Wolverine: Origins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
First issue is out!

What does everyone think of it?

Jade Lightning
I flipped through it at the bookstore. Didn't pay much attention to it so I can't really help you out; the one thing I can say is that I think if the art presented inside the work was anything like the impressive cover art, then it would shoot up on my scale, but the art wasn't terrible.

Lucid Lui
Meh. The issue did nothing for me. I was gonna drop the regular title for Origins, but i think instead i'll just keep on getting the regular title and pick up Origins in trade IF it turns out to be any good.

SnakeEyes
I think it will turn out to be good. I like the whole concept of Wolvie knowing a lot of his past and seeking revenge on the bastards that did that to him. The art is alright, it's by Steve Dillon, the same guy who did a lot of Punisher stuff. Plus, Wolverine's wearing his brown suit again!

Disappear
it didnt really make much sense. dugan's getting yelled at, there's a fake missile which apparently was wolverine's distraction to get into the white house, but then a shiva bot comes out of it? why? what? i'll get another issue or two, and decide whether or not it's worth following through with.

Dayscribe
It was decent.

Mr. Valentine
It can only get better big grin (hopefully no expression)

Dark Shazam93
Anyon got scans?

SnakeEyes
I don't...

The 5th issue, I believe, comes out this month.

Anyone else reading this series?

King_Mungi
I am, and the art is just horrible. The fight scene with Cap and Wolverine was horribly drawn...just horrible

DarkCrawler
The art is...urrgh. sick

Otherwise it's an ok read.

SnakeEyes
I don't think Steve Dillon is THAT bad...

King_Mungi
He's not, his artwork in the Supreme Power: Nighthawk was excellent but he is really missing the ball thus far on this series I feel

DarkCrawler
His action scenes...everything is just stiff...like watching statues battle. And everybody's faces look just the same.

King_Mungi
Even the woman have man jaws...and that's not cool

SnakeEyes
You both make valid points. But I like his art better than some other artists, such as McGuiness or Romita Jr.

srankmissingnin
There was an interview I read that touched on Origins. For the life of me I can't remember who they interview (but I don't think it was Way) but the guy said that Dillon would be drawing Origins for sometime to come... he also said that Dillon does all his work in a bar with a beer in his hand a the last day before the deadline is up. So short story even shorter Dillon is a mediocre artist, a drunk and a procrastinator... excellent combo. confused

Story and interior art aside I think the cover art alone is enough to warrant buying Wolverine Origins.

DarkCrawler
Oh yeah, did I mention the teeth? Dillon draws the WORST teeth in comics. Well, it gives me hope. If someone like Dillon or Liefield can get a job as an artist, so can I. stick out tongue

A.J
Whats wrong with the art, I like the way they are drew and especially the colouring.

willRules
I think the art is ok, not the worst I have seen, but he isn't one I'd recommend no

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by A.J
Whats wrong with the art, I like the way they are drew and especially the colouring.

Its bland, uninspired and everyone looks the same?

Grimm22
The writing is boring and stupid.

I mean the fight between Cap and Wolverine was so poorly written on both parts of the characters.

That and I hate Wolverine with a sword its just stupid.

Oh and the art makes me want to cut myself big grin

A.J
The art was great, show me some art you like then, because thats the art i like.

Grimm22
Art I like...

Jim Lee

http://groups.msn.com/artofjimlee

--------

Micheal Turner

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=148

-------------

Ian Churchill

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=212&sessionid=cf416623a7a3b556599d614964f3339e

--------------------

Andrea DiVito

http://www.andreadivito.com/

--------------

Steve McNiven

http://www.stevemcniven.com/

-------

ect........

MJOILNIR
Originally posted by Grimm22
The writing is boring and stupid.

I mean the fight between Cap and Wolverine was so poorly written on both parts of the characters.

That and I hate Wolverine with a sword its just stupid.

Oh and the art makes me want to cut myself big grin
I feel hostility towards this book...... I take it you dont like itshocking

ExodusCloak
I found Emma badly written in this book...since when does she have issues invading other peoples thoughts?

SnakeEyes
I think a good word to describe the art in this book is... tolerable.

capt it up
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
I found Emma badly written in this book...since when does she have issues invading other peoples thoughts?
exivarier had trouble looking around in wolverines head and emma aint ne exiavier

A.J
Art I like...

Jim Lee

http://groups.msn.com/artofjimlee

--------

Micheal Turner

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=148

-------------

Ian Churchill

http://www.comicartcommunity.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=212&sessionid=cf416623a7a3b556599d614964f3339e

--------------------

Andrea DiVito

http://www.andreadivito.com/

--------------

Steve McNiven

http://www.stevemcniven.com/

-------

ect........ All good but I still like Origins.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by capt it up
exivarier had trouble looking around in wolverines head and emma aint ne exiavier

No I didn't mean it that way, I already know Wolvey is hard to probe. What I meant was when Emma entered his head, she said something along the lines of "I don't really enter peoples thoughts uninvited" (Can't remember the exact words but it was something along those lines.) That's what really bugged me, especially when she's well known for abusing her powers.

manjaro
what im wondering about is whats gonna happen to wolvie's kick ass sword? is it gonna end up in the Xmen's vault or is shield gonna get it

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by manjaro
what im wondering about is whats gonna happen to wolvie's kick ass sword? is it gonna end up in the Xmen's vault or is shield gonna get it

Wolverine goes through magic swords like he goes through ninjas. This is like around his sixth magic sword.

