Top 10 Mutants from Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rewmac
So this isn't about who is your favourite but name the ten most powerful mutants..

The way I see it....

1. Vulcan

2. Phoenix

3. Cable (Omega)

4. Magneto (Omega)

5. Stryfe

6. IceMan (Omega)

7. Professor X

8. Scarlet Witch

9. Rachel Summers

10. Apocalypse

TheKahn
In no particular order:

Franklin Richards
Iceman
Mr. M
Vulcan
Elixir
Jean Grey
Rachel Grey
Vulcan
Nate Grey/Cable
Quentin Quire

And Thanos would have to be in there somewhere if you include non-human mutants.

juggernaut66666
sorry can but vulcan is above rachel grey he bit her without any efforts

Blair Wind
magneto is not omega. Knock him down a few and I would agree. Apoc while not comically known to have done much, has powers that should bump him a little bit more than that (above X) and Rachel should be up. I see X as being the least powerful actually. And I REALLY doubt Vulcan can take on the pheonix. Its part of celestial beings and things like that.

juggernaut66666
vulcan has beaten down rachel grey with phoenix force with just simply shutting off the electricity in her brain

TheKahn
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
sorry can but vulcan is above rachel grey he bit her without any efforts

Originally posted by TheKahn
In no particular order: wink

Rewmac
Originally posted by Blair Wind
magneto is not omega. Knock him down a few and I would agree. Apoc while not comically known to have done much, has powers that should bump him a little bit more than that (above X) and Rachel should be up. I see X as being the least powerful actually. And I REALLY doubt Vulcan can take on the pheonix. Its part of celestial beings and things like that. Vulcan is above Omega, and there is an Omega Level Magneto he can open black holes and so

Blair Wind
...um...Magneto is not omega. I dont care what he can do (and I know full well what he can do) he has been listed as alpha. Period. Vulcan leaves much to be desired, but if people want to take the most optimistic outlook on his powers he is still only second....

Rewmac
...um...Magneto is not omega. I dont care what he can do (and I know full well what he can do) he has been listed as alpha. Period. Vulcan leaves much to be desired, but if people want to take the most optimistic outlook on his powers he is still only second....
And which mutants could beat a guy with the abilities Vulcan have

Blair Wind
um....Jean grey with the Phoenix Force?????

juggernaut66666
um....Jean grey with the Phoenix Force?????
no rachel grey has phoenix force inside her too

nathan summers
Cable, X-Man and Stryfe have never been mentioned to be " Omega " level mutants. And Rachel no longer has full contact with the Phoenix Force.

Rewmac
Cable has been Omega, read Cable & Deadpool and late Cable comics (maybe not been actually said but there were times he was)...Stryfe is an Omega level mutant...He is a stronger telepath than Professor X

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stryfe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cable_%28comics%29

nathan summers
Cable's powers were perhaps one of the greatest displays of mutant potential ever but there have been very few mutants classified as " Omega Level " mutant. I'm not saying there isn't the possibility that he is but until he's labeled such in the comics I don't want to jump to conclusions that he is. Also, Stryfe never made any displays of power that were on par with those of the dubbed " God-Like " Cable we saw in Cable & Deadpool. If he was that powerful, he would've destroyed the X-Men long ago. Being a more powerful telepath than Xavier isn't really a qualification for being an Omega. Wait for more information before you go around making the statement that he is.

Sidenote: I have no big problem with Wikipedia. They're a decent site BUT that can be easily altered to perfer one person's point of view over another. Becareful when using it as a " source " of information.

Rewmac
Trust me he is Omega...I got all Cable comics and all of Stryfe's appearences, maybe not a good example but powned Apocalypse easily...When Cable blew himself up, he got into Cable's mind, while Cable's body remained and Stryfe's was destroyed...For a good example Rachel Summers is Omega, Wolverine easily took her as a hostage by only havin' bombs on him big grin But for that you've questioned Stryfe I made some research, and he is only an Omega level telepath...

King KAM
You guys are forgetting, Legion, Proteus, and Gorgon(he wasnt omega i know, but his powers were damn strong...one look and your dead)

Rewmac
Yeah we did forget them....But psssttt....They're just too powerful big grin

King KAM
Originally posted by Rewmac
Yeah we did forget them....But psssttt....They're just too powerful big grin Legion was omega level and so is proteus...in his final form

Validus
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
no rachel grey has phoenix force inside her too
Rachel has a small portion of residual energy. You can't compare that to the full Phoenix Force.

Rewmac
Originally posted by Validus
Rachel has a small portion of residual energy. You can't compare that to the full Phoenix Force. Yep, but Vulcan as he is in his current state he is above Omega Level...I mean putting down a power mutant like Rachel with ease, I think he could beat Phoenix....In the old days Phoenix supposed to something pretty strong..Nowdays there are mutants can put her down...

Rewmac
Originally posted by King KAM
Legion was omega level and so is proteus...in his final form Didn't know about Proteus though...Was he really an Omega too?

nathan summers
Trust me he is Omega...I got all Cable comics and all of Stryfe's appearences, maybe not a good example but powned Apocalypse easily...When Cable blew himself up, he got into Cable's mind, while Cable's body remained and Stryfe's was destroyed...For a good example Rachel Summers is Omega, Wolverine easily took her as a hostage by only havin' bombs on him big grin But for that you've questioned Stryfe I made some research, and he is only an Omega level telepath...

