simulation until they form a close binary. We find that in the early sinking the black holes lose memory of their initial orbital eccentricity if they co-rotate with the gaseous disc, forming a binary with a low eccentricity, consistent with zero within our numerical resolution limit. The cause of circularization resides in the rotation present in the gaseous background where dynamical friction operates. Circularization may hinder gravitational waves from taking over and leading the binary to coalescence. In the case of counter-rotating orbits the initial eccentricity does not decrease, and the black holes may bind forming an eccentric binary. When dynamical friction has subsided, for equal mass black holes and regardless their initial eccentricity, angular momentum loss, driven by the gravitational torque exerted on the binary by surrounding gas, is nevertheless observable down to the smallest scale probed. In the case of unequal masses, dynamical friction remains efficient down to our resolution limit, and there is no sign of formation of any ellipsoidal gas distribution that may further harden the binary. During inspiral, gravitational capture of gas by the black holes occurs mainly along circular orbits: eccentric orbits imply high relative velocities and weak gravitational focusing. Thus, AGN activity may be excited during the black hole pairing process and double active nuclei may form when circularization is completed, on distance-scales of tens of pcs.

batdude123
That is true it may not be an accurate potrayl of Superman but it's what both DC and Marvel decided. This is what happens when two different characters from different companies meet.

Well there's the House of M clip I posted a while back of Emma Frost who stopped wolverine and five other people in their tracks in less then seconds not by trying to control them but by screwing with their subconscience reflexes. And Wolverine has shown a very high resistance to telepaths as has Sabertooth and Storm.

The only reason DC agreed to having Superman being in those situations was simply to make the Marvel characters look good. Marvel wouldn't want to have Superman just beating the crap outta their big guns. Use logic, there's no way Superman would even come close to losing to Venom. The cross-overs also had Storm beat Wonder Woman. laughing That's simply stupid and it should've never happened. As well as Wolverine being able to defeat Lobo. Are you gonna tell me that that was how it should've been erm

Wolverine's resistance to telepathy/ Sabretooth's/ Storm's<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Superman's resistance to telepathy.

snoopdogg
Wolverine beating Lobo was the worst crossover fight by far. Wolverine didn't even have his adamantium!

ExodusCloak
The only reason DC agreed to having Superman being in those situations was simply to make the Marvel characters look good. Marvel wouldn't want to have Superman just beating the crap outta their big guns. Use logic, there's no way Superman would even come close to losing to Venom. The cross-overs also had Storm beat Wonder Woman. laughing That's simply stupid and it should've never happened. As well as Wolverine being able to defeat Lobo. Are you gonna tell me that that was how it should've been erm

Wolverine's resistance to telepathy/ Sabretooth's/ Storm's<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Superman's resistance to telepathy.

Thanks for the info batdude123 smile

My point exactly, if there was a crossover where this battle happened. Marvel wouldn't want their characters to be thumped and taken out by one character.(Especially a whole team) Therefore they'd have to implement limits. So if this was a comic book battle then the X-Team should win.(With telepathic/telekinetic help)

(But you're right some of those fights were wacked.)

However if we just jot down powers, fluctuating resistances on paper ignoring personalities then Supes takes this.

About the telepathy thing, I know Supes resistance is > Then Wolverines. But Wolverine does possess some resistance, therefore he should have resisted Emma's attack. Doesn't that prove that probing/mind controlling and shutting down someones mind/overloading are different?

batdude123
Thanks for the info batdude123 smile

My point exactly, if there was a crossover where this battle happened. Marvel wouldn't want their characters to be thumped.(Especially a whole team) Therefore they'd have to implement limits. So if this was a comic book battle then the X-Team should win.(With telepathic/telekinetic help)

(But you're right some of those fights were wacked.)

However if we just jot down powers, fluctuating resistances on paper ignoring personalities then Supes takes this.

About the telepathy thing, I know Supes resistance is > Then Wolverines. But Wolverine does possess some resistance, therefore he should have resisted Emma's attack. Doesn't that prove that probing.mind controlling and shutting down someones mind/overloading is different?

While I agree that if this were in a comic book, Marvel would probably have the X-Men taking down Superman. But this is KMC, and here, all characters fight to the best of there abilities in a fight. So, if Superman can beat all of them down, then he will. Yes by the way, shuting down the mind is a bit different than trying to be controlled. But Superman has been mentally attacked before and resisted the effects of it from even the most powerful telepaths.