DarkCrawler
Isn't Wolverine with a sword pretty much the same thing as Spiderman having a lasso or Archangel having a jetpack or Namor wearing a scuba diving gear? Completely not needed...

lft4ded
That's what really bugged me, especially when she's well known for abusing her powers.

C'mon, it is really abuse that she does? She has a gift and she's sees no point in engaging in false modesty by not exploiting it fully.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by lft4ded
C'mon, it is really abuse that she does? She has a gift and she's sees no point in engaging in false modesty by not exploiting it fully.

Don't get me wrong, if I had powers I'd do the exact same thing. I was pointing out how the book ignored her personality and tried to make her into a passive Xavier/Jean.

Grimm22
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Isn't Wolverine with a sword pretty much the same thing as Spiderman having a lasso or Archangel having a jetpack or Namor wearing a scuba diving gear? Completely not needed...

Yeah erm

But its a magic sword eek!

Grimm22
Originally posted by capt it up
xavier has no trouble looking around in wolverines head and emma shouldn't either

Fixed smile

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by DarkCrawler

I'm assuming they did it simply to spice things up and make things a tiny bit more interesting. And apparently it is, indeed, supposed to be magical enough to the point where it makes him more powerful when wielding it.

King_Mungi
Revealed in new issue, he has a son. I wonder if Flex would get mentioned as he is apparently his son as well

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Revealed in new issue, he has a son. I wonder if Flex would get mentioned as he is apparently his son as well

That was never confirmed only suggested.

capt it up
Fixed smile
except your version is wrong

Grimm22
Bah, the Wolverine/Darkness crossover has more to do with his origins than this piece of crap book yes

srankmissingnin
It will read better in a graphic novel form I think with all the issues one after another.

Grimm22
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It will read better in a graphic novel form I think with all the issues one after another.

Doubtful considering how awful and pointless the book has been.

IMO the Cap thing was the final nail in the cofin of the book.

The fight didnt make sense, the diolauge was awful, it was just a mess

srankmissingnin
Doubtful considering how awful and pointless the book has been.

IMO the Cap thing was the final nail in the cofin of the book.

The fight didnt make sense, the dialogue was awful, it was just a mess

The problem with the book is that story is forced (and slow moving), one of the key players is a D-List character no one cares about and above all else the pacing is bad. The first three issues jumped from the prospective of too many characters and the flash backs were awkward and didn't help advance the story at all. The fight with Captain America was fine; hell it was one of the books only saving graces. It was just a fun slug-fest and that's fine with me. There was plenty of build up and reason for the fight to happen and aside form Cap calling Wolverine a punk the dialogue was pretty good.

Grimm22
The problem with the book is that story is forced (and slow moving), one of the key players is a D-List character no one cares about and above all else the pacing is bad. The first three issues jumped from the prospective of too many characters and the flash backs were awkward and didn't help advance the story at all. The fight with Captain America was fine; hell it was one of the books only saving graces. It was just a fun slug-fest and that's fine with me. There was plenty of build up and reason for the fight to happen and aside form Cap calling Wolverine a punk the dialogue was pretty good.

Ugh sick

The fight was horrible.

I mean Cap using the sword?!? What the f**k?

Nothing made sense. Danial Way is really not doing a good job on the book or most of his books. I mean Ghost Rider sucks right now

srankmissingnin
Ugh sick

The fight was horrible.

I mean Cap using the sword?!? What the f**k?

Nothing made sense. Danial Way is really not doing a good job on the book or most of his books. I mean Ghost Rider sucks right now

I thought Way did a pretty good job on Origins and Ending in the other Wolverine title. It was the first thing that in a Wolverine title even approached being a good run since Frank Tieri's last story arc.

Why wouldn't Cap use the Muramasa blade? He knows as well as anyone that he can't beat Wolverine in combat. There is nothing he can do to put Wolverine down; no matter how well he fights at the end of the day he is just fighting to lose. The sword actually have him a tactical advantage why wouldn't use it? Not to mention he couldn't resume the melee combat with out increasing his heart rate and with it the rate at which the bloodclot moved towards his heart.

SnakeEyes
Just read issue 5.

I wish they would just get a new artist and continue on with the story. Dillon is just so... bland.

Grimm22
Well I picked up the latest issue only because the Queseda cover is so AWESOME!

The book is a LOT better than the last issue, which isnt saying much as it still sucks.

Considering that Hyperion, could completely own Wolverine.

srankmissingnin
Well I picked up the latest issue only because the Queseda cover is so AWESOME!

The book is a LOT better than the last issue, which isnt saying much as it still sucks.

Considering that Hyperion, could completely own Wolverine.

Hyperion? I think you mean Hellion champ.

SnakeEyes
Anyone still reading this?

