thors hammer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
how come thor is always worthy of holding mjolnir ? im sure hes done some crap himself just like every other character has

superman41082
Originally posted by diabloman
how come thor is always worthy of holding mjolnir ? im sure hes done some crap himself just like every other character has

Dude, it's his hammer. He's the God of Thunder and Lightning. R u kidding? How is this a vs topic???

diabloman
loki made it not thor.

joesha28
Loki shorten the mallet...Odin made it.

roughrider
That recent 12-issue miniseries "Thor: Son Of Asgard" shows the travels of Thor as a youth, and how he earned the right to carry mjolnir. He'd have to go far off the right path to lose the right to carry it. The King Thor storyline when he became dictator of Earth, shows through his actions he lost the ability to wield mjolnir for years, until he changed his ways and could pick it up again.

King KAM
I think Cap should beable to pick it up....he seems worthy...

grey fox
Originally posted by King KAM

Yeah but Kam , you think cap's worthy of anything . Hell if you were in charge you'd rename marvel to Captain America Comics .

Not that's a bad idea per-say.

King KAM
Originally posted by grey fox
Yeah but Kam , you think cap's worthy of anything . Hell if you were in charge you'd rename marvel to Captain America Comics .

Not that's a bad idea per-say. no seriously....cap does seem worthy...he is ALWAYS noble...

aliveinboston
no seriously....cap does seem worthy...he is ALWAYS noble...

No. The Cap is would do anything to win including tactics that other's might consider "unfair". In fact, he himself said that there is nothing glorious or noble in battle and all that matters is victory. That's not a noble attitude. Quite different from characters like Thor. Hercules certainly has a noble attitude towards battle but unfortunately not towards the ladies and hence he is unlikely to qualify. I'm pretty sure the Silver Surfer would qualify.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by aliveinboston
No. The Cap is would do anything to win including tactics that other's might consider "unfair". In fact, he himself said that there is nothing glorious or noble in battle and all that matters is victory. That's not a noble attitude. Quite different from characters like Thor. Hercules certainly has a noble attitude towards battle but unfortunately not towards the ladies and hence he is unlikely to qualify. I'm pretty sure the Silver Surfer would qualify.

Now there's a good idea. Let's give Silver Surfer Thor's hammer. It's not like he couldn't use the power. laughing

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving...

roughrider

Cap DID pick it up once - you're correct.

outavodka
when was this

roughrider
I believe it was in THOR #390.

badabing
Wolverine can pick it up.

H. S. 6
So can Batman with prep.

roughrider
Originally posted by H. S. 6
So can Batman with prep.

laughing out loud I don't think so, but I'd like to see what prep Bruce comes up with. It'll be bold.

...Nah, nevermind. Bruce has too much hate & anger in him to be worthy.

Mindship
...I'm pretty sure the Silver Surfer would qualify.

As soon as he would touch it, he'd grow long, luxurious, silvery hair.

willRules
Originally posted by superman41082
Dude, it's his hammer. He's the God of Thunder and Lightning. R u kidding? How is this a vs topic???

He actually has made a very good point. I personally think Thor technically shouldn't be able to lift his own hammer..................

Scoobless
Originally posted by diabloman

I believe the Hammer judges a persons spirit or soul rather than their past actions

outavodka
Originally posted by Scoobless
I believe the Hammer judges a persons spirit or soul rather than their past actions that would make sence then.

Mindship
Here's a noggin' scratcher for ya (unless it's been done)...

Suppose Mjolnir could be lifted by anyone; suppose it could be put on a scale. How much would it weigh?

Scoobless
Maybe a lot.... maybe absolutley nothing.... maybe whatever weight would make it the perfect weapon for whoever was holding it at the time

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Mindship
Here's a noggin' scratcher for ya (unless it's been done)...

Suppose Mjolnir could be lifted by anyone; suppose it could be put on a scale. How much would it weigh?

82.21 lbs

WTF does it matter? stick out tongue

Mindship
Originally posted by H. S. 6
82.21 lbs

WTF does it matter? stick out tongue

laughing out loud
Jeez, I wouldn't wanna lug that around.

Mindship
Originally posted by Scoobless
Maybe a lot.... maybe absolutley nothing.... maybe whatever weight would make it the perfect weapon for whoever was holding it at the time

That is a good answer.

Tron
no seriously....cap does seem worthy...he is ALWAYS noble...
Originally posted by roughrider
Cap DID pick it up once - you're correct.
Originally posted by roughrider
I believe it was in THOR #390.

You're correct, it was Thor #390.

lft4ded
No. The Cap is would do anything to win including tactics that other's might consider "unfair". In fact, he himself said that there is nothing glorious or noble in battle and all that matters is victory. That's not a noble attitude.

616 Cap or Ultimate Cap? I remember Ult Cap saying it and he is ruthless. If 616 Cap said it then undoubtedly he is saying it in regards to the lives that could be saved.

ankur29
could spidey lift it , and wot bout hulk , im sue he did

he once shattered it aswel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.