Season 5 Finale--May 11th--VESSEL

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess

rubinator
That depends if smallville continues with another season...

I hope the do

Dan-El
They will. Gough promised we'd see Tom in the outfit at the end of the series, and he will live up to that promise. Or else... shifty

MysteryRidah

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by rubinator

I hope the do

""Oracle," Thursday's episode of The WB's Smallville, set up next Thursday's fifth-eason finale, "Vessel." Executive producer Al Gough told The Continuum that, in tradition of the show, "Vessel" will be a cliffhanger. "If we have a cliffhanger and don't get picked up, it will be terribly frustrating," Gough said, laughing. "But we're going in with that assumption (of Season 6). That's our plan."

Darth Macabre
They'll be a sixth season...The ratings this year are either the best ever, or pretty close to it.

Jedi Priestess
Originally posted by MysteryRidah
Cool cant wait to see it.

Btw, you could always watch the repeats, they have a complete or almost complete lineup over at the main site.

I will be watching the re-runs for sure.

already do that as I have all of season 5 to date on my computer shifty

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
They'll be a sixth season...The ratings this year are either the best ever, or pretty close to it.

Actually the ratings has been lower, alot lower. Ever since the 100th episode, it seems like people have left the show.

Its ok, but lets hope things get better in season 6.

MysteryRidah
Originally posted by Jedi Priestess
already do that as I have all of season 5 to date on my computer shifty

But you do watch the episode when it comes on tv right?

confused

Jedi Priestess
Of course. smile

MysteryRidah
Here is some information right quick:

!!!!!!Spoilers!!!!!!!

http://img346.imageshack.us/img346/9417/zod9ug.gif

Clark: I won't let you destroy this planet like you did Krypton.
Lex/Zod: You don't have a choice. Unless you join me.

"Dr. Milton Fine has unleashed a virus that will kill millions and he is the only one with the antidote. Clark must put a stop to him, while Lex wonders what happens when he will tell Lana his newest secret."

Source: TV.com

"Thanks to compelling stories and the inspired casting of James Marsters as Dr. Fine aka Brainiac, season five recaptured fans who had flown away, including me. In the season finale, Brainiac releases a deadly virus, which could kill millions. How can Clark fight a virus? Not so easily, but Brainiac will give Clark the vaccine if he releases General Zod."

Source: AOL.com

"Let General Zod go or Brainiac will release a killer virus. If he watched Fatal Contact, Brainiac would know there probably won't be anyone left after bird flu. Idiot."

Source: EW.com

"Fine (a.k.a. Brainiac) unleashes the virus on the world, but tells Clark he'll release the vaccine if he frees General Zod. After gaining superpowers, Lex confides in Lana, who continues to stand by him - however, she is in for deep trouble when Lex's life takes a shocking turn. Clark goes to Lionel for help, who in turn channels Jor-El. The finale will end with Brainiac holding Lois's life in his hands onboard a plane."

Source: About.com

Enjoy the show on thursday
( WB - Devoted )

Mindship
Just saw "Vessel."
Also saw new "Superman Returns" trailer.

...whoa...

Kal875
That was a damn good episode.

I saw the Superman returns trailer also (along w/ x-men 3...yes!)

General Kon-El
woohoo! awesome episode! dramatic ending and such. smile loved it. too bad three months is like a whole lifetime.

