Luke Cage movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
I just caught a blub on Wikipedia, saying a movie is scheduled for this year, starring Tyrese Gibson as Cage. Anyone else heard anything, or are they behind schedule in starting this?

DigiMark007
Don't believe everything you read on wiki.

shifty

H. S. 6
Wiki is almost the most unreliable source for things like these.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Wiki is almost the most unreliable source for things like these.

yes

Right after Fox News.

nathan summers
Originally posted by DigiMark007
yes

Right after Fox News.

Hey. I like Hannity and Colmes..

AJ4LIFE
we dont get fox over here wat is it all about is it good bad why do they diss it so much on simpsons anyone explain plz

oh and the movie would suck no one heard of him

roughrider
A third-stringer unknown like Blade can get a trilogy, Luke Cage can get at least one movie, dammit.

AJ4LIFE
good point and tushay

H. S. 6
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
good point and tushay

What's a tushay? confused

grey fox
Originally posted by H. S. 6
What's a tushay? confused

He means touche

DigiMark007
I thought he meant tushee, like a bum.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpunkySmurph
Anyways, this is actually happening now, if the interviews with Tyrese during the movie previews are to be believed.

wolverex84
yeah , it was announced that they have written a script on the movie, but they are not sure if Tyrese is the right guy to play the role, it is still in negociation and waiting for a second draft, its set to release for 2008 not this year.

Kazenji
The director for this movie is John Singleton....for those who want to know.

LORDSIDIOUS01
Tyrese would make an interesting choice to play Cage.

Supreme being
Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Tyrese would make an interesting choice to play Cage.

Although Tyrese is not my ideal Luke Cage all i can say is thank god its not Vin Diesel.

roughrider
Originally posted by Supreme being
Although Tyrese is not my ideal Luke Cage all i can say is thank god its not Vin Diesel.

Vin Diesel with a REALLY dark tan - oh, that'll be perfect... roll eyes (sarcastic)

( no disrespect; I know he's half black.)

LORDSIDIOUS01
Originally posted by Supreme being

Tyrese isn't my ideal choice either. I just hope he does a decent job

Supreme being
Originally posted by roughrider
Vin Diesel with a REALLY dark tan - oh, that'll be perfect... roll eyes (sarcastic)

( no disrespect; I know he's half black.)

roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic) And thats why i said thank god its not him, Hollywood type casts and lately its Vin diesel Linked to anything related to a black action star. Besides look at catwoman do you think Hollywood gives a f... what the fans want its all about the Benjamin's.

DarkDethbringer
wuts with Vin Deisel & being half? half black, half gay jesus, this guy cant commit

roughrider
I think Brian Michael Bendis should be brought in as a writer, or creative consultant.
I can hear the Bendis haters laughing, yep - but, he's written Cage better than anyone in decades. It's a perfect marriage, like Quentin Tarantino & John Travolta. His career was resurrected; Bendis did the same for Luke.

roughrider
Now the film is in limbo again. Marvel says they don't have the right script yet; John Singleton is claiming Marvel doesn't have the stones to make a black superhero movie - curious, after Blade got a trilogy.

Playing the race card is getting very tired nowadays... miffed

BlaxicanHydra
curious, after Blade got a trilogy.

The Blade trilogy sucked. Ass. no expression

And the race card needs to be played in this type of movies. Making a black super hero movie is much more challenging then making a movie were the superhero isn't black, because of racial profiling. For some reason people seem to have this idea in there heads that black people (Heroes, in particular) have to act and do things a certain way and if they don't, it's considered either racist or not giving the black man credit, or giving him too much credit.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
The Blade trilogy sucked. Ass. no expression

To hell with you mad

The Blade trilogy was awesome it was the third one (Altho the action in it was good and with an okay story) that killed what little hope of a 4th one off

as for Tyrese Gibson cast as Luke cage, Mekhi Phifer would've been a heaps person to play him IMO.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by nathan summers
Hey. I like Hannity and Colmes..

i like george noory eek!

Caps Conscience
This movie is way different then the blade movie. Because Cage is almost street thug. Blade movies even though the lead character was a black man where still directed for a more cockasian(I spelled it like that on purpose, lol) audience. I can't see a Luke Cage movie being the same way.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/167419-isaiah-mustafa-pitch-video-for-luke-cage

-Pr-
Wasn't half bad, i thought...

jedi90
Now the film is in limbo again. Marvel says they don't have the right script yet; John Singleton is claiming Marvel doesn't have the stones to make a black superhero movie - curious, after Blade got a trilogy.

Playing the race card is getting very tired nowadays... miffed

The race card phrase is getting old as well.

Marvel didn't make the Blade movies. They were not a movie studio at the time. The movie's huge success and following wasn't as anticipated (indicated by late summer release). Wesley Snipes had alot of input and was one of the producers. At the time Blade came out, vampire hunter shows and movies were hottest thing and I believe they were just doing their part to cash in. Movie Blade is a huge deviation from comic Blade (in a good way).

Now that Marvel is a movie studio and would be responsible for what appeared on the screened they may be hesitant on Luke Cage movie since the character is heavily tied to the blaxploitation era. For that, John Singleton's claim may not be too far off.

Kazenji
Another teaser this time featuring Eric Thomas Wilson, who appeared in Columbus Day

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=42112

Bouboumaster
How about Quinton "Rampage" Jackson?

BruceSkywalker
henry winkler for luke cage laughing out loud laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.