Wolverine vs. Daredevil With a Twist...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Wolverine does not get to use his claws and Daredevil cannot use his billy-clubs. Who wins?

badabing
If Wolverine still has his healing then Wolverine takes it.

braz
Wolverine, not to mention a metal skeleton, which would most likely hurt DD's fist.

batdude123
Braz, DD's not stupid. He's used pressure points against Wolverine before. He's not going to blatenly hit Wolverine exactly where he knows that he's covered in adamantium. But I made this thread especially for capt and jrodslam. They'll probably carry this thread on for at least dozens of pages. big grin

braz
ok.

batdude123
Originally posted by braz
ok.

No, that doesn't mean you can't post any. smile I was just curious as to what those two thought. big grin

badabing
Originally posted by batdude123
Braz, DD's not stupid. He's used pressure points against Wolverine before. He's not going to blatenly hit Wolverine exactly where he knows that he's covered in adamantium. But I made this thread especially for capt and jrodslam. They'll probably carry this thread on for at least dozens of pages. big grin
If DD is that good with pressure points, maybe he can get wins vs Logan. Without those claws to dodge it may be possible.

braz
No, that doesn't mean you can't post any. smile I was just curious as to what those two thought. big grin

wink

Jade Lightning
Here's a pic for a visual:
http://img365.imageshack.us/img365/4474/daredevil249marvelgood8lf.jpg

I think this would be a long and relatively entertaining fight, if for no other reason than Daredevil's toughness and refusal to give up, but here's what it comes down to: Wolverine is tougher, AND more persistent even than Daredevil, and with superior strength, speed, and durability, he would surely take this match: the claws, skeleton, and healing factor are just overkill, and he is the better skilled fighter, and DD has few powers with which to counter the healing factor's effect on the match, but I don't even think Wolverine would need it in this case.

The only thing DD has on wolverine in this fight is agility, and that only narrowly... a good fight, but inevitably a defeat for the Bronx Brawler.

Wolverine wins 85%

diabloman
the both have great fighting skills but wolvie has a healing factor of course so i say he takes this one.

capt it up
See here is the thing. the pressure piont would never work.
yes it work once in a Ennis punisher run. which was some of the becuase bunch of crap ever written in comics. in the comic punisher beat both spiderman and wolevrine and then beat DD. To even use that comic as evidence is beyond rediculous. Also according to the ruels of the forum that would be un useable evidence as well.

DD can win, but would he? Not likly.
Wolverine has a speed and reflex advantage. DD may or may not have a agility advantage it hard to say. Wolverine also has not only a skill advtage, but also far more expereince. Another thing wolverine durability is many times that of DD and so is wolverine stamina.
Another advantage wolverine has is that he has a massive strength advantage and with one hit he is strong enough not only to KO DD, but to kill him.
Wolverine wins this. DD may win a few, but it doubtful.

jinzin
i seriously think it depends on how long it takes to be considered a KO.. cause on one hand...

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=punisherv4034p072bi7ss.jpg
and
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stx92jd.jpg

yet on the other hand if 7 seconds doesn't count as a win for dd then...

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelcomicspresents151160ke.jpg
and
http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stx101wr.jpg

badabing
I'm not sure if DD could get a full KO on Wolverine. If DD can knock him down and daze him for a few seconds then DD may leave and consider that his "win".

Capt, why wouldn't pressure points work on Wolverine?

capt it up
Originally posted by jinzin
i seriously think it depends on how long it takes to be considered a KO.. cause on one hand...

http://img483.imageshack.us/my.php?image=punisherv4034p072bi7ss.jpg
and
http://img45.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stx92jd.jpg

yet on the other hand if 7 seconds doesn't count as a win for dd then...

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=marvelcomicspresents151160ke.jpg
and
http://img328.imageshack.us/my.php?image=stx101wr.jpg
first the pic u showed jinzin the one were the hit to the adam aple worked. ya that is one of the biggets laods of crap ever written in comics. first it was the only time that has ever happen in 616 to wolverine. also in that same run punisher beat wolverin espiderman and DD. I am not even sure it cannon since they seem to ignore that issue like it never happen.

ur second pic is not cannon so it no real evidence.