Kal875
What do you call that thing clark is in...? a phantom zone or something

InfiniteDY
That may have been the best episode ever!!! big grin

Dan-El
It started off a little rocky, though. I was watching it, and going over it in my head, and season 5 hasn't been as good as, say, season 4. Sure the characters have grown up a bit, but that seems like a facade. Especially in Lana's case.
Somehow, she felt responsible for what happened to Lex. "It's all my fault! I got him involved!" It's bullshit. She needs to grow up or get the **** out. I really am tired of Lana's character. One minute she's on the verge of being an emo kid, the next she's all about kicking the shit out of people with her kung fu.
Clark is fine, but he's made a bunch of mistakes this past year. He needs to learn from them in order to become the man he is supposed to be. Though Superman has never taken a life, he still would have found a way to stop the coming of Zod, or at least defeat him without killing Lex. I know it sounds like I'm being harsh, but all that needs to happen is that Clark needs to start acting like a man. He's no longer a child.
You know what I would like to see next season? I would like to see a season long struggle between Clark and Zod. After he escapes, he starts to help the police with the mass riots while also searching for Lois and his mother (OR Chloe and Lionel, whichever). Toward the mid-season, Clark halts the onslaught of Braniac's virus, but Zod still exists. Towards the end of the season, Clark and Zod face off, and it ends with Clark switching out Lex's soul in the P-Zone with Zod's (because we all know that that is where Lex is). Then a cliffhanger, somehow, if they can.
But I know what will happen. Clark will find Lex in the P-Zone, and they will devise a plan for Clark to escape and free Lex from the outside. When Clark returns, he finds his mom and Lois/Chloe and Lionel. He swears he will stop Zod. Then he'll switch Zod and Lex's souls, Lex will ponder Clark's secrets, and everything will go back to "normal". All in the first episode. After that, let the filler episodes begin! Lois becomes a werecat or something, someone begins to stalk Chloe at the Planet, and the guest-hero of the season: the Blue Beetle!
Please God no. Not while I'm in college. I don't want to reinforce the idea that I'll not be able to watch Smallville this year. Not like this.

AstroFan
Season 5 isnt as good as 4? Thats harsh, 4 wasnt that good. blink

Dan-El
Don't get me wrong, there was a good story in there, but it was covered up by crappy filler episodes!

Let's see, in 5 there was the Vampire episode, the Saw episode, the Aquaman episode *shudder* (and the WB/CW are doing an Aquaman spin-off because of it, for Christ's sake!), the Vengeance episode was decent, but not up to par. The only real saving grace of the filler episodes was the Cyborg episode.
Besides, season 4 had the Flash! lol

Dan-El
I must add that I do like that shot of Lex from the final episode. So dramatic

AstroFan
Originally posted by Dan-El
Don't get me wrong, there was a good story in there, but it was covered up by crappy filler episodes!

Let's see, in 5 there was the Vampire episode, the Saw episode, the Aquaman episode *shudder* (and the WB/CW are doing an Aquaman spin-off because of it, for Christ's sake!), the Vengeance episode was decent, but not up to par. The only real saving grace of the filler episodes was the Cyborg episode.

Season 4 had about 32 Lana/witch episodes, and the awful fake high school episode. erm

crashandburn125
so any 1 no if theres gona be a season 6, imagion hear in the uk we r only on 5 x 11 on E4 lol but i just watch the last episode 22, omg should of killed lex but wouldnt be clark if he did. Has 2 be a season 6, when is season 5 comin out on dvd in uk any 1 cheers

Darth Vicious
While I love Smallville I think is been dragging this season. Waaaaaaayyy too many people knows Clark identity and waaaayyyy to many find out just to have their memory erased at the end of the episode. I would love to see more JLA members, specially Bruce Wayne or Wonder Woman and end the series with him as a fully costumed Superman.

May-la-laCK

I thought episode 7 or something with that siliver metor rock...that was pretty good...but VESSEL was the best one yet that was so good and interesting it like hooks you i dont want to wait for 3months i wanna see it now sad

Lord Evolution
i thoguth it was a really good episode, especially lana coming to the rooftop of luthorcorp plaza, i loved james marsters in this episode but if hes gonna be a series regular please make him a strong threat and not some villian who comes on once in a while and gets bet up by clark because he does have the same powers and hes not vulnerable to kryptonite. anyways, im kinda hoping when season 6 starts that there gonna have the two kryptonians from arrival, clark and zod and fine are all on earth at the same time that would be great. they can have this group with zod and his kryptonian menions vs clark. maybe a big battle big grin LOL Clark would probaly lose in what 5 seconds flat

