Dial-Up or Broadband?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Time Of Evil
There's a bit of a debate starting in the news and Q's forum as to whether the limit on sigs should be put back to the old way. I myself must say that I prefered it the old way. However, it seems that this boils down to the point of how many dial up users this forums has.

So if you could say whether you use Dial up or Broadband it might resolve the debate!

cain marko
broadband waht were the original limits

Slay
What is this about,again? raver

Broadband.

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by Slay
What is this about,again? raver

Broadband.

The forums signature and avatar regulations were brought down because of people using this site who were using Dial-Up connections.

My arguement is that if they use Dial-Up they should be encouraged to change to broadband to benefit everyone. However it seems that KMC are catering for the minority and not giving the majority a good deal. That's why I think that the Dial - Up clan should be encouraged to changed and not shown to much generosity as shown in this case.

Slay
Originally posted by Time Of Evil
The forums signature and avatar regulations were brought down because of people using this site who were using Dial-Up connections.

My arguement is that if they use Dial-Up they should be encouraged to change to broadband to benefit everyone. However it seems that KMC are catering for the minority and not giving the majority a good deal. That's why I think that the Dial - Up clan should be encouraged to changed and not shown to much generosity as shown in this case.
What if the Dial-Up users can't pay broadband? raver

LanceWindu
There's a bit of a debate starting in the news and Q's forum as to whether the limit on sigs should be put back to the old way. I myself must say that I prefered it the old way. However, it seems that this boils down to the point of how many dial up users this forums has.

So if you could say whether you use Dial up or Broadband it might resolve the debate!

Your stupid debate means nothing because you're not looking at the whole picture for ****s sake.

It doesn't entirely matter who has dial up or broadband on KMC, larger images for signatures will put more of a strain on the KMC servers and eat up more bandwidth...it's not going to change all because you personally use broadband and want to whine about small signature limits.

Time Of Evil
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Your stupid debate means nothing because you're not looking at the whole picture for ****s sake.

It doesn't entirely matter who has dial up or broadband on KMC, larger images for signatures will put more of a strain on the KMC servers and eat up more bandwidth...it's not going to change all because you personally use broadband and want to whine about small signature limits.

Hey don't get the wrong idea here. I don't want to start an arguement. I think this is about trying to get dial up users to change to broadband for the benefit of everyone on this website, not just myself!Originally posted by Slay
What if the Dial-Up users can't pay broadband? raver

The cost of broadband in some cases is cheaper than dial - up. Broadband is no longer a luxury.

Lana
For that matter, the kb size limit of sigs never changed. It was the pixel size limits because sigs would be larger than posts and look like billboards.

And it happened over a year ago and Raz said to not count on the sig size being increased again.

Not everyone can get broadband. It's not available in all areas for one thing. It's still rather expensive, and the lower broadband speeds are not all that much faster than dialup.

So deal. If anyone should be complaining it should be those of us who are sigmakers.

Slay
Originally posted by Lana
For that matter, the kb size limit of sigs never changed. It was the pixel size limits because sigs would be larger than posts and look like billboards.

And it happened over a year ago and Raz said to not count on the sig size being increased again.

Get over it.
I think I'd like this size better than the huge ones,anyway. raver

LanceWindu
Hey don't get the wrong idea here. I don't want to start an arguement. I think this is about trying to get dial up users to change to broadband for the benefit of everyone on this website, not just myself!

The cost of broadband in some cases is cheaper than dial - up. Broadband is no longer a luxury.

They aren't holding anyone back. If you knew how to make signatures you can make something amazing that fits within KMC limits. You have a signature that is just about maximum KMC limits, but if you open up Photoshop I guarantee you that you can get the file size down to about 10kbs because your signature has nothing on it.

450 x 150 pixels is more than enough for a signature. Anything larger than that is hideous and bulky.

And like I said in the N&Q thread, I have mid-range broadband, not very fast compared to most others, and I still have to pay $60 a month for it...tell me, how is dial up more expensive?

Time Of Evil

Slay

Lana

Jonathan Mark
My question is why we have such small file sizes for sigs? Why can't Raz up the limit to like 40kb? It would really make it easier to make sigs look better instead of nerfing them down so bad that they look like crap. I mean hell it's pretty stupid if you ask me.

H. S. 6
These are some pretty weak arguments, guys. no

How about, let's up the limit because we want to! Or because we say so! Or because...

Oh, no, wait... they're all stupid, too.

Koala MeatPie
100 mb/sec concidered broadband?

Lana
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
My question is why we have such small file sizes for sigs? Why can't Raz up the limit to like 40kb? It would really make it easier to make sigs look better instead of nerfing them down so bad that they look like crap. I mean hell it's pretty stupid if you ask me.

It's very easy to make a good looking sig under 30kb.

And it's because of people on dialup and the fact that increasing the size will put a large strain on the server.

Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
100 mb/sec concidered broadband?

I highly doubt that's your actual net speed; likely it's the speed of your router connection.

LanceWindu

Did you even read the thread? Server strains...

Notice how many KMC members there are? And how many of them use signatures? And how many guests view the KMC images, which eats even more bandwidth?

Koala MeatPie
(...)

I highly doubt that's your actual net speed; likely it's the speed of your router connection.

I hope its not, I'm paying for 100mb/sec...

Videotron, the way to go.

Jonathan Mark
Did you even read the thread? Server strains...

Notice how many KMC members there are? And how many of them use signatures? And how many guests view the KMC images, which eats even more bandwidth?
10 more kb is not much of a difference... and it would really make it easer to make less grainy looking sigs.

Lana
10 more kb is not much of a difference... and it would really make it easer to make less grainy looking sigs.

10kb times how many thousands of people who use sigs....would be a HUGE difference.

And as I said, it's very easy to do a sig under 30kb that looks good.

Jonathan Mark
10kb times how many thousands of people who use sigs....would be a HUGE difference.

And as I said, it's very easy to do a sig under 30kb that looks good.
Well I suppose it is...

LanceWindu
Well I suppose it is...

Owned

H. S. 6
Owned

No. Pwned.

InnerRise

My arguement is that if they use Dial-Up they should be encouraged to change to broadband to benefit everyone. However it seems that KMC are catering for the minority and not giving the majority a good deal. That's why I think that the Dial - Up clan should be encouraged to changed and not shown to much generosity as shown in this case. Keep in mind that not all areas offer Broadband.

Right now I'm at college where I have it, but back at home where I'll be going soon for the summer, it's not offered. So I'm stuck with Dial-up. If they did offer it I would have been gotten it.

is it comprehensible.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.