3rd Pic shows logan winning and im not sure what issue that is

last pic is not cannon as well.

srankmissingnin
There have only been a hand full of times that hitting nerve clusters have actually done anything to Wolverine usually when Wolverine is fighting as skilled opponent his narrative says something like " he/she is good, hitting all the nerve clusters" and leaves it at that. Rarely has it been shown to ko him or even injure him enough for someone to gain the upper hand.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by capt it up
first the pic u showed jinzin the one were the hit to the adam aple worked. ya that is one of the biggets laods of crap ever written in comics. first it was the only time that has ever happen in 616 to wolverine. also in that same run punisher beat wolverin espiderman and DD. I am not even sure it cannon since they seem to ignore that issue like it never happen.

It's cannon it's just written by Ennis sooooooooo most people ignore it.

jinzin
Originally posted by badabing
I'm not sure if DD could get a full KO on Wolverine. If DD can knock him down and daze him for a few seconds then DD may leave and consider that his "win".

because for a guy who loses an entire arm or gets stabbed in the throat of blown up from the inside.. a simple hit to an adams apple or something akin shouldn't really put the guy down... but sometimes it does.. so...

on the other hand going with what srank said.. shingen was whalloping the crap out of a poisioned wolveirne with full on strikes to various nerve clusters and such and it barely.. i mean after a lot of strikes.. BARELY put the guy down.

jinzin

I was doing it to demonstrate a point capt.

capt it up

becuase u have to hold the pressure piont. if u hit wolverien with a pressur epiotn it would heal as soon as it amde.

enemy of the state shows this, onces electra weapon into a pressure piont it will not work.

badabing
because for a guy who loses an entire arm or gets stabbed in the throat of blown up from the inside.. a simple hit to an adams apple or something akin shouldn't really put the guy down... but sometimes it does.. so...
It's hit or miss with Loagan then? How about nerve points and such, do they have an effect?

capt it up
I know

Grimm22
DD most definitly has the upperhand in skills here.

I dont care how many freakin Ninjas Wolverine has kileld, DD has killed more.

The only advantage in reflexes that Wolverine has is smell. Big freakin woop

DD takes it 8/10

jinzin
read above.. I made an adjustment to my post...

yeah i'd say it's fairly hit or miss.. it's probably not likely to work for dd but it might considering the fact that it has before...

badabing
It's hit or miss with Loagan then? How about nerve points and such, do they have an effect?
Capt or Jinzin.

capt it up
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
It's cannon it's just written by Ennis sooooooooo most people ignore it.
it should be ignored to sicne it was PIS. the whole run was and can easiliy be proved as PIS.

jinzin
Originally posted by Grimm22

ummmm confused

NO.... no

http://img47.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kill18cz.jpg
http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kill21sz.jpg

not even close...

http://img450.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas15wy.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas20wc.jpg
http://img507.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ninjas81oa.jpg

capt it up

The only advantage in reflexes that Wolverine has is smell. Big freakin woop

DD takes it 8/10
this is why I think u know nuthing about wolverine.

first off wolverien has killed thousand more ninjas then DD.

second wolverine is mroe skileld with over 100 years of experience and do u relay hate logan that bad to be such an idiot all the time when u debate against him?

jinzin
Capt or Jinzin. Originally posted by jinzin

yeah i'd say it's fairly hit or miss.. it's probably not likely to work for dd but it might considering the fact that it has before...

capt it up
Capt or Jinzin.
no it would not work.

badabing
no it would not work.
Why?

srankmissingnin
Capt or Jinzin.

Red Shadow tried hitting nerve clusters... it did nothing.

I believe that chick in the Wolverine/Captain America tried also to the same effect.

badabing
Thanks for the info.

jinzin

capt it up
Why?
becuase the only time it work in 616 time line was in a ennis written comic Full of PIS.

this run Ennis did was not only the worst run I have ever seen, but ennis had wolverine drink acid thinking it was liguor.
also it had spiderman thinking a room full of fake bombs were actauly real bombs.

these are just examples of how shitty and how much PIS and CIS was in the run.

srankmissingnin
Stop quoting your self you bastard! lol

jinzin
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Stop quoting your self you bastard! lol

I just thought I was being ignored.. sad

capt it up
read what I wrote

Grimm22
this is why I think u know nuthing about wolverine.

first off wolverien has killed thousand more ninjas then DD.

second wolverine is mroe skileld with over 100 years of experience and do u relay hate logan that bad to be such an idiot all the time when u debate against him?