mtryder
Oh man, I don't know if I can wait 3 months to see what happens. That was a pretty intense cliffhanger, although I'd be inclined to agree with Dan-el in that the conflict will, ofr the most part, be resolved in the first episode of next season, with maybe some lingering ramifications to that resolution defining the rest of the season (example: resolution of Kryptonian arrival leading to Clark losing his powers and Jonathan Kent's death).
Anyways, it looks like the fates of Martha, Lois, Lionel, Chloe, Clark, and Lex are all pretty much up in the air. We can all pretty much assume, I'd think, that Clark will find a way out of the Phantom Zone pretty quickly--possibly with the help of Jor-El and/or Lex--and that Lex will eventually find his way out as well, although when is a question there. Martha and Lois, obviously, will make it. That said, I can't shake the feeling that now would almost be too convenient a time to off both Chloe and Lionel together, considering that both know Clark's secret. That would be a huge drag, though. They're both great characters, and without them I could see the series growing very stale very quickly.

Lord Evolution
so is clark stuck in the Phantom Zone with the two kryptonians from arrival or is it a different one or they even not in the zone at all

rubinator
i would say a different one...

AstroFan
I loved hearing Terrance Stamp talk about Zod. stick out tongue

saslt
WTF you talking about a Virus??
Computer virus yes but not a real one...
And Clarke has not clue about it...

You perditions well off..

Regards
Saslt

ciera_solgot
Originally posted by rubinator

I hope the do

I think taht Kara is going to be the one to free clark I mean this is the perfect time for her to come into the seasons right

AstroFan
Originally posted by saslt
WTF you talking about a Virus??
Computer virus yes but not a real one...
And Clarke has not clue about it...

You perditions well off..

Regards
Saslt

All the WB descriptions pointed to a virus, plus all the vaccine/virus shit in previous episodes.

ciera_solgot
I thik that Kara should be the one to free clark from the Phatom zone this is the perfect time for her to join the seasons Right

ciera_solgot
I love the fact that it is really getting into the Clark vs Lex theme because everyone knows that Lex is Clarks worse enemy when they grow up later in the years well in the comics

ciera_solgot
Originally posted by AstroFan
All the WB descriptions pointed to a virus, plus all the vaccine/virus shit in previous episodes.

That episode was sweet then again the last ones are always the best ones right I mean they want to give you an adreneline rush to keep watching I know I couldn't take my eyes off the TV screen

NoFate007
I finally was able to find a torrent that worked and stuff...and I just got done watching that episode literally a few seconds ago...

AND DAMN IT I WANT TO SEE THE CONCLUSION!!! AAAAAAAAAH!!!

Easily one of my favorite episodes I've seen so far. THIS is what they should all be like. None of that 7th Heaven crap. Shit this is going to bother me. When is the next season coming? Haha.

Darth Vicious
Clark is gonna be in deep sh** if he has 2 face the 2 kryptonians, Brainiac(Fine) and Zod. Wouldnt be cool if he got in touch with The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman from previous episodes and finally introduce Bruce Wayne and have the seeds of the formation of the JLA being planted in the storyline.

Dan-El
Alright, I'm like 10 beats behind, but in response to AstroFan, though the whole Lana/Witch thing was a little much, at least it was during stories centered around the Elements, which lead to the Fortress. It was a progressive piece of the story. The Lana/Vampire thing had no bearing on the season's plot whatsoever.
And Kara will NOT be the one to save Clark. I'm willing to bet money on that. The producers wouldn't be so dumb as to bring back an unimportant character from season.. 3? See, she was so pointless that i couldn't even remember. No, it will be Lex that helps Clark escape, just so Clark can free him from the outside.

Dan-El
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
Clark is gonna be in deep sh** if he has 2 face the 2 kryptonians, Brainiac(Fine) and Zod. Wouldnt be cool if he got in touch with The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman from previous episodes and finally introduce Bruce Wayne and have the seeds of the formation of the JLA being planted in the storyline.

1.) F.uck Aquaman
2.) Braniac is not Kryptonian, but an AI program that constructs multiple robotic bodies. Though it has powers, Braniac is not a Kryptonian by any means.
3.) F.uck Aquaman
4.) Bruce Wayne is attending Stanford while this is happening, only to drop out and live in the orient for SEVEN YEARS. Clark will NEVER run into Bruce Wayne on Smallville. EVER! GET OVER IT! Jeez!

