no powers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
out of all the marvel charactors whose your favorite guy that doesnt have any powers ? mine is cap of course

diabloman
dare devil is still considered a mutant but he really doesnt have any powers in a way. so hes on my list as well

badabing
Bats & Cap

Validus
I would say Cap but then again, anyone who can rule a mile in around a minutes time has blatant super speed.

King KAM
Punisher....

bet you werent expecting that! eek!

Validus
Yeah, considering the thread says Marvel characters. stick out tongue

badabing
Originally posted by Validus
I would say Cap but then again, anyone who can rule a mile in around a minutes time has blatant super speed.
So Cap can run 60 mph now?

diabloman
Originally posted by badabing
So Cap can run 60 mph now? yah thats a new one

Validus
Originally posted by diabloman
yah thats a new one
It is indeed.

http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ca010087zv.jpg

Carrying a person in his arms to boot.

Milkie
Taskmaster

Dayscribe
I kinda like Captain America

badabing
It is indeed.

Son of a bi..... mad furious frusty ranting

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL! I give up. I'm done.

diabloman
Son of a bi..... mad furious frusty ranting

Seriously, WHAT THE HELL! I give up. I'm done. take care !

badabing
Shaddup Dark Helmet. mad
http://www.cchs165.jacksn.k12.il.us/sep/SEP2004/Moviepages/Gerron/spaceballs3.jpg

stick out tongue

Scoobless
Hawkeye is the greatest no-power character in Marvel.... used to be followed by Tony Stark (but he recently got a techno-upgrade that gives him powers without the armour)

grey fox
Originally posted by Scoobless
Hawkeye is the greatest no-power character in Marvel.... used to be followed by Tony Stark (but he recently got a techno-upgrade that gives him powers without the armour)

WTF ?

Scoobless
Originally posted by grey fox
WTF ?

Well... sort-of gives him powers.... Like Cable he can now access and control computers (due to his Extremis upgrade) i'm pretty sure it also give him above human durability, healing and strength.... it seems to have vastly increased his mental capacity as well..... he's now multi-tasking like a mutha-*****

Soleran

yes

supernatural
punisher

diabloman
Shaddup Dark Helmet. mad
http://www.cchs165.jacksn.k12.il.us/sep/SEP2004/Moviepages/Gerron/spaceballs3.jpg

stick out tongue thought you where leaving ? big grin

superman41082
dare devil is still considered a mutant but he really doesnt have any powers in a way. so hes on my list as well

DD is not a mutant........

diabloman
Originally posted by superman41082
DD is not a mutant........ he has powers in a way.

superman41082
So Cap can run 60 mph now?

I think this guy's thinking of the ultimate universe

On that note, I'll say Captain America!!!!!! Duhhhhh.........

Milkie
Wow. I can't believe i'm the only one that said Taskmaster

superman41082
he has powers in a way.

Yes he does, but he's not a mutant. Half of Marvel's character's get their powers in other ways, ie Spiderman. DD is one of these characters.

diabloman
Originally posted by superman41082
Yes he does, but he's not a mutant. Half of Marvel's character's get their powers in other ways, ie Spiderman. DD is one of these characters. the ones that have powers are mutants.

King KAM
Originally posted by Milkie
Wow. I can't believe i'm the only one that said Taskmaster TM is second class copy cat.

Milkie
Taskmaster could kick Punishers ass!!!

King KAM
Taskmaster could kick Punishers ass!!! i was being sarcastic when i said punisher....

GaWd!!! you're dense....

Milkie
Originally posted by King KAM
i was being sarcastic when i said punisher...

GaWd!!! you're dense....

http://themot.org/gallery/d/3965-1/duntoldrape.jpg

King KAM
http://themot.org/gallery/d/3965-1/duntoldrape.jpg i dont wanna see any pictures from your childhood....

Scoobless
the ones that have powers are mutants.

Only people born with the "X" gene are mutants

Wonder Man
Alferd.

diabloman
Only people born with the "X" gene are mutants not all

diabloman
Only people born with the "X" gene are mutants

Grimm22
It is indeed.

Well it was never said that he could run 60 miles an hour, just that if he had to he could run a mile in less than 2 minutes.

Hey he's the perfect soldier what do you want me to say? Cap is badass

Scoobless
not all

Yeah they are

outarddwarf
i know anyone with powers in the ultimate universe is called an illegal mutant but not in the context people are thinking of. They just mean with altered genes. DD However doesn't have altered genes does he? He just got hit in the face with acid and is now blind...
sommat like that right?

Black Adam
not all

only people born with x genes are called mutants.