I don't hate Wolverine. I just hate when everyone underestimates characters because guys like Wolverine overshadow them.

Thats what pisses me off.

Oh and you calling me an idiot is just being hypocritical laughing

jinzin
becuase the only time it work in 616 time line was in a ennis written comic Full of PIS.

this run Ennis did was not only the worst run I have ever seen, but ennis had wolverine drink acid thinking it was liguor.
also it had spiderman thinking a room full of fake bombs were actauly real bombs.

these are just examples of how shitty and how much PIS and CIS was in the run.

yeah ennis admitedly hates superheroes.. he likes more down to earth and realistic characters which is why punisher and daredevil are the only one's who don't look like total numbskulls in the books he writes... and even then he BARELY tolerates daredevil...

he's an extremely bias writer and degrades super powered superheroes whenever he has the chance to do so... that's why ennis sucks..

capt it up
I don't hate Wolverine. I just hate when everyone underestimates characters because guys like Wolverine overshadow them.

Thats what pisses me off.

Oh and you calling me an idiot is just being hypocritical laughing
no it failry accuratesince u talk a lot with out almost any knowledge of what u are speaking about

capt it up
yeah ennis admitedly hates superheroes.. he likes more down to earth and realistic characters which is why punisher and daredevil are the only one's who don't look like total numbskulls in the books he writes... and even then he BARELY tolerates daredevil...

he's an extremely bias writer and degrades super powered superheroes whenever he has the chance to do so... that's why ennis sucks..
so true and the funny part is ENNIS tends to make punisher do inhuman things

Grimm22
no it failry accuratesince u talk a lot with out almost any knowledge of what u are speaking about

The same can easily be said about you stick out tongue

capt it up
The same can easily be said about you stick out tongue
no it actauly can't sinc eI back what i say with prove unlike some one we all know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Grimm22
no it actauly can't sinc eI back what i say with prove unlike some one we all know roll eyes (sarcastic)

Woopie you know a lot about Wolverine (and overrate him)

but, the characters he goes up against you simply judge them by their fights not their feats.

jinzin
fights ARE feats... confused

Grimm22
fights ARE feats... confused

Well obviously, but Capt simply ignores anything else they do except their fights.

Oh course thats not the case with Wolverine

jinzin
such as?

capt it up
Woopie you know a lot about Wolverine (and overrate him)

but, the characters he goes up against you simply judge them by their fights not their feats.
yes u say I over rate him yet u have no porve?

it not I overating wolverine it is that u heavly underrate him.

also I have knowledge I many heros and feats of many heros.

also as jinzin said, fights are feats

capt it up
Well obviously, but Capt simply ignores anything else they do except their fights.

Oh course thats not the case with Wolverine
such as?

Grimm22
yes u say I over rate him yet u have no porve?

it not I overating wolverine it is that u heavly underrate him.

also I have knowledge I many heros and feats of many heros.

also as jinzin said, fights are feats

I dont underrate Wolverine, I just dont think he is as tough as he is made up to be.

I mean throwing a 1,600 pound dumpster with one hand?!? What the f**k?

Thats just stupid

Grimm22
such as?

Any of the Wolverine vs Thing fights.

Of course those fights will never end up with a winner.

Fanboy vs Fanboy debates never do big grin

jinzin
I dont underrate Wolverine, I just dont think he is as tough as he is made up to be.

Thats just stupid

so you don't think wolverine is as tough as he is?

What the f**k?

so AGAIN you're basing your opinion on wolverine on how you think he SHOULD be presented and not how he exists? or am I missing something?

jinzin

elaborate...

Grimm22
so you don't think wolverine is as tough as he is?

What the f**k?

so AGAIN you're basing your opinion on wolverine on how you think he SHOULD be presented and not how he exists? or am I missing something?

You seriously believe that Wolverine can throw a 1,600 pound trash compacter with one hand?!? What the f**k?

capt it up

Thats just stupid
see ur oppion matters little when all the facts suggest he can

jinzin
You seriously believe that Wolverine can throw a 1,600 pound trash compacter with one hand?!? What the f**k?

sure.. he's lifted more than that with one hand.. why not?
he's not a human so why compare him to one?

capt it up

actauly as I recall u got destroyed.

I know things feats which means little to nuthing since u never even posted a bit of prove during are arguments

Grimm22
actauly as I recall u got destroyed.

