You'r nobody Till Somebody Kill You

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Inspectah Deck
Is this true? Why or why not?

Mindship
IMO, not true cuz many, many people are murdered every day, and we hear about only a fraction of them, tops.

Perhaps it would be better stated as "You're nobody til somebody kills you...provided you're young, female, pretty and white."

Atlantis001

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Mindship
IMO, not true cuz many, many people are murdered every day, and we hear about only a fraction of them, tops.

Perhaps it would be better stated as "You're nobody til somebody kills you...provided you're young, female, pretty and white."

Key aspects of being somebody if you're killed:

- Being rich, or coming from a rich family.

- It happens in a bizarre and unusual way.

- You may have done something notable in your life.

- Slow news night.

Inspectah Deck
Can you gain a career from being killed?

Janus Marius
That's like asking if you can get a ride if you already walked the trip.

Captain REX
Has Bill Gates been murdered? no expression

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
laughing

Mindship
Originally posted by Inspectah Deck

Only if you come back to life...heck, they can start a whole new religion based on you.

DiamondBullets
People say Pac and Biggie were the best rappers EVER!--but that was only after they got shot.

Were they good?--very.

The Best?--no.

RedAlertv2
Its only true if you were at least slightly famous in the first place.

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Janus Marius

I was referring to these two...

Bardock42
Not Nobody, you can be very famous, but being killed can certainly enhance your fame...or at least the "cult" around you (but only if you were famous to begin with). And it's not necessarily being killed by someone else...take Kurt Cobain, or Ernest Hemingway for example.

lord xyz
Is this true? Why or why not? know. U nead betta grammer, but still know.

Inspectah Deck
no expression

K.Diddy

2 pac did smile

lord xyz
Originally posted by K.Diddy
2 pac did smile so did JFK

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by lord xyz
so did JFK

Him too.

Lord Urizen
That whole concept only exists in violent cultures.

Rap is a pretty violent and discriminating culture. It's easier in this field to like someone when they are DEAD, rather then when they are alive.

So yes, maybe so "Inspectah"

Spideys Sister
Fame is but so long... in 50 years ppl will say... what's a 2pac?

Darth Revan
Originally posted by Bardock42
Not Nobody, you can be very famous, but being killed can certainly enhance your fame...or at least the "cult" around you (but only if you were famous to begin with). And it's not necessarily being killed by someone else...take Kurt Cobain, or Ernest Hemingway for example.

I'd say that's true about Kurt Cobain, but Hemingway is famous because he was a great writer, not because he killed himself.

It's interesting that it only seems to happen to some people. Tupac, Biggie, and Cobain have sold way more albums since their deaths than they did before. Jam Master Jay, however, is also dead, and I don't know that there's been any jump in Run-DMC album sales. Same with Layne Staley and Alice in Chains.

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Darth Revan
I'd say that's true about Kurt Cobain, but Hemingway is famous because he was a great writer, not because he killed himself.

It's interesting that it only seems to happen to some people. Tupac, Biggie, and Cobain have sold way more albums since their deaths than they did before. Jam Master Jay, however, is also dead, and I don't know that there's been any jump in Run-DMC album sales. Same with Layne Staley and Alice in Chains.

Darth Raven, ur a smart dude.

Death can only enhance the majesty behind a celeb who was ALREADY admired to begin with. If a certain famous figure wasn't even liked that much, his or her death would only inspire pity, not awe. You don't have to DIE to become something great.

rickyduck
Originally posted by lord xyz
know. U nead betta grammer, but still know.

He needs better grammer! Ha! You said 'you' as 'u', and 'no' as 'know', so before accusing someone else of their grammer, get your's right. You can if you were rich/famous, if it was a black person getting killed by a white person (which is actually true, they get a lot of publicity) and if you were killed by a strange cause, like the 80 year old man in the shopping trolly

ThePrincessBee
Everybody is somebody before they die.baby

TheSpinner

It is LOGICALLY FALSE: There are so many counter examples but one is sufficient to prove that it is FALSE: MONICA LEWINSKY.( you don't have to have somebody kill you. But doing the president sure works like a charm) big grin

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Jam Master Jay, however, is also dead, and I don't know that there's been any jump in Run-DMC album sales.

Well he wasn't really popular to begin with

SpadeKing

WTF? I rather be a nobody then

General Kon-El
Originally posted by Captain REX
Has Bill Gates been murdered? no expression Hahahah noo. but we can tell George Bush is gonna get his ass shot one day. It seems pretty likely to happen no expression

AOR
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Van Gogh (sp?). First person that came to my mind...

~Flamboyant~
Originally posted by AOR
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Van Gogh (sp?). First person that came to my mind... Me too.

Fishy
Originally posted by TheSpinner
It is LOGICALLY FALSE: There are so many counter examples but one is sufficient to prove that it is FALSE: MONICA LEWINSKY.( you don't have to have somebody kill you. But doing the president sure works like a charm) big grin

And if she would have been killed during the time when all that stuff came out to the media she would have 50 times as famous, and probably would have had a movie about her, or at least based on her story...

When people who are in the attention at that time are killed they ussually become even more famous. Some of the most famous artists, painters and singers were unknown to the mayority of the people until the moment they died.

The more spectaculair or strange his life and or dead the more important the death will be. So no, getting killed doesn't make you famous you need a basis to get that, but it can help... Help a lot

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.