Bioshock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

IcePunk
eek! This game looks so friggin' awesome

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock/screenindex.html

Koala MeatPie
It Says it Melds FPS with RolePlaying.

That Should Be........ intresting. no expression

Either they pull it off or it sucks.

THAT will be intresting

Koala MeatPie
And also the thing about air pressure yaddy yaddy yadda.

Superboy Prime
It seems like they are pulling it off....the lastest xbox live trailer looks amazing.

I don't want to kill little girls with pipes sad Even if they are evil or anything like that.

Smasandian
It's System Shock 1&2 underwater.

But it looks damn good though. Hopefully, the creep and scare factor are excellent.

SaTsuJiN
yeah it does look very wierd.. in a good way... the survival of the fittest should work out very well for a game with such a dark atmosphere

WrathfulDwarf
I wasn't paying much attention to this game before. But after reading more about it and watching the trailers. It has defenetly caught my attention.

doan_m
This is actually one of the most unique FPS i have ever seen. If anything the game that posese the most unique of the genre gets my attention.

Spearhead
This game has so much freakin' potential...needless to say, if this form of AI works, it'll be a new standard. Which is good, because the current form needs a huge improvement.

Lana
Originally posted by Smasandian
It's System Shock 1&2 underwater.

But it looks damn good though. Hopefully, the creep and scare factor are excellent.

System Shock 2 scared the HELL out of me. Damn creepy game.

Smasandian
I never completly played it, but the demo I played was pretty damn good. It look really neat, and scary.

On other notes,
It's not really an unique game in terms of gameplay because its the "spirtual successor" to the System Shock games and the blend of FPS and RPG is typical of an Looking Glass Studio game, who developers have moved on and made Dues Ex, all similiar to Bioshock.

Though, the enivronments and AI looked pretty damn unique.

WrathfulDwarf
Feast your eyes on the actual gameplay!

oPAETW3S_Js

Sweet Mother F***er intense! shocking

Superboy Prime
Yes. This game is a must have for me.

Lana
Okay, I am LOVING the various psychic powers and such...

Superboy Prime
Have you watched the haunting the big daddy video where the player gets to use the telekinesis plasmid to throw grenades and flaming teddy bears at the big daddy?

*Drool*

InnerRise
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
It seems like they are pulling it off....the lastest xbox live trailer looks amazing.

I don't want to kill little girls with pipes sad Even if they are evil or anything like that. Well luckily for you, you don't have to kill the girls.

You can choose to either kill them and take the substance to power yourself up or you can let them revert back to normal little girls and let them go off and hide somewhere which will have an impact on the storyline and events later in the game.

I still don't know what I'll decide to do, depends on how I'm doing in the game I suppose and how much juice I have.

"I'M A BIG GIRL NOW!"

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Superboy Prime
That was my opinion before...after hunting the big daddy and watching everything it took to kill it...I will be glad to smash the plasmind out of creepy little mutant girls!

Lana
Me, I like fun psychic powers and stuff much more than I do guns and such.

So...yeah, no question there what I'd be doing ermm

Smasandian
The question is....

Do I get on the PC and sacriface visual quality and the chance of it not working for the better control scheme.

Or do I get it on the 360?

I'm definitly getting this game. I love FPS's that tells backstories through e-mails, messages, pda's, letters and shit like...similiar to Dues Ex and AVP2. I just love it. Rather have that then cut scenes.

IceJaw
New gameplay trailer with somewhat new stuff.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23017.html

Smasandian
I'm definitly waiting for my new computer to play this (unless reviews state that my system requirements are ideal (highly unlikely) and that the game is really good on the PC and not just some shitty console port).

Same with Crysis.

InnerRise
What I truly hate is that this game is being released right when school starts back up.

Not much time to play if at all, especially when you're not living at home.

WrathfulDwarf
The game is gone Gold for both PC and 360!

So far it's getting great reviews. Can't wait to play it!

Impediment
It's gonna be a while before I can buy an XBox 360. Most likely I'll start saving up now and use my next income tax return, sometime around January, to get a 360 Elite.

That said, this will definitely be a game that I buy. This looks amazing!

