I notice similarities...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MattDay
In the first spiderman film, in a scene when he needs to change into costume he opens his shirt while running, just like superman did in the first movie.

In the second spiderman movie he loses his powers because he doesn't WANT to be a superhero.

In superman 2 superman almost gives up his powers because he didn't WANT to be a superhero if he could be with lois lane.

Spiderman definetely is making small references to the two greatest superhero movies made, anyone else got any similarities they have realized?

Mindship
I forget which Spiderman movie it was, but...

Aunt May to Peter: "You're not Superman, you know."

What I've always wondered was: was that a reference to Big Blue as a comic character in the Spiderverse, or is Supes alive and well, doin' his superhero thing in Metropolis (just like with the first Superman/Spiderman crossover)?

riv6672
I'd say the former.
Superman's part of the lexicon. Not unusual to see him referenced in pop culture. Just last night i saw a Supes shirt in Big Bang Theory, and watching wrestling this morning witnessed not one, but two Superman punches.
The fact that a Spidey movie could use Superman in conversation was just a wink and a nod to a classic character.

Mindship
Originally posted by riv6672
The fact that a Spidey movie could use Superman in conversation was just a wink and a nod to a classic character. thumb up

Star428
I agree with almost everything the OP said except for the part about Kal-El/Clark ALMOST giving up his powers. He DID give his powers up for a short time. Not almost. I seriously doubt that trucker dude could've beat the crap out of him if he had still had his powers. Instead he probably would've broken his hand sooner than he actually did at the end of the movie when Clark had his powers back.

riv6672
I always thought he was powerless at that point, too.

Mindship
He was powerless. He had to be, to bed his woman. Catastrophic results might otherwise have ensued...

http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

riv6672
Man of steel. Not just a gag in Ennis' The Pro.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.