Cyborg Darth Maul vs. General Greivous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deadpool14
Metal battle!!!!!!! who wins?

Motoko Sama
Grevious wipes his mechanical ass with the non-canonical mecha-Maul.

Council#13
^What he said

darthsith19
Originally posted by Motoko Sama
Grevious wipes his mechanical ass with the non-canonical mecha-Maul.

zephiel7
Who the **** is cyborg Maul?

DarthMaul9123
he was going to be grievous or dooku then Lucas changed his mind

jollyjim311
Really? I thought he was just a lame character for a filler comic. Assuming that you're not lying, good thing he changed his mind.

Captain REX
I say the non-canon Mecha-Maul would win. He was giving post-ROTS/pre-ANH (Luke was like...three years old?) Obi-Wan a run for his money in the non-canon comic in Visionaries.

DarthMaul9123
yeah, i wouldnt be a maul fan if he was a bunch of wires, but watch the umm ROTS thing where he goes through creature design, actually it could be on AOTC.
wait there's a comic of him as a bothead, arg... this is cruel georgio, one character, but nope just screw all the characters

jollyjim311
Maul loses horribly! He lost so much potential when he got cut in half and now he's clunky and slow with his robot legs. Maul hasn't a chance in hell (despite being the SW embodiment of Satan, especially in this form).

DarthMaul9123
not his arms however, but you' re right he would dematierialize dooks if he could reach that potential, and he would before AOTC

DePWNZOR
Grievous has 4 arms, is physically far stronger, and is WAY more intelligent. The CIS commander wins

Motoko Sama
Non-canonical Maul got his arm chopped off a la AOTC Anakin by Ben Kenobi, and was then at his mercy with a lightsaber pointing directly at his skull.

Deadpool14
he he he

darthsith19
Originally posted by Captain REX
I say the non-canon Mecha-Maul would win. He was giving post-ROTS/pre-ANH (Luke was like...three years old?) Obi-Wan a run for his money in the non-canon comic in Visionaries.
Ah, good point. Maul wins.

Deadpool14
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
Grievous has 4 arms, is physically far stronger, and is WAY more intelligent. The CIS commander wins

you know nothing if you think greivous is way more intelligent. Darth Maul had the wits to take down Black Sun by himself. Plus, he has the dark side. Some poor guy died just by reading Maul's mind. Maul would squeeze Greivous lungs like a stress toy

Captain REX
Non-canonical Maul got his arm chopped off a la AOTC Anakin by Ben Kenobi, and was then at his mercy with a lightsaber pointing directly at his skull.

Ah, but that was after a very brutal fight that had Kenobi down for a few moments. Kenobi was the victor, of course, we know he's better than Maul, but still, the match was close until the very end.

Meanwhile, Kenobi ate Grievous' gears for breakfast...without milk.

Antediluvian
Maul would wreck Grievous.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Council#13
^What he said
You mean what she said wink

DePWNZOR
Maul is really stupid, and extremely overconfident. His force potential was lowered drastically too, so he couldn't force choke. Grievous wins.

Razielim
His force potential was drastically low? Please.

At the age of 22 he was ripping up Jedi Masters and some of the best duelists in the Order.

And he could Force choke.

Deadpool14
Originally posted by DePWNZOR
Maul is really stupid, and extremely overconfident. His force potential was lowered drastically too, so he couldn't force choke. Grievous wins.

any more baseless accusations and you will be shunned!

Captain REX
Pretty much...

I don't get the whole 'losing limbs and body parts lowers your power and potential!' thing. Vader seemed pretty freaking powerful even after he got hacked up.

Deadpool14
Pretty much...

I don't get the whole 'losing limbs and body parts lowers your power and potential!' thing. Vader seemed pretty freaking powerful even after he got hacked up.

true. with vader it slowed him down a little physically. possibly letting focus more on the dark side?

but with maul, it made him faster and stronger. and he still used the dark side.

starwars

Captain REX
Seriously, Maul looked like a tank when he was running. I would not want THAT running straight towards me...

Deadpool14
i would have crapped myself.

