maul vs dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Acheous
setting-cloud city

Razielim
Maul gets destroyed.

Hokage Yoda
Dooku owns him with one hand. Oh wait thats what his light saber style is

jollyjim311
Dooku, but not nearly as easy as you guys would like to think. Dooku is not the greatest character ever, but fanboys are in love with him.

darthsith19
Yeah, I agree with Jollyjim311.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by jollyjim311
Dooku, but not nearly as easy as you guys would like to think. Dooku is not the greatest character ever, but fanboys are in love with him.

Yep.

Xepeyon
^
Same Here

((The_Anomaly))
Maul'd pull some useless Mid air kung fu spins while Dooku sipped a martini then casually walk over and defeat Maul with big words and suave intellect.

But seriously, although I agree Dooku isn't "teh leet force uzer!" he would still curbstomp Maul.

Swirly Girl

LMAO, you hypocrite! You support Vader in just about every thread he comes up in!

Vader versus Ragnos. Vader!

Vader versus DN Luke. Vader!

Vader versus the Republic. Vader!

Rampant ox
Pffft. Dooku would wtf pwn Maul faster than he did Anakin in AOTC. And yes im referring to the part where he doesnt even have to ignite his saber.I mean Dooku wtf pwned Obi-Wan TWICE and it was Obi-Wan who bet Maul in the first place. Just the great Counts presence would be to great for Maul to handle and he would commit suicide!!

Council#13
Dooku would win, but not own or pwn or destroy. In ROTS novelization or LOE he said that "Maul was an animal. A skilled animal..." which pretty much shows that Dooku knew that Maul was not an adversary to underestimate.

Well, Dooku would not pwn or own, but he could win with some ease, as he managed to defeat ROTS Obi-Wan, who later (between ROTS and ANH) defeated the Maul clone.

terd40
seriously with the references to when obi and the count faught, obi had just faught (sp) through a war with the cis, been held captive, chased a bounty hunter and finally gotten to fight dooku. i sure would have been fatigued. in ep 3 same thing, chasing the war around and then fighting to even get the chance to fight dooku again.

i think maul puts his head down and bull rushes end of story. both die with mauls head stuck in dooku's stomach

Ermac_Master
Originally posted by Swirly Girl
LMAO, you hypocrite! You support Vader in just about every thread he comes up in!

Vader versus Ragnos. Vader!

Vader versus DN Luke. Vader!

Vader versus the Republic. Vader!

Wow, that is a completely irrelevant post. That added nothing to the debate. That was seriously one of the most worthless comments I've ever heard.

Motoko Sama
Originally posted by Ermac_Master
Wow, that is a completely irrelevant post. That added nothing to the debate. That was seriously one of the most worthless comments I've ever heard.

Sort of like the comment you responded with -- completely irrelevant, adds nothing to do the debate, a worthless comment, etc.

As for the actual fight, I'd say Dooku wins. A decent match, but Dooku ultimately wins.

Ermac_Master
Haha. hysterical

Dooku wins, not by too much though.

Council#13
Originally posted by terd40
seriously with the references to when obi and the count faught, obi had just faught (sp) through a war with the cis, been held captive, chased a bounty hunter and finally gotten to fight dooku. i sure would have been fatigued. in ep 3 same thing, chasing the war around and then fighting to even get the chance to fight dooku again.

Yes, well we all know this, but nonetheless, Dooku would easily be able to defeat the AOTC Obi-Wan.

Xepeyon
Dooku wins, but not as easily as everyone's saying. Mual is very skilled in Form VII Juyo, the fight art of Teras Kais, and a Midi-Clorian count that probably surpasses Sidious. Unlike Tyrannus, Sidious intended to keep Maul to wipe out the Jedi. Seeing as Sidious wanted an apprintice that could grow more powerful than him, Maul may have potentially been able to become stronger than him. While his Force Potential hasn't much to do with this, is may give him an edge dispite being less skilled, like in the Anakin vs Dooku of RotS. In the end, I think he will lose.

tdtd
Originally posted by Rampant ox
Pffft. Dooku would wtf pwn Maul faster than he did Anakin in AOTC. And yes im referring to the part where he doesnt even have to ignite his saber.I mean Dooku wtf pwned Obi-Wan TWICE and it was Obi-Wan who bet Maul in the first place. Just the great Counts presence would be to great for Maul to handle and he would commit suicide!!

Wrong, because Maul>Anakin in lightsaber combat. You have a baseless fanboy argument, assuming that Maul can't block force powers.. Who trained him? Yes that's rght. Anyways Dooku is superior to him in both saber combat and force abilities, but he won't win with ease, it will be quite difficult, especially with Maul's incredible speed and double light saber.

Motoko Sama
Since when?

Sesse
In Episodes 1 and 2.