I know things feats which means little to nuthing since u never even posted a bit of prove during are arguments

In your opinion at least.

Its funny because you arent worth me getting mad over. laughing

capt it up
In your opinion at least.

Its funny because you arent worth me getting mad over. laughing
nope it pritty clear I out debated u/ u dont show evidenc eand what u do say is normaly amazingly lame.

all u do is say wolverine can't do that yet I show u him doing it multiable times.

when ever u wana vs me in a one on one debate match just give me a hallor it always fun debating with such a closed minded person.

Grimm22
nope it pritty clear I out debated u/ u dont show evidenc eand what u do say is normaly amazingly lame.

all u do is say wolverine can't do that yet I show u him doing it multiable times.

when ever u wana vs me in a one on one debate match just give me a hallor it always fun debating with such a closed minded person.

Im not going through another one of your cooky debate matches laughing

capt it up
Im not going through another one of your cooky debate matches laughing
why becuase I will win and u will look stupid?

honestly grow some balls man and stop saying stuff is bad writting just becuase u don't like it.

Grimm22
why becuase I will win and u will look stupid?

honestly grow some balls man and stop saying stuff is bad writting just becuase u don't like it.

I have balls thank you very much

I have nothing to prove by going into a pointless debate with you while I have better things to do in life laughing

capt it up

I have nothing to prove by going into a pointless debate with you while I have better things to do in life laughing
excuses excuses.

oh well ur to easy any ways

Metalmanx
Daredevil 6/10. For all the reasons already posted.

7 seconds of unconsciousness on Wolverine's part is a victory for DD.

jinzin

and yet you're here..

?

What the f**k?

nimrod009
Daredevil wins more often than not. Never underestimate what a skilled and effective fighter he is, I'm not convinced Wolverine minus claws can deal with that.

jinzin
Originally posted by nimrod009
Daredevil wins more often than not. Never underestimate what a skilled and effective fighter he is, I'm not convinced Wolverine minus claws can deal with that.

really?
What the f**k?

cause you know.. he kinda of already has...

batdude123
bump... and there has been an added handicap on Wolverine; his healing factor is also taken away from him.

batdude123
another bumpity

batdude123
*sees that jrodslam is on*

bump evil face

Grimm22
*sees that jrodslam is on*

bump evil face

*slaps batdude*

No more bumping! mad

batdude123
*slaps batdude*

No more bumping! mad

*cries in pain*

That wasn't very nice. crybaby

Grimm22
*cries in pain*

That wasn't very nice. crybaby

WWBD?

batdude123
WWBD?

What does "WWBD" mean? confused

batdude123
bump....

godking
becuase u have to hold the pressure piont. if u hit wolverien with a pressur epiotn it would heal as soon as it amde.

enemy of the state shows this, onces electra weapon into a pressure piont it will not work. Pressure poitns dont heal buddy since they are not really damaged .daredevil dropping Wolverine with a throath punch is perfectly acceptable.

It seems that alot of you dont know a thing a bout human physics.

Wolverine is slightly above human . Guys like Daredevil can KO or drop him if they hit him in the right spot.

What causes a KO ? the violent collision of the brain against the skull caused by a hard blow. Healing does'nt do do shit against that since the brain is not actaully damaged but is incapacitated for a shot time by the collision between the brain and the skull Wolverines health factor aids in his recovery not the adverse effects of the KO blow.

If Wolverine gets hit by a throat punch he is going down a clean throat punch stops breathing and cauces nausea ect his healing factor makes him RECOVER faster it does not shield him from the blow. There is a reason why in all full contact fighters KEEP THEIR CHIN TUCKED IN. A punch to the throat would put him down but he would recover faster then a normal human beacuse of his healing factor.

People seem to overestimate Wolvies healing factor sometimes

It does not make him immortal and It does not make him invunerable.

Soljer
Thank you, godking, I'm glad someone actually knows what happens in a fight. In fact, the KO might be made more significant considering wolverine has an Adamantium Skull. I sure wouldn't want my brain bouncing around in an adamantium box.

EDIT: On topic, however:

I believe that Logan could be KO'ed by Daredevil. I believe that a strong blow to the throat would take him out.

BUT, I also believe that while Daredevil has faster reflexes, Logan has far more skill, and is stronger (though I think that sixteen hundred pound dumpster was a bit heavier than even sixteen hundred pounds...considering it was full of bullshit :-P). Besides that, Daredevil is getting hit by a VERY strong man, who is also wearing brass knuckles for every hit.