Smasandian
Just to let you know, according to Joystiq, Bioshock demo arrived on Live.

I havnt checked, so if its not there, I'm sorry.

No word on the PC demo.

Superboy Prime
BIOSHOCK DEMO!?

OMG! *JOYGASM*

xNIXSONx
anyone think this game will be too innovative? jks

Smasandian
Nah, they way I look at it is that the gameplay has been done before, but its more refined.

It's the spirtual successor to System Shock and Dues Ex is very similiar too.

What makes this game looking good is that they finally met presentation with gameplay to make one great package.

BackFire
Demo is out on Xbox Live.

The demo is really impressive. I was pretty excited for this game, now I can't wait for it. incredible atmosphere that totally draws you into the world, lovely graphics and the gameplay seems top notch.

Ushgarak
WHY didn't enough people play System Shock 2 multiplayer...

(cries)

Lana
I don't know, but I've certainly been talking about it enough when people've been asking about Bioshock...

One of my friends at work and I think that it'll probably be the game of the year this year.

I'm just glad the 360 dropped in price so I'll actually be able to play this soon...even though it's very likely it's going to really really creep me out, as SS2 did...

(Ush, we should multiplayer this at some point)

AstroFan
Anyone download the demo on 360? I went to download it last night, but apparently everyone else was, so I couldnt get to the actual file to download it. stick out tongue

Superboy Prime
I'll DL it tonight. I MUST play this awesome(so far) experience. I fear it might be a big dl though.

Estacado
I just downloaded it.....313

DanZeke25
Theres a demo?!?!
*runs to 360*

Estacado
Wow!!! I read that there will be more then 70 powers...Holly shit!!!

Smasandian
It was pretty sweet.

Just the type of game I love.

Probably getting it on the PC though.

Estacado
What extras will the collectors edition have?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by Estacado
What extras will the collectors edition have?

maybe it comes with a 'big daddy' figurine/maquette

thats what those lumbering things are called right

S_W_LeGenD
Do I get on the PC and sacriface visual quality and the chance of it not working for the better control scheme.
Computer Technology is very advanced in these times.

If you have a Dual Core processor, 2 GB RAM and a GF 7 or GF 8 series card, then you will be able to enjoy excellent visuals and performance on your PC.

Here is a statement from Bioshock developers regarding PC Version: "A BioShock PC Demo IS coming. We tried as hard as humanly possible to get it out to you guys simultaneously with the 360 demo, but we needed to make sure that it was perfect -- that all drivers were ready, and that the game looked great on a huge variety of computers."

Ushgarak
Originally posted by Lana
I don't know, but I've certainly been talking about it enough when people've been asking about Bioshock...

One of my friends at work and I think that it'll probably be the game of the year this year.

I'm just glad the 360 dropped in price so I'll actually be able to play this soon...even though it's very likely it's going to really really creep me out, as SS2 did...

(Ush, we should multiplayer this at some point)

You can't.

The entire point of my post above is that due to poor uptake of their previous multiplayer efforts, there is no multiplay for Bioshock.

Lana
LAME.

I was looking forward to that, too. As awesome as the game looks, I know it's going to just scare the hell out of me and I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to play it by myself.

BackFire
Stop being a wuss.

From what I played in the demo it's not that bad.

FortressXRuler
LAME.

I was looking forward to that, too. As awesome as the game looks, I know it's going to just scare the hell out of me and I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to play it by myself.

Well, thats what it's for, and this game wouldn't be succesful if it didn't have that scare factor everyone's looking at. And just invite a friend over on your off day to play the game.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Ushgarak
You can't.

The entire point of my post above is that due to poor uptake of their previous multiplayer efforts, there is no multiplay for Bioshock.

I'm glad they dont have MP.

Rather have them spend all the time creating a great SP game then concentrate resources creating an bland MP experience.

DanZeke25
I don't care about MP much, only Co-Op.

Lana
Originally posted by BackFire
Stop being a wuss.

From what I played in the demo it's not that bad.

Shut up. Games creep me out really easily.

I'm glad they dont have MP.

Rather have them spend all the time creating a great SP game then concentrate resources creating an bland MP experience.

