Aurora vs BakaXero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Alliance
Aurora vs BakaXero

Judge: Alliance

Render: I liked this one

Criteria: must be square (any size under 500x500) and under 100kb

Bonus: Keep render's color scheme. Include one relevant chinese character.

Deadline: 84 hours from post (2214 CDT on Thursday May 11th)

Good Luck!

Lana
Cool render smile

If anyone's wondering, it's from a game called Magna Carta stick out tongue

Aurora
Originally posted by Lana
Cool render smile

I was definatly wondering!!!

Alliance
laughing out loud I was too!

BakaXero
Originally posted by Lana
Cool render smile

i figured it out from all the other Magna Carta renders i've collected stick out tongue

a square?
DAMMIT!!! disgust

Alliance
laughing out loud I'm gonna make you two work for it. big grin These duels should be about challenging your skillz as an artist.

Im making you do a square with a very linear render. I think it'll be fun and I'm interested to see how you two will handle it.

DraconaInVolata
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud I'm gonna make you two work for it. big grin These duels should be about challenging your skillz as an artist.

i agree. lol. I usually try to get something for a render that ppl aren' familiar with, though i don't always succeed...

lol. I"ll have to watch this duel, should be interesting....

Alliance
ninja I'll be watching too.

I find its easier to give them abnormal requirements (like a square render).

BakaXero
I hate you no expression

Alliance
no expression

laughing out loud OK no expression

DraconaInVolata
ninja I'll be watching too.

I find its easier to give them abnormal requirements (like a square render).

hm... i may have to steal that tactic sometime, am i allowed to? lol.

Aurora
I spent time on this one. I created everything in the sig except for the render and the character (which means Tranquility btw)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/Aurora8387/Tranquilitysig.jpg

400x400, 95.4kbs

Barker
Originally posted by Aurora
I spent time on this one. I created everything in the sig except for the render and the character (which means Tranquility btw)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/Aurora8387/Tranquilitysig.jpg

400x400, 95.4kbs
That's just.. Whoa. eek!

Alliance
Originally posted by DraconaInVolata
hm... i may have to steal that tactic sometime, am i allowed to? lol.

Your certainly able too. laughing out loud I believe thats covered under "freedom of expression within the ruleds of a judge" ( I'm sure Lana could tell you )

Nice entry Aurora! And thank you for telling me what the character means. I don't know Chinese embarrasment

BakaXero
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/949/squarecrap22sp.jpg

365x365px 99.1kb happy
my real names at the bottom but written in chinese confused
bakaxero is written there somewhere erm
and i put sex in there too ninja
what can i say nothing seems to interest her no expression

S.S
Originally posted by BakaXero
http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/949/squarecrap22sp.jpg

365x365px 99.1kb happy
my real names at the bottom but written in chinese confused
bakaxero is written there somewhere erm
and i put sex in there too ninja
what can i say nothing seems to interest her no expression
Brilliant!!euro

Alliance
laughing out loud Guiness

Alliance
Review: Aurora

Positives: This sig has a great mood to it , you really captured the vision of the render. Nice scholor scheme, origianal, I really like the tree. The water was a nice addition, as it adds some new color and works even better as a design element. The reflection was nice too.

Negatives: The plurring on the render was a bit too much and the hatchiness of the groung/face in background is too much. Also, the blending between the sky and the ground wasn't quite up to par.

Bonus: Relevant Chinese character. (no color scheme because of the blue)

Thorinn
Holy friggin crap, those are some grade A topnotch duelists, I would have failed this with flying colors. 4321

Alliance
Review: Baka

Positives: Great energy to the sig. Squares are a nice design element, especialyl in the circle. You also did a nice job using the visions of the render, doing it totally diffferent thatn Aurora, and applying it the the rest of the sig (cubes).

Negatives: The background is a bit much, especially with the glow. IT en hance the energy alot, but the render also gets lost and isn't very physically integrated into the sig.

