Request!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NBT
Can we please make our sigs bigger way bigger then this? I'm so sick of KMC'a avys and sig limits! KMC is awesome but i wish we culd have bigger sig and avys!

Tptmanno1
Been discussed in detail and not gonna happen due to the volume of people that visit this site, and those who are on dial up.
Also to increase the sig size would put a much larger demand on the server, and thats not good.

So no.

Storm
As for the avatars, members who have been here for more than a year, can have a 85x85. Members who have been here for more than 2 years can enjoy a 100x100 avatar.

Dusty
Originally posted by Storm
As for the avatars, members who have been here for more than a year, can have a 85x85. Members who have been here for more than 2 years can enjoy a 100x100 avatar.

And yet, Stormy still prefers the '65'. wink

mechmoggy
Size doesn't count, it's what you do with it... wink

T.M
Originally posted by mechmoggy

laughing out loud great stuff.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by mechmoggy

He...changed...his...avatar...icon5

Lana
laughing out loud

Anyway, for the most part sigs look smaller when they're a smaller size anyway. Even 450x150 seems huge to me now.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Lana
laughing out loud

Anyway, for the most part sigs look smaller when they're a smaller size anyway. Even 450x150 seems huge to me now.

Sigs look smaller when they are smaller. hmm I think you stumbled upon the greatest revelation of mankind. stick out tongue

Lana
....shit.

Stupid typo laughing out loud

I had originally typed "when they're a better size" and caught that mistake, but missed the other. Apparently I switched the words stick out tongue

T.M
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Sigs look smaller when they are smaller. hmm I think you stumbled upon the greatest revelation of mankind. stick out tongue

laughing

Time Of Evil
I understand your nice gesture towards those who are using a dial up connection, but surely that would be less than 1% of the viewers of this website.
Shouldn't we be moving on and not letting them hold us back?

Lana
Actually I would say that a large percentage would likely still use dialup.

Not to mention, as said, it'd put even more strain on the server.

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by Lana
Actually I would say that a large percentage would likely still use dialup.

Not to mention, as said, it'd put even more strain on the server.

You know as well as I do that a low percentage use dial-up. The fact is by reducing the size allowed we are almost encouraging dial up. We should be encouraging people to move on to broadband.

No longer can people complain about the cost of using broadband. In alot of cases it is cheaper. Encourage!

Lana
Are you totally ignoring the more important part that people have been saying, and that is server strain?

Not to mention that giant sigs look tacky and like huge banners.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
You know as well as I do that a low percentage use dial-up. The fact is by reducing the size allowed we are almost encouraging dial up. We should be encouraging people to move on to broadband.

No longer can people complain about the cost of using broadband. In alot of cases it is cheaper. Encourage!

There are still plenty of people without broadband, not because they don't want it, but because it's not available everywhere yet.

And like Lana said, there is a server strain we have to worry about as well. Raz pays for KMC and doesn't ask for donations, the least we can do is keep him on the cheapest possible server right now.

And I for one don't want larger images slowing down my broadband at all either. Smaller signatures = better overall.

Lana
AND, for that matter, broadband speeds vary greatly. Some broadband is only minimally faster than dialup. Not everyone has lightning-fast cable broadband, like 128k broadband which is only twice as fast as dialup.

LanceWindu
Yeah, my broadband isn't high end...and we still pay $60 a month for it. So don't tell me that dial-up is more expensive than broadband nowadays.

Time Of Evil
Ok, points taken. But how did Raz previously afford it?

LanceWindu
Ok, points taken. But how did Raz previously afford it?

Less members = less bandwidth being used.

Lana
And as was pointed out in your thread in the OTF, the signature file size was never reduced. That's been 30kb as long as I can remember. It was the pixel size that was reduced.

LanceWindu
Thank you and goodnight.

Raz
I understand your nice gesture towards those who are using a dial up connection, but surely that would be less than 1% of the viewers of this website.
Shouldn't we be moving on and not letting them hold us back? The sig dimensions limits are not in place for dialup, but to reduce strain on the scrollwheel.

Barker
Originally posted by Raz
The sig dimensions limits are not in place for dialup, but to reduce strain on the scrollwheel.
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.