Trust me, having played System Shock 2 multiplayer? I doubt that'd be a problem.

Originally posted by DanZeke25
I don't care about MP much, only Co-Op.

Uh, co-op IS multiplayer.

BackFire

BOO!!

DanZeke25

Trust me, having played System Shock 2 multiplayer? I doubt that'd be a problem.

I know that. I meant that's the aspect of multiplayer I really care about. The rest doesn't bother me if it's not in the game.

Smasandian

And that makes Bioshock automatically good if they did create MP?

Still, I rather have a better SP experience resulting from more developing time on that experience than the developing team creating two modes.

If I remember correctly, MP was added after the game was released for System Shock. Maybe they could do this, but I would expect that Bioshock SP experience might not be as memorable if they tacked on an MP game. From most FPS games, the most played and generally the most fun MP games are strictly made for online. FEAR, Far Cry, Half Life, Half Life 2, No One Lives Forever have great SP, but so-so MP.

BackFire
eh, from the demo I can tell that MP wouldn't have worked so well on this game. The gameplay, and just the way everything works wouldn't translate so well to MP, I think.

Plus, if it took them this long just to create the single player experience for the game, adding a mp mode would extend development by a good while, if they were to make it good. That or they would have had to take time away from the single player development to work on MP, which would result in a much less detailed game world, which is a very important attribute for the game.

The replayability of this game sounds extraordinary, so no MP is fine, imo.

Ushgarak
We're not talking about some bolted on deathmatch option here, which would indeed be a waste.

You would have said that about System Shock II as well, BF, that it wouldn't be suitable, or that it would have distracted development time.

But it was suitable, it did not distract any time because they added it later, they did it, it was one of the most amazing co-op experiences ever, and none of you buggers tried it so they don't want to make the effort any more, even though it would be just as good.

Hence everyone sucks.

Incidentally, all those other games had boring MP because... they were straight out shooters, and in any case only ever produce boring deathmatch instead of a proper gaming experience.

SS2 was neither a straight out shooter nor did it have any deathmatch- multiplay was a co-operative run through the whole game. Bioshock, despite everything, is SS2 with knobs on. There is not the slightest risk of this having been at all bland.

Ushgarak
Just to quote their designer here:

" is our first game that hasn't had multipayer. And I don't think anyone has ever spent any real time playing our multiplayer in our games. So System Shock 2, Freedom Force, they've all had multiplayer. And maybe SWAT, some people have spent some time playing SWAT multiplayer... And then you think about all the work people have spent building multiplayer for these other games and then you go look on who's playing, say, Brothers in Arms, even when it just came out multiplayer, in the world, you're talking about in the world, playing on Xbox Live, I remember we looked right after the game came out, and there were six people playing it. And you think about the effort that went into that, and you just want to cry like a little girl."

Yup, it was you, the general gaming public, that wasted their effort so they don't want to do those fantastic co-op experiences any more.

AHHHHHHHHHH!

Lana
Ask Ush how many times, when we were playing SS2 co-op, that I'd walk through a door, see something, freak out, throw a fireball, and end up hitting him instead...

Smasandian
We're not talking about some bolted on deathmatch option here, which would indeed be a waste.

You would have said that about System Shock II as well, BF, that it wouldn't be suitable, or that it would have distracted development time.

But it was suitable, it did not distract any time because they added it later, they did it, it was one of the most amazing co-op experiences ever, and none of you buggers tried it so they don't want to make the effort any more, even though it would be just as good.

Hence everyone sucks.

Incidentally, all those other games had boring MP because... they were straight out shooters, and in any case only ever produce boring deathmatch instead of a proper gaming experience.

SS2 was neither a straight out shooter nor did it have any deathmatch- multiplay was a co-operative run through the whole game. Bioshock, despite everything, is SS2 with knobs on. There is not the slightest risk of this having been at all bland.

Maybe they will add co-op through a patch if alot of people wanted it.

I wanted to play System Shock 2 but I could never find it in stores, well I had Half Life and played TFC religiously. Maybe, if I could of found System Shock 2, I would of played it, but it was impossible to find near me.