Motoko Sama
I doubt Owen wanted another one on one shot with Maul after he smacked him with his own rifle, and broke it across his face.

Darth Vious
I don't get the whole 'losing limbs and body parts lowers your power and potential!' thing.
An individuals power and potential to wield the Force is determined by their midi-chlorian count. Anakin had the highest ever reading (having been created through manipulation of the Force) so it's not surprizing that he was the most powerfull Jedi (just not necessarily the most skilled Jedi...) When a person is maimed as Anakin (or Maul for that matter) was, then they lose a signifigant percentage of their midi-chlorian count, (due to missing body parts) so their ability to wield the force is diminished.

Vader seemed pretty freaking powerful even after he got hacked up.
Are you serious? Consider the 'athletic prowess' displayed by Vader in ANH, ESB and RotJ, and compare it to Anakin in his prime (and with all his body parts) in AotC and RotS. There is no comparison to the power he is able to wield in a duel, or the acrobatics that he is able to perfom before he was maimed. Darth Vader, as he appeared in ANH, ESB and RotJ, is a shadow of his former self.

Razielim
An individuals power and potential to wield the Force is determined by their midi-chlorian count. Anakin had the highest ever reading (having been created through manipulation of the Force) so it's not surprizing that he was the most powerfull Jedi (just not necessarily the most skilled Jedi...) When a person is maimed as Anakin (or Maul for that matter) was, then they lose a signifigant percentage of their midi-chlorian count, (due to missing body parts) so their ability to wield the force is diminished.

I'd just like to note that Vader lost less than half of his body. Going by Midichlorians, he would have lost less than half of his potential.

And I'd hardly called AotC Anakin to be anywhere near his prime. Mecha Vader is 80% as powerful as a superior version of Palpatine, and he has stomped on many PT Jedi before. No doubt in my mind Mecha Vader > AotC Anny

Hell, it can be argued that RotS Anakin is the strongest Jedi of the PT era, assuming his heads on properly of course.

Not only that, the Force is something beyond physical limitations, according to Yoda in ESB. I think the whole concept of Midichlorians to be childish. Well, that's just me.

Deadpool14
i agree. Midichlorians just determine how intune with the force you are. like Qui-gon said, "They are constantly speaking to us, telling us the will of the Force."

So, how I see it: the more midichlorians, the more potential and better conection ( like a telephone) to the force. Vader is so powerful because of his potential, training, and will. Surviving Mustafar is testament to that.

DarthMaul9123
you all forget that maul would have his entire upper body his legs are hardly a hinderence, he got fixed by geonosians and so did grievouse so what makes you think he isnt as flexible as grievouse, plus maul can still use the force, in saboteur and shadow both he battled super human droids for hours on end, plus he dropped the black sun, a notorious bounty hunter and Yanth the hutt's entire army of guards. Maul also took out two different fuel companies in saboteur!

darthsith19
No, where did you ever get the idea that he lost less than 1/2 his body? In the ANH AC, Lucas says Vader lost half his body, exactly. He's talking about the fight and why it's pretty slow and stuff when in ROTS Obi and Vader are fighting super fast. He says it's slow because it's between someone who is half machine and someone who is old.

DarthMaul9123
he lost his arms and legs thats hardly half his body considering all ligaments were below the knees/elbows

Captain REX
Don't forget that the rest of him was cooked like bacon.

Originally posted by Darth Vious
Are you serious? Consider the 'athletic prowess' displayed by Vader in ANH, ESB and RotJ, and compare it to Anakin in his prime (and with all his body parts) in AotC and RotS. There is no comparison to the power he is able to wield in a duel, or the acrobatics that he is able to perfom before he was maimed. Darth Vader, as he appeared in ANH, ESB and RotJ, is a shadow of his former self.

That is not power, that is agility. Feats that Vader manages to pull off with the Force are worthy of Master Yoda, many of them very early on after ROTS. For example, his brutally bashing Roan Shryne to death with a wooden catwalk that he basically ripped apart with significant ease, once he had really gotten the hang of the Dark Side. He crushes the Dark Woman, a Jedi who exhibited bizarre abilities and great power, with very little difficulty, though she presents some problems for him in the beginning of the duel...not the end, though. He holds a massive tree over her and drops it...