Janus Marius
Yeah TPM Anakin < Maul. I seen it with my own eyes.

tdtd
lol.. Why would AOTC Anakin be above Maul? Unless of course AOTC Anakin>Qui Gon... AKA Wrong.

Motoko Sama
I thought you meant ROTS Anakin. My mistake.

tdtd
No my love..

Faunus
Dooku more or less wastes him.

tdtd
or less......

BLAK FOX
Dooku should be able to defeat him with relative ease.

MASTER OWENS
Personally i think count dooku would lose against Darth maul. Darth maul would have stuck dooku with his light saber and dooku would be dead. nonetheless i think it would be a great fight

Rampant ox
Originally posted by MASTER OWENS
Personally i think count dooku would lose against Darth maul. Darth maul would have stuck dooku with his light saber and dooku would be dead. nonetheless i think it would be a great fight

WTF?!?! The Count is leagus above Maul. It would take seconds for the Count to win. All he has to do is find an opening and strike. This is the sort of thing Dooku has been trained for and is a master of. Whereas Maul is extremely good he simply doesnt stand a chance.

Antediluvian
Padawan Kenobi > Maul

Dooku > Jedi Master Kenobi

^ Just thought I'd slip in an ABC for shits and giggles. Nothing written in stone here.

Maul gets curbstomped. He's nothing compared to Dooku, to be honest. Dooku was the more powerful Sith. By leagues, as the Dooku fanboy stated.

Rampant ox
And can I just point at that Dooku wtf pwned jedi master Obi-Wan TWICE in like 20 seconds. And I would like to say Count Dooku rocks!!!

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Rampant ox
And can I just point at that Dooku wtf pwned jedi master Obi-Wan TWICE in like 20 seconds. And I would like to say Count Dooku rocks!!!

Yes yes, we all know he kicked the shit out of Kenobi. Relax, dude.

Fanboyism killed the cat.

darthsith19
Yeah, Dooku wins, but TPM Obi-Wan doesn't > Maul. <Maul was pwning him for the first 1/2 of their duel, while fending off Qui-Gon, and even at the end, when Maul was tired from battling and killing Qui-Gon after fighting both Jedi at the same time, he still pushed Kenobi in the pit even though Kenobi was using the Dark Side. Obi-Wan won by luck, despte his claim that there's no such thing as luck. He was just messing with Han when he said that.

jollyjim311
Maul is better than Padawan Obi, for reasons stated above. Also, Maul can withstand lightning, it just pisses him off more. In a saber fight it would be close, but when the force is involved, Dooku has a definite edge. Maul gives Dooku a good run, but Dooku has a solid win, I'd say.

And Rampant, calm down, we all know you're in love with Dooku. You don't need to stain your skivvies every time you see a thread with his name in it, okay?

Antediluvian
How was Maul better than Kenobi? As a Padawan, he had been on par with Maul the entire fight and at the end he began to overpower him. He showed that by slicing Maul's Lightsaber in half. Maul got angry and force pushed Kenobi. Kenobi wasn't exactly outmaneuvered when it came to Lightsaber dueling.

Ermac_Master
"They will be no match for you."

jollyjim311
Originally posted by Antediluvian
How was Maul better than Kenobi? As a Padawan, he had been on par with Maul the entire fight and at the end he began to overpower him. He showed that by slicing Maul's Lightsaber in half. Maul got angry and force pushed Kenobi. Kenobi wasn't exactly outmaneuvered when it came to Lightsaber dueling.

Maul kicked Kenobi aside to fight Qui Gon early on. He outclassed both at the same time. When it came down to things, Kenobi was left hanging in a pit. That's how.

Rampant ox
Actually when it came down to it Maul was falling down the pit in two pieces. Obi-Wan won fair and square however he did have a considerable amount of luck on his side.

Razielim
I'd like to point out that Kenobi was a Knight in AotC. Not that it matters, though.

jollyjim311
Maul is a better combatant than both TPM Qui Gon and Obi Wan, that should be clear.

Ermac_Master
Obi-Wan won fair and square but had luck? What the f**k?

darthsith19
He was doing good when fueled by the Dark Side, but look how bad he was doing at the beginning, even with Qui-Gon fighting alongside him. Plus Maul was tired when he fought Kenobin at the end.

Yes, exactly, and in the TPM novel it says Maul's stornger than either Kenobi or Qui-Gon, and Qui-Gon's not sure they can take Maul, even 2 on 1.

lol.

Antediluvian
Maul kicked Kenobi aside to fight Qui Gon early on. He outclassed both at the same time. When it came down to things, Kenobi was left hanging in a pit. That's how.

Kenobi had slashed Mauls Lightsaber in half and was pushing his offensive to hell. Then Maul decided he wasl osing so he would force push Kenobi into the shaft for a quick kill. But that didn't happen. Kenobi finished the job and killed Maul.