Ushgarak
I don't want to get my hopes up for them adding a patch now- it;s a lot of effort for them to add in netcode and check all the areas will work (as they had to with SS2) if they don't think anyone is going to play it.

And of course they are right. The amount of people that would REALLY value that compared to those that will value it for what it already is is tiny; not worth their time.

Just happens I am part of that minority. I love co-op. Gosh darn it.

BlaxicanHydra
EDIT

Superboy Prime
I say **** Multiplayer. You want multi go buy 1 out of the hundred million games out there with great online multi....or maybe I'm just spoiled because my soul will be sold to the devil once September 25 arrives.

BackFire

Hence everyone sucks.

Oh okay. Well, I assume you'll be playing it on the PC. In which case, I'm sure someone will create a mod pretty quickly that will allow coop play if the company doesn't.

Ushgarak
I say **** Multiplayer. You want multi go buy 1 out of the hundred million games out there with great online multi....or maybe I'm just spoiled because my soul will be sold to the devil once September 25 arrives.

Actually decent multiplay co-op games are VERY hard to find- though hellgate is coming soon, yay.

And I suspect that might not work out, BF. They tried and failed with Deus Ex and last I checked the Oblivion one wasn't working out either.

And it was too many darn times, Lana.

Lana
Hey, you shot me a few times on accident too.

Anyway, we got our copies of the limited edition version for the 360 today. Comes in a big box with a big daddy action figure, a making of DVD, and soundtrack. It's really freaking awesome. I honestly say that if you are going to get Bioshock for the 360, try and order the limited one. You might not be able to get one this close, though - we got a dozen of them, had 9 orders already, and three of the guys at my work who had the regular one ordered immediately switched it over to the limited.

I spent most of the night pondering if I should get a 360 or new computer for this. Probably will go for the computer, even though I don't like playing games on the PC as much as I do console, but I need a new one anyway...

(plus I'm being poked to get Hellgate when it comes out)

Smasandian
I don't want to get my hopes up for them adding a patch now- it;s a lot of effort for them to add in netcode and check all the areas will work (as they had to with SS2) if they don't think anyone is going to play it.

And of course they are right. The amount of people that would REALLY value that compared to those that will value it for what it already is is tiny; not worth their time.

Just happens I am part of that minority. I love co-op. Gosh darn it.

Well, co-op online and splitscreen is the new deathmatch, or battlefield clone.

Army of Two is made as an co-op game. Looks interesting.

The only problem I have with co-op games is that I rarely play with people at home, and playing co-op with strangers is kinda of crappy, its basically just deathmatch with a story.

My future brother in law has made a night near Christams (the only time I get to go home and have family actually be able to do stuff), and he wants to play through Gears Of War completely on co-op. I say **** Gears Of War, Army of Two all the way (granted it turns out alright)

But your right, I'm pretty Bioshock wont have co-op added in a patch.

BackFire
Gears of War co-op is a lot of fun.

DanZeke25
Co-Op is the greatest if you have a friend that has Xbox live. I never beat Gears of War by myself, I just did it Co-Op because it's so much funner.

BlaxicanHydra
Gears of War has the funnest Co-Op I've ever played outside of arcade games.

InnerRise
This game doesn't need Cooperative Play.

It would take away from the experience and wouldn't flow right with the structure of this game. If anything, it would distract from what the game is trying to do.
Having cooperative play to lessen the scare factor of the game for one's self isn't a good enough reason either.

Lana
Originally posted by InnerRise
This game doesn't need Cooperative Play.

It would take away from the experience and wouldn't flow right with the structure of this game. If anything, it would distract from what the game is trying to do.
Having cooperative play to lessen the scare factor of the game for one's self isn't a good enough reason either.

Oh man you have no clue what you are talking about.

It would not at ALL take away from the experience of the game, and it wouldn't flow with the structure? It would distract from what it's trying to do? Uh...what exactly are you basing that on?

Considering that Bioshock has been referred to as a 'spiritual successor' to System Shock 2, which has VERY good co-op that doesn't in the least take away from the game and fits perfectly with the game structure, a co-op mode would work perfectly fine in Bioshock. Ush could probably vouch for that better than I as I've only played SS2 in co-op, not singleplayer.