As long as Wolverine fights as well as we know he could, and doesn't just RAWR into battle, bub, he'll take this.

I hate it when Wolverine is portrayed as carelessly FLYING into battle, healing factor or not. If he is a skilled fighter, he should act like one. Assuming he acts like one in this fight, I would say Wolverine takes it seven or eight out of ten.

Assuming Logan acts like the idiot he does in half of his fights? It would probably go to Daredevil seven or eight out of ten.

Darth Martin
DD takes this 6/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by Soljer
Thank you, godking, I'm glad someone actually knows what happens in a fight. In fact, the KO might be made more significant considering wolverine has an Adamantium Skull. I sure wouldn't want my brain bouncing around in an adamantium box.

EDIT: On topic, however:

I believe that Logan could be KO'ed by Daredevil. I believe that a strong blow to the throat would take him out.

BUT, I also believe that while Daredevil has faster reflexes, Logan has far more skill, and is stronger (though I think that sixteen hundred pound dumpster was a bit heavier than even sixteen hundred pounds...considering it was full of bullshit :-P). Besides that, Daredevil is getting hit by a VERY strong man, who is also wearing brass knuckles for every hit.

As long as Wolverine fights as well as we know he could, and doesn't just RAWR into battle, bub, he'll take this.

I hate it when Wolverine is portrayed as carelessly FLYING into battle, healing factor or not. If he is a skilled fighter, he should act like one. Assuming he acts like one in this fight, I would say Wolverine takes it seven or eight out of ten.

Assuming Logan acts like the idiot he does in half of his fights? It would probably go to Daredevil seven or eight out of ten.

I agree:

If Wolverine utilizes his fighting skills, he should win the majority.

MrHeavySilence
Dare Devil without billy clubs is still pretty much the same. Wolverine on the other hand, is at a disadvantage. I don't think Logan can take any of his big enemies without claws. DD wins the majority for me

Soljer
I'm kinda surprised Daredevil received as much support as he has.

Grimm22
I'm kinda surprised Daredevil received as much support as he has.

DD is HIGHLY underestimated. wink

Of course all that is coming to an end as is the awful trait about anti-heros being unbeatable from the 90's big grin

Metalmanx
I still think DD can take a SLIGHT majority, or at the very least, 50/50 with Wolverine.

branhole
dd gonna have his work cut out for him(hahaha) or better yet his heart cut out.

capt it up

godking

botcherby

Actually no it not at all, you my friend have little to know knowledge of wolverines ability to heal.

omg dude.... Wolverine still feels the pain from an attack... the feeling/ memory of it alone will last in his mind

when Marrow stabbed wolverine in the throat it still hurt him. it still stopped him from breathing for a short time.

just like DD throat punching wolverine... its prefectly acceptable to stun wolverine momentarily.

Wolverine2006
Wolverine would hit him in the head with the an adamanium fist, its like getting hit in the head with an unbreakable bat.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
Wolverine would hit him in the head with the an adamanium fist, its like getting hit in the head with an unbreakable bat.

...And would feel the same as getting hit in the head with a wooden bat. Why don't people understand this?

Soljer
As well as this little tidbit - a bat creates extra force because of the leverage behind it. He wouldn't feel like he was getting hit with a bat, he would feel like he was getting hit with a punch. Oh, and people always talk about how "Brass-knuckle"-ey the metal makes him(I even mentioned it in this thread, because I think thats the way most comics make it seem even if it isn't realistic)...what they ALSO don't realize is that the metal wouldn't add any extra force.

Brass knuckles only work because of two things:
1.They lessen the surface area you punch with, and remove the skin "padding," if you got hit in the face with sheer bone, it would hurt far more than bone covered with skin, veins, etc. Wolverine still has skin over his metal, and his fist is the same surface area, if not even larger, due to the metal. The surface area of a normal pair of brass knuckles, however, is about 1/3 that of a human fist.

2. Extra weight in the hand. Kind of like a fistpack. The metal CERTAINLY adds some weight to his arm, as it adds a total of one hundred pounds to his entire body, however, since he weighs two hundred pounds without it, the damage a 'normal' punch would deal would only still be about 2/3s wolverine's, as that is the difference in force.