His use of the Force is power. Using it in agile moves isn't really a very good measure of power.

Jonathan Mark
Don't forget that the rest of him was cooked like bacon.

That is not power, that is agility. Feats that Vader manages to pull off with the Force are worthy of Master Yoda, many of them very early on after ROTS. For example, his brutally bashing Roan Shryne to death with a wooden catwalk that he basically ripped apart with significant ease, once he had really gotten the hang of the Dark Side. He crushes the Dark Woman, a Jedi who exhibited bizarre abilities and great power, with very little difficulty, though she presents some problems for him in the beginning of the duel...not the end, though. He holds a massive tree over her and drops it...

His use of the Force is power. Using it in agile moves isn't really a very good measure of power.

I hated when he killed the Dark Woman...

Captain REX
Must be said, that story is technically non-canon due to the fact that Tales is disputed due to the random stories they throw in that usually are like 'wtf? that can't be right...'

I thought it was a great fight, myself. Sad and heartless, but a great duel.

tdtd
The hell? There's a cyborg Maul now? Wonderful.

DarthMaul9123
I doubt Owen wanted another one on one shot with Maul after he smacked him with his own rifle, and broke it across his face.
is this the same owen that luke was given to?, oh and im considering reading the new vader book like right after ROTS, any positive or negative comments?

Razielim
Originally posted by Razielim

Anywho, here are the scans from Maul vs Ben.

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_01.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_02.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_03.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_04.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_05.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_06.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_07.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_08.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_09.jpg

http://agasonex.com/maul/maul_10.jpg

Deadpool14
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
is this the same owen that luke was given to?, oh and im considering reading the new vader book like right after ROTS, any positive or negative comments?

yes.

and i loved the Dark Woman duel.
the analogy between the flower species and the jedi was sweet.

Captain REX
Originally posted by tdtd
The hell? There's a cyborg Maul now? Wonderful.

It was an Infinities story from Visionaries. Don't worry, he's not running rampant in the OT...

Rise of the Dark Lord is a great novel.

Motoko Sama
LOL, "I'm gonna have to ask you to stop right there and lemme see your hands". Uncle Owen = Police officer.

DarthMaul9123
BULLSHIT HE GOT DROPPED!!!! old ass obiwan would get his old ****** Ass dropped! GOD **** obiwan, eherm dang it man oh fiddlesticks this is poopy

Deadpool14
augh, you didn't scan the part where Maul tracks Obi-Wan! sad

tdtd
Mother ****er. What comic is that from? I didn't know Maul became a cyborg..Wow.

Razielim
Owen was cold to Obi, considering he just saved his life...

DarthMaul9123
man that pisses me off, i bet he comes back to life and kills ben then crawls in his skin and vader and him work it out to rig a trap door under where you think obiwan dies, and then maul returns and DESTROYS EVERY SINGLE JEDI, but im not god so...........

Captain REX
Okay, Maul9123? No.

Tdtd, it's the comic 'Old Wounds,' from Visionaries. I already said that. shock Hell, it's posted now.

It must be said, Owen's pissed that Maul had even come there. He wouldn't have if Kenobi hadn't been.

DarthMaul9123
wiat what

jollyjim311
Maul gets owned because he is slow and clunky and lost all his force powers and potential when he got cut in half. He would get owned by little Luke. (Spite).

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Maul gets owned because he is slow and clunky and lost all his force powers and potential when he got cut in half. He would get owned by little Luke. (Spite).
eer

darthsith19
he lost his arms and legs thats hardly half his body considering all ligaments were below the knees/elbows
More than his legs... he got cut at above the waistline, in his stomach. Lucas says he lost 1/2 his body, Obi-Wan says he's "More machine than man." So yes, he lost 1/2 his body, at least.

Your talking about The Rise of Darth Vader? It was a good book, I liked it. Not as good as Shatterpoint, IMHO, which is my favorite Star Wars book, but it ranked among the top of the list for me.

