An Apology from a Bush Voter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS

PVS

Echuu
Originally posted by PVS
Greatness is always rare, but is basic competence and simple honesty too much to ask?

In today's world? Yes it is.

Soleran
yawn, Fantastic!

wuTa
yea, there is no way i'm reading all of that....i think the title gave me the jest of it......The people that don't vote should be apologizing....I love the people who B#tch but yet didn't vote....if people actually voted than Bush probaly wouldn't be president right now, but instead they think there vote doesn't matter, sit on there ass, and b*tch....."Bush is the worst president ever!"....No shit Captain Obvious, did you vote?..."no, my vote doesn't count".... than shut the **** up because neither does your opinion....this is obviously not directed at people who are too young to vote, i need to get that out there before all the teenieboppers jump down my throat

meep-meep

grey fox
That is superb , no one could have said it better.

Mindship
All is forgiven, for he knew not what he was doing.

-------------------------

Lewis Black:
"The Republican Party is the party of bad ideas; the Democratic Party is the party of no ideas."

--------------------------

How did Bush get elected twice? Remember the Bell curve: half the population is of average intelligence or below.

Arachnoidfreak
Lewis Black is awesome. I got to see him at my college once.

Originally posted by wuTa
yea, there is no way i'm reading all of that....i think the title gave me the jest of it......The people that don't vote should be apologizing....I love the people who B#tch but yet didn't vote....if people actually voted than Bush probaly wouldn't be president right now, but instead they think there vote doesn't matter, sit on there ass, and b*tch....."Bush is the worst president ever!"....No shit Captain Obvious, did you vote?..."no, my vote doesn't count".... than shut the **** up because neither does your opinion....this is obviously not directed at people who are too young to vote, i need to get that out there before all the teenieboppers jump down my throat

I don't think you quite got the point, this person DID vote...but regrets voting for Bush.

Tired Hiker
I still think the vote was rigged. I honestly don't know one single person that voted for Bush. blink But then agian, maybe I just hang around in the right crowds. happy

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Originally posted by wuTa

Even though you appear to be anti-Bush, your post is actually pretty indicative of the problems Bush himself suffers from: illiteracy, an inability to determine reality, an inability to give a level-headed contemplation of facts, and a rejection of all opinions differing from your own.

Thanks for your unintentional example. It has made me feel all cuddly.

PVS
i never thought this thread would be such an idiot magnet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

Yeah, one would think people would shut the hell up and not comment without having read the initial post first....shit, I did it as well.

Darth_Erebus
I agree somewhat with what this person said but what's the alternative? A Democrat? Remember it was Clinton who signed NAFTA and GATT into law opening the way for massive outsourcing and it was also Clinton who gave China, a nation that is a direct threat to The US, most favored trading status.

Both of the major parties are basically worthless anymore. While they may differ of a few minor social issues where it really counts they are basically the same. Call them what they are, the Republicrats.

Nader was right, both parties have become whores for Corporate America.

PVS
well, thats just it.

and to you useless tools who insist on posting on a topic which you never read.
to say "i'm not gonna read that" is about as informative as "im a frikin idiot loser and i'm proud of it..DUUUUUUUUH"

please, if you're going to bash the topic...gee...i dont know....READ THE ****ING TOPIC. i would jump for joy right now at the sight of an informed disagreement.

PVS
Originally posted by Mindship

Lewis Black:
"The Republican Party is the party of bad ideas; the Democratic Party is the party of no ideas."

thats a superb quote. how did i miss that?

jaden101
Originally posted by PVS

all your threads are idiot magnets cause they're always about bush...cant really expect anything less

i guess only an american can really see the full extent of what the bush administration is doing

it's a similar thing in the UK...many people in the US who dont support Bush like Tony Blair simply because they dont have to live with the domestic debacle that he and his government cause...

its the same for anyone looking from the outside into america

they can have their opinion on US foreign policy and it would be valid because of the huge influence the US has on the rest of the world economically in particular but these people dont see what Bush's domestic policies do

so while i applaud bush for his principle of getting rid of saddam. i disagree with the way he and his administration have gone about it

the first mistake being not finishing the job in afghanistan

i dont like the way the US has bullied its so called allies economically

puting sanctions on imports from the UK because british business refused to import all their coffee, bananas and many other items from US owned companies...

i'll say one thing about the article...it proves that Bush supporters aren't the brain dead back o beyond yokel hillbilly red necks thats many democrats like to portray them as...the guy comes across as highly intelligent

good article

Phoenix2001
Well... then perhaps, we as Americans, should vote someone who is a bit more blunt from a more down to earth party.