Oh yeah, and f.uck Aquaman.

jwh1975
I hope it returns for a new season...if not, the major cities of the world may look like the finale!

-jwh1975

Bullfighter
I dont get it, why did the knife Jor-el gave Clark release Zoidberg instead of killing Fine which he stabbed? And if Clark had stabbed Lex like Jor-el told him 2, would the same thing have happend?

General Kon-El
1.) F.uck Aquaman
2.) Braniac is not Kryptonian, but an AI program that constructs multiple robotic bodies. Though it has powers, Braniac is not a Kryptonian by any means.
3.) F.uck Aquaman
4.) Bruce Wayne is attending Stanford while this is happening, only to drop out and live in the orient for SEVEN YEARS. Clark will NEVER run into Bruce Wayne on Smallville. EVER! GET OVER IT! Jeez!

Oh yeah, and f.uck Aquaman. i agree with almost everything.

NoFate007
Aquaman, Cyborg, and Flash wouldn't be able to get Clark out of the Phantom Zone anyway lol.

Chances are it'll be Lionel that gets Clark out. Then while Clark is fighting a few Brainiacs, Lionel/Jor-El will take on Lex/Zod. Jor-El will dispose of Zod in some way, either by sending him back into the Phantom Zone or something else, and in the process, Lionel possibly will be killed.

Lord Evolution
LOL @ Kara coming back LOL @ that ok??? do you understand why i am laughing???? no way

I think Lionel will be the vessel to Jor-el again and he releases Clark. Also i think that they should bring pete back just for the heck of it.

Jedi Priestess
Yeah ok Im slow in getting here for this. I was really, REALLY dissapointed. Serious bummer. Expected so much more for this year's finale. Oh well. messed

Here's to Season 6. smile

Dan-El
Agreed, NoFate. That does make sense. And it wraps things up quite nicely. Sadly, that's when the filler episodes start. I just hate them SO much!

Wait... Lana was a vampire... That could be symbolism...
*GASP!* SHE'S SUCKING THE LIFE OUT OF THE SHOW!!! <dramatic music> <\dramatic music>

NoFate007
Haha.

Maybe they're out of filler ideas and they can start throwing in actual villains. After like 2-3 episodes dealing with the Lex/Zod thing and the post-Lex/Zod discussions and whatnot, maybe they can introduce someone simple like Parasite.

beavis46
could be kinda cool to get flash,cyborg and ac back but what could they really do?theyd have to get zod underwater somehow and hope ac can beat him up a bit.what do people want to see next season?id like to see a couple of good future league members(or remakes of),some clark and lois hinted at more and lana to die after finding out that clark's the boy and that lex really just likes boys

Lord Evolution
aquaman flash and cyborg would be torn to pieces by zod, cyborg to parts. flash all he cud do is run so he will be running away probaly aquaman even underwater he wud get his ass handed to him by a kryptonian

beavis46
yeah theyd be pretty uselss,the flash could probably annoy him though.would kryptonite work on zod since he's using lex's body?its be good if it didnt,too predicatable otherwise.

Darth Macabre
Alright, I'm like 10 beats behind, but in response to AstroFan, though the whole Lana/Witch thing was a little much, at least it was during stories centered around the Elements, which lead to the Fortress. It was a progressive piece of the story. The Lana/Vampire thing had no bearing on the season's plot whatsoever.
And Kara will NOT be the one to save Clark. I'm willing to bet money on that. The producers wouldn't be so dumb as to bring back an unimportant character from season.. 3? See, she was so pointless that i couldn't even remember. No, it will be Lex that helps Clark escape, just so Clark can free him from the outside.

She meant Kara Zor-El, not Kara from Season 3.

1.) F.uck Aquaman
3.) F.uck Aquaman

Oh yeah, and f.uck Aquaman.