ExodusCloak
While I agree that if this were in a comic book, Marvel would probably have the X-Men taking down Superman. But this is KMC, and here, all characters fight to the best of there abilities in a fight. So, if Superman can beat all of them down, then he will. Yes by the way, shuting down the mind is a bit different than trying to be controlled. But Superman has been mentally attacked before and resisted the effects of it from even the most powerful telepaths.

Okay we agree there. And we also agree that Mind Control and Shutting down someones mind is some what different. So has Superman ever resisted having his mind turned off? Usually bad guys want to control him and use him because he's such a powerful weapon.
Also didn't Doctor Polaris keep him, the Flash, Wonder Women and Batman at bay with his magentic powers(Because they all wore metal) when they fought in the artic? They had to send Plastic Man to beat him.(Although this may not count since Supes is watered down during Justice League comics)

batdude123
Okay we agree there. And we also agree that Mind Control and Shutting down someones mind is some what different. So has Superman ever resisted having his mind turned off? Usually bad guys want to control him and use him because he's such a powerful weapon.
Also didn't Doctor Polaris keep him, the Flash, Wonder Women and Batman at bay with his magentic powers(Because they all wore metal) when they fought in the artic? They had to send Plastic Man to beat him.

Are you talking about JLA: Terror Incognita? Yes, but what has that got to do with anything in the first place? Nobody here can control metal and besides, he doesn't wear a metal costume in normal situations. Even if Emma or Jean were on the team, he can still think quicker than them all, regardless of whether or not he can think as fast as the Flash. The telepaths cannot think as quick or even close to as quick for that matter. They would find themselves speed blitzed by the time they even summond a psychic attack.

ExodusCloak
Are you talking about JLA: Terror Incognita? Yes, but what has that got to do with anything in the first place? Nobody here can control metal and besides, he doesn't wear a metal costume in normal situations. Even if Emma or Jean were on the team, he can still think quicker than them all, regardless of whether or not he can think as fast as the Flash. The telepaths cannot think as quick or even close to as quick for that matter. They would find themselves speed blitzed by the time they even summond a psychic attack.

Yeah I think that's the one, one would think Jeans Telekinesis is stronger than Doctor Polaris' Magnetic Manipulation? But like I said it's a JLA comic, they water down Supes' powers so it may not seem fair.

Superman now has the ability to think really fast? I didn't know that sad, when did he get that power?

Superboy Prime
IMHO even if Rogue managed to touch him and actually starts to drain his powers it would take her a long time to render him powerless of even weaken him. I remember Rogue taking a long time trying to asorb Hulk's energy(it was a what if comic) and during that time Hulk simply grabbed a giant pillar and smacked her down with it. IMO Supes being a solar battery > Hulk's Gamma energy. Then you have his super speed to get rid of her. Poor southern gal.

snoopdogg

Superman now has the ability to think really fast? I didn't know that sad, when did he get that power? Supes has had that power for a long time.

batdude123
Yeah I think that's the one, one would think Jeans Telekinesis is stronger than Doctor Polaris' Magnetic Manipulation? But like I said it's a JLA comic, they water down Supes' powers so it may not seem fair.

Superman now has the ability to think really fast? I didn't know that sad, when did he get that power?

Uh, yeah they water his powers down. He's flown out of a double black hole before. big grin

ExodusCloak
Wow that's impressive, now I understand why his Speed Blitz can't be stopped. Because he thinks very fast. Guess he wins this.(If you disregard personality which is probably his greatest flaw. Because it's not in Supes' character to Speed Blitz a women wearing white lingere.)

Uh, yeah they water his powers down. He's flown out of a double black hole before. big grin

Okay you've got me, water down occasionally. smile

batdude123
Wow that's impressive, now I understand why his Speed Blitz can't be stopped. Because he thinks very fast. Guess he wins this.(If you disregard personality which is probably his greatest flaw)

Okay you've got me, water down occasionally. smile

Yes. yes

Avalonofthewind
Wolverine beating Lobo was the worst crossover fight by far. Wolverine didn't even have his adamantium!

I prefer to think of it as Lobo being so drunk that he just passed out when he hit the floor. They never did show Wolvy actually doing anything to beat him.

Avalonofthewind
Supes has had that power for a long time.

He should see what stunts Supes has pulled with Torquasm Vo... laughing

MattDay
would jean grey as the pheonix be able to do anything to him?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.