Do you agree with buying/selling MMORPG accounts?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOne101
I do. I think it should be perfectly legal and should have more supporters. Many of the game creators say its against the rules and such but if someone pays for the account over time each month why shouldnt they be able to sell it to make a profit? Blizzard and some others say that even though you pay the fee and play the game the account and its characters belong to blizzard officially. I think thats a load of crap. If you pay for it, it should be yours to do as you please. I support it.
Discuss.

El_NINO
Originally posted by TheOne101
I do. I think it should be perfectly legal and should have more supporters. Many of the game creators say its against the rules and such but if someone pays for the account over time each month why shouldnt they be able to sell it to make a profit? Blizzard and some others say that even though you pay the fee and play the game the account and its characters belong to blizzard officially. I think thats a load of crap. If you pay for it, it should be yours to do as you please. I support it.
Discuss.

What if you were paying $15/month and I stole your account and made a lot of money would you still support your opinion? I doubt it.

What your saying is that stealing should be legal like someone stealing from you on the street, it should be legal according to you. So you would be happy if someone placed a gun to you and said give me your money and you would be perfectly happy with that.

SaTsuJiN
honestly.. its like working without being hired.. also.. you're technically selling the property of that particular game (which is heavily licensed and copywritten).. so game company has the ultimate say in my opinion

Lana
Yeah, the company DOES own your characters. They're copyrighted to the company, not you.

I think selling of accounts is utterly stupid, myself.

BackFire
I have no problem with it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.