And really, Luke was so young in that comic, he wasn't even able to talk, it can't have been more than a year after ROTS and Maul put up a far better fight against Obi-Wan than Grievous did. maul beats Grievous.

Razielim
But he didn't.

http://shampoopoo.com/starwars/anakin_uk_paper.jpg

He lost most of his legs, not all. Same with his arms.

He lost alot of skin though.

darthsith19
Originally posted by Razielim
But he didn't.

http://shampoopoo.com/starwars/anakin_uk_paper.jpg

He lost most of his legs, not all. Same with his arms.

He lost alot of skin though.

He lost 1/2 his body, Lucas says so, end of story.

Blaxican Style
Originally posted by darthsith19
He lost 1/2 his body, Lucas says so, end of story.

your face is end of sotry.

sorry had to throw that out their.

Hokage Yoda
I say Maul will lose as George Lucas will walk in and say that "you are no longer alive in canon so Grevious wins

number 72!
You Guys Keep sayin Maul Would loose becuase he became half robot and is "slow and clunky." well grievous is 100% robot so he is even more "slow and clunky" rite? then you say he lost midi-whatever becuase he lost part of his body. so if the less flesh and blood you are the less midi-things your are so grievous mdi-thing equals zero! and grievous would probably run away. Maul would win... even though i dont like him. And grievous is no longer alive in cannon either. at least not to my knolage(sp?).

VADER RULES!!!!!!!!

Rampant ox
Originally posted by number 72!
You Guys Keep sayin Maul Would loose becuase he became half robot and is "slow and clunky." well grievous is 100% robot so he is even more "slow and clunky" rite? then you say he lost midi-whatever becuase he lost part of his body. so if the less flesh and blood you are the less midi-things your are so grievous mdi-thing equals zero! and grievous would probably run away. Maul would win... even though i dont like him. And grievous is no longer alive in cannon either. at least not to my knolage(sp?).

VADER RULES!!!!!!!!

What the f**k?

Darth Vious
That is not power, that is agility.
No, it is use of the Force to propel his body (as with Form IV combat) Take Master Yoda for example: He is in no way physically agile (he needs to use a cane to support himself while walking) yet he can use the Force to perform acrobatic moves in combat. When Anakin was maimed, he lost some of the things that allowed him to use the Force (the midi-chlorians in his cells), and it would be the same with the cyborg Maul.

Originally posted by darthsith19
More than his legs... he got cut at above the waistline, in his stomach. Lucas says he lost 1/2 his body, Obi-Wan says he's "More machine than man." So yes, he lost 1/2 his body, at least.
Half (50%) of something (particularly a body) does not necessarily have to be a literal bisection. Burns victims are rated by the coverage of their burns. Someone who had burns to their arms and legs might be considered to have 50% burns, but that would not be the same as saying that they were burned only from the waist down with an unaffected torso. This is the case with the wounds Anakin received. Obi-Wan cut off his remaining forearm and both shins. Anakin then caught fire and had most of his skin burnt off. That could have been half of his body mass, even though it was not a literal 50-50 split (which Maul was) Anakin was never cut in half at the waist.

You Guys Keep sayin Maul Would loose becuase he became half robot and is "slow and clunky." well grievous is 100% robot so he is even more "slow and clunky" rite? then you say he lost midi-whatever becuase he lost part of his body. so if the less flesh and blood you are the less midi-things your are so grievous mdi-thing equals zero!
Grievous might not be Force Sensitive, but, his brain had been enhanced with computer processors that gave him the necessary reactions and coordination to be able to wield lightsabers as well (if not better) than a Jedi. Cyborg Maul would not be as agile as Grievous due to the connection of his organic torso and artificial waist (Grievous' body was much more flexible, the Clone Wars showed the kind of moves he was capable of before Mace's Force Crush ****ed him up) and his body is still being controlled by an entirely organic brain, where Grievous' brain is artificially enhanced, so his reactions and coordination would be far superior. Also, the loss of Maul's legs, would (as shown above) have weakened his connection to the Force due to the reduction of his midi-chlorian count.