For the record, I'm not usually a multiplayer fan. I'm much more a singleplayer person. But I'd really been looking forward to co-op play for Bioshock and I'm rather disappointed that it's not going to exist.

BlaxicanHydra
By the way Lana, if you scare as easily as you say you do this game is going to creep you the fvck out. I myself could not even finish the demo.

Lana
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
By the way Lana, if you scare as easily as you say you do this game is going to creep you the fvck out. I myself could not even finish the demo.

I already KNOW it's going to creep me the hell out and I haven't touched the demo (nor can I try it). Still not going to stop me from playing.

I just wish the co-op was in because then I'd be less likely to just stop playing if it scared me.

Ushgarak
Well, literally it doesn't 'need' it, Innerrise, but lana speaks truly- it absolutely does not take away from the scare factor of the game. Panic spreads easily!

Victor Von Doom
Wait...the demo is out?

AstroFan
Couple days now, on xbox anyway.

Victor Von Doom
I'll have to check it out.

Vinny Valentine
Hoooolllllyyyy shittt!!

This game looks ****ing intense!

*buys*

Lana
Well, literally it doesn't 'need' it, Innerrise, but lana speaks truly- it absolutely does not take away from the scare factor of the game. Panic spreads easily!

Panic spreads easily...oh yeah it does.

Smasandian
In terms of storyline, I dont think co-op would work, but if they did do co-op it would of been cool if they did a seperate section of Rapture so it plays well with two people.

I have a problem with games that just tack on co-op for the sake of co-op rather than games that put in co-op for gameplay, similiar to Army of Two.

Ushgarak
Well again storyline wise you could have said the same about SS2, but it still worked out. Though there was such a large division of skills available in that game it made sense to approach it as a team.

Lana
Yeah, it would have worked perfectly fine with co-op.

And yeah, definitely agree on the large amount of skills thing. If I'd been playing SS2 by myself I wouldn't have been able to get through it with the skills I wanted and went with, anyway.

Smasandian
Well again storyline wise you could have said the same about SS2, but it still worked out. Though there was such a large division of skills available in that game it made sense to approach it as a team.

I just rather have a seperate storyline for co-op.

I havnt played System Shock 2 so I cant say Bioshock would be different, but from an story point of view, going from the excellent introduction, it clearly states that it's one person and one person alone.

Last Fre3lancer
A seperate storyline this late in development wouldn't fit well.

Ushgarak
Yes and in System Shock you were the 'only' survivor on the ship as well; it's really just not that important to the concept of how much fun working through the plot as a team was.

InnerRise
I just rather have a seperate storyline for co-op.

I havnt played System Shock 2 so I cant say Bioshock would be different, but from an story point of view, going from the excellent introduction, it clearly states that it's one person and one person alone. That's exactly how I feel.

BackFire
Another reason there may not be a co-op is there are a lot of one on one encounters. The game seems balanced around that type of battle. I dunno if it's the same with System Shock 2. But if you just threw in another person fighting with you it would trivialize almost all the battles by making them too easy.

As it is there are ways to get your enemies to fight for you, thus having a comrade already possible. So with another player by your side it would be possible for a total of 4 characters fighting for you.

They'd basically have to rebalance the whole game for co-op, or just say '**** it' and just allow co-op to make every battle extremely easy.

Ushgarak
No, it's really not much different. This is the kind of concern that sounds valid but ends up not being so in practice. Again, it was the same in SS2 and there the main thing preventing that kind of cakewalking as a limit in resources. Bugger all good going two on one if only one of you actually has what is needed to fight.

That being the case it wasnlt the fighting that was easier, but it was true that with more than oine person you could cover more of the game's technical side than with one.

Again, really, this game is, in principle, near identical to SS2. It worked there and it would here. The difficulty is a. getting the netcode working and b. making sure multiplayer doesn't break things like scripted moments. That's where the hassle is.

BackFire
Ah. Yeah there is a very limited supply of ammo in this game. Barely enough for one person as it is.

Oh well, probably doesn't stem any further than them just thinking that adding the mode isn't worth it since not many people played MP with their other games.

Just hope for a mod, I guess.

