Final Fantasy VI Advance!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BackFire
Final Fantasy XII? Who cares!? Final Fantasy XIII!? Screw that! The most exciting announcement for the FF series for me is the rerelease of arguably the best game in the series, and my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy VI, for the GBA which is coming out later this year!

The thought of playing this masterpiece over again on a portable system is truly exciting, should make school a lot better! It was rereleased for the PS1 years ago but it wasn't a very clean port, the menus was laggy and the movement of the cursor was constantly delayed.

This version is going to have improved graphics and some other new aspects. I'm really very excited that this is finally coming out, confirming the rumors that have been going around for a few months about it.

I know a lot of new age FF fans haven't had the opportunity to play this, now there's no excuse not to play the best game in the series and one of the best games of all time.

IcePunk
*wants badly.......craps self*

SaTsuJiN
gba!?.. I wanted it for ds.. sad

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by BackFire
Final Fantasy XII? Who cares!? Final Fantasy XIII!? Screw that! The most exciting announcement for the FF series for me is the rerelease of arguably the best game in the series, and my favorite game of all time, Final Fantasy VI, for the GBA which is coming out later this year!

The thought of playing this masterpiece over again on a portable system is truly exciting, should make school a lot better! It was rereleased for the PS1 years ago but it wasn't a very clean port, the menus was laggy and the movement of the cursor was constantly delayed.

This version is going to have improved graphics and some other new aspects. I'm really very excited that this is finally coming out, confirming the rumors that have been going around for a few months about it.

I know a lot of new age FF fans haven't had the opportunity to play this, now there's no excuse not to play the best game in the series and one of the best games of all time. must buy it.......

General Kaliero
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
gba!?.. I wanted it for ds.. sad

'Bout the same, considering that all GBA games play on the DS...

I'll be truly glad to have an updated portable version of FFVI.

I'm just as interested in the DS version of FFIII, though.

BackFire
I got this game today, so far it's wonderful. The dialogue is almost entirely redone, for the better. It's been re-translated and is much more coherent now.

Unfortunately the quality of the wonderful music, known by many as the best in the entire series, had to be downgraded noticeably for the GBA, but when the quality of the melodies are so good, it's not a huge problem.

Get this game now, every one who considers themselves an FF fan and who hasn't played this game should immediately, it's one of the quintessential games in the series.

Lana
I will probably get this soon...really need to finish FFXII and get some more through FFIII before I get another huge in-depth game, though.

JToTheP
I have 1 & 2, and 4 on GBA. I'm about 3/4 the way through 3, and love it. I'm so glad I decided to play the original six, they are so much better then the new ones.

BackFire
Don't forget about V, the cream of the crop for the older ones, more or less.

JToTheP
I'm getting 5 & 6 for my b-day hopefully.

SaTsuJiN
interesting.. are there any gameplay hindrances?... the playstation version had this horrible slowdown.. and loading time before the battle began... I basically got to that serpent river and quit cuz I couldnt stand the nonsense anymore lol

I got much much farther when I played it on SNES though

BackFire
I'm happy to say the terrible slowdown from the PS version is gone, though the game get's a little choppy at times, it's very minor.

No loading times, either.

Really it's a great port, the dialogue changes are a little jarring, but they're not bad, and like I said, the music has been downgraded, but it's still beautiful.

Certainly worth playing, that's for sure, it's a great rerelease.

ESB -1138
Locke, Shadow, Celes, Terra...so many great characters. So little time.

Lana
Originally posted by JToTheP
I have 1 & 2, and 4 on GBA. I'm about 3/4 the way through 3, and love it. I'm so glad I decided to play the original six, they are so much better then the new ones.

FFIII is currently infuriating me to the point that I'm prepared to quit it entirely.

Hopefully that won't happen with this.

ESB -1138
What's infuriating you about 3?

Lana
I posted about it in the FFIII thread.

dirkdirden
My five bought it for my birthday this weekend, but I haven't goten to play it yet, I still play the orignal on the SNES all the time I have a save with over 200 hours on it. Can't wait to play the GBA version.

Second best FF IMO and everyone should pick it up.

dirkdirden
They really botched the music and I died becuase i couldn't do sabin's blitz on the damn DS.

GGGGrrrRRRaaaWWWllll

But other than that the games cool, the speed walking is a nice touch looks funny but nice.

grey fox
Hmmm

Download or buy,download or buy

Decisions decisions.....

dirkdirden
Originally posted by grey fox
Hmmm

Download or buy,download or buy

Decisions decisions.....

m3simply has no gba support so I had to buy it.

JToTheP
I thought we're not suppose to talk about ROMs, Mr. grey fox.

BackFire
Game's so awesome.

dirkdirden
I have to agree with backfire the game rules. I don't understand why Square isn't milking the greatness of the game for all it's worth like they are with FF7.

If they remade FF6 on the PS3 and made it a worthy remake of the original I'd buy both the PS3 and the game in a second, and if they made a continuation of the story starting a few years after FF6 I would like that too.

grey fox
Originally posted by JToTheP
I thought we're not suppose to talk about ROMs, Mr. grey fox.

Wouldn't matter either way , Mr thep, even if I waited a month it would still only be on a beta.

Nuts

Buy it is...or just borrow the PS1 version off a friend....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.