Super Smash Bros Brawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ritoshi
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/ THE HELL IS SNAKE DOING IN IT!!!!!!

Video: http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_1502430.html

crazy_shadow
f'in sweet....too bad im not getting the wii though stick out tongue ....i'll just play it at my friends house

DarkC
Ooh, blue booty.

LanceWindu
But Snake...wtf?

I thought SSB was just characters from 1st party Nintendo games.

JKozzy
I guess Twin Snakes was good enough to get him in the list.... disappointed that Isaac and Garret from the Golden Sun games didn't make the cut, or at least weren't announced, yet.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by JKozzy
I guess Twin Snakes was good enough to get him in the list.... disappointed that Isaac and Garret from the Golden Sun games didn't make the cut, or at least weren't announced, yet. There over 50 characters..they just need to say more down the line.

JKozzy
How many were in Melee, though? 50 - melee characters - the four new announced ones = characters left unannounced... anybody know offhand the melee #?

DarkC
Originally posted by LanceWindu
But Snake...wtf?

I thought SSB was just characters from 1st party Nintendo games.
*adopts fanboyish voice*

z0mg! They put Snake and not Chief in there?! What sorta bullshit is this?!

AstroFan
Wonder if this reason to expect a MGS game for Wii.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by DarkC
*adopts fanboyish voice*

z0mg! They put Snake and not Chief in there?! What sorta bullshit is this?! Well lol 1. they didn't finish saying the over 50 people list and 2 is that Chif was never on the GC and Twin Snakes MGS was not to mention the gameboy and nes ones...but Sonic is highly possible and eek!

Tallis
Originally posted by JKozzy
How many were in Melee, though? 50 - melee characters - the four new announced ones = characters left unannounced... anybody know offhand the melee #?

I think it was either 25 or 26 depending if you count Shiek and zelda as two different characters

Ritoshi
http://revolution.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

Thunder Fox
Originally posted by AstroFan
Wonder if this reason to expect a MGS game for Wii. mabe but having snake in would be kindas cool different but kinda cool

DarkC
Sonic would be cool.

JKozzy
Originally posted by Tallis
I think it was either 25 or 26 depending if you count Shiek and zelda as two different characters Since they took up one space I'd think one... so double the characters, sweet.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Ritoshi
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/05/10/super-smash-bros-brawl-revealed-for-wii-featuring-solid-snake/ THE HELL IS SNAKE DOING IN IT!!!!!!
It's to strike back at Sony for making Wii Lite controllers .

Stupid, though, but bound to appeal to MGS fanboys.

Ritoshi
http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/748/748545/vid_1502430.html < THE CLIP!!!!!!!!!!

Tallis
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thunder Fox
hmmmi hope they have issac from golden sun in SSBB

BackFire
I think it's awesome that Snake is in it.

Thunder Fox
hmmm i would love to kick kirbys ass with snake

AstroFan
Id love to kick Snake's ass with Kirby. laughing out loud

DarkC
Originally posted by AstroFan
Id love to kick Snake's ass with Kirby. laughing out loud
Beat by a fuzzy, bulgy, pink blob thingy with the cutest eyes you'll ever find? laughing

What a mental image! Why, I'd be surprised if Snake didn't shoot himself because of that.

AstroFan
Why you think he hides in the box? laughing out loud

S.S
Looks like they added special finishers or something.......

IcePunk
This is gonna be friggin' great now that 26 characters just became 50 with Snake among em too, hmm I wonder if you can change camo on him. And.....Zero suit Sam droolio

Ritoshi
Yeah I had a gamegasm....omg!! WII Super Smash Bros with Snake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 360 with Gears of War,Blue dragon and Halo 3, Ps3 with MGS4.....OMG!!!!!

*Makes paint Sig of Snake*

HigH ScholaR
This game is going to be the gem of wii right now
ONLINE TOO

Ritoshi
Of course it is..It's my fav fighting series!!!

H. S. 6
This... is going to be great. droolio

Quincy Archer
I wet myself Immediately after watching it.

And I am giddy.

But it'll feel like FOREVER until we find out more about the playable characters.

MadMel
(typing from the school laughing out loud )
I AM SO GETTING THIS...woohoo snake..another person to beat up with kirby..or marth..