Grimm22
Hyperion? I think you mean Hellion champ.

Why what did I say stick out tongue

King_Mungi
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Anyone still reading this?

I droped it with the introduction of Omega Red, but may pick it up again when his son appears.

jrodslam
The just started getting it because of the Omega Red arc. In the latest issue, Red dominates Wolvie as usual.big grin

shifty

King_Mungi
I skimmed it, I like how in the past they did research to find Wolverine's weakness.

wolvertooth
Originally posted by jrodslam
The just started getting it because of the Omega Red arc. In the latest issue, Red dominates Wolvie as usual.big grin

shifty

yopu idiot loser, if you knew anything you would know that wolverine f*cked omega read many times, he was able to give both him and lady death strike a beating without his healing factor, you moron omega wasnt beating wolverine he just threw him and ran away like some b*tch because he knew that wolverine is going to kill him so he ran away

King_Mungi
Dude jrodslam is a great member, you do not talk to him like that.

Show some respect.

V for Valentine
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Dude jrodslam is a great member, you do not talk to him like that.

Show some respect.

Agreed, show respect where respect is due Tooth; and it is very much so here. Just because you do not agree with someone doesnt mean you have to swear and insult them.

Soljer
Guys; stop bitching about Wolvertooth. I've heard about twelve rants about him today alone. He'll likely be banned soon, and till then:

Problem solved.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Soljer
Guys; stop bitching about Wolvertooth. I've heard about twelve rants about him today alone. He'll likely be banned soon, and till then:

Problem solved.

Nah erm

He made my day today laughing

jrodslam
Originally posted by wolvertooth
yopu idiot loser, if you knew anything you would know that wolverine f*cked omega read many times, he was able to give both him and lady death strike a beating without his healing factor, you moron omega wasnt beating wolverine he just threw him and ran away like some b*tch because he knew that wolverine is going to kill him so he ran away

I wont get into a name calling battle with you because obviously youre pretty young or just immature.

Now. In comics to date, can you show or list the comic where Wolvie EVER beat Omega Red? I have about every appearance of Red and Wolvie has never beat him. Unless you have one that i dont, ill concede.erm

In the comic that you are talking about, Wolvie wasnt at full health due to not having his powers at 100%. He was running away from Lady D and Red most of the battle. If you think he gave Red and Deathstrike a beating, read the comic again. If youd like me to post the scans, ill do so. Red and Lady D handed Wolvie to sabes on a silver platter pretty much.

In the recent issue of Origins, Red ko'd Wolvie then went after Jubilee or Maverick. He didnt just throw him. He bashed his skull against the wall which knocked him out. Re-read the issue. Red had an objective. Thats his reason for his being there in the first place. He knocked Wolvie out, then continued to procede with the objective.

jrodslam
Thanks V and King.

Respect goes a long way on this forum. Some people know how to debate accordingly and others dont. I dont let it bother me.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by jrodslam
In the comic that you are talking about, Wolvie wasnt at full health due to not having his powers at 100%. He was running away from Lady D and Red most of the battle. If you think he gave Red and Deathstrike a beating, read the comic again. If youd like me to post the scans, ill do so. Red and Lady D handed Wolvie to sabes on a silver platter pretty much.

Also don't forget he was wearing a version of Mac's guardian armor at the time as well.

X-Logan
Anyone has scan of Wolverine Origins issue 6 and 7?

Thanks roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kang16
Whats with the eyes.

Madvillain
the art in it is horrible and puts me off.

Madvillain
Originally posted by Kang16
Whats with the eyes.
haha i was thinking the same thing..

SnakeEyes
Alright... after buying the first 7 issues, I dropped this series.

I couldn't live thinking that it would get better and then being constantly let down.

Such a sad day...

King_Mungi
Yeah I dropped it before Omega Red appeared, just wasn't great to keep my attention and my money.

ExodusCloak
Okay I kind of let this series slip a little due to how bad it actually is...but according to the synopsis of Wolverine Origin #10.

Wolverines son makes his debut and a beloved character(Jubilee I guess) will die.

I may pick this one up after all.

Black Adam
Okay I kind of let this series slip a little due to how bad it actually is...but according to the synopsis of Wolverine Origin #10.

Wolverines son makes his debut and a beloved character(Jubilee I guess) will die.

I may pick this one up after all.

saw a pick on another site. It looks like Dum dum dugan gets two claws through his chest sad

liked that character a hell of lot more then that crappy ex mutant.

jrodslam
I just wanna know why the hell arent they keeping up witgh Omega Red? The only reason im even buying it is because of him. Just off the cover, i thought there was gonna be some sort of 3 way between Wolvie, Red and Sabes. In #10, if they dont show/explain what Red is up to, im gonna drop it till they do. Bah!

Kazenji
Got Issue #26, The new art from Stephen Segovia is different its allright.

Kazenji
So i just read wolverine origins #32

so is Daken this Romulus person or was he just messing around with Cyber's head?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Kazenji
So i just read wolverine origins #32

so is Daken this Romulus person or was he just messing around with Cyber's head?

No, he isn't. He wants to get rid of Romulus and become his successor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.