My rant on many of the animated movies nowadays

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
I posted this in another thread which is now closed, so now I am going to share my opinion with the avid posters of this section.

I am so ****ing fed up with Disney, Pixar and Dreamworks (and whoever else may make these films) for creating carbon copies of the same film with different titles and calling them new films. It pisses me off. And I know what some of you might be thinking; "If you don't like it, don't watch it." And most of the time I don't watch it, yet it still irritates me. Whatever happened to the good old days when Disney would make quality animated films, as opposed to the garbage that gets produced today? The most recent film that would fit into the horrible genre I am describing (Over the Hedge) is going to suck. The next movie they make with the exact same premise will suck and so will the one that follows. I urge anyone who is even remotely interested in seeing this film to reconsider and save some money. Also, don't be suckered into liking similar films that are exactly the same. That said, IF, for some reason, you do like these kind of films, you are most definitely entitled to your own opinion, I'm just sharing mine. Thanks for reading!

office jesus
Lmfao. I agree man. They're just recycling the same shit over and over again.

InnerRise
"The Incredibles" was not recycled and was a great, one of a kind movie.

Happens to by my favorite movie out of all movies actually.

is it comprehensible.....

SnakeEyes
I have to admit, I DID like that movie... but what I am saying is that the majority/larger percentage of animated movies such as the ones I was describing are horrible and they keep getting made, constantly.

InnerRise
I do see what you're saying with the constant making of CG movies with animals though.

But they can still be enjoyable.

is it comprehensible.....

thegreatrudini
passes a hanky

SaTsuJiN
What I would personally like, would be if disney or whoever else made a seperate branch that only created more mature-themed animation / CGI... seeing happy stuff is ok.. but its a waste of talent not to try a myriad of different things, but instead to resort to doing one kiddie animation after another.. just my take on things though

FG725
I dont watch that much Disney anymore but the movies Madagascar, The wild, Finding nemo and Over the hedge all looked very similair though I only saw FN and Madagascar

Solo
Toy ****in Story kicks so much ass.

SnakeEyes
Yeah... Toy Story also came out before the flood of shit that is commonly known as today's animated films.

office jesus
Toy Story was the pioneer for GOOD CG films. And I'm sorry, but most of these so called...'films' DO recycle some of the same shit over and over again.

Dusty
I'm beginning to miss the original hand drawn Disney movies.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Yeah... Toy Story also came out before the flood of shit that is commonly known as today's animated films.

...why do i feel that contradicts your point? am i the only person that was bored by Toy Story, even as a kid?? oh well, i've always been more of a 2-D animation person

Silverstein
how come there are so many animated movies with animals anyways?

Mišt
Robots was cool, one of my favourites. Madagascar and Over The Hedge dont interest me enough to see them. Finding Nemo was...meh...alright..

cking
I never realized that some CG movies repeat themselves. I remember when toy story came out back in 1995 it was a much bigger deal than the CG movies of today. I mean the graphics is really not much older than the graphics of today and it came out during a time when the Internet was in it's infancy. that has to be pretty good for a CG movie as old as it is and that toy story came out when CG graphics were either never heard of or never used.

I don't like the Disney CG movies of today because like everyone else says they are the same just with a different title. Disney needs to do something different because it seems their CG movies are getting worse every year because they are running out of ideas with CG movies.

Blaxican Hydra
They shoulda stayed with Pixar. And I agree that I liekd their hand drawn movies. It felt more disney/magical/original"ness.

cking
true, they need to go back to those days.

Kayne Archeron
i actually enjoyed Over the Hedge for the most part... i guess there's just those few exceptions to the rule every now and then

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.