SaTsuJiN
ack.. sorry lana embarrasment skimmed through the search list and just saw those old smash threads >_<...

twilight princess link just looks awesome.. I hope more screens of samus in her actual armor rise up

http://the-magicbox.com/0605/game060510f.shtml

here are the screenies I posted in my dupe thread >_>

The Fake Macoy
This game looks great. I can't wait for it to come out. I wonder how we can use the cardboard box to fight people.

SaTsuJiN
it would be interesting if it works like cloaking.. or maybe its a boom move like jigglies sleep

InnerRise
Although I'm looking forward to this game and I'm gonna get it. I'm not as excited as I could be b/c I have no one to play with anymore.

My sister has grown out of video games all together and my cousins dont' come to visit so It'll just be me and the computer.

cry

Nostalgia. I want to go back.

is it comprehensible.....

Arahan
Originally posted by InnerRise
Although I'm looking forward to this game and I'm gonna get it. I'm not as excited as I could be b/c I have no one to play with anymore.

My sister has grown out of video games all together and my cousins dont' come to visit so It'll just be me and the computer.

cry

Nostalgia. I want to go back.

ehm you know that SSMB will have an onlne mode.
So finding someone to kick butt shouldnt be a big problem.

IcePunk
I hope they're not going to remove any characters sad I love my Sheik and Ganondorf

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by IcePunk
I hope they're not going to remove any characters sad I love my Sheik and Ganondorf

gasp!.. sheik is my (samus') arch-nemesis... at least cuz my friend likes her evil face

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
gasp!.. sheik is my (samus') arch-nemesis... at least cuz my friend likes her evil face (agrees!!)

ESB - 1138
Why Snake? Why?

InnerRise
Originally posted by Arahan
ehm you know that SSMB will have an onlne mode.
So finding someone to kick butt shouldnt be a big problem. Yeah I know but our area doesn't offer DSL so I'm not able to participate in online gaming.

I'm a foreigner to it all. I've never done it a day in my life.

is it comprehensible.....Originally posted by IcePunk
Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Sheik/Zelda better still be in there. They most likely will though since it says they'll just be adding more characters in and not taking them away.

MORE POKEMON!!!

Pikachu and Pichu and Jigglypuff and Mewtwo are getting lonely.

Tekno Boy
I like the idea of Snake being in it. Yeah, I know he's not exactly a "Nintendo" character, but it's got me excited and no one is gonna tell me otherwise. And anyway they've already used a proximity mine from James Bond and that's not strictly Nintendo. What do you think Snake's arena is gonna be?

I say keep all the characters from the last game and just keep adding new ones.

Why Wii? What's wrong with Revolution?

1021kid
dude they better ad diddy kong

Ritoshi
Originally posted by 1021kid
dude they better ad diddy kong Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are most likley in it they said.

1021kid
Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong are most likley in it they said. ...........KICK ASS

ESB - 1138
What's making me mad about the game is that it's not going to be a launch title for the Wii. I can't wait till 2007 to play it!!!

MadMel
watch the ign trailer Happy Dance

AstroFan
Dude, I want the Hammer Bros. sad

ESB - 1138
Dude, I want the game. Nintendo took E3 with all the games like

Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Red Steel
Sonic Wild Fire
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Star Fox DS
Yoshi's Island 2

Nintendo's line up was better then Mircosoft's and Sony's combined. Heck if it wasn't for Halo I wouldn't care for Xbox (or 360) and if it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy I would hate Sony's Playstations.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
Dude, I want the game. Nintendo took E3 with all the games like

Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Metroid Prime 3
Red Steel
Sonic Wild Fire
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Star Fox DS
Yoshi's Island 2

Nintendo's line up was better then Mircosoft's and Sony's combined. Heck if it wasn't for Halo I wouldn't care for Xbox (or 360) and if it wasn't for Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy I would hate Sony's Playstations.

What about Gears of War, Crackdown, Too Human, and Prey coming out for the 360?

Ritoshi
And fable 2 and Blue Dragon, Ninja Gaiden 2!!

ESB - 1138
None of those games were mouth watering like Halo or Final Fantasy.

H. S. 6
Have you even seen the trailer for Prey? Gears of War? Fable 2?

I'm doubting it. If you're a fan of Halo, you'll love them.