Black Adam
Originally posted by outarddwarf
i know anyone with powers in the ultimate universe is called an illegal mutant but not in the context people are thinking of. They just mean with altered genes.

thats in the ultimate universe. i don't think 616 has an official name.
it changes from writer to writer. i have heard metahuman in a marvel book(I thought it was just DC) and also mutate.

Whenever someone speaks of a mutant in 616 they mean the people who have a x gene.

the only time i hear guys like DD or spider-man called mutants are buy people who don't know exactly what they are like some random thug their beating up.

Originally posted by outarddwarf

DD However doesn't have altered genes does he? He just got hit in the face with acid and is now blind...
sommat like that right?

got hit in the face with nuclear waste. which blinded him but gave him heightened senses.

outarddwarf
right. So he is probably thinking of it in that context.

Tron
Wrong forum.

Moving...

Validus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Well it was never said that he could run 60 miles an hour, just that if he had to he could run a mile in less than 2 minutes.

Hey he's the perfect soldier what do you want me to say? Cap is badass
Running a mile in just over a minute is superhuman no matter how you want to slice it, especially when you're carrying 100+lbs in your arms.

Scoobless
Running a mile in just over a minute is superhuman no matter how you want to slice it

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/1096/ca010087zv.th.jpg

hmmm... He'd have to be able to sprint twice as fast as an olympic level sprinter to run a mile that fast.... which he may be able to do consider he has peak human everything, stronger than a power lifter combined with greater agility than a gymnast would make him pretty damn fast

Mindship

It was inevitable.
One day, it's gonna happen to Batman too. You'll see. Slowly but surely. It's already happening with his costume: look how much more tech it is than it was 30 years ago. First the costume...eventually the body.

Scoobless
Originally posted by Mindship
It was inevitable.
One day, it's gonna happen to Batman too. You'll see. Slowly but surely. It's already happening with his costume: look how much more tech it is than it was 30 years ago. First the costume...eventually the body.

Maybe... but with Iron Man it should have happened a while ago. Tech saved his life from shrapnel, got him out of a POW camp, replaced his heart and now it's throughout his entire body.

I think it's a good, logical move for Iron Man to become more and more machine (up to a point)

This "Extremis" thing is messing with his mind to the point that i can see him becoming a big enough threat that the Avengers have to go against him in the not too distant future... after that he'll get rid of it and revert back to regular Iron Man (probably)

Validus
Originally posted by Mindship
It was inevitable.
If you ask me, it would have been logical for Batman to become "Iron Man" a long time ago. He's got so much tech from not only Wayne Enterprises but also his alien JLA buddies it's ridiculous. For example, the fact that he still wears kevlar is pretty stupid when he could easily strap himself with a Mother Box.

Deadpool14
Taskmaster

and Daredevil's super power is a rader sense: his brain emits electromagnetic pulses that reflect off objects.

Psyquis52
Taskmaster has a power though. Granted it's not a power you could gage or anything but it's still a power. I say give it up for Cap.

Deadpool14
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Taskmaster has a power though. Granted it's not a power you could gage or anything but it's still a power. I say give it up for Cap.

we consider it a power because it is rare. it is like photographic memory.
it is not considered a 'super' power though. it is not considered a mutation. and he was born with it.

Milkie
Captain America has an upper hand over Taskmaster though. Cap. got injections in order to be what he is today. Taskmaster had to work his ass off if he wants to pull off the moves Spider-Man and people of the like do.

Deadpool14
you would be right if "work his ass off" means watching a recording.

but, i have a feeling you are talking about the physical aspect of it.
Taskmaster, simply by mimicking people would stay in shape. Cap can be lazy.

Milkie
Just by mimicking them does not mean he can fully pull off the moves and stay in shape. His body has to be in superb physical condition and have a good degree of contortion if he wants to get any move right without hurting himself. Hes not Superhuman hes Human.

Deadpool14
duh he's human. that's what i said 2 posts ago. that's why he is in this thread!!!!!!!!!!!

Milkie
WELL OK THEN!!! YOU ARE THE ONE QUESTIONING HIM!!!!

GGGGRRAAAHHHH!!!!

Deadpool14
when did i question him. someone called 'photographic reflexes' a power, and i clarified it.

*gives a tissue to stop burst jugular*

Milkie
GGGRRAAAHH!!!!!

Deadpool14
*gives a bottle of ex-lax*

Milkie
Thanks

Deadpool14
big grin Your welcome!

AJ4LIFE
i just got up so corect me if im wrong but there is

superhuman

cap america

and more maybe

altered human

spidey

d devil

mutant

gambit

storm

anyway i like dd at monent he looks cool in c war cap a bit spidey

oh and bats oviousley but he aint a choice

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.