Pain is simply messages to the brain from neurons indicating tissue damage. These neurons are fired due to pressure. Pressure is force divided by surface area. The force is the mass time the acceleration. Assuming someone is punching with the same strength (acceleration, in this case) the mass for wolverine versus a guy with brass knuckles has a multiplier of 1.5x(200 to 300, 100 pound difference). However, the surface area of the brass knuckles is one third that of wolverine's fist (or less). So that pressure is divided by one third.

Pressure(pain) for wolverine is 1.5 times the mass of his arm (m) times acceleration (a) divided by surface area (s).
P = (1.5ma)/s

If a normal person (with wolverine's strength, of course) wears brass knuckles and punches, the pressure is the mass of his arm(neglecting the added mass from the knuckles themselves, this would increase this formula even further), times acceleration, divided by one third the surface area of his fist.
P = (ma)/(1/3 * s)
or
P = (3ma)/s

The added metal in wolverine's arm certainly increases the power of his punch, but bone claws wolverine with a pair of brass knuckles would be punching more than twice as hard as Adamantium wolverine. (And this neglects the increase in acceleration the lessened mass would allow).

Eh. I rambled a bit, but this was just to get the point that I, myself, and others need to stop comparing Adamantium wolverine to brass knuckles, much less an adamantium baseball bat, considering a punch is a straight force, whereas a baseball bat increases the force you put on it due to both leverage and centrifugal force.

Soljer
Eh, I tried to edit, but i's been more than 15 minutes, sorry for the double post (assuming someone doesn't post while I'm typing).

Anyways, I was thinking about what I had just said, and the added mass because of brass knuckles IS in fact, negligible. The extra half/quarter pound it adds is nothing in comparison to your arm(when comparing it to an arm that weighs 1.5 times as much, due to that adamantium).

HOWEVER, the added accleration that old Bone claws with brass knuckles would get, should NOT be negligible. I'm not entirely sure of the ratio, I am almost SURE it isn't a linear relationship, but consider this: when you (or someone you know/have seen) is working out on the bench press, and they are maxing out, how fast do the max? Compare that with the speed they can utilize when putting up...say...2/3s their max. MUCH faster.

The acceleration increase that mr. Bone Claws with brass knuckles would receive is quite a bit. Let us say, for simplicity, it is the same 1.5 that the mass adds (so wolverine's punches actually deal the same damage whether he is bone claws or adamantium)

Then the pressure looks like this:
P = (m *1.5*a)/(1/3 * s)
or
P = (4.5ma)/s.

That would mean that Bone claws with a pair of brass knuckles would actually be punching THREE times as hard as adamantium wolverine.

Food for thought, gentlemen, food for thought.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Metalmanx
...And would feel the same as getting hit in the head with a wooden bat. Why don't people understand this?

a wooden bat that changed into a steel bat

Soljer
Wow, you're quite smart, Wolverine2006.

*rolls eyes* The material that the bat is made with makes little difference, assuming the weights are constant. Yes, steel is denser than wood, hence when faced with a man swinging both wooden and steel bats of equal size (volume), the steel bat will weigh more, and create more force. However, assuming that they have equal masses, and we neglect the increased air resistance due to the fact that the wooden bat is now larger, the forces, and therefore, the PAIN that would be felt due to being struck with the bats would be equal.

Gah...this isn't exactly high level stuff, I'm using VERY elementary concepts neglecting SEVERAL factors to make this as simple as possible.

Wolverine2006
Dude it was a joke

Soljer
"A wooden bat that changed into a steel bat,"

OH! excuse me, I get it now, it's hilarious. I didn't get it before, your wit is just far too quick, far too sharp for a simpleton like me.

But seriously. Where is the joke?

capt it up
Originally posted by godking
Pressure points do not do damage put stop the flow of blood or disrupt nerve endings .
Stopping blood flow by causing damage to the body which is why the blood flow is stopped. Also disrupting nerve endings is also damage to the body my friend your point that you are trying to make are not helping since they are all damage caused to the body in which case would be most use to some one who would heal it instantly

Brain collides with skull causing a loss of consiousness a healing factor does not stop that it does help you recover quickly .
Wolverine heals at such a rate that he would heal from the attack as soon as the damage affected him which would neutralize.
Also do u honestly think a guy who takes hits from class 100 in stays conscious could possibly get Koed from a hit to the head from daredevil?

get someone to punch you in the throat then come back and write how it feels.
Been there done that.