Broly92
Maul still kills all

Eragon993
Maul wins. he still is flexible like grievous and he can still use the force which will help him a lot

Broly92
Originally posted by Eragon993
Maul wins. he still is flexible like grievous and he can still use the force which will help him a lot
Co-signed

Legion_of_Maul
all maul has to do is beat him to the punch... grab him with his massive legs, and rip him apart.

Sin Harvest
Man Grievous wins because of his super cool coughing ability!!

Darth Vious
Originally posted by Broly92
Maul still kills all
In the comic, he didn't seem to kill anyone...

He wouldn't be as flexible as Grievous, and his use of the Force is diminished from what it was, bringing me to my next point

Originally posted by Legion_of_Maul
all maul has to do is beat him to the punch...
Maul couldn't even dodge a single blaster bolt, and was shot by Owen. Grievous (in CLone Wars) was able to dodge full auto rapid fire blaster cannons from multiple assailants, his reactions are clearly far superior to Cyborg Maul's...

number 72!
maul could easly use forces push to dis arm greicous and go in for the kill

Darth Vious
maul could easly use forces push to dis arm greicous and go in for the kill
Seeing as he has literally only half the connection to the Force that he once had (which was never used to move large objects) I doubt that would pose much of a problem to Grievous.

kamikz
Also note that Grievous dodged Ki-Adi Mundis force push...

Darth Vious
Originally posted by kamikz
Also note that Grievous dodged Ki-Adi Mundis force push...
Precicely.
People are too quick to only think of Grievous as he appeared in RotS (Damaged from a Force Choke that easily reduced his abilities by half)
In Clone Wars however, when Grievous was on Top Form, he was shown to:
Take on five Jedi, while using only two lightsabers (didn't even need to detatch his secondary arms) (In RotS, he had to use four lightsabers and all his arms just to take on Obi-Wan)
Avoid a Force push
Dodge fully automatic blaster fire from multiple targets
Totally dominate and butcher Clones who had been assigned to protect Palpatine (presumeably 501st, or some other elite unit)
In peak condition, Grievous would have no difficulty with Darth Maul in his peak condition, so cyborg Maul, with reduced Force capabilities, would prove no problem.

BlaxicanTroller
Also, remeber eh not only dodges the fire from fully aoutomatic guns, but dodged missles and bullets from one of those Clone dropship things. The ones that have bubbles on the edge of the winsg with cloens in em with lasers?

Darth Vious
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
Also, remeber eh not only dodges the fire from fully aoutomatic guns, but dodged missles and bullets from one of those Clone dropship things. The ones that have bubbles on the edge of the winsg with cloens in em with lasers?
Exactly. Grievous' reflexes before he was damaged where phenomenal and way superior to a fully organic being (even a Jedi)

BlaxicanTroller
I concur. And I think that if Cyborg Maul can lose to old ANH Obi-Wan, hes mincement to GG.

Broly92
Precicely.
People are too quick to only think of Grievous as he appeared in RotS (Damaged from a Force Choke that easily reduced his abilities by half)
In Clone Wars however, when Grievous was on Top Form, he was shown to:
Take on five Jedi, while using only two lightsabers (didn't even need to detatch his secondary arms) (In RotS, he had to use four lightsabers and all his arms just to take on Obi-Wan)
Avoid a Force push
Dodge fully automatic blaster fire from multiple targets
Totally dominate and butcher Clones who had been assigned to protect Palpatine (presumeably 501st, or some other elite unit)
In peak condition, Grievous would have no difficulty with Darth Maul in his peak condition, so cyborg Maul, with reduced Force capabilities, would prove no problem.

Regular Maul destroys Grevouis he took on like 500 mercenaries

Hokage Yoda
Regular Maul destroys Grevouis he took on like 500 mercenaries. By the way I'm a n00b.

Grevious Dominated Arc Troops. Took on FIVE Jedi two of which were on the Council. And a Gunship thats WAY better than Mercenaries big grin

Broly92
Not at the same time though
Who put i'm a noob I'm no noob so shutup but I don't care I was only joking

BlaxicanTroller

He owned the arc troopers AND the gunship at the same time. And Maul would have gotten BI*CH SLAPPED by 5 jedi, two of which were on the council.