Wait a minute... oh yea that's right... most us Americans do not like people who are blunt and tell us what we need to do and how we should do it.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether we have a loyal president or a dishonest one, what ever one president does in our life-time we're going to ***** the government out for it whether the president's decisions were good or bad. That is because most of us Americans are selfish and self-centered and do not want to take responsibility for our freedom.

dreamaker
Why do we even have parties? shouldn't we be voting for the person instead? All the stigmas that go with the donkey and elephant are too much-vote for the person and their values.

The Omega
It's always refreshing to read an article like that. Precise, concise and to the point without a lot of nonsense.

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Well... then perhaps, we as Americans, should vote someone who is a bit more blunt from a more down to earth party.

Wait a minute... oh yea that's right... most us Americans do not like people who are blunt and tell us what we need to do and how we should do it.

Bottom line is, it doesn't matter whether we have a loyal president or a dishonest one, what ever one president does in our life-time we're going to ***** the government out for it whether the president's decisions were good or bad. That is because most of us Americans are selfish and self-centered and do not want to take responsibility for our freedom.

Why are you speaking on behalf of "us Americans"?
"We're going..." Who WE are you talking about.

Don't talk on behalf of other people. It's actually quite rude.

botankus
Especially Denmarkiansicsors.

*EDIT* Dammit, now I have to deal with Bardock's What the f**k? smilies! Dammit, dammit, dammit!!

The Omega
Originally posted by botankus

Just "Danes" will do just fine wink

botankus
Where's that "doh" smilie....doh found it

Bardock42

*EDIT* Dammit, now I have to deal with Bardock's What the f**k? smilies! Dammit, dammit, dammit!!

You do it to yourself...that's why it really hurts

Now, about the article. I don't think there's much to say, he makes some good points. Maybe he looks at it a little to negative though. Also, I don't understand his point with AL Gore, when he says he doesn't know if he had gone to Afghanistan. I mean does that really matter?

wuTa
QUOTE=6483542]Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

I don't think you quite got the point, this person DID vote...but regrets voting for Bush.

Oh i get the point, appearently noone else gets mine....I was cleary talking about the people who did NOT vote at last election..I get that this guy voted for Bush and wants to apologize for it, I'm sure anyone who voted for Bush wants to apologize to the world right now...I'm talking about the people who didn't vote, if the people that didn't vote, actually voted, I doubt Bush would be president which is why they(the people that didn't vote) should be apologizing just as much, if not more than this guy that voted for Bush...I can't tell you how many times I've heard someone b!tching about Bush, than when someone asked that person who is b!tching who they voted for they said "I didn't vote", these people should be the ones apologizing because if they DID vote, than like i said early, Bush probaly wouldn't be president right now,most Americans especially between the ages of 18-28 don't vote because they think there vote "don't matter"....The people that didn't vote should be apologizing, not the ones that did IMO

Soleran

El_NINO
Originally posted by PVS

laughing out loud

Good article PVS, on CNN they said the senators are running the country as if they have a printing press for making money in the Senate basement.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by The Omega
It's always refreshing to read an article like that. Precise, concise and to the point without a lot of nonsense.

Why are you speaking on behalf of "us Americans"?
"We're going..." Who WE are you talking about.

Don't talk on behalf of other people. It's actually quite rude.

Who do you think voted for Bush? I did, my father did, and all of everybody else who voted for Bush did. So frankly I pretty much believe I can speak on behalf of my fellow Americans because it involves all Americans. If we're going to whine and moan about the sorry job our current President is doing then damnit we need to get our asses out and vote for someone who can do the job right.

Bardock42
Who do you think voted for Bush? I did, my father did, and all of everybody else who voted for Bush did. So frankly I pretty much believe I can speak on behalf of my fellow Americans because it involves all Americans. If we're going to whine and moan about the sorry job our current President is doing then damnit we need to get our asses out and vote for someone who can do the job right. Even then you could only speak for people tht voted for Bush. And that would still be pretty arrogant.

botankus
I think Eddie Murphy would be a great president. I wouldn't apologize for voting for him.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by Bardock42
Even then you could only speak for people tht voted for Bush. And that would still be pretty arrogant.

I will agree that I am an arrogant prick, so I really don't care how many of you think it's rude for me to speak for my own country. Besides this isn't about me being arrogant. This is about the people of the United States making a responsible decision. And I'm one of them.

Bardock42
I will agree that I am an arrogant prick, so I really don't care how many of you think it's rude for me to speak for my own country. Besides this isn't about me being arrogant. This is about the people of the United States. And I'm one of them.