Fighters in any real fullcontact sport keep their chins tucked in to prevent throat blows
This my friend is not true, have you ever play rouge bee?

. Guys who do McDojo strip mall martial arts dont because the never fight or spar full contact.
Most martial art styles do not keep there chin tuck in any ways. Your knowledge of martial arts is clearly limited.

First learn something about real fighting and what happens in a real fight before opening your mouth.
You my friend should take your own advice. I have been in many many fights in my day so do not patronize mean about real fighting since you my friend have more then likely never been in a life or death fight which I own the other hand have.

capt it up
Originally posted by botcherby
omg dude.... Wolverine still feels the pain from an attack... the feeling/ memory of it alone will last in his mind
Wolverine is so use to pain that it hardly effects him any more and his pain thrash hold is superhuman.
Also the pain only last as long as it takes to heal and it would not remain in his memory and would not affect him

when Marrow stabbed wolverine in the throat it still hurt him.
Being stabbed in the throat it far different then being hit in a throat. Normal humans can easily survive being hit in the throat, but more then likely would die form being stabbed in the throat.

it still stopped him from breathing for a short time.
That is because one he was stabbed in the throat and two he had to pull the bone blade out of his throat.

just like DD throat punching wolverine... its prefectly acceptable to stun wolverine momentarily.
No it really is not, it may hurt him, but it would not effect his ability to keep fighting.

Sea King
imo dd takes the best of this you see his radar sence can let his reflex'es
be faster then bullets and sence wolve has no claws in this

capt it up
Originally posted by Sea King
imo dd takes the best of this you see his radar sence can let his reflex'es
be faster then bullets and sence wolve has no claws in this
Wolverine has superhuman sense as well that allow him to prodict his opponets attacks and unlike DD Logan already has superhuman reflexes.

so no that not a good reason at all

batdude123
Stopping blood flow by causing damage to the body which is why the blood flow is stopped. Also disrupting nerve endings is also damage to the body my friend your point that you are trying to make are not helping since they are all damage caused to the body in which case would be most use to some one who would heal it instantly

Wolverine heals at such a rate that he would heal from the attack as soon as the damage affected him which would neutralize.
Also do u honestly think a guy who takes hits from class 100 in stays conscious could possibly get Koed from a hit to the head from daredevil?

Been there done that.

Most martial art styles do not keep there chin tuck in any ways. Your knowledge of martial arts is clearly limited.

You my friend should take your own advice. I have been in many many fights in my day so do not patronize mean about real fighting since you my friend have more then likely never been in a life or death fight which I own the other hand have.

You've been in a life and death fight before? Somebody was trying to kill you? blink

riceroost
HA HA HA!
I dont care how many freakin Ninjas Wolverine has kileld, DD has killed more. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.,,

Wait, your statement wasn't funny...it was just...obvious BS.

The only advantage in reflexes that Wolverine has is smell. Big freakin woop When did a sense of smell become a reflex?

Soljer

Been there done that.

*Sniff* *sniff sniff*

Hmmm...smells like bullshit.

What exactly is rouge bee? Some kind of make-up event? Thats the only thing I can think of with rouge and bee....A red make-up powder spelling bee?

Regardless, he is right, depending on your definition of "tucked in." No one keeps their chin up, not only because it opens the target of the throat, but also because it opens the target of the chin, the "button," as it were. Also, if your chin is down, it is much easier to roll with the punches, and concentrate on your target.

Anyway, enlighten me, what martial arts have you studied? What martial artists have you sparred against? Did you go full contact? Was it point sparring?

The McDojo you attended, did you even know whether the instructor was accreditted or not? Did you get your black belt within a year? Did you have to sign a contract? Was there a "guarantee!!!!" on it?

Riiight, I'm sure you've seen your share of fights. *rolls eyes* Real hardcore man.

Anyway, on the ACTUAL topic at hand; you both are right, to some extent. As I mentioned before, pain is the stimulus of nerve endings (nociceptors to be specific) due to either actual tissue damage(which wolverine would heal from), or potential tissue damage. Pain is a defense response, your body is telling you to stop whatever the hell you're doing.