Lana
Another reason there may not be a co-op is there are a lot of one on one encounters. The game seems balanced around that type of battle. I dunno if it's the same with System Shock 2. But if you just threw in another person fighting with you it would trivialize almost all the battles by making them too easy.

As it is there are ways to get your enemies to fight for you, thus having a comrade already possible. So with another player by your side it would be possible for a total of 4 characters fighting for you.

They'd basically have to rebalance the whole game for co-op, or just say '**** it' and just allow co-op to make every battle extremely easy.

Trust me. Two people did not make the fights easier.

InnerRise
No, it's really not much different. This is the kind of concern that sounds valid but ends up not being so in practice. Again, it was the same in SS2 and there the main thing preventing that kind of cakewalking as a limit in resources. Bugger all good going two on one if only one of you actually has what is needed to fight.

That being the case it wasnlt the fighting that was easier, but it was true that with more than oine person you could cover more of the game's technical side than with one.

Again, really, this game is, in principle, near identical to SS2. It worked there and it would here. The difficulty is a. getting the netcode working and b. making sure multiplayer doesn't break things like scripted moments. That's where the hassle is. I've not played System Shock so I don't know, but did the Demo for Bioshock really give enough away for you to know that they're practically the same game and what worked for one would automatically work for the other?

BackFire
Trust me. Two people did not make the fights easier.

Maybe you just sucked.

That's right, I went there.

Superboy Prime
Finished the Demo...

I am in love with this game. The graphics are top-notch--bye Gears. The art design is phenomenal. Never have I witnessed such an original and well designed world. The story is interesting. The atmosphere is overwhelming...once I entered the actual city I found myself in another world. The action can get very intense...and the plasmids are fun to use--and you only get to use 2 of them.

Overall I find nothing wrong with the demo...except it could've been longer...but that's no actual complain.

I already reserved the copy and paid the damned 60 bucks in advance. I haven't even done that for Halo 3 and I am a Halolunatic.

About the coop...meh. I don't really care as long as the single player experience is great. And everything points to it being one of the best games to ever hit consoles and PC.

BackFire
Apparently some Toys R Us' started selling this game early in confusion over the street date. I called mine but they had their shit together and said it comes out next week. Might want to try your local Toys R Us and see if they screwed up.

Estacado
Only a few more days.....

Kutulu
Wow!!! I read that there will be more then 70 powers...Holly shit!!!

OMG extras in a video game! Wow!!!!1!!1! Amazing!!!11!!1!
stfu3

Estacado
Originally posted by Kutulu
stfu3
Fail.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Kutulu
stfu3

Fail.

co-sign.

Smasandian
Apparently some Toys R Us' started selling this game early in confusion over the street date. I called mine but they had their shit together and said it comes out next week. Might want to try your local Toys R Us and see if they screwed up.

You getting for the 360, or PC?

After playing the demo, the 360 control isnt bad, but the other positives that a PC offers just doesnt make me want to buy the 360 now, and not wait till next year for a new computer.

BackFire
360. My PC is getting old and while it would run the game, it wouldn't look nearly as good or run as well as it does on the 360.

Smasandian
True.

My PC cant play it unless its at low settings, so I'm waiting. The other good thing is that it will probalby be cheaper next year so instead of paying $80 on the 360 version, I can probably get it for $30 next year.

Superboy Prime
Wait...80 bucks for the 360 version!?

BackFire
360 version is 60 bucks.

Superboy Prime
Oh..so he was talking about the limited edition, huh?

BackFire
He's in Canada, shit costs more there.

BlaxicanHydra
Silly Canadians.

Superboy Prime
LoLZ

Ushgarak
I've not played System Shock so I don't know, but did the Demo for Bioshock really give enough away for you to know that they're practically the same game and what worked for one would automatically work for the other?

The review certainly did.

It's a sequel in all but name, you know. They just didn't have the license for SS any more.

Superboy Prime
You know what is really funny?

Setting a splicer on fire and wait for it to find relief in water...and then you zap him with a lightning bolt.

droolio

Smasandian
He's in Canada, shit costs more there.

I'm also including tax, which equals to roughly 78 bucks.