When he said the two kryptonians, he didn't mean Zod and Brainiac, he meant the Guy and the Girl that Clark threw into the Phantom zone the first episode of the season.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by Lord Evolution
aquaman flash and cyborg would be torn to pieces by zod, cyborg to parts. flash all he cud do is run so he will be running away probaly aquaman even underwater he wud get his ass handed to him by a kryptonian

All he could do is run? Do you know how much force the Flash has with his hits at the speeds he's running? He could get a 1000 hits off at Zod before Zod knew what was happening.

beavis46
that's probably right,lionel/du-rel could also do it.it could take something like lionel/d'rel sacrificing himself for clark to really piss off lex.
shouldn't have bruce wayne on smallville,he's too massive a charcter-if they could get a character based on someone like the green lantern or wonderwoman but adapt them for context,itd be ok but not before they tie up some loose ends,just think they should have a marvel character who isn't annoying/lame power,would be hard to do well though

beavis46
All he could do is run? Do you know how much force the Flash has with his hits at the speeds he's running? He could get a 1000 hits off at Zod before Zod knew what was happening. [/QUOTE

yeah but it wouldnt hurt him at all,flash in smallville didnt seem that strong

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by beavis46
All he could do is run? Do you know how much force the Flash has with his hits at the speeds he's running? He could get a 1000 hits off at Zod before Zod knew what was happening.

Because there was a lack of character development...He was only one for one episode. erm

beavis46
yeah but they always change things a bit,smallville's flash probably isn't meant to have superstrength just like brainiac isn't a green alien and mr Mxyzptlk wasnt a small elf,would be good to see one of thm again though,doubt it'll be aquaman though

NoFate007
The next likely person to show up would be Green Arrow and then Kyle Rayner. Chances are they won't throw in Bruce or Diana.

FistOfThe North
Cool finale. Except it should've been a 2 hour finale instead of playing the garbage Aquaman episode right after the season finale, i was pissed.

Though, I loved Clark trapped inside the glass prison in space, how it looked I mean. I mean it's too bad he's in it but that glass prison is so Superman material. Intense.

8/10

Whens the next season start?

Dan-El
Again, I want to see the entire season deal with the Lex/Zod vs. Clark conflict. I want to see the world brought down to its knees, and that mysterious stranger from the planet Krypton saves the day!
Then he'd leave. He'd leave Smallville to find himself. During the season, we'd follow Clark on his adventures (similar to Superman: Birthright), and flash back every now and then on the folks back home. Lois would be gone. Lana moved. The back at home segments would deal more with Lex building his empire after the death of Lionel, and Martha realizing that a life of politics isn't for her.

beavis46
i'm liking the clark travelling bit,should make it a bit darker next season and leave out the lame villain like simone,vampires,etc.while i like the lois character,we know where its going so why have her?

Shadow_King
This was a great season finale.... great ending.. cant wait for next season...

sexyking
Originally posted by mtryder
Oh man, I don't know if I can wait 3 months to see what happens. That was a pretty intense cliffhanger, although I'd be inclined to agree with Dan-el in that the conflict will, ofr the most part, be resolved in the first episode of next season, with maybe some lingering ramifications to that resolution defining the rest of the season (example: resolution of Kryptonian arrival leading to Clark losing his powers and Jonathan Kent's death).
Anyways, it looks like the fates of Martha, Lois, Lionel, Chloe, Clark, and Lex are all pretty much up in the air. We can all pretty much assume, I'd think, that Clark will find a way out of the Phantom Zone pretty quickly--possibly with the help of Jor-El and/or Lex--and that Lex will eventually find his way out as well, although when is a question there. Martha and Lois, obviously, will make it. That said, I can't shake the feeling that now would almost be too convenient a time to off both Chloe and Lionel together, considering that both know Clark's secret. That would be a huge drag, though. They're both great characters, and without them I could see the series growing very stale very quickly.

Nope i dont think clark or lex if his stuck in the PZ with clark will escape on their own, think about how many years has zod been in there i am sure if it was easy to escape he would have done it a long time ago. My theory is that its going to be lionel as jorel that frees clark or chole.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.