Best Cult / Robbery Movies?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

deathbycorn
What are some good cult / robbery / violent movies worth seeing?

Please add to my list

Pulp Fiction
Resivour Dogs
Jackie Brown
Swordfish
The Usual Suspects
Snatch
Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
Trainspotting
The Big Hit
The Big Lebowski
The Italian Job
Get Shorty
Be Cool
Oceans Eleven
Oceans Twelve
Kids
12 Monkeys
American History X
Lord of War

jaden101
dead presidents
bubba ho-tep
mullholland drive
serenity
the life of david gale
narc
zatoichi
irreversible

Dusty
Aside from the ones already named...

Lucky Number Slevin
Jackie Brown

jaden101
so just lucky number slevin then...seeing as jackie brown had been mentioned wink

Dusty
Originally posted by jaden101
so just lucky number slevin then...seeing as jackie brown had been mentioned wink

*Double checks*

Oh, right.

Jarshewa
dog day afternoon

C-Dic
Swordfish
Be Cool
Oceans Twelve
Kids
Lord of War

You did say good, right?

Solo
Originally posted by jaden101
mullholland drive
As much as I really, really, like really, love this movie, I don't think it qualifies. Lynch was nominated for Best Director, which means it's quite popular, right?

Jarshewa
Originally posted by C-Dic
Swordfish
Be Cool
Oceans Twelve
Kids
Lord of War

You did say good, right?

Kids was a good movie in my book

C-Dic
"KIDS" wasn't a movie, IMO. It was just a ****ed up ABC After School Special with annoying hellspawn with loose morals and no parents.

Tired Hiker
Wild At Heart

BackFire
Bonnie and Clyde - A quintessential violent/robbery movie. Also simply an outstanding film, as good as it is important.

Taxi Driver - Same as above, a very important, influential and unique film for its time, a shocking use of violence at the end of well, again, for its time.

Irreversible - Unforgettable film with some of the most effective use of violence ever, like it or hate it, it will affect you.

Kids - A movie (it is) with an important theme and message that is very relevant to the current generation, a movie that should be seen at least once, you'll either love it or hate it probably.

Salo - Same type of thing as Irreversible. A film that you won't ever forget, and that will affect you in some way or another. Considered to be the most disturbing and disgusting film ever made, I don't disagree. A terrifying portrait of the seemingly infinite depths that a human being can reach.

Scarface - It's violent, and it's kind a cult movie, it's neat.

Dog Day Afternoon - A great bank robbery movie, deserves more credit than it gets, a great movie.

deathbycorn
Fight Club was pretty good too.

Come on I need more Action type movies like Broken Arrow, Con Air etc.

And C-Dic, Lord of War was a great movie imo.

MetallicaT
Originally posted by Jarshewa
Kids was a good movie in my book

so is ocean's 12

Myth
Swordfish
Be Cool
Oceans Twelve
Kids
Lord of War

You did say good, right?

I actually liked Swordfish and Lord of War.

Dusty
Originally posted by MetallicaT
so is ocean's 12

Oceans 12 made me want to kill myself. Oceans 11 completely obliterated the sequel, IMO.

C-Dic
"Lord of War" was a 2 hour long opening narrative, like I've said before. Nicholas Cage's voice gets so ****ing annoying. It's a movie about a guy who can't get out of arms dealing, regardless of how it hurts himself or anyone else. That theme has been done to death, and in more entertaining movies.

WrathfulDwarf
No Steve McQueen fans around here so I'll say The Getaway.

I can't believe you guys didn't even mention Dog Day Afternoon or Heat with Al Pacino. Friggin kick ass movies!

Myth
Dog Day Afternoon was mentioned several times. Although, Heat definitely should have been mentioned.

deathbycorn
Blow

C-Dic
"Blow" is neither cult nor a heist film, IIRC.

Jarshewa
"KIDS" wasn't a movie, IMO. It was just a ****ed up ABC After School Special with annoying hellspawn with loose morals and no parents.
you sound a little touchy on the subject of what teen actually freggin do.
some might see it as a eye opener you might see it ass the 'devil'

BackFire
It was meant to be an eye opener, and to many it was.

C-Dic
Originally posted by Jarshewa
you sound a little touchy on the subject of what teen actually freggin do.
some might see it as a eye opener you might see it ass the 'devil'

It's a little exagerrated, IMO. I'd assume even for NY. I hated every single character in that movie, especially that wigger Casper (ironically named). I'm predisposed to loathing kids in general as it is, so with that disposition, I guess my views are to be expected.

BackFire
The characters were supposed to be detestable, but also pitiful because their current actions will haunt them for the rest of their lives, some even destroying them completely, and at such a young age.

No doubt it was a worse case scenario, not often happening, but kids like the ones portrayed in the film DO exist, and that's the most shocking thing about the film.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Myth
Dog Day Afternoon was mentioned several times. Although, Heat definitely should have been mentioned.

Yeah I notice....I was just trying to get Backfire to notice me....

*waves at BF*

UselessCatalyst
would Boondock Saints count as a violent movie?

Dusty
A cat blows up and it's blood spatters on the wall.

Yeah. I'd say so.

WarmVanilla
Ocean's Twelve
The Italian Job
Matchstick Men

-------------
q121.com/freestuff

Neo_Version 7
Lucky Number Slevin yes stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.