ESB - 1138
No don't even give me that. There have been games with awesome trailers and great graphics but the game itself sucked! Look at Sonic Heroes. The trailer was awesome and I wanted to play but when I did I almost cried on how terrible the game was and I am the HUGE Sonic fan. I do not judge games based on the trailers but on the information I have gathered about the game. Fable 1's gameplay was shorter then the credits. That's telling you a lot. Prey and Gears of War are new games that haven't been released and so no comment can be made on whether or not the game would be good or not. Currently the only games that have given me any interest where mostly Wii games for the motion sensors, Final Fantasy XIII, and Star Fox DS for I am a Star Fox fan but the lass Star Fox game (armada) sucked!

H. S. 6
No don't even give me that. There have been games with awesome trailers and great graphics but the game itself sucked! Look at Sonic Heroes. The trailer was awesome and I wanted to play but when I did I almost cried on how terrible the game was and I am the HUGE Sonic fan. I do not judge games based on the trailers but on the information I have gathered about the game. Fable 1's gameplay was shorter then the credits. That's telling you a lot. Prey and Gears of War are new games that haven't been released and so no comment can be made on whether or not the game would be good or not. Currently the only games that have given me any interest where mostly Wii games for the motion sensors, Final Fantasy XIII, and Star Fox DS for I am a Star Fox fan but the lass Star Fox game (armada) sucked!

Relax.

I was responding to your "Nintendo took E3 with all these games" comment. They weren't the only ones there. wink

AstroFan
I dont think Nintendo won on games alone, but they definatly won for overall show. yes

Ritoshi
No don't even give me that. There have been games with awesome trailers and great graphics but the game itself sucked! Look at Sonic Heroes. The trailer was awesome and I wanted to play but when I did I almost cried on how terrible the game was and I am the HUGE Sonic fan. I do not judge games based on the trailers but on the information I have gathered about the game. Fable 1's gameplay was shorter then the credits. That's telling you a lot. Prey and Gears of War are new games that haven't been released and so no comment can be made on whether or not the game would be good or not. Currently the only games that have given me any interest where mostly Wii games for the motion sensors, Final Fantasy XIII, and Star Fox DS for I am a Star Fox fan but the lass Star Fox game (armada) sucked! You never even played with the control on the games so it's just as bad on judging other stuff. eek!

Ritoshi
None of those games were mouth watering like Halo or Final Fantasy. The man just stood there.....how can you drool over the chief standing there..and FF was a trailer only right ? did they show game play ? they showed Gameplay for gears of war eek!

H. S. 6
Tails has been confirmed to be a playable character, along with Sonic.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Tails has been confirmed to be a playable character, along with Sonic. bull shit..WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InnerRise
for super smash brother's Brawl?

H. S. 6
bull shit..WHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm kidding.

Ritoshi
I'm kidding. bastard eek!

H. S. 6
Oh, and I forgot to mention Master Chief. He's in there too.

Ritoshi
Oh, and I forgot to mention Master Chief. He's in there too. Yeah..well the only reason Sonic could be in it and Snake is in it is because they been on the cube already and worked wwith nintendo for sometime now.

AstroFan
Sonics ball attack could be cool, and his shields from the Genesis games could be added to the weapons. stick out tongue

Jedi Shmedi
This and Red Steel are the reasons why I'm getting a Wii at launch, god I can't wait big grin

I just hope Fox is still in the game, he was my best fighter SSBM.

On a side note, I'm glad to see that the name- Wii- is finally starting to catch on and people are taking it seriously. I was surprised, while watching G4's live E3 coverage, that they didn't crack a single joke about it. Yay Nintendo.

Ritoshi
Are you crazy they made fun of the name 10 times even in the interveiw to the guy and asked why the **** he change it to Wii lol but yeah they like the wii on what it does not the name.

General Kaliero
Actually, no one with a mature mind really has a problem with the Wii's name, now.

And, Jedi Shmedi, the twenty-five characters in Melee make up half of Brawl's roster, so Fox will be back. I just hope they give his gun its stopping power back. Only doing damage with no physical effect sucks.

Brawl isn't enough to make me buy a Wii at launch (especially considering that Brawl won't be out for at least a few months after, in '07) but if Red Steel indeed makes launch, that might do it. Jury's still out on the Wii version of Zelda, though, I'd like to feel its controls myself before deciding.

