Black Fleet Crisis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
I just finished reading the first book in this trilogy and it made me mad...needless to say I didn't like it very much. Of course I'll finish the trilogy, but all the business with Luke searching for his mother among the Fallanessi....or something like that.....is absurd...

I was wondering if anyone else had read the series and what they thought about it. Another thing that bugged me was that the "voices" just didn't seem to fit the Star Wars characters....

Julie
I finally finish ended decently, but the whole story line of Luke's search for his mother was absolutely rediculous....No offense to the author or any fans of his, but this series wasn't anywhere near the top of my favorite books list

finti
actually I am unable to get Shield of Lies so I havent ordered it yet, they dont seem to be able to get me a copy of it so I guess it ends my EU reading. Just finished Crystal Star and boy did that one suck.
I`m gonna "strip" the second hand book store tomorrow maybe I`m lucky and find a copy there.

Julie
you do that.....Overall I suppose the trilogy was ok, but I didn't care too much for it. There are much better Star Wars books out there

finti
didnt find any of the black fleet books. sold out from publisher and not planed to be taken in again. well well guess this ends my EU crusade. Cant say I have been impressed with any of the books so far, they are simmilare and boring. They all starts off good but loose their momentum quick.

Julie
eek! You haven't read the "right" EU books then......ummm have you read NJO????? if you don't like those...at least one of them I don't know what to tell you

Captain REX
How about that trilogy where some guy that says he's the emperor's son and searches for the glove of Darth Vader? That was stupid too.

I haven't read very much EU, although I do have the knowledge about them...some of them.

Julie
I'm not exactly sure what your talking about, but I know there is a children's book called the Glove of Darth Vader. I read it a long time ago.

Seriously though, read NJO. Spector of the Past was good, The New Rebellion was ok, and the Tales of the Emipre/ Bounty Hunters/ Jabba's Palace/ Mos Eisley Cantina....were all excellent. Tales from the Empire is great if you don't have a vast attention span when it comes to reading. I highly recommend you read this one.

finti
Cant get a hold on the books in the Black Fleet crises, which actually sucks cause autumn is coming up and that is a time to read sad

finti

yerssot
well, when reading this thread... finti, you took the wrong books! Crystal Star BLEURGH! One of the worse books!

and Rex, the name you're searching is Triclops, if I'm not mistaken

finti
I just trying to follow the timeline of the books Yers and Yes Crystal star was really bad. But then again in my opinion only the Thrawn trilogy had any potential. The rest is kind of the same song over and over agian.
Someone comes up with yet a new doomsday weapon, and Luke has feeble skill as a Jedi.

yerssot
well, finti, that's what you're doing wrong!
don't follow it, 'cause that way you get wrong books following eachother sad
I lost hope in SW EU, till I read Approaching Storm, which was MUCH better then the previous one, and then I started reading NJO, two books far and they're very good (after a minor details)

finti
well they have been right so far.
But before I started to read the eu books Black fleet crisis was the thing I looked forward to read, that and the Thrawn trilogy.

yerssot
how many books to go now?

finti
well I read them all to the Black Fleet Crisis

finti
This is what I read so far:

The truce at Bakura
The Courtship of Princess Leia

THRAWN TRILOGY:
-Heir to the empire
.Dark Force Rising
-The Last Command

I, Jedi

THE JEDI ACADAMY TRILOGY
-Jedi Search
-Dark Apprentice
-Champions of the force

Children of the jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight

The Crystal Star

yerssot
never read the Jedi Acadamy trilogy...

darksabrea and crystal star are two of the worse books imo

finti
rouge planet was aweful

yerssot
you definitly read the wrong books

Julie
If you guys aren't afraid to read children's books you should read the Young Jedi Knights.....and of course all the NJO books are awesome. IMO, the X-wing series is wonderful too. Specter of the Past was good, but I have yet to read Vision of the Future. The Tale of....series is also great.....there are lots of good star wars book out there..you just seem to have a talent for reading the boring ones wink Happy Dance

Corran
I've read:
Rogue Planet
Shadows of the Empire
The truce at Bakura

THRAWN TRILOGY:
-Heir to the empire
-Dark Force Rising
-The Last Command

I, Jedi

THE JEDI ACADAMY TRILOGY
-Jedi Search
-Dark Apprentice
-Champions of the force

Children of the jedi
Darksaber
Planet of Twilight

The Crystal Star

THE BLACK FLEET CRISIS TRILOGY:
-Before the Storm
-Shield of lies
-Tyrant's test

The New Rebellion

CORELLIAN TRILOGY:
-Ambush at Corellia
-Assault at Selonia
-Showdown at Centerpoint

HAND OF THRAWN DUOLOGY:
-Specter of the Past
-Vision of the Future

THE NEW JEDI ORDER:
Vector Prime
Dark Tide I: Onslaught
Dark Tide II: Runi
Agents of chaos I: Hero's Trial
Agents of Chaos II: Jedi eclipse
Balance point
Recovery
Edge of Victory I: Conquest
Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
Star by Star
Dark Journey
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
Traitor.