Yes, one of them...not all of them....not everyone was so dumb to actually vote for Bush.

WrathfulDwarf
Heck, if it will piss off a bunch of people that I voted for Bush....hell....I'll vote for him again and again. Drown in glass of water for all I care.

PVS
Who do you think voted for Bush? I did, my father did, and all of everybody else who voted for Bush did.

so what you're saying is...everyone who voted for bush....voted for bush. how useful and informative, thank you.

yet you generalised your previous opinions to represent all or most americans, and i guess if you consider 52% of V-O-T-I-N-G americans to be 'most', then maybe you have some flimsey point...but please dont try to speak on my behalf.
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Heck, if it will piss off a bunch of people that I voted for Bush....hell....I'll vote for him again and again. Drown in glass of water for all I care.

gee, i thought you were so tired of all the political bickering, yet here you are proclaiming your will to piss off people whom you disagree with. wow...is that like...real-world trolling?

Morgoths_Wrath
good stuff thumbup

he makes some interesting points

Bardock42

What were your reasons to do so?

Ushgarak
I dunno, I get the feeling that he's not at all sorry for voting Bush, just annoyed that Bush didn't work out for him.

WrathfulDwarf
What were your reasons to do so?

My belief in Democracy...and honestly anyone who gets piss off because someone votes different is an absolute stupidity.

PVS
Originally posted by Ushgarak
I dunno, I get the feeling that he's not at all sorry for voting Bush, just annoyed that Bush didn't work out for him.

him? i didnt see anything self centered in his letter. i think he's annoyed that Bush didnt work out for the U.S.

Bardock42
My belief in Democracy...and honestly anyone who gets piss off because someone votes different is an absolute stupidity.

I don't know, I get quite pissed of at people who don't vote as I do here in Germany. Then again those people are dumb shits.

But why do you think that the Democrats are against Democracy?

WrathfulDwarf
I don't know, I get quite pissed of at people who don't vote as I do here in Germany. Then again those people are dumb shits.

But why do you think that the Democrats are against Democracy?

There really is no reason to get piss off Bardock. I understand if you don't agree with the other candidate. But barking and throwing tantrums because the other guy gets more votes seems more like the behavior of a juvenile child. Back in 96 I didn't vote for Clinton and he won....well, move on...had I been a complete idiot and start getting upset and angry because he won is plain stupid.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
so what you're saying is...everyone who voted for bush....voted for bush. how useful and informative, thank you.

yet you generalised your previous opinions to represent all or most americans, and i guess if you consider 52% of V-O-T-I-N-G americans to be 'most', then maybe you have some flimsey point...but please dont try to speak on my behalf.

Then you must disagree with having a president at any case then.

Bardock42
There really is no reason to get piss off Bardock. I understand if you don't agree with the other candidate. But barking and throwing tantrums because the other guy gets more votes seems more like the behavior of a juvenile child. Back in 96 I didn't vote for Clinton and he won....well, move on...had I been a complete idiot and start getting upset and angry because he won is plain stupid.

You might see that a little to easy. The people that win an election actually run the country afterwards. And if they ruin it (in my opinion), I think that is bad. And if someone voted for them I think they must be an idiot, cause voting for idiots is (in my opinion) a sign of stupidity.

botankus
It kind of reminds me of Seattle Seahawk fans when their team didn't win the Super Bowl in February. Actually, I digress, because Seattle Seahawk fans don't exist...I meant whiners in general. I'm sorry and apologize.

Phoenix2001
You might see that a little to easy. The people that win an election actually run the country afterwards. And if they ruin it (in my opinion), I think that is bad. And if someone voted for them I think they must be an idiot, cause voting for idiots is (in my opinion) a sign of stupidity.

But you won't know who voted for the stupid jackass. So who's the stupid jackass? The people or the people who voted for the stupid jackass?

Bardock42
But you won't know who voted for the stupid jackass. So who's the stupid jackass? The people or the people who voted for the stupid jackass?

Well some people obviously talk about who they voted for.

And I suppose it's the people who voted for the stupid jackass. What did I win?

Phoenix2001
Well some people obviously talk about who they voted for.

And I suppose it's the people who voted for the stupid jackass. What did I win?

Well obviously you don't know who I am. I have stated that I voted for Bush, but could you identify me in a crowd? In that case could you identify the people who voted for bush in a crowd? You'd have to assume that, considering Bush is in office, that the entire crowd voted for him.

Bardock42
Well obviously you don't know who I am. I have stated that I voted for Bush, but could you identify me in a crowd? In that case could you identify the people who voted for bush in a crowd? You'd have to assume that, considering Bush is in office, that the entire crowd voted for him.