Ritoshi
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Actually, no one with a mature mind really has a problem with the Wii's name, now.

And, Jedi Shmedi, the twenty-five characters in Melee make up half of Brawl's roster, so Fox will be back. I just hope they give his gun its stopping power back. Only doing damage with no physical effect sucks.

Brawl isn't enough to make me buy a Wii at launch (especially considering that Brawl won't be out for at least a few months after, in '07) but if Red Steel indeed makes launch, that might do it. Jury's still out on the Wii version of Zelda, though, I'd like to feel its controls myself before deciding. It sounds like crap...WII, I mean without puns it just doesn't sound like anything...Revolution had a powerful name.

Oh and Fox's gun is fine because you could shoot 50 damage real quick while they run too you.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Jedi Shmedi
This and Red Steel are the reasons why I'm getting a Wii at launch, god I can't wait big grin

I just hope Fox is still in the game, he was my best fighter SSBM.

On a side note, I'm glad to see that the name- Wii- is finally starting to catch on and people are taking it seriously. I was surprised, while watching G4's live E3 coverage, that they didn't crack a single joke about it. Yay Nintendo.

Yeah shame Super Smash Bros Brawl isn't a launch title. Coming out in 2007 which made me mad. But still they'll have Super Mario Galaxy and the Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess.

General Kaliero
It sounds like crap...WII, I mean without puns it just doesn't sound like anything...Revolution had a powerful name.

Oh and Fox's gun is fine because you could shoot 50 damage real quick while they run too you.

Well, I like the way one of my friends put it:

Some people think it's a stupid name. Well, yah it is. But just say it a few times. Wii. Wii. Whee! You automatically go into a higher register when you say it. It's not manly...but if you're in a bad mood it's like:

PERSON: "I can't believe my girlfriend left me because I lost my job...I just want to go home and play my...Whee!"

You just can't be in a bad mood while saying it. Try it. Try saying wii in the most monotone, forlorne voice you can manage. See? It's still whee!
Revolution takes too long to say and you inevitably end up saying it in a russian accent, thus leading people to believe you're a communist. Comrade Mario wants you to stand up and join his Revolution. That's not what you want in a game system. Trust me, Wii is golden.

And as for Fox, I'd rather pound 50 damage into my opponent while nailing them the the spot.

AstroFan
All the impressions Ive read for Red Steel havent been good.

Blair Wind
I saw the trailer the other day....It so freakin awesome. I love this series, playin in between my classes and free periods makes my day. Has the price for wii been confirmed yet?

---having sonic in it would be soooo sweet.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I saw the trailer the other day....It so freakin awesome. I love this series, playin in between my classes and free periods makes my day. Has the price for wii been confirmed yet?

---having sonic in it would be soooo sweet. You spelled Halle Berry's name wrong in your profile.

Well, I like the way one of my friends put it:

Some people think it's a stupid name. Well, yah it is. But just say it a few times. Wii. Wii. Whee! You automatically go into a higher register when you say it. It's not manly...but if you're in a bad mood it's like:

PERSON: "I can't believe my girlfriend left me because I lost my job...I just want to go home and play my...Whee!"

You just can't be in a bad mood while saying it. Try it. Try saying wii in the most monotone, forlorne voice you can manage. See? It's still whee!
Revolution takes too long to say and you inevitably end up saying it in a russian accent, thus leading people to believe you're a communist. Comrade Mario wants you to stand up and join his Revolution. That's not what you want in a game system. Trust me, Wii is golden.

And as for Fox, I'd rather pound 50 damage into my opponent while nailing them the the spot.
I actually attemtped to say it repeatedly in a monotone voice and I immediately realized what I was saying and at that moment stopped before anybody else heard me.

confused

MadMel
what i want is the intro scenes from the original eg. when mario comes out of a warp pipe, or DK from a barrel, etc..i missed those..

InnerRise
"You miss" or "You missed"?

ESB - 1138
Super Smash Bros Brawl will be online so that means as soon as it comes out any other game I'm playing will go unloved. Man I can't wait for it to come out!!

MadMel
i 'missed' those because ve got SSB again (dont ask how, its illegal to discuss it)

Red Superfly
I'm not surprised Snake is in it.

After all, his first incarnations were with Nintendo/MSX's machines, not Sony's.