Finit, I could lend you the Black Fleet Crisis if you want, I'll bring them over after Chrimbo.

finti
that would be cool corran, I`ll guess my Eu would end with the Thrawn duology

Corran
You should try the NJO too, the Vong are pretty dark.

finti
nah it will be enough with what I already have planned, not to great the ones I read so far

yerssot
what's the hand of thrawn about?

Corran
An Imperial officer 'Ressurrect' Admiral Thrawn to bring discord to the New Republic. I thought they were quite good.

yerssot
argh! not the ressurrect thingie again!

Corran
Yes, but with a different twist.

yerssot
yes, his hand apperently wink

Julie
finti, don't judge the rest of NJO from the first few...the series got significantly better as time went on....

Captain REX
Yes, that's it! Very stupid books, their were six, I read four just for good grades. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
this is about the black fleet crisis people

Julie
I believe we got off topic because of how bad that series was....they just wanted to comment on some other extraordinarily bad books out there

yerssot
so that includes all of them big grinwink

I'm not sure I'll buy the book if it finally gets in Belgium

Julie
No no no....most star wars books are at least decent...but there are bad books out there in general....

yerssot
ok ok... almost all of them

Julie
Unless they're star wars then it's a good bet the book is good....the Black Fleet Crisis is a rare and sad exception....Rogue Plant was boring too though I must admit...

yerssot
Crystal Star, Dark Saber, ...

Julie
I've never read Dark Saber....but I did read Crystal Star...too quaint to be awesome...but it was ok I suppose

yerssot
Is Dark Saber existing? Cause I could be wrong, thought I saw it as "original type", it's about a superweapon again

that's already one point I like about black fleet crisis, no superweapon!

Julie
I believe that there is a star wars book called Darksaber

GordonSkywalker
I happen to have enjoyed the Black Fleet Crisis and Darksaber. I think they are great examples of Star Wars as a series of paperback novels. And they do not feature dark Jedi or ancient sith infilitrating the Academy,(Heir to the Empire,Jedi Academy trilogy,The Crystal Star,I,Jedi)or socalled "Solo family outings"(The Correllian series,The Crystal Star,and in a pinch,The Courtship of Princess Leia). The Truce at Bakura is also good.

Julie
Yes the Truce at Bakura was a good book.....and I've never read Darksaber, but I do think I've let my opinion of the Black Fleet Crisis be known.....glad to know that someone likes them though

LanceWindu
Never read them.

Maybe I'll pick them up in a few days now that I got $70

LanceWindu
WooHoo!!!

I got the Black Fleet Crisis trilogy today!

Corran
Happy reading

finti
That is the one they are sold out off here or at least one of the books

Member.
u never know, maybe Padme was kidnapped and persumed dead.

finti
huh???

LanceWindu
That's what I'm saying.

What's that have to do with the Black Fleet Crisis?

Julie
Yea what the heck is member talking about?

LanceWindu
I don't know

Julie
so did you like the Black fleet crisis?

GordonSkywalker
I did! So I think I know what Member is hinting about.......

Julie
I don't and I read the series too......

GordonSkywalker
As I cannot control the spoilers controls let me just say the secondary story in the Black Fleet Crisis focuses on Luke Skywalker's search for his mother. See what I mean?

Julie
oh.....he was totally searching in a weird place....who knows though....I do remember parts though
BTW spoilers are whatcha want to say with a "/" between the [ and the s of the second ....

GordonSkywalker
All right.

LanceWindu
Anyone know which planet Luke goes to in the second and third books?

I haven't gotten that far yet.

Julie
He goes to a planet???? I thought he went ......

GordonSkywalker
I don't remember.

Julie
didn't Luke get caught on a phantom ship somewhere and never make it to a specified planet?

GordonSkywalker
Isn't that what happened in Children of the Jedi?

Julie
uh perhaps.....you know now that I think of it...you may be right...but I still don't think I've read Dark Saber

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.