Done and Done.

Decay
everyone seems to underestimate maul. he a pure fighter, his goal was to be the best duelist in the galaxy, and he was good enough to hold on against qui gon and obi wan for a time, then isolate and defeat qui gon, then out duel obi wan. maul is a beast. dooku however was the second best duelist in the jedi order, considerably better than anyone, other than anakin mace and yoda. dooku also had the goal of being the best duelist in the galaxy and trained extencively in saber to saber combat. his force powers would be above anything maul could handle, and i believe hed out duel maul, but with some difficulty. especially considering mauls athletic style and dookus age.

jollyjim311
Sounds right to me.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Decay
everyone seems to underestimate maul. he a pure fighter, his goal was to be the best duelist in the galaxy, and he was good enough to hold on against qui gon and obi wan for a time, then isolate and defeat qui gon, then out duel obi wan. maul is a beast. dooku however was the second best duelist in the jedi order, considerably better than anyone, other than anakin mace and yoda. dooku also had the goal of being the best duelist in the galaxy and trained extencively in saber to saber combat. his force powers would be above anything maul could handle, and i believe hed out duel maul, but with some difficulty. especially considering mauls athletic style and dookus age.

Damnit, dude!

He didn't outduel Kenobi! He had just got his Saber cut in half and was losing the Lightsaber battle. That is why he had to force push Kenobi over the edge.

Damnit, people . . .

BLAK FOX
Dude did we watch the same movie? He was outclassing Obi-Wan as badly as Dooku outclassed Anakin in ROTS. Anybody apart from you can see that. Do you seriously think that Kenobi would be able to defeat someone who had quite easily outdueled his master, who was clearly a better duelist then Obi-Wan.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by BLAK FOX
Dude did we watch the same movie? He was outclassing Obi-Wan as badly as Dooku outclassed Anakin in ROTS. Anybody apart from you can see that. Do you seriously think that Kenobi would be able to defeat someone who had quite easily outdueled his master, who was clearly a better duelist then Obi-Wan.

Are you retarded? Go read the databank! After Kenobi starts taking the offensive role in the fight and cleaves his saber in two, Maul FORCE PUSHES Kenobi into the shaft. Maul did not outclass Kenobi or he would have lived.

BLAK FOX
It seems that you are basing everything you say off of the script and star wars databank. That's complete bs. You clearly are not able to grasp the concept of luck. Maul HAD defeated him. He was just being cocky and was taunting Obi-Wan. He had displayed superior dueling skills by firstly easily fending odd both Jinn and Kenobi's attacks, and then by quite easily defeating Jinn.

Antediluvian
I'm basing my shit off of evidence. You? Pure opinion.

No, Maul thought he had defeated him. He was being defeated earlier so he force pushed Kenobi into the shaft. This is after Mauls lightsaber got lopped in half by Kenobi.

Admiral Akbar
I agree with Sorgo. Maul lost the fight. Obi-wan got the better of him when he was enraged. Maul was an idiot not to finish him off, or even hack him while he was flipping up and over.

BLAK FOX
You're basing everything off of the star wars databank and the final movie script which are not 100% canon, accurate or genuine. And who says there is no room for opinions in debates. It is pretty obvious that Maul outdueled him and if I remember correctly Nick Gillard said something along those lines.

Antediluvian
You're basing everything off of the star wars databank and the final movie script which are not 100% canon, accurate or genuine. And who says there is no room for opinions in debates. It is pretty obvious that Maul outdueled him and if I remember correctly Nick Gillard said something along those lines.

No, he didn't.

Where's your evidence, buddy? I saw what happened on that movie. Maul was being pushed back and Kenobi had just sliced his Lightsaber so Maul decided he wasn't going to lose and he pushed Kenobi into the shaft using the force, which was his greatest mistake.

BLAK FOX
No, he didn't.

Maul pushed Kenobi into the shaft using the force, which was his greatest mistake.

His greatest mistake was not finishing him off once Obi was in the shaft and instead taunting him.

No, he didn't.

I can't give a direct quote but I definitely remember him saying something along those lines.

Where's your evidence, buddy? I saw what happened on that movie.

Well this is just a difference in opinion but if I may say so, your opinion sucks.

Motoko Sama
Actually, as soon as the energy doors open, Obi-Wan comes out on the offensive. And, after he breaks Maul's saber in-half, Obi-Wan doesn't outduel Maul in the least bit. Ininitially, yes, but from that point onwards -- no.

I mean Maul kicks Kenobi right in the chin, right after that he dodges his attack, and then as soon as Maul ducks Kenobi's next attack, they come into a saberlock, and Maul firstly overpowers him - pushing his lightsaber back - and then pushes him down the shaft.