SaTsuJiN
I'm not too keen on playing samus in her zero suit form... the sword is gonna change her a bit too much... guess I'll be attempting Twighlight Link this time, unless samus exists in her chozo suit

IcePunk
Maybe she's gonna be like Zelda, be able to "change character" in the middle of a fight.

Scorpion_Master
noo hope they have two Samus, the original and Zero suit.. they have friging two Link ffs

InnerRise
All this excitement about Super Smash Brother's Brawl got me to play Super Smash Brother's Melee today for the first time in a long time......STILL GOOD.

So will the new Link take the place of the old Link or will that be included making 3 Links now. Cause that would be TOO much.

Blair Wind
may I ask a question thats been burning in my head for the longest time now? why do you always put is it comprehensible at the end of all your posts????

And for the record I do hope they make Samus like Zelda/Shiek you get more versitility that way and can add more characters to the possible 50.

InnerRise
Believe me when I tell you...........You don't want to know.

Blair Wind
now its gonna annoy me forever sad

I can handle the truth shifty

SaTsuJiN
I played melee with my nephews.. they still suck.. /sigh.. (they're like 14 and 15)

MadMel
im like 14 and 15 laughing out loud...wait only 14.nearly 15..
4 words...this..is..gonna..rock rock

Scorpion_Master
LOL yeah

MadMel
yes rock Happy Dance

General Kaliero
Well to answer those questions, Nintendo said that the 25 characters from Melee would be coming back, as well as the five newcomers shown in the trailer, as well as 20 other newcomers that havent been revealed/haven't been picked. So Link is Link, despite the graphical upgrade from OoT to TP. He might have a few different moves, but he should play essentially the same.

Samus in her Power Suit will remain as well. I dunno if Zero Suit Samus will be an alternate form, but I doubt it. That would drop the use of Morph Ball Bombs, which are part of who Samus is.

Pit looks like the most versatile new fighter so far, to me. He's got the bow for long range, as well as the double swords for close-up melee. I bet he'll even fly, similar to Kirby and Jigglypuff's multiple jump technique.

Alpha Centauri
I still get frustrated when my friend calls it "Super Smash Brothers Meal-ee."

Really makes me wanna smash his head in.

Either way, can't wait for this.

-AC

Ritoshi
I get annoyed when people call it Me < > lee

Kaithen
cooooooool...

IcePunk
I'm used to saying me-lee so I say it aaaaaaallllllll the time stick out tongue

Rumor: one or some of the other bounty hunters from MP: hunters may be included in those 50 big grin

InnerRise
I say Me-Lee also.

I like the sound of it.

Plus I have a younger cousin who said it correctly but the way he said turned me off of that pronunciation very much so, so I stuck with my way. My sister says Melee also.
He just messed up the correct pronunciation for me with the way he would say it if that makes any sense.

General Kaliero
For anyone who doesn't know, the correct pronunciation is "MAY-lay." It's French, if that explains anything.

Another Hunter or two? I dunno. The controls would probably be a bit too similar to Samus herself. I'd kill for the ability to play as Ridley, though.

MadMel
im gonna gues for meta knight and pit..
pit is a cross between link and kirby flight coupled with a bow and swords
meta knight-a cross between kirby and marth. flight coupled with quick sword fighting. these are only guesses mind..

IcePunk
Another Hunter or two? I dunno. The controls would probably be a bit too similar to Samus herself. I'd kill for the ability to play as Ridley, though. OMG O_O that would be so cool

1021kid
hey do you think they will add toad

MadMel
ridley..yea that'd be cool..toad...hmm maybe..he already had a cameo in SSBM as peach's sheild..poor bugger laughing out loud

IcePunk
laughing

DarkC
Originally posted by IcePunk
OMG O_O that would be so cool
And rather rigged.

Scorpion_Master
Maybe you can be Kraid XD

Ritoshi
All possible characters http://www.smashbrothersonline.com/CharacterPages/characterselect.html

MadMel
too many mario's *shudders*

General Kaliero
I feel I should point out that the link Ritoshi provided is NOT an official list. That website is NOT official (notice the "NOT"wink and is instead only a fansite. The list provided is only a list of those that the members of the site would like to have in Brawl.