I hate it when companies **** over Canadian.

I have no idea why it costs an extra 10 bucks for us when our dollar is 5 cents more than the US dollar and it doesnt cost 5-6 bucks more to ship it to Canadian.

Ush, you might be aware of this but EA renewed its rights to System Shock and rumours stating that EA has put the developer behind The Godfather to make System Shock 3. That sucks if its true because even though I havnt played it, I am aware that its considered one of the best PC games out there and only the original developers should helm that project (or atleast be outsourced to a company that Irrational games chooses). It would be the same thing as Rockstar doing the next Half Life game.

BlaxicanHydra
I thought it was simple.

No one likes Canada, except for Canadians.. and select Americans. I want to move to Canada when I'm older.

DanZeke25
I was pissed when I found out my Toys R Us didn't f*ck up with the date. Because they had a deal if you buy Madden then you get your next game half off. So I woulda been able to get Madden and Bioshock for $90. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they will still be doing the Madden deal when Bioshock comes out.

Smasandian
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
I thought it was simple.

No one likes Canada, except for Canadians.. and select Americans. I want to move to Canada when I'm older.

Oh because you want free health care? Or relatively free health care

InnerRise
Well Toys R Us did make a mistake with the release but they've all gotten their act together now is what I've heard.

Superboy Prime
Damn it

BlaxicanHydra
Oh because you want free health care? Or relatively free health care

.. Ether will work.

Smasandian
Ok.

BlaxicanHydra
I love you, man.

WrathfulDwarf
Gamestop offers the limited edition Bioshock. Might go after that one.

Lana
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Gamestop offers the limited edition Bioshock. Might go after that one.

Do it. We got them on Tuesday and they're awesome.

AstroFan
Damn, why they shipping so early?

Lana
It's pretty normal for a big game to get shipped out a week or more before the street date.

AstroFan
I always figured it was like the Friday before or something. I only worked at Gamestop for couple months, I never saw anything big come out. stick out tongue

Lana
It depends on the game stick out tongue Like with Bioshock, we only got the limited 360 edition so far, no other versions. Madden we got all our copies of on Saturday. GH3 we're supposed to get like...a week and a half before street date. And then most we get the day after what most people think is the release date but is actually the ship date. It's generally only games that are streetdated that we receive early.

I've been there nearly a year now so nyah stick out tongue

InnerRise
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Gamestop offers the limited edition Bioshock. Might go after that one. How much does the Limited Edition cost?

If anything, I'd only want the limited edition for the Making Of...DVD.

Lana
It's $70. Just like just about every other limited/collector's edition of a 360 game.

Superboy Prime
I don't get why people get limited editions...30 minutes after the game is released you can watch all the videos on youtube....but meh.

InnerRise
I don't get why people get limited editions...30 minutes after the game is released you can watch all the videos on youtube....but meh. You don't get the "Big Daddy" Figurine from Youtube though.

Superboy Prime
Yeah that's the only thing you won't get. You could probably get it on ebay though 131

Youtube is the reason I'm not getting the Halo 3 legendary edition...the Spartan helmet looks awesome...but nah not worth 130 bucks.

BlaxicanHydra
Yo momma wasn't worth 130 bucks either, but I paid!!

I might go for the Halo 3 limited edition, so that 40 years from now, when I look and try to remember if I went for it when I had the chance I could kick myself for spending 130$ on a video game when I'm on Welfare with a failing colon.

Smasandian
Well, dont worry. Canada pays for treatment for that colon.

BlaxicanHydra
THat's because Canada is t3h sekz.

Superboy Prime
*Anticipation is driving SBP durznuts*

Estacado
IGN gave the game a 9.7
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p3.html

vandalworks
dont know what to make of this game. its very polished and all.... but its just yet another fps. theres just so many out there now. and with little multiplayer wheres the longevity? if i spend the forty quid on a game which is normal these days i want to be able to play it for months to come.

AstroFan
IGN gave the game a 9.7
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/813/813214p3.html

Damn, thats their highest rating for a 360 game so far.