Not really. Would be relly stupid to do so as well, since in a random crownd there are probably less than 40% Bush voters.

botankus
Yeah, there are a lot of non-voters out there.

WrathfulDwarf

The people who win an election run the country afterwards....yeah...that is pretty obvious bardock. Of course is bad when things go wrong. Can you predict when things are gonna go wrong? If you can then I'll vote for you.

Phoenix2001
Not really. Would be relly stupid to do so as well, since in a random crownd there are probably less than 40% Bush voters.

Well, I wonder why Bush is still in office.

I agree it's totally ilogical to assume the entire crowd voted for Bush, but the majority rule, however much I hate it, represents the entire United States.

Bardock42
The people who win an election run the country afterwards....yeah...that is pretty obvious bardock. Of course is bad when things go wrong. Can you predict when things are gonna go wrong? If you can then I'll vote for you.

Hmm, i can't predict it, I think I can see who will be better in dealing with situations that can occur. Also, I am arrogant enough to think I know what policies are to favour and which aren't. And it makes me mad if people vote for someone that supporst just the opposite of my beliefs, because I will tehn need to deal with what this person, which I think is wrong, is going to do the next four years. Which can be rather devastating.

WrathfulDwarf
It kind of reminds me of Seattle Seahawk fans when their team didn't win the Super Bowl in February. Actually, I digress, because Seattle Seahawk fans don't exist...I meant whiners in general. I'm sorry and apologize.

Actually they remind me of this kid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zAu50wmZP4&search=Rage

stick out tongue

Bardock42
Well, I wonder why Bush is still in office.

Because a slight majority of voters decided to elect him? Besides the American system not even making sure that the majority decides who becomes President.

botankus
I can't click the link because of this firewall, WD, but thanks for the offering...I think. confused

Phoenix2001
Because a slight majority of voters decided to elect him? Besides the American system not even making sure that the majority decides who becomes President.

The majority did vote for Bush. Twice.

WrathfulDwarf
Oh don't worry botankus is nothing important. It's been a long day so far. I'll just let you guys continue...

Bardock42
The majority did vote for Bush. Twice.

Not really.

PVS
funny thing: the topic article is not bitching at people who voted for bush, nor is it an endorsement for the left. thanks for changing it though.

Phoenix2001
Not really.

I suppose it's much deeper than that because Bush is still in office.

botankus
It's been a long day so far.
Already? Damn, it's only 9:30 over there. You still got a long, long day ahead of you, too!

Bardock42
I suppose it's much deeper than that because Bush is still in office.

It's just that the majority did not vote for Bush.

WrathfulDwarf
Already? Damn, it's only 9:30 over there. You still got a long, long day ahead of you, too!

Yeah, it happens I mean what can you do? Moan? get upset? Complain? Nah gotta do what's got to be done....now seriously I must get to it ttyl...

PVS
It's just that the majority did not vote for Bush. sometimes barock, you have to spell things out better for some.

the majority of V-O-T-I-N-G americans voted for bush, not the population's majoity.
so we move on...

botankus
Can I get a B-A-R-O-C-K?

PVS
ZOMG IRONY111

Bardock42
Can I get a B-A-R-O-C-K? Or a bot-anus.

PVS
or a I-S-S M-Y A-S-S?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
or a I-S-S M-Y A-S-S?

Who's off-topicing now?

PVS
ZOMG IRONY222

ok, can we move along?

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
sometimes barock, you have to spell things out better for some.

the majority of V-O-T-I-N-G americans voted for bush, not the population's majoity.
so we move on...

usually the majoriting of V-O-T-I-N-G americans usually have some idea that the president they're voting for will get some things straight. It's not just some simple popularity contest. There will be decisions that american presidents will make that will not benefit the self-interest of all americans.

Figured I'd put that in before the argument fades too fast.

Bardock42
usually the majoriting of V-O-T-I-N-G americans usually have some idea that the president they're voting for will get some things straight. It's not just some simple popularity contest. There will be decisions that american presidents will make that will not benefit the self-interest of all americans.

Figured I'd put that in before the argument fades too fast.

How do you figure that?

Phoenix2001
How do you figure that?

What do you mean? Elaborate on your question.

Bardock42
What do you mean? Elaborate on your question.
How do you figure that the majority of U.S. voters have any clue what they are doing?