And what facts do you have to back up your comments aside from " trust me."? I'm sorry, I don't know you well enough to blindly trust your judgement. No offense meant. I, as well, have virtually all of Cable's series. He has not once been mentioned to be an " Omega Level Mutant " to my knowledge. If I am mistaken please supply me a(n) issue number and I'll gladly re-read the issue and confirm your belief. If not, retract your statements. Again, I can understand why you might believe he is. I have no doubt of the possibility. BUT! It was never written into the comics and therefore it's only conjecture that supply your comments.

Btw: What source provided you with the conclusion that Cable and Stryfe were Omega Level Mutants? What confirmation was made? What comic? What issue? What year? Etc.

Rewmac
Originally posted by nathan summers
And what facts do you have to back up your comments aside from " trust me."? I'm sorry, I don't know you well enough to blindly trust your judgement. No offense meant. I, as well, have virtually all of Cable's series. He has not once been mentioned to be an " Omega Level Mutant " to my knowledge. If I am mistaken please supply me a(n) issue number and I'll gladly re-read the issue and confirm your belief. If not, retract your statements. Again, I can understand why you might believe he is. I have no doubt of the possibility. BUT! It was never written into the comics and therefore it's only conjecture that supply your comments.

Btw: What source provided you with the conclusion that Cable and Stryfe were Omega Level Mutants? What confirmation was made? What comic? What issue? What year? Etc.

Stryfe : oldschool marvel pages back in the days, wikipeida and come on you read Uncanny X-Men, X-Men??? Even Magneto couldn't own Apocalypse or Prof X...Stryfe did with ease...And you're right it was never said that Cable is Omega like this...But in Cable/Deadpool and late Cable comics (I got -1 - 107) that he is overhelmed by his powers and brought it to another level. Again vs. Cable and Deadpool fighting Silver Surfer...He easily breaks the board and claims himself as God-Like (god to be exact). I know you gonna question every single word I say though...

Blair Wind
It doesnt matter how powerful they are. In some cases Alpha mutants seem more powerful than omega mutants. However Omega mutants mean potential, they have limitless potential at their fingertips. At some point the other mutants will have to stop doin new things, or not have enough power. Omegas however can evolve, and have an almost limitless amounts of power. So even though some characters can do crazy things that by itself does not make them omega....

Validus
Yep, but Vulcan as he is in his current state he is above Omega Level...I mean putting down a power mutant like Rachel with ease, I think he could beat Phoenix....In the old days Phoenix supposed to something pretty strong..Nowdays there are mutants can put her down...
What? Current version of the Phoenix Force is a peer to Living Tribunal, at least if I'm reading GS's essays correctly.

And I've already gone over the Omega Plus thing. Omega is infinite potential. Saying Vulcan is beyond reminds of those little school yard insults.

"I'm better than you times infinity."
"I'm better than you times infinity plus one."

Doesn't make sense at all and completely reeks of fanwank style writing.

nathan summers
Skepticism is healthy. Heh. But don't feel as though I'm against the concept of Cable being an Omega Level Mutant. I support the possibility. But until the comics state he is, I don't want to blindly go about saying that he is. That'd be misinformation. You know?

nathan summers
It doesnt matter how powerful they are. In some cases Alpha mutants seem more powerful than omega mutants. However Omega mutants mean potential, they have limitless potential at their fingertips. At some point the other mutants will have to stop doin new things, or not have enough power. Omegas however can evolve, and have an almost limitless amounts of power. So even though some characters can do crazy things that by itself does not make them omega....

Exactly.

superbatman86
Cable while crazy ass powerful isn't an omega mutant.He can't use his full power without burning out and pulling X-man.The same goes for massively powerful characters like Magneto and Storm.Their physical bodies can't handle their power.As for vulcan how can you be beyond infinate?Beating Rachel doesn't make him all powerful when he tricked and cheap shotted her when they first meet.Hell Emma beat Rachel before.It's not so much about power but knowing how to use that power.

Rewmac
Have you read all Deadly Genesis??? If not take a look into the Respect thread...

Rewmac
Skepticism is healthy. Heh. But don't feel as though I'm against the concept of Cable being an Omega Level Mutant. I support the possibility. But until the comics state he is, I don't want to blindly go about saying that he is. That'd be misinformation. You know? I read couple issues of late Cable those I was told by researches that he is Omega...You were right....Cable isn't Omega....But he is powerful...

nathan summers
Am I the only one not impressed with Kid Vulcan? From what I've seen he hasn't performed anything remotely surpassing those skills performed by; Cable, Phoenix, X-Man etc. He comes off as a Exodus remix. Not someone fresh and new. I would have prefered them to stick with their later concept of Adam X. Everything was already set up with him and it made sense.

superbatman86
Am I the only one not impressed with Kid Vulcan? From what I've seen he hasn't performed anything remotely surpassing those skills performed by; Cable, Phoenix, X-Man etc. He comes off as a Exodus remix. Not someone fresh and new. I would have prefered them to stick with their later concept of Adam X. Everything was already set up with him and it made sense.
I agree with you.His uberness came from having Darwin inside him.

Darth Macabre
New Sun's got to be on that list.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.