Broly92
Originally posted by BlaxicanTroller
He owned the arc troopers AND the gunship at the same time. And Maul would have gotten BI*CH SLAPPED by 5 jedi, two of which were on the council.
Read before you answer
Who put i'm a noob I'm no noob so shutup but I don't care I was only joking

Hokage Yoda
Who put i'm a noob I'm no noob so shutup but I don't care I was only joking. I'm sorry Hokage I really am a n00b sad

Basically First he pwnd all Jedi there which by the way is 7 including the Padawan and the one who died outside then Arcs came to the Rescue and then he pwnd them so then the Gunship came and they Ran Away.

Broly92
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
Basically First he pwnd all Jedi there which by the way is 7 including the Padawan and the one who died outside then Arcs came to the Rescue and then he pwnd them so then the Gunship came and they Ran Away. Noob noob noob. Sorry I know I'm a loser but I have to keep saying noob
It is okay

BlaxicanTroller
Read before you answer

Use reeading comprehension. It's good for you.

kamikz
Hokage Yoda, stop changing quotes or you will get banned sooner or later. And Broly, I know he started but you could get banned as well if you change his too....

Hokage Yoda
It is okay

I'm sorry Broly lets be freinds before rex gets here and bans us cool

Captain REX
Broly, don't complain if you're labeled a n00b. It'll only make you more n00blike. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Hokage, don't change quotes.

And I still stand by Cyborg Maul. He wasn't killed by ANH Kenobi...it seemed like it was only three to five years after ROTS, gaging by Luke's size and appearance in the comic.

In any case, I think Maul would take this. He has just as much agility as Grievous, and has the Force.

Legion_of_Maul
true that, and his birdman feet could crush grievous, since he has the force he could do this before grievous.

Broly92
Originally posted by Hokage Yoda
I'm sorry Broly lets be freinds before rex gets here and bans us cool
Cool raver

Darth Vious
Regular Maul destroys Grevouis he took on like 500 mercenaries
Where? In what medium? An EU comic written by a Maul fanboy? That sounds like a bullshit exageration.

Clone Wars is, as canon, on par with the live action movies, and in Clone Wars, Grievous was shown to have the skills I listed above, all of which make him superior to Maul (fully organic or cyborg)

Darth Vious
Yes, all at the same time. When he first attempted to capture Palpatine, there were probably a dozen elite clone troops (plus Imperial Guards) in the room, and they all wound up getting butchered.

Darth Vious
In any case, I think Maul would take this. He has just as much agility as Grievous, and has the Force.
But as pointed out previously, Grievous could dodge Force Blasts.

Broly92
Where? In what medium? An EU comic written by a Maul fanboy? That sounds like a bullshit exageration.

Clone Wars is, as canon, on par with the live action movies, and in Clone Wars, Grievous was shown to have the skills I listed above, all of which make him superior to Maul (fully organic or cyborg)
No when Palpetine ordered him to attack Black Sun

kamikz
He may have took on a number moderatley near 500, but not at the same time. He went through alot of places and fought people, but the highest he fought at a time would be tops 30. I'd say that the total number would not really measure up to 500, but pretty close....

Darth Vious
No when Palpetine ordered him to attack Black Sun
I repeat my question: What medium was that in? Was it a comic? Was it a novel? Either way, they are hardly written by unbiassed writers, and, if plot necessity requires a character to live, then they can face and defeat any opponent (that would normally be beyond them) just because they have to survive, in order to be in the events that follow chronologically (but were written before)

Darth Nihiuls
I think CW Grievous PWNS maul cyborg or not. besides grievous also kills people with his huge legs if you watch CW. besides a doubt a double bladed saber will work to well against four. also what Vious says is right because star wars is written out of order you can't have someone important die

jollyjim311
Maul wins.

Yay for him.

GM Nebaris
I agree. One question: can Cyborg Maul use the force?

jollyjim311
No, he forgot how. no expression

GM Nebaris
Through solitude?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.