PVS

...and? the P-O-I-N-T of this article is that this person, as well as many who voted for bush, feel that he F-A-I-L-E-D in benefitting the interests of the right. thats all. nowhere does he say "i should have voted gore/kerry", does he? in fact if you read it you would see that he only gives credit for non-bush supporters for "kicking him while he was up"...which really is only a hat tip toward other's convictions, rather than political preference.

which brings me to my next thought:
many of you have missed the point, and have given me a wonderful yet accidental social experiment to ponder.

the article points no finger accept to the president. it makes no judgements and only shows empathy for a bush voter, however disagreement (not bashing)toward people who still support his every policy. yet what do we see here? accusations toward the left of pointless counterproductive bickering, forcing the topic off of bush and on to the same old left/right bullshit. thanks to all who participated in this happy accident.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
thanks to all who participated in this happy accident.

You know how to make people feel good. But I don't think that's really what happened. It's not left-right, granted the original topic (whatever you had in mind) was probably not followed, but it is still about Bush, and people voting for Bush, not a left-right issue.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
...and? the P-O-I-N-T of this article is that this person, as well as many who voted for bush, feel that he F-A-I-L-E-D in benefitting the interests of the right. thats all. nowhere does he say "i should have voted gore/kerry", does he? in fact if you read it you would see that he only gives credit for non-bush supporters for "kicking him while he was up"...which really is only a hat tip toward other's convictions, rather than political preference.

which brings me to my next thought:
many of you have missed the point, and have given me a wonderful yet accidental social experiment to ponder.

the article points no finger accept to the president. it makes no judgements and only shows empathy for a bush voter, however disagreement (not bashing)toward people who still support his every policy. yet what do we see here? accusations toward the left of pointless counterproductive bickering, forcing the topic off of bush and on to the same old left/right bullshit. thanks to all who participated in this happy accident.

Bravo! I'll do a hill click for you.

PVS
and people voting for Bush

NO it isnt. its about one man who voted for bush and regrets his decision. not only that but he expresses nothing but contempt for the left, even calling carter one of, if not THE worst president in history, as well as bashing gore. its just one man, who wrote an article about how HE feels about bush.

that is the topic, not because its what i had in mind, but because the author dictated it. simple as that.

Phoenix2001
Originally posted by PVS
NO it isnt. its about one man who voted for bush and regrets his decision. not only that but he expresses nothing but contempt for the left, even calling carter one of, if not THE worst president in history, as well as bashing gore. its just one man, who wrote an article about how HE feels about bush.

that is the topic, not because its what i had in mind, but because the author dictated it. simple as that.

Awesome finish... if it's finished.

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS

Oh okay.....so that topic....what are we supposed to say? Like...yeah...he said that.....I guess he said that. It's about him. Very interesting. Obviously it comes down to politics but lets not discuss that. He wrote that. Yeah....apologizing. Cool.

PVS
Oh okay.....so that topic....what are we supposed to say? Like...yeah...he said that.....I guess he said that. It's about him. Very interesting. Obviously it comes down to politics but lets not discuss that. He wrote that. Yeah....apologizing. Cool.

fine. let it spiral into another "ZOMG YOU LEFTIES ALWAYS WHINE ABOUT BUSH!!!!" and "ZOMFG YOU DUMB REDNECKS VOTED FOR BUSH!!!!" although it was never implied. and from here on i'll just pretend thats not the altered topic and take the 'naked gun' approach of waving my hands in front of an exploding fireworks factory yelling "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!"

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
fine. let it spiral into another "ZOMG YOU LEFTIES ALWAYS WHINE ABOUT BUSH!!!!" and "ZOMFG YOU DUMB REDNECKS VOTED FOR BUSH!!!!" although it was never implied. and from here on i'll just pretend thats not the altered topic and take the 'naked gun' approach of waving my hands in front of an exploding fireworks factory yelling "NOTHING TO SEE HERE!!!"

We had a conversation about voting. This guy was apologizing for voting. I think something like that should be possible to discuss in this Thread. But alright, I didn't sart it. So please, what do you wish to discuss?

PVS
*sigh* all im saying is the left/right distraction has reared its ugly head. i know you love disagreement, but can you please drop the sparring gloves for a moment and ponder that?

Bardock42
Originally posted by PVS
*sigh* all im saying is the left/right distraction has reared its ugly head. i know you love disagreement, but can you please drop the sparring gloves for a moment and ponder that?

You know, I just don't see myself as left so...well....back on topic.

PVS
im not sure if there really is such a thing. as the author has pointed out, our government under the current administration has become more bloated and fiscally reckless than ever....really going against the basic principals of the right imho. i said it before, if all this faith-based evangelical nonesense and war mongering for profit was washed away from the republican party....i would be a republican. instead of those principals its been reduced to buzz topics for the average a.d.d. voter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.