That said, there ARE some good choices on the list, and if Nintendo makes an American version of the character voting page, you may want to give that list another look for ideas.

Ritoshi
No shit...I said possible....there all nintendo characters....*sigh* where you think there getting people from huh ?

General Kaliero
And why do you think that only Nintendo characters are "possible" choices, when Snake is already in, and Miyamoto said that Nintendo is negotiating with other companies for characters?

Also, you weren't exactly clear in your description of the link, so I just wanted to make sure no one misunderstood the meaning of the link. I'm just looking out for everyone here, is that a problem?

Ritoshi
And why do you think that only Nintendo characters are "possible" choices, when Snake is already in, and Miyamoto said that Nintendo is negotiating with other companies for characters?

Also, you weren't exactly clear in your description of the link, so I just wanted to make sure no one misunderstood the meaning of the link. I'm just looking out for everyone here, is that a problem? Sigh it will be mostly nintendo, it is simply a list of possible characters I said...and super smash bros 1 and to were suppose to be only nintendo characters which they were, that was the whole Idea.

Blair Wind
played melee today...I still rock as Link big grin

cant wait for this game...is there a month listed yet?

MadMel
No shit...I said possible....there all nintendo characters....*sigh* where you think there getting people from huh ?
still too many marios...just keep regular, fire, doc, and star mario, and all will be good..oh and the cap options like flying and metal...

MadMel
sorry for double post...heres who id like from the list..
wolf, leon
skull kid maybe..
waluigi, toad, koopa, bowser jr..king boo
baby mario/luigi, shy guy
diddie kong, dixie, k. Rool
ridley
cpt. olimar
meowth
1-2 of any of the f-zero people..
question...what do u think the uber moves of the other characters may be?

theobvious
I wouldn't mind Sonic. He's the perfect third party character. But the F.L.U.D.D. and Vaccum idea are smart as items. Take out Pichu, and bring in the Mario Party crew. Dark Samus should be a costume choice. I'd rather all the different versions to be costumes. Except for Young Link b/c he's not the exact same person.

Alpha Centauri
For anyone who doesn't know, the correct pronunciation is "MAY-lay." It's French, if that explains anything.

Another Hunter or two? I dunno. The controls would probably be a bit too similar to Samus herself. I'd kill for the ability to play as Ridley, though.

Technically it's "Meh-lay." Just adding that up there.

Wait, Solid Snake is in it?

-AC

MadMel
yes...

Blair Wind
you know who I would want in there? anyone remember the SNES game Sparkster? That guy would be a cool.

Black Rob
This game looks like it's going to kick ass! People i wish was in the game...

Sonic
Tails(not because i like him,just you need to have the sidekick too)
Megaman
Zero
Rayman
Vectorman
Ryu
Crash Bandicoot(he used to be a legend back in the day)
Cloud Strife(got to have someone from FF)
Sephiroth
Bomberman
Arthur(Ghost's and Goblins)

MadMel
Originally posted by Blair Wind
you know who I would want in there? anyone remember the SNES game Sparkster? That guy would be a cool.
completely different generation...never heard of it...

SaTsuJiN
I would honestly only want more epic stages, that interact with the player more often... most of melee's stages were good but I think they coulda amped them up to make it more frantic to battle on

IcePunk
Yeah, like the small tornadoes on the Hyrule stage in SSB (that stage rocked BTW)

Black Rob
Originally posted by MadMel
completely different generation...never heard of it... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sparkster

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I would honestly only want more epic stages, that interact with the player more often... most of melee's stages were good but I think they coulda amped them up to make it more frantic to battle on

yeah i wish they brought back Samus' level from the first game. That was the best stage ever!

InnerRise
My 2 most favorite levels on Super Smash Brother's Melee are Hyrule Temple and Fox's Ship.

Black Rob
Originally posted by Black Rob
This game looks like it's going to kick ass! People i wish was in the game...

Sonic
Tails(not because i like him,just you need to have the sidekick too)
Megaman
Zero
Rayman
Vectorman
Ryu
Crash Bandicoot(he used to be a legend back in the day)
Cloud Strife(got to have someone from FF)
Sephiroth
Bomberman
Arthur(Ghost's and Goblins)
more people i want in the game

Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
Paper Mario

theobvious
Megaman and Zero are actually good ideas, but Crash. Crash is a Naughty Dog character and ND is a Sony Subsidiary. And my favorite stage was Big Blue, I used to lure my sister onto one of the F-Zero machines, then grab her and throw her off the back. And just in case none of you knew, to use the Wii you need *takes breath* FRIEND CODES. Read the Interview at Ign.