However, getting the wind knocked out of you by a strong hit to the solar plexus (which Daredevil is DEFINITELY capable of), has nothing to do with pain, you are literally collapsing the diaphragm. Being hit in the throat, and being unable to breathe, has very little to do with pain, your windpipe was actually collapsed.

Meh...trying to argue this is so futile it isn't even funny. What is the tally right now? Pretty equal footing. That's gotta mean something, after all.

_I_ even said that wolverine would win this fight as long as he fought intelligently. And yet here I am, wasting my time once again, trying to talk some little bit of sense into Capt it up. Worthless.

Well, gentlemen, I do believe I am out for the night, Rachel just drove up to pick me up, I plan on having a good night. Ill bid you adieu, and hope you all are well.

riceroost

Thats just stupid No, that's not stupid, it's called Enhanced Strength. Something else Wolverine has over DD.

capt it up
You've been in a life and death fight before? Somebody was trying to kill you? blink
Yup or at least give me some serous damage which could more then likly kill me.

I got aattack with a knife well in a fight in dedham.
I was also attacked with a knife in westwood.
I was also stabbed in the legg in school becuase in my school just snapped and went crazy and he spent I think two years in a hospital treating his ****ed up mind.

braz

I was also stabbed in the legg in school becuase in my school just snapped and went crazy and he spent I think two years in a hospital treating his ****ed up mind.

holyshyt.

anyways. as for the fight. Wolvie takes this no doubt.

godking

I was also stabbed in the legg in school becuase in my school just snapped and went crazy and he spent I think two years in a hospital treating his ****ed up mind. Bullshit

King KAM
Bullshit i beleive it, ive been in a fight with a guy with a bat, and another guy with a knife, and had a gun pulled on me 4 times.

And i think Wolverine Takes these, unless DD can gouge out his eyes, which i think he should.....lol

King KAM
Originally posted by riceroost
No, that's not stupid, it's called Enhanced Strength. Something else Wolverine has over DD. ive already proved most of those "feats" to be extremley biased.

Soljer
godking, glad it wasn't only MY bullshit-o-meter that went off. Besides, you've had a knife pulled on you three times, but only mention getting stabbed once. In the foot. Poor little suburbanite. Did your mommy band-aid it for you? Thats what you get for not sharing your toys with billy.

*shakes head*

Anyone keeping score? What are the 'votes' or 'estimations' so far? Who do they favor more?

Grimm22
Originally posted by King KAM
i beleive it, ive been in a fight with a guy with a bat, and another guy with a knife, and had a gun pulled on me 4 times.

And i think Wolverine Takes these, unless DD can gouge out his eyes, which i think he should.....lol

Jeese KAM you need to get out of those dangerous neighborhoods stick out tongue

Grimm22
Originally posted by riceroost
HA HA HA!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.,,

Wait, your statement wasn't funny...it was just...obvious BS.

When did a sense of smell become a reflex?

Wow for someone who thinks of Wolverine as godly your laughing is just silly no expression

capt it up
godking, glad it wasn't only MY bullshit-o-meter that went off. Besides, you've had a knife pulled on you three times, but only mention getting stabbed once. In the foot. Poor little suburbanite. Did your mommy band-aid it for you? Thats what you get for not sharing your toys with billy.

*shakes head*

Anyone keeping score? What are the 'votes' or 'estimations' so far? Who do they favor more?
I was the legg actaully. I don't care if you think it bull shit.
The reason i did not mention the stabbing I took in the other fights was becuase they were not really that bad I took a few slash to my nucks and lonmg cut across the back of my hand, nuthing to bad.

No my mom did not banage any thing actually I took it on the fatty part of the legg, so I got quite lucky. Also I have some thing wrong with my nerve resecpter's it a dease I have which is past down from my father and can potentialy be dangerous

Metalmanx
DD has the necessary abilities to KO Wolverine for a short period of time. And the majority of the time, in my opinion.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Wolverine can get drunk.

capt it up
Originally posted by ST0RM SHAD0W
Wolverine can get drunk.
why did you say this?

also no he really can't

ST0RM SHAD0W
Yeah, he really can.

capt it up
Yeah, he really can.
no he can't he has mention it on a number of occassions

ST0RM SHAD0W
Secret War he did and I've seen him get drunk many times before.

capt it up
Secret War he did and I've seen him get drunk many times before.
he was drunk in the secret war? just becuase peter said he was drunk does not mean he was.

also what many times before that? can u name them please

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.