My first job!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
Well as you all know I just turned 17 just yesterday, and it's nearly time for my summer break. After this year I have one more year of school left so my parents are making me get a job this summer and my older cousin Shandie recommended that I pick up an application for a Day Care Assistant job. I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job. I mean it's my first job, and it's a pretty EASY job. The bad part is the screaming and snotty noses and stuff. Has anyone ever been a Day Care assistant so I'll know what to expect? Lol.
Well, odds are I may not even get the job but it's always good to think ahead.
What was/is everyone elses first job?

Revernd Maynard
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Well as you all know I just turned 17 just yesterday, and it's nearly time for my summer break. After this year I have one more year of school left so my parents are making me get a job this summer and my older cousin Shandie recommended that I pick up an application for a Day Care Assistant job. I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job. I mean it's my first job, and it's a pretty EASY job. The bad part is the screaming and snotty noses and stuff. Has anyone ever been a Day Care assistant so I'll know what to expect? Lol.
What was/is everyone elses first job? Day care....i hate kids

good on ya, though. wink

Koala MeatPie
DAY CARE!? EASY!?

laughing

So, how do you want your epitaph written?

LanceWindu

laughing Nice knowing you.

My first job was at a car detailing center when I was 14.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Revernd Maynard
Day care....i hate kids

good on ya, though. wink
I'm not much on "kids" either but I LOVE babies!
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
DAY CARE!? EASY!?

laughing

So, how do you want your epitaph written?
What?

What do you mean by that Lance? Lol.

LanceWindu
I'm not much on "kids" either but I LOVE babies!

What?

What do you mean by that Lance? Lol.

You'll be pulling your hair out at days end. I babysit for my uncle a couple times a week, just 3 kids, and I go insane...imagine about 10+ kids to keep track of.

Koala MeatPie
Other then the fact that you jinxed yourself, It won't be easy, at all, I am warning you.

the Kids are unpredicatable and sometimes un controllable etc etc

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
Other then the fact that you jinxed yourself, It won't be easy, at all, I am warning you.

the Kids are unpredicatable and sometimes un controllable etc etc
I said pretty easy, not definately easy. erm

Yeah I'd say so, but seeing as if I get the job I'll only be the assistant of an assistant, they'll just have to expect no diapers from me (that is, if there are even babies there).

LanceWindu
I said pretty easy, not definately easy. erm

Yeah I'd say so, but seeing as if I get the job I'll only be the assistant of an assistant, they'll just have to expect no diapers from me (that is, if there are even babies there).

There will be babies, and they will require you to help out in all aspects, including dirty diapers.

If I (a 22 year old man) can change dirty diapers no problem, then you should be able to suck it up and do them too.

ILoveMyDaniel
I hope so, I adore little babies. But yeah, It's not so much the idea of changing the diaper, it's the SMELL. I gag when I smell even the faintest scent of nasty things. erm

Impediment
I hope so, I adore little babies. But yeah, It's not so much the idea of changing the diaper, it's the SMELL. I gag when I smell even the faintest scent of nasty things. erm

Trust me........you get used to the smell. Speaking as a father, I know. Taking care of kids relys solely on your level of patience for little kids. Mine was put to the test, and I succeeded. Also, my first job was as an apprentice at a locksmith shop when I was 15.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Impediment
Trust me........you get used to the smell. Speaking as a father, I know. Taking care of kids relys solely on your level of patience for little kids. Mine was put to the test, and I succeeded. Also, my first job was as an apprentice at a locksmith shop when I was 15.
I hope so erm I used to have a low gag reflex up until about a year or two ago, then it all went downhill. stick out tongue
But awesome first job!

ILoveMyDaniel
What a ****ing crock. I'm being forced to get a job here by my ****ing mother and I'm mad. Beyond mad. I think I start tomorrow and I'm not a happy camper at all. roll eyes (sarcastic) All of the kids are from 2-6 or so and they were at recess and they drove me ****ing nuts. I'd rather die.

H. S. 6
Well as you all know I just turned 17 just yesterday, and it's nearly time for my summer break. After this year I have one more year of school left so my parents are making me get a job this summer and my older cousin Shandie recommended that I pick up an application for a Day Care Assistant job. I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job. I mean it's my first job, and it's a pretty EASY job.

What a ****ing crock. I'm being forced to get a job here by my ****ing mother and I'm mad. Beyond mad. I think I start tomorrow and I'm not a happy camper at all. roll eyes (sarcastic) All of the kids are from 2-6 or so and they were at recess and they drove me ****ing nuts. I'd rather die.

laughing

Mr. Bacon
and you were excited stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
and you were excited stick out tongue
When did I ever say that?

Mr. Bacon
"I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job."

H. S. 6

"I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job. I mean it's my first job, and it's a pretty EASY job."

EDIT: Woops...

LanceWindu

laughing

Soleran
OMG I have several Day Cares as clients and all I can say is I hope the smell of poop is appealing!

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Mr. Bacon
"I'm nervous but excited with thoughts of a job."
Excited about the fact of money...nothing other.

tiredman
Heh, kids. What's a-matter with kids today? Yydle dydle dee...kids!

ILoveMyDaniel
Doesn't matter, I didn't get the job anyway. Happy Dance

H. S. 6
Well that sucks.

Morning_Glory

I was a nanny for a year in London a few years ago-- except I only took care of 2 spoiled rotten kids full time -- so its not quite the same as a day care - plus I was in London which was awesome -- it was one of the best jobs i ever had happy

Thorinn
My first job was at Winn Dixie Grocery store, I was a stockboy, pay was shit but atleast I gained some work ethic. smile

Koala MeatPie
I love my work, sure I hate it when i have to get up and the idea of going to work the next day as I am going to sleep, but at the end of the day I am glad I did it.

Oh, by the way, My job is basically, I get payed for working out.

Allready had to adjust my watch strap, something I have not done in over 3 years...

Quiero Mota
Has anyone ever been a Day Care assistant

no expression......no.

Shelbert Lemon
Patience Kelly...when working with children, is always the key. If you have none then go work for a fast food company or something.

My first job was child care....not at a day care but hired to care for their twin boys in their home.

Tired Hiker

Actaully, my first job was a day care assistant! I got fired from it though for making all the little kids smoke pot. sad

BackFire
You have my condolences.

Tired Hiker
laughing out loud

No, but really I was a paper boy. erm

Tilien
I help to teach a class of 25 kids as i'm wanting to be an ICT Teacher.
I dont think i could do that with smaller kids... the ages i help are 12-18... alright then can speak back to you but hey!
big grin

fini
hmm First job

Quality Control Technician at a quarry/ sand processing plant, I was 15

My father ran the company, lol that how i got that job.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Thorinn
My first job was at Winn Dixie Grocery store, I was a stockboy, pay was shit but atleast I gained some work ethic. smile
Cool, I'm thinking about applying at Kroger or Wal-Mart. w00t.

Quiero Mota
My first job was as a cook at a breakfast diner.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
My first job was as a cook at a breakfast diner.
A cook? How old were you? Neato.

Quiero Mota
16, it no longer exists; it was called Frank's Malt Shop and it was on 91st Ave here in Phoenix.

ILoveMyDaniel
Neato. We have nothing like that down here. We DID have a Cafe but the owner (my friend) had to leave and went to Florida for a job. He'll come back to re-open it someday though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.