Jean Grey vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soss
Current Superman and Current Jean Grey.
NO Phoenix Force

Bloodlust is on.
Takes place near a mountain range.

Who wins?

Galvaclaw
Superman with ease

LordKaos
current jean is the phoenix force

Darksaint
Still, Superman wins. Didn't you get the memo? Post-Crisis Superman is Presence.Ver.2.5

General Kon-El
Superman takes this.

Soss
Originally posted by LordKaos

But, I still said NO phoenix force.

batdude123
Originally posted by LordKaos

The guy just said NO PHOENIX FORCE. Anyways, Superman 10/10.

Dayscribe
T-vo

Superman wins

LordKaos
but you also said current jean! I don't care either way, because it'll turn into that anyway and there are already threads like this, when speaking of Jean be more specific cause you'll get a Phoenix post, especially when you say current.

ZephroCarnelian
No Phoenix - aka this fight - and Superman wins via speedblitz.

Jean's head is exploded by heatvision in the first 1000th of a second.

Phoenix_Avatar9
I guess u mean Jean pre-Phoenix merger. Then superman would win

When u say current Jean, she is the Phoenix there is no separating of the two. She wins

Lord Urizen
If she has pheonix force, she wins.

If she doesn't she loses.

MrHeavySilence
I think she's got an "okay" chance. Maybe Jean could block the heat vision with a force field, then mind rape him. She is an empath of sorts, no? Her psionics could allow her to enter Superman's mind and have him think he's in a sea of kryptonite. The psychological effect would probably give him lots of trouble.

inamilist
even without speed supes is highly resistant to psychics

she might theoretically have the capabilities to take him down in a long drawn out fight, but superman will end it too quickly...

MrHeavySilence
Well he's not "highly" resistant, and he hasn't exactly ever faced a psychic as powerful as Jean Grey (at least I don't think).

Swanky-Tuna
He's resisted white martians and possibly martian manhunter.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
He's resisted white martians and possibly martian manhunter.

And at the same time Maxwell Lord made him his ***** just 6 months ago. Resistance doesnt equal immunity and hes up against one of marvels premiere telepaths. If given the chance her telepathy would affect. However given the speed of thought and the speed Supes can move at and react at Supes wins via speed blitz without a doubt.

Swanky-Tuna
If he did resist Manhunter he would of resisted the premiere telepaths in DC. I don't know for sure if he did though or where White Martians stand on the scale. I've heard they're pretty much just like MM but I probably wouldn't put my money on that.

MattDay
yea jean grey is shiit hot at the moment, but i know she wont take him down, current supes has various tricks up his sleeve too. I will not take anything away from jean as she has got mean powers as the pheonix, but she will not win this, he should resist her mind control long enough to put her away.

UniOmni
MM isn't the premier telepath in DC. Darkseid is or was. But lets face it.
MM won't ever get a legit win over Superman. Or any kryptonians.

He shows up in a Superman book, Superman's thought bubbles say how he's glad that the most powerful being on the planet is on his side, and then MM gets taken down by the badguy, who Superman ends up beating, and thus boy blues stock is kept a notch above. DC is too transparent with these things.

Funny thing i always wondered.....Why can't MM's extra senses give him an edge against Superman?

S.S
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
And at the same time Maxwell Lord made him his ***** just 6 months ago. Resistance doesnt equal immunity and hes up against one of marvels premiere telepaths. If given the chance her telepathy would affect. However given the speed of thought and the speed Supes can move at and react at Supes wins via speed blitz without a doubt.
didn't it take Max Lord years to do it though............. confused

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by UniOmni
MM isn't the premier telepath in DC. Darkseid is or was. But lets face it.
Whoops, typo. I meant to put "one of the" in there.

Tell me about it. Doesn't Superman always think and/or say how MM could take him out if he wanted to? And possibly how WW could take him out of she wanted to.

It's like how they used to say Jubilee's powers were so deadly but she didn't do squat.

GODSCRIBE
superman 10/10

Fanboy
Originally posted by GalacticStorm

I read that book didn't it say it took him like a few years.

Superherovandal
yes it did take Lord many years. and the events of the IC didn't help his mind being invaded get easier. but he really should lose to a serious MM.

dantares
why does it have to be straight up fight and the combatants are already placed next to eachother? I don't get it. If we are talking about hypotheticals then yeah Superman would speed blitz and win.

But if we are going by the best of their abilities shouldn't Jean Grey have an auto shield up already? In this scenario It's all hypothetical so if Jean was peak abilities all the time she could "hypothetically" (there's that key word again) train to have her auto shield up Like Green Lantern all the time.

Why can't it be this is who you are fighting 3 2 1 then fight steel cage match style? I dunno maybe on some far off distant planet with some weird dystopian society with an authoritative goverment that forces metahumans and mutants to engage in gruesome fights to the death.

or a scenario where you know who the enemy is and you and you're group is about to fight them like it actually would be in comics.

3 of those 4 scenarios Jean wins

pym-ftw
Current Jean is dead...

Hmm... erm

Why bump this?

abhilegend
Seriously? Somebody actually thinks Jean's TK shield can stop superman?

Placidity
I know Carver does.

bluewaterrider
Originally posted by dantares
why does it have to be straight up fight and the combatants are already placed next to eachother? I don't get it.

Actually, what you don't get is that it DOESN'T have to be "a straight up fight and the combatants are already placed next to each other".

Just CREATE a thread with the conditions you want and you can have exactly what you're proposing. It's called, in fact, a scenario match-up.
If it's not too lopsided a proposed encounter, it might make for some good reading.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.