General Kaliero
I know someone who spent about an hour spamming the Japanese Character suggestion page under a bunch of different names asking for the Fire Emblem lords, Ridley, and Simon Belmont

I put in a suggestion for ol' Simon myself, because it'd be kickass to play as him. Whippy attacks...

As for the friend codes, so what? That just makes sure you battle with people you know you WANT to battle with. A simple email or IM gives all the necessary info, simple as that. I think it's a good idea, actually.

theobvious
well I don't like them I'd rather an Xbox live setup and play random people, but then again the IGN interview did say that they might make an Xbox live like setup which would be updated automatically through the Wii Connect thing. So all hope isn't lost.

Black Rob
Originally posted by theobvious
Crash is a Naughty Dog character and ND is a Sony Subsidiary. Crash is owned by Vivendi actually,which publishes games on Nintendo all the time so it's totally plausible now. I know it would never happen though because Vivendi completely destroyed the series with their crappy games.

Black Rob
Rygar and Prince would be good additions too

MadMel
crash 5 wasnt made by naughty dog...and yes zero and megaman are a good idea...and i agree with innerise..those two levels are my favourite in SSBM as well as the big blue and the rainbow cruise levels...my favs from the first game are all of them, but hyrule castle at the top...

InnerRise
Originally posted by theobvious
Megaman and Zero are actually good ideas, but Crash. Crash is a Naughty Dog character and ND is a Sony Subsidiary. And my favorite stage was Big Blue, I used to lure my sister onto one of the F-Zero machines, then grab her and throw her off the back. And just in case none of you knew, to use the Wii you need *takes breath* FRIEND CODES. Read the Interview at Ign. Do you mean to play Super Smash Brother's Brawl Online you need the codes?

I don't think you'd need codes just to play the Wii itself.

General Kaliero
The Wii will utilize the WiFi Connection base that's in use for the DS, which means that if the makers of the game decide to utilize it (like in Animal Crossing Wild World) you will need to trade Friend Codes with a fellow player before being able to play them online.

InnerRise
Well I don't know how I feel about that.

General Kaliero
Essentially, what happens with the Friend Codes is you can't just toss yourself out into the web and yell "SOMEBODY FIGHT ME!" But what you CAN do is AIM a friend who also has Brawl, exchange Codes, and then Brawl eachother to your hearts' content.

I don't see what the problem is. I'd rather play with a bunch of friends instead of a bunch of strangers.

SaTsuJiN
I'd rather play with a bunch of friends instead of a bunch of strangers. indeed yes

Red Superfly
I like the friends idea.

I'm so sick of "random online games".

IcePunk
Yeah, they tend to get boring after a while erm

theobvious
well when you put it that way it doesn't sound so bad.

Black Rob
Originally posted by Red Superfly
I like the friends idea.

I'm so sick of "random online games". yeah,a lot of people think you will have all this "challenge" online,but most people are just punks who'll log off before they get knocked off the stage

MadMel
i h8 those bloody cowards...espeacially in games like diablo, who try to TK you, then when u get the better of them, they run away log off..

InnerRise
Well since I've never did online before b/c of DSL not being available in my area.

I would rather it be you can fight anybody. Because nobody I know will be getting this game and having to find somebody and exchange codes online is just another hurtle to get over.

I want to be able to jump in a battle from the get go, not find somebody. Now if I ever get DSL in this area I'm going to have to go searching online on chat rooms and message boards for a friend code so that I can play this game online.

I don't like this at all.

S.S
I hope there's more stages like fox's ship and Zelda's castle imo those are the only real playable stages for non-pro's at the game.

Do you guys play with the items?I hate items when playing with friends we turn it off items are so ****ing cheap.......

MadMel
i like items.. i'll hit anyone with a throwing item form across the stage and pwn 'em...unless i miss...

IcePunk
I hate 'em no expression

Scorpion_Master
Me 2 no expression

IcePunk
no expression

InnerRise
The items make the game all the better.

IcePunk
I dont think so no expression

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>