Bonus: color scheme (you dont get characters because you included 20+/- (i would have give you your name though)

Alliance
First: BOTH WERE VERY GOOD! (very honestly)

It was very close, but I give it to Baka. He did a nice job with making the background interesting, but it definately ended up overpowering the render. Aurora's had a better artistic concept (though the "choose the box was a better conceptual concept", but what lost it for her was the underdevelopment of the background. I would have reccomended sprucing it up some (not at all like Baka's because you want to keep the serenity/animated quality of the render) but just give it some more attention/realism/variation/subtle detail. The hatching shows that you were thinking of this, but you needed to give it a bit more attention (it was too flat). (then you would've won assuming Baka's was the same.)

GOOD JOB BOTH OF YOU! This was the best duel I've judged.

BakaXero
what is 20+/-??

I owe Aurora kind of a re-duel for this erm

Alliance
20+/- chinese characters

what do you owe her a re-duel for?

BakaXero
what 20+/- chinese characters?
they all had a meaning!

Alliance
i know, the bonus said include "one" chinese character laughing out loud

I was referring to all the ones on the cubes. Don't get me wrong, it was an awesome idea. I loved it. You just didn't get the bonus for it.

BakaXero
the ones one the cubes aren't actually chinese characters thought erm
they just look like they are. they spell out bakaxero if you look carefully.

TOH
Originally posted by BakaXero
the ones one the cubes aren't actually chinese characters thought erm
they just look like they are. they spell out bakaxero if you look carefully.
Far East font? Nice work BTW shock

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
Far East font? Nice work BTW shock
thats the font!!! eek!
you are good notworthy

Alliance
OH! messed My apolgies. I didn't see that.

Baka gets character bonus!....

... and still wins. laughing out loud

BakaXero
OH! messed My apolgies. I didn't see that.

Baka gets character bonus!....

... and still wins. laughing out loud
no need
just stating a point happy

Alliance
laughing out loud thank you.

A.D. Skinner
Review: Aurora

Positives: This sig has a great mood to it , you really captured the vision of the render. Nice scholor scheme, origianal, I really like the tree. The water was a nice addition, as it adds some new color and works even better as a design element. The reflection was nice too.

Negatives: The plurring on the render was a bit too much and the hatchiness of the groung/face in background is too much. Also, the blending between the sky and the ground wasn't quite up to par.

Bonus: Relevant Chinese character. (no color scheme because of the blue)

Just out of curiosity...how can you in one sentence tell her that the water was a nice addition, and it adds some new color and works even better as a design element, but then further down, you knock it saying that there was no color scheme. confused

Lana
Usually when someone says something's got a color scheme that means that the thing is primarily one color. Like my current sig has a blue color scheme; yours has a yellow color scheme. The blue of the water kind of broke with the yellow scheme of the render.

Alliance
Yes, Lana's correct. To me, when I asked for the color scheme of the render, i meant the yellow, beiges, greys and browns of the original. Aurora didn't follow those so she didn't get the bonus, but the color she added was nice and worked well with the picture.

The blue was very nice, and she certainly wasn't down-pointed for it. (in fact she was up-poinited). She just didn't get the ponus point.

I should have been more specific in my comment. Sorry if I sounded hypocritical.

A.D. Skinner
No problem...I was just curious is all

Thanks for the explanation Alliance

Alliance
Sure, no problem. I just have a nasty habit of stirring up controversy when I judge (Aurora vs SS duel?). sad

A.D. Skinner
Well just don't forget your duel that I am judging

BakaXero
i have have a habit of causing controversy for no reason no expression

Alliance
I won't AD.

laughing out loud Baka. If controversy = humor

BakaXero
what Humour? confused

Alliance
I dunno no expression

Aurora
Congrats Baka! I finally got on and saw this! I've been really busy messed

I knew when I saw your sig that I was in for a good duel! But I'll take you up on a reduel whenever ya want wink

Thanks for judging Alliance, after the last time... it was a risk. angel

BakaXero
Great duel, you are a tough opponent smile

Alliance
Originally posted by Aurora
Congrats Baka! I finally got on and saw this! I've been really busy messed

I knew when I saw your sig that I was in for a good duel! But I'll take you up on a reduel whenever ya want wink

Thanks for judging Alliance, after the last time... it was a risk. angel

My pleasure, you're and excellent sigmaker and I always like judging good duels. I'm sorry you didn't win! laughing out loud Your sig was excellent.

We must duel sometime ninja

but not right now...too many other things

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.