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by vandalworks
dont know what to make of this game. its very polished and all.... but its just yet another fps. theres just so many out there now. and with little multiplayer wheres the longevity? if i spend the forty quid on a game which is normal these days i want to be able to play it for months to come.

Come on...yet another First Person Shooter?

Bishock is unique among FPSers. Shit...calling it yet another simple FPSer is under rating the game.

Lana
Saying that Bioshock is "just yet another fps" says that you know next to nothing about this game.

There's plenty of longevity in this game without multiplayer.

Smasandian
After reading that review, I dont know if I want to wait till my new computer.

I think I'll just get the 360 version..........must resist.....

Well, if I think about it, once the new computer gets here, I'll have Crysis, Stalker and a bunch of other PC games to play and I wont have enough money to get Bioshock...well thats my understanding that is....

Superboy Prime
Don't wait...JOIN THE DARK SIDE!

xNIXSONx
cant wait to go out and get this game!!! another great addition to the already solid and growing xbox 360 lineup big grin

anyone know what the multiplayer types there are and what you can do on xbox live with this game

and would you guys call BioShock a "First Person Adventure??hm?"

Superboy Prime
No multiplayer for this game nor cooperative weep

However the single experience will be so dramatic they say it is an experience every gamer should go through.

xNIXSONx
No multiplayer for this game nor cooperative weep

However the single experience will be so dramatic they say it is an experience every gamer should go through.

whhhat?! is that confirmed that there is no multiplayer of any sort??

so the only thing i can do on xbox live is buy gamer pics, themes and download videos of BioShock??? sad

Lana
Originally posted by xNIXSONx

so the only thing i can do on xbox live is buy gamer pics, themes and download videos of BioShock??? sad

Yes, it's confirmed that there's no multiplayer.

Which sucks as I'd've loved co-op on this game.

I just read through the review and I'm sure a few people I know would disagree with them saying the graphics aren't as nice as Gears of War. In fact, they HAVE said that the graphics are just as nice.

xNIXSONx
Yes, it's confirmed that there's no multiplayer.

Which sucks as I'd've loved co-op on this game.

I just read through the review and I'm sure a few people I know would disagree with them saying the graphics aren't as nice as Gears of War. In fact, they HAVE said that the graphics are just as nice.

it looks just as nice to me yeah. Co op wouldve been so much fun, stuck in rapture with a buddy lol damm!

Superboy Prime
Same here.

They are as good if not better because of Bioshock's excellence in execution.

InnerRise
Originally posted by xNIXSONx

so the only thing i can do on xbox live is buy gamer pics, themes and download videos of BioShock??? sad Once you start playing the game, you may realize that multiplayer isn't really necessary and that the game works just fine without it because of the flow of the game.

Ushgarak
'Necessary' is a very weird word to use.

It is simply that multiplayer would have been extremely good!

Stupid gaming public...

Lana
Exactly...

(and for the last damn time, it wouldn't have interfered with the flow of the game at all.)

InnerRise
'Necessary' is a very weird word to use.

It is simply that multiplayer would have been extremely good!

Stupid gaming public... That's interesting b/c earlier you said this:

Well, literally it doesn't 'need' it, Innerrise....

And for the record, gaming public aside, I'm not stupid whether you were referring to me or not.

Opinions differ and that's okay. Insults aren't really needed just as much as multiplayer isn't needed IN MY OPINION, if not more so.

BackFire
No multiplayer is ever 'necessary'. Doesn't mean games should just ignore it completely.

Except obviously multiplayer only games.

Ushgarak
That's interesting b/c earlier you said this:

And for the record, gaming public aside, I'm not stupid whether you were referring to me or not.

Opinions differ and that's okay. Insults aren't really needed just as much as multiplayer isn't needed IN MY OPINION, if not more so.

It's not even vaguely interesting at all because both quotes express the exact same opinion.

Nor did I ever insult you- don't make up total nonsense like that, that is trolling.

InnerRise
I concur.

Not all games should ignore it. I also believe that not all games should include it because they can.

Ushgarak
But if they can and it would be brilliant, it is a damn shame if they do not, doubly so if they would have done but didn't want to make the effort after the last few times they did it and not enough people gave it a go because they were too focussed on deathmatch games instead.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>