Antediluvian
Incorrect. Luckily, I have the video to prove it!

Kenobi is the FIRST one to kick Maul in the face RIGHT after he chops his Saber. Maul goes down and quickly gets back up. Maul then kicks Kenobi, who does a back flip with the kick and lands on his FEET. Kenobi then barrades Maul with a series of attacks. Then Kenobi smashes his Lightsaber against Mauls. Maul pushes the attack off and then force pushes Kenobi into the generator. Watch the beginning of the fight before Kenobi rips his saber in half. Maul is on the DEFENSE the entire time. And then after that, they are on par at best.

Maul pushed Kenobis powerful swipe off and force pushed him, in fear that Kenobi would come back at him with a more powerful attack.

Shortly after, Maul gets pwned. They were on par AT THE MINIMUM on that duel IF NOT Kenobi doing better.

Watch on, my friend.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=M2itqwRpnDY

BLAK FOX
Dude, even after Maul defeated Jinn and Obi-Wan fought more ferociously, Maul was still able to match him with his own ferociousness. Wow, Obi-Wan was able to kick Maul and cut his saber in half. That was THE 1 thing that Obi-Wan did to Maul in the entire fight. And shortly afterwards, Maul was able to land a kick in on Obi-Wan any way and shortly afterwards force push him into the shaft (and that did actually required Maul to outduel him and put Obi-Wan in a vulnerable position so he could pull off his force push that Obi-Wan wouldn't be able to block, so stop acting as if it was lucky because it IS actually a testament to his dueling ability).

Antediluvian
Dude, even after Maul defeated Jinn and Obi-Wan fought more ferociously, Maul was still able to match him with his own ferociousness. Wow, Obi-Wan was able to kick Maul and cut his saber in half. That was THE 1 thing that Obi-Wan did to Maul in the entire fight. And shortly afterwards, Maul was able to land a kick in on Obi-Wan any way and shortly afterwards force push him into the shaft (and that did actually required Maul to outduel him and put Obi-Wan in a vulnerable position so he could pull off his force push that Obi-Wan wouldn't be able to block, so stop acting as if it was lucky because it IS actually a testament to his dueling ability).

Are you ridiculously stupid? I just showed you DIRECT PROOF that Maul was receiving an ass whooping.

And opening you say? There would have to be a pretty big opening for Kenobi to have sliced his Lightsaber in half and kick him to the ground. Not to mention, keeping him purely on defense during the beginning of their one on one.

Kenobi also managed to roll with Mauls kick and land on his feet. And no! Maul didn't outduel him at that point. He brushed off an attack in order to push him.

Why didn't he continue the Lightsaber duel if he had such a large opening, Blak Fox? Ever think he just wanted to end it quickly in fear of Kenobi outdueling him?

Maul had a tiny opening to push Kenobi. If Maul even tried to raise his Lightsaber to Kenobi, Kenobi would have blocked it. Maul knew this, so he stopped the fight by force pushing Kenobi.

Oh and Kenobi did more than one good thing.

- He had Maul on the defensive at the beginning.
- Kicked Maul to the ground.
- Slashed his Lightsaber.
- Never broke his offense and stayed on par.
- Killed Maul!

^ I recall more than one, my friend.

darthsith19
Go watch TPM. Maul was destroying Obi-Wan for 90% of the duel. Only at the end they were even since Obi-Wan was using the Dark Side and Maul was tired from fighting Jinn after fighting both Jedi at once.

DarthMaul9123
as a maul fanboy i would like to contribute as much as any dooku fanboy, maul whipps his old ass off the station and he falls to his ever loving death. no proof just fanboyism find a dooku fanboy that will give you more!

but now the seriouse part, if you think about it maul had to be the way he was he had to lose or else there would be no star wars. If maul wasted the two of them he would have killed lil annie and padme and hopefully jar jar, or i'd have to kill maul myself! but honestly given the hatred he was he would fight so intensely against dooku because he would be offended that he would be accepted as a sith after leaving the jedi order, because maul hates sith, ergo maul would fight with a full controll of the dark side

Antediluvian
Originally posted by darthsith19
Go watch TPM. Maul was destroying Obi-Wan for 90% of the duel. Only at the end they were even since Obi-Wan was using the Dark Side and Maul was tired from fighting Jinn after fighting both Jedi at once.

DS19, that's ridiculous and you know it. Maul had plenty of a break during his time between the laser wall. And are you saying Kenobi is a better dark side practitioner than Maul?

What makes you think Kenobi wasn't just as equally tired?

Maul was destroying Kenobi? You're on crack. Kenobi HAD Maul when he started to do one on one with him. He was throwing away all of his moves like they were mere annoyances.

DarthMaul9123
bull he was mad that jinn was dead what do you think he was happy, dude i dont know about you but i do no that when he screamed nooooo that meant he was pissed! so, yes you know he was angry and maul threw him down a well how the hell was he supposed to know that obiwan would use a discarded lightsaber

Great Vengeance
DS19, that's ridiculous and you know it. Maul had plenty of a break during his time between the laser wall. And are you saying Kenobi is a better dark side practitioner than Maul?

What makes you think Kenobi wasn't just as equally tired?

Maul was destroying Kenobi? You're on crack. Kenobi HAD Maul when he started to do one on one with him. He was throwing away all of his moves like they were mere annoyances.

As many people have already pointed out, Maul was dominating the fight. Kenobi got a short outburst in where it appeared he was gaining the upper hand, but Maul quickly silenced him. The only reason Kenobi won the fight, is because he caught Maul off-guard with his one of his famous ninja moves.

Antediluvian
Originally posted by DarthMaul9123
bull he was mad that jinn was dead what do you think he was happy, dude i dont know about you but i do no that when he screamed nooooo that meant he was pissed! so, yes you know he was angry and maul threw him down a well how the hell was he supposed to know that obiwan would use a discarded lightsaber

ARE YOU NUTS?

Yeah, because it was that simple:

"D'uh, Kenobi got mad and screamed. Then maul thjrew him intos a shaft and kenobi went nuts again and maul died. huh uhu hu h!11"

Antediluvian
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
As many people have already pointed out, Maul was dominating the fight. Kenobi got a short outburst in where it appeared he was gaining the upper hand, but Maul quickly silenced him. The only reason Kenobi won the fight, is because he caught Maul off-guard with his one of his famous ninja moves.

Wrong again.

Maul was dominating nothing. He couldn't handle his opponents rage and that was his loss. Kenobi had him on the defense, cut his Lightsaber and kicked him to the ground. The rest of their one on one consisted of them being on par, Maul kicked Kenobi and Kenobi landed on his feet and then Kenobi almost began to put Maul back into defense but Maul force pushed him in fear of overall defeat during the duel.

DarthMaul9123
......... ok? whatever that was for it made as much sense as me when im angry. but maul clearly won the battle and was of course caught off by one of the ninja moves as great vengance said and not even yoda could have see that coming, unless he was thinking be mindful of your surroundings, but maul wasnt we all know that or he would have been holding jinn's lightsaber. so its settled that maul was caught off guard!

Antediluvian
......... ok? whatever that was for it made as much sense as me when im angry. but maul clearly won the battle and was of course caught off by one of the ninja moves as great vengance said and not even yoda could have see that coming, unless he was thinking be mindful of your surroundings, but maul wasnt we all know that or he would have been holding jinn's lightsaber. so its settled that maul was caught off guard!

Maul was losing previously.

I love how one Force push out of fear that he was going to lose is apparently "Maul overpowering Kenobi during a Duel.".

Maul surprised Kenobi with that push just as much as Kenobi surprised Maul with his "Ninja" maneuver.

Maul was being forced into defense for the SECOND time during their one on one so he force pushed Kenobi. That simple.

DarthMaul9123
how do you know he knew or even was going to lose that speculation
im not saying mine is backed up but its not made up crap that other people wont agree with

Great Vengeance
Wrong again.

Maul was dominating nothing. He couldn't handle his opponents rage and that was his loss. Kenobi had him on the defense, cut his Lightsaber and kicked him to the ground. The rest of their one on one consisted of them being on par, Maul kicked Kenobi and Kenobi landed on his feet and then Kenobi almost began to put Maul back into defense but Maul force pushed him in fear of overall defeat during the duel.

Earlier Maul was dominating *both* of them at the same time, what makes you think Kenobi suddenly got the power to fairly defeat Maul one on one? He didnt, like I said before, Kenobi got a short outburst where it appeared Maul was going on the defensive but then Maul quickly gained the upper hand again and pushed Kenobi into the shaft. If Maul was so 'afraid' of Kenobi winning, then why did he taunt him? Maul didnt even consider Kenobi a threat, and thats what led to Mauls downfall when he got suprise attacked.

DarthMaul9123
ya lets see dooku handle someone who was rightfully put on the council not put on the council so george lucas could get obiwan in as many scenes as he could

Antediluvian
Earlier Maul was dominating *both* of them at the same time, what makes you think Kenobi suddenly got the power to fairly defeat Maul one on one? He didnt, like I said before, Kenobi got a short outburst where it appeared Maul was going on the defensive but then Maul quickly gained the upper hand again and pushed Kenobi into the shaft. If Maul was so 'afraid' of Kenobi winning, then why did he taunt him? Maul didnt even consider Kenobi a threat, and thats what led to Mauls downfall when he got suprise attacked.

He wasn't dominating both of them! They were on par. Dude, you so misinformed.

Kenobi was enraged. He just watched his Master die. So he freaked. Click on my f*cking profile and watch the damn fight, dude! After Maul regains himself after Kenobi forces him on the defense, they are ON PAR. Maul doesn't throw Kenobi on defense ONCE. Then, Kenobi begins to put Maul on the defense AGAIN and Maul force pushes him in fear of loss. That's what happened. And I like I mentioned earlier, Mauls push was just as a surprise as Kenobis flip. Except Kenobi lived and Maul died.

Outlook of one on one:

- Kenobi comes out and bashes Mauls Lightsaber.
- Kenobi keeps Maul on defense, forcing him back.
- Kenobi slashes Mauls Lightsaber in half and kicks him in the chest, knocking him to the ground.
- Maul gets up, Kenobi does an Ataru flip attack and Maul blocks it. Maul forces Kenobi on the defense for only three seconds and Maul kicks Kenobi.
- Kenobi flips with the kcik and lands on his feet as if he was never kicked.
- Kenobi regains himself and puts Maul on the defensive side yet again. Kenobi bashes his Lightsaber onto Mauls and begins pushing. Maul pushes forward and slips a quick surprise force push.
- Kenobi hangs on as Maul kicks Kenobis Lightsaber into the shaft.
- Maul gets arrogant and begins swiping the mouth of the Shaft with his Lightsaber, taunting Kenobi, thinking Kenobi has lost.
- Kenobi flips over Maul as Maul WATCHES him flip. (Maul was surprised?) and Kenobi regains himself for three quarters of a second and slices Maul, killing him.

^ That's what happened. Don't believe it? Believe it:

Antediluvian
ya lets see dooku handle someone who was rightfully put on the council not put on the council so george lucas could get obiwan in as many scenes as he could

Maul isn't defeating Dooku. That's already been established.

Great Vengeance
He wasn't dominating both of them! They were on par. Dude, you so misinformed.

Kenobi was enraged. He just watched his Master die. So he freaked. Click on my f*cking profile and watch the damn fight, dude! After Maul regains himself after Kenobi forces him on the defense, they are ON PAR. Maul doesn't throw Kenobi on defense ONCE. Then, Kenobi begins to put Maul on the defense AGAIN and Maul force pushes him in fear of loss. That's what happened. And I like I mentioned earlier, Mauls push was just as a surprise as Kenobis flip. Except Kenobi lived and Maul died.

Outlook of one on one:

- Kenobi comes out and bashes Mauls Lightsaber.
- Kenobi keeps Maul on defense, forcing him back.
- Kenobi slashes Mauls Lightsaber in half and kicks him in the chest, knocking him to the ground.
- Maul gets up, Kenobi does an Ataru flip attack and Maul blocks it. Maul forces Kenobi on the defense for only three seconds and Maul kicks Kenobi.
- Kenobi flips with the kcik and lands on his feet as if he was never kicked.
- Kenobi regains himself and puts Maul on the defensive side yet again. Kenobi bashes his Lightsaber onto Mauls and begins pushing. Maul pushes forward and slips a quick surprise force push.
- Kenobi hangs on as Maul kicks Kenobis Lightsaber into the shaft.
- Maul gets arrogant and begins swiping the mouth of the Shaft with his Lightsaber, taunting Kenobi, thinking Kenobi has lost.
- Kenobi flips over Maul as Maul WATCHES him flip. (Maul was surprised?) and Kenobi regains himself for three quarters of a second and slices Maul, killing him.

^ That's what happened. Don't believe it? Believe it:

If your going to attempt to state objective facts, then dont twist the language to make Kenobi look good.

And I dont really see where your going with this, yes it could be interpreted that Kenobi had the upper hand during their fight in the reactor room...I personally disagree, but its really up to opinion. If your saying that TPM Kenobi is more *powerful* than Maul, I would have to bluntly say your wrong. Maul held his own against both Kenobi and Jinn(a 'legendary' lightsaber duelist) at the same time, you cannot deny that Kenobis victory at the end was mostly luck.

Agent Krueger
Luck Or No Luck. Obi-Wan still won.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by Agent Krueger

I think thats been established.

Lightsnake
Thing is, fights involve a massively important factor: Brains and strategy...Maul came up short in both

Razielim
His strategy for isolating Qui-Gon was pretty good, IMO.

Rampant ox
I think you are wrong about Maul having no strategy. He did manage to isolate the duo with the force fields. And a good strategy takes a large amount of brain power. However he didnt do himself any favors when he started taunting Obi-Wan instead of finishing him.

Antediluvian
If your going to attempt to state objective facts, then dont twist the language to make Kenobi look good.

And I dont really see where your going with this, yes it could be interpreted that Kenobi had the upper hand during their fight in the reactor room...I personally disagree, but its really up to opinion. If your saying that TPM Kenobi is more *powerful* than Maul, I would have to bluntly say your wrong. Maul held his own against both Kenobi and Jinn(a 'legendary' lightsaber duelist) at the same time, you cannot deny that Kenobis victory at the end was mostly luck.

Luck? Him using the force to project himself into the air, grab Jinn's Lightsaber, have Maul watch as he flips over his head and cut him in half LUCK?

It looks like your so-called opinion sucks. Maul was arrogant and underestimated Kenobi's power. Kenobi was extremely powerful for a Padawan and Maul failed to detect this and it resulted in his own death.

Kenobi was smarter and Maul was stupid. That's all there is to it. Sure, Maul may have been more powerful in the force and in Martial Arts but from what I saw, Kenobi held ground when it came to Lightsabers and in the end, Maul got schooled.

Council#13

Was it luck, or was Obi-Wan simply intelligent enough to turn his predicament to his advantage?

BLAK FOX
Luck? Him using the force to project himself into the air, grab Jinn's Lightsaber, have Maul watch as he flips over his head and cut him in half LUCK?

It looks like your so-called opinion sucks. Maul was arrogant and underestimated Kenobi's power. Kenobi was extremely powerful for a Padawan and Maul failed to detect this and it resulted in his own death.

Kenobi was smarter and Maul was stupid. That's all there is to it. Sure, Maul may have been more powerful in the force and in Martial Arts but from what I saw, Kenobi held ground when it came to Lightsabers and in the end, Maul got schooled.

I agree that Obi-Wan was cunning to do what he did and it was very impressive and I also agree that Maul was foolish to not have killed him, but Maul definitely displayed more skill with a saber, and was able to outclass both Jinn and Obi-Wan in my opinion.

Council#13
Woopsies looks like I didnt read what everyone said

Great Vengeance

I call it Kenobis luck that Maul didnt finish him off when he had the chance, you call it Maul just being a dumbass. Either way, theres no reason to think Kenobi is more powerful or that he would be able to win in a fair one on one duel.

Lightsnake
Sidious himself said: Maul got stupid , he was arrogant. He died as a result

Antediluvian
I call it Kenobis luck that Maul didnt finish him off when he had the chance, you call it Maul just being a dumbass. Either way, theres no reason to think Kenobi is more powerful or that he would be able to win in a fair one on one duel.

Why? He overpowered Maul twice, put him on his ass and sliced his Lightsaber in half. Maul? He was on par with Kenobi during that one part before he was forced into defense and he unsuccessfully kicked Kenobi and then he surprised pushed Kenobi into the generator.

So, Kenobi came back and surprised him back!

Kenobi had displayed having better Lightsaber dueling skills during his one on one. The movie displays that to obvious points.

BLAK FOX
You're acting as if Maul force pushing Obi-Wan was as lucky as Obi-Wan flipping behind Maul and slashing him. Maul actually had to outduel Obi-Wan and force him into a vulnerable position to be able to force push him. His force push was not a surprise attack. It was something that Kenobi was simply unable to prevent and is testament to both Maul's saber skills and force control. Obi-Wan's attack actually WAS a surprise attack. If Maul did not get caught up in the moment, he would have sensed Obi-Wan and would have been able to prevent it. He could have easily killed him while Obi-Wan was hanging on defenceless but was foolish and chose to taunt him instead. Obi-Wan got lucky and everyone can see that.

Antediluvian
You're acting as if Maul force pushing Obi-Wan was as lucky as Obi-Wan flipping behind Maul and slashing him. Maul actually had to outduel Obi-Wan and force him into a vulnerable position to be able to force push him. His force push was not a surprise attack. It was something that Kenobi was simply unable to prevent and is testament to both Maul's saber skills and force control. Obi-Wan's attack actually WAS a surprise attack. If Maul did not get caught up in the moment, he would have sensed Obi-Wan and would have been able to prevent it. He could have easily killed him while Obi-Wan was hanging on defenceless but was foolish and chose to taunt him instead. Obi-Wan got lucky and everyone can see that.

His force push was a surprise! He pushed Kenobi away and quickly lifted his hand up for a surprise push. Kenobi didn't know he was going to push, so it was a surprise.

By your Logic, Kenobi got an opening on him when he pushed him over and slashed his Lightsaber.

Kenobi: 2
Maul: 1

Maul was barely hanging at that point. Kenobi had thrown him into defense a second time and Maul merely pushed his attack off and force pushed him. He force pushed him because he was being outdueled, Blak Fox. That's a given.

By the way, Maul watched as Kenobi flipped over him with the Lightsaber and there was a three in a quarters of a second period were Kenobi adjusted himself before he slashed Maul.

Kenobi had less time to react to Mauls surprise push than Maul did with Kenobis flip.

Maul was being OUTDUELED UTTERLY by Obi Wan so he stopped the duel by force pushing him.

It's that simple, really.

DarthMaul9123
watch the movie, that is pretty much obviouse by the way maul wasn't falling headfirst and could still see the lower half of his body by looking up

BLAK FOX
Originally posted by Soren the Mage
His force push was a surprise! He pushed Kenobi away and quickly lifted his hand up for a surprise push. Kenobi didn't know he was going to push, so it was a surprise.

By your Logic, Kenobi got an opening on him when he pushed him over and slashed his Lightsaber.

Kenobi: 2
Maul: 1

Maul was barely hanging at that point. Kenobi had thrown him into defense a second time and Maul merely pushed his attack off and force pushed him. He force pushed him because he was being outdueled, Blak Fox. That's a given.

By the way, Maul watched as Kenobi flipped over him with the Lightsaber and there was a three in a quarters of a second period were Kenobi adjusted himself before he slashed Maul.

Kenobi had less time to react to Mauls surprise push than Maul did with Kenobis flip.

Maul was being OUTDUELED UTTERLY by Obi Wan so he stopped the duel by force pushing him.

It's that simple, really.

Well we're just going to have to agree to disagree. BTW I'm sorry about insulting you earlier dude. I just sometimes get hyped up when debating this particular fight so don't take it personally.

Deception
Well to be fair Obi Wan was tapping into the Dark Side of the Force, fueled by his anger and rage.

Consider that TPM Obi Wan did not change to Soresu, rather he was following Quin Gon.

Also consider that Maul completely outdueled Quin Gon and kill him, unless your saying TPM Obi Wan > TPM Quin Gon, its fair to say Obi Wan was at the time inferior to Maul.

DarthMaul9123
this is more of an opinion thing, but i think that maul was toying with him, he did stuff like that when he didn't feel satisfied with a battle, and there are cases such as anoon bondara (bandara) where he refretted toying with them, but this time he didn't live to regret it

Soren the Mage
Well we're just going to have to agree to disagree. BTW I'm sorry about insulting you earlier dude. I just sometimes get hyped up when debating this particular fight so don't take it personally.

It's all good.

Soren the Mage
Originally posted by Deception
Well to be fair Obi Wan was tapping into the Dark Side of the Force, fueled by his anger and rage.

Consider that TPM Obi Wan did not change to Soresu, rather he was following Quin Gon.

Also consider that Maul completely outdueled Quin Gon and kill him, unless your saying TPM Obi Wan > TPM Quin Gon, its fair to say Obi Wan was at the time inferior to Maul.

Since you're using ABC Arguments, by your Logic:

Dooku > Kenobi

Kenobi > Anakin

So . . .

Dooku > Anakin

^ Didn't happen that way, now did it?

ABC Arguments are invalid, dude. Just because Kenobi was able to overpower Maul doesn't mean he could defeat Jinn.

Different styles, different fighters.

BLAK FOX
Originally posted by Soren the Mage
Since you're using ABC Arguments, by your Logic:

Dooku > Kenobi

Kenobi > Anakin

So . . .

Dooku > Anakin

^ Didn't happen that way, now did it?

ABC Arguments are invalid, dude. Just because Kenobi was able to overpower Maul doesn't mean he could defeat Jinn.

Different styles, different fighters.

I think that ABC arguments are actually valid only as long as the fight is completely fair, the only variable affecting the outcome of the fight is the skill of the combatant, and none of the combatants have a particular weakness to another.

Soren the Mage
I think that ABC arguments are actually valid only as long as the fight is completely fair, the only variable affecting the outcome of the fight is the skill of the combatant, and none of the combatants have a particular weakness to another.

That's a ridiculous statement.

ABC Arguments are 100% invalid.

So . . . If a Youngling defeats Darth Vader and earlier, Kit Fisto defeated that Youngling . . .

That means (According to your Logic, of course) that Kit Fisto wipes the floor with Vader.

Wrong.

The ABC Theory was put to shit when Kenobi defeated Anakin. It's incorrect. Different people . . . Different styles.

jollyjim311
Well, Maul had just had a long duel with no breaks who is tired out from Qui Gon and Obi Wan was powered by the dark side and just got a break to focus and breathe. Even at this point Maul got him into a position that was vulnerable and force pushed him down a shaft. Maul made a stupid mistake and was toying with him, and didn't live to regret it. Maul is better than TPM Obi Wan, this shouldn't be up for debate.

In a saber fight against Dooku, Maul would put up a hell of a fight. Maul tired out Qui Gon after like, a minute of fighting. Dooku has less stamina than Qui Gon, and Maul would wear him down. A saber fight would be close.

darthsith19
Lol, Sorgo got